SweetT4JC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going from Obese to Body builder. Need advice

Are there any women on here who was previously very obese and is now a body builder? I am beginning a transformation but i am 310lbs and 5'6. I have the desire and drive to tackle this but i am wondering if its even realistically possible to go from my size to 16% body fat or less and look good. What about the extra skin? Is surgery the only option or will lifting take care of that as i cut? Any info about this will be greatly appreciated!

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congratulations on taking charge of your health. At your current stats, you should not be worried about loose skin and getting to a certain bf percentage. Your goal should be to get to a healthy weight and reassess.

FWIW, at my heaviest I was ~250lbs; I still have loose abdomen skin that will most likely require surgery. I'll take the loose skin as my quads/hams, back, and delts look killer. Good luck!
    Genshai

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by SweetT4JC View Post
    i am wondering if its even realistically possible to go from my size to 16% body fat or less and look good.

It's been done before.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/12/04...ggs/index.html

How bad do you want it?
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The only two things I would be worried about is hitting your training program hard and your diet

gl

Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    The only two things I would be worried about is hitting your training program hard and your diet

gl
    this. ill tell you right now youll need to change who you spend most of your time with. need to be around people who motivate you

mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Of course it can be done! The skin will, more than likely, be an issue (i speak from my experience though).
    "Maximal muscle growth is not about lifting maximal weight. That's called powerlifting and it's separate - albeit a related endeavour. The goal of a powerlifter is to lift as much weight as possible. The goal of a bodybuilder is to use as little weight possible to provide maximal muscle-building response." - Flex Magazine

kitten2cat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitten2cat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitten2cat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitten2cat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitten2cat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitten2cat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitten2cat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitten2cat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitten2cat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitten2cat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitten2cat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is possible. And about the loose skin, let's weigh they pro's and con's of loosing that weight.
    Pro's: Less chance of diabetes, heart attack, and a shorter life. Greater chance of happiness and a longer stronger life.
    Con's: loose skin and may have to drop a friend or two if they are bad influences.

If you loose all that weight and get great muscle mass, the loose skin may be less noticeable because you will be bigger but healthier and stronger too.

Tifflex: Thank you for your reply. And your right I am looking so far ahead. I will work on the priority of getting healthy 1st!

IronCharles: Wow thanks for sharing that link. Very Insoirational. And I want it bad. I am so ready for this change.

Thank you all for responding. I am so excited to get this weight off. I start my 12 week program to get me going today!
    Last edited by SweetT4JC; 11-26-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I suggest you search thru the bodyspace profiles highlighted in the transformations. There are examples of both males and females that started where you are at. The loose skin talk and all the other jazz can wait. You have a long road ahead to get to healthy point. If you can maintain the daily ritual of planning your meals, adding exercise, and following thru on them, those other worries will be answered in due time. You may want to delve into figuring out what started the weight gain. Changing your mindset can be extremely helpful in this journey you are about to begin.

lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yay!!! Good for you!! I'm excited to see your transformation
    Wasn't on here for awhile…. had my son in October of 2013 and now I'm back!!!!

sarahrammfit.wordpress.com
    instagram @sarahramm

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Check out bodyspace member gogogto. He has a great transformation story, and is a great guy to boot!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Wink

Originally Posted by Brad805 View Post
    I suggest you search thru the bodyspace profiles highlighted in the transformations. There are examples of both males and females that started where you are at. The loose skin talk and all the other jazz can wait. You have a long road ahead to get to healthy point. If you can maintain the daily ritual of planning your meals, adding exercise, and following thru on them, those other worries will be answered in due time. You may want to delve into figuring out what started the weight gain. Changing your mindset can be extremely helpful in this journey you are about to begin.
    This is great advise and i appreciate it. I am working on the mental aspect. Food has been my source of pleasure, entertainment, comfort, and i am reprogramming myself to view food simply as fuel.

LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

I started at 320 and am now 150 and making my way to be able to compete in womens physique. Its very tough but so rewarding. You have to chang your whole relationship with food and fitness. Be patient with yourself. Make small goals but keep the big picture in mind. Anything is possible if you want it bad enough! Best of luck! Its going to be an amazing journey! !
    Started at 350 pounds and 65% body fat
    Natural Women's Physique Competitor
    Future Ms. Natural Olympia

Motivadian and Lifestyle Coach

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Follow my shenanigans on Instagram: Fabulyss88

Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's an article about the Loose Skin myth and why surgery is not needed. I believe this guy because I had a lot of gross loose skin when I first started losing a lot of weight, but then it is not nearly noticeable now despite getting even smaller. I do have deep stretchmarks or shrinkmarks as I prefer to call them, but even those are getting less noticeable. In addition to what this guy says I do believe a good skin tightening lotion helps some too as I do a complete lotion rubdown after my shower.

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SweetT4JC View Post
    This is great advise and i appreciate it. I am working on the mental aspect. Food has been my source of pleasure, entertainment, comfort, and i am reprogramming myself to view food simply as fuel.
    Don't beat yourself up about that, but learn how to work around and it will continually get better. Lots of us (myself included) had the exact same problem of food being our happy place. Your food can still be very enjoyable, but dial down the bad parts. Fitness girls are constantly coming up with great recipes and for some reason share them for free all over in forums and their own websites. Learning to cook food that you enjoy is a part of the lifestyle if it is to become a permanent thing for you. Boring, bland food gets old and that makes it very hard to keep at.

Kudos for keeping involved in your discussion. So many start these discussions on that magic day it seems like a good idea only to disappear after they start to come to realize the reality of the work ahead. You are a big step ahead of the game my friend. The ladies (and a few of us odd guys) in this section will help you along the way if you ask.

elin70s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elin70s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm still a way off but I have found most of my skin does seem to be adjusting to my new shape. I do have the belly skin from kids etc but that's something I'll worry about in the future. I'm a little floppy round under my arms and my triceps but I'm finding as you build the muscles there it does seem to adjust. I'm making my weight loss a slow and steady thing now though to give my body a chance to adjust, replacing the fat size with muscle.

Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seriously read the link I posted above. ^ What people think is just loose skin is actually still fat so if you keep at it continuing to lose fat the stuff will go away. The surgery thing is a scam. One of my trainers was over 300 lbs and is under 200 now. He has a tight body with no lose skin. Your skin is alive, it is an organ that is constantly replacing its cells on a daily basis. It can reabsorb that lose skin it just takes time.

Originally Posted by Ang123 View Post
    Seriously read the link I posted above. ^ What people think is just loose skin is actually still fat so if you keep at it continuing to lose fat the stuff will go away. The surgery thing is a scam. One of my trainers was over 300 lbs and is under 200 now. He has a tight body with no lose skin. Your skin is alive, it is an organ that is constantly replacing its cells on a daily basis. It can reabsorb that lose skin it just takes time.
    I just read the skin article. That is a lot of great information and it makes sense the way he broke it down. Thank you for sharing that. It really changes my perspective on the speed that i loose the weight and helped me think of the quality of health not just the number on the scale!

Originally Posted by LyssieDoll88 View Post
    I started at 320 and am now 150 and making my way to be able to compete in womens physique. Its very tough but so rewarding. You have to chang your whole relationship with food and fitness. Be patient with yourself. Make small goals but keep the big picture in mind. Anything is possible if you want it bad enough! Best of luck! Its going to be an amazing journey! !
    Congratulations on your success! Thank you for the encouragement :-)

Originally Posted by Brad805 View Post
    Don't beat yourself up about that, but learn how to work around and it will continually get better. Lots of us (myself included) had the exact same problem of food being our happy place. Your food can still be very enjoyable, but dial down the bad parts. Fitness girls are constantly coming up with great recipes and for some reason share them for free all over in forums and their own websites. Learning to cook food that you enjoy is a part of the lifestyle if it is to become a permanent thing for you. Boring, bland food gets old and that makes it very hard to keep at.

Kudos for keeping involved in your discussion. So many start these discussions on that magic day it seems like a good idea only to disappear after they start to come to realize the reality of the work ahead. You are a big step ahead of the game my friend. The ladies (and a few of us odd guys) in this section will help you along the way if you ask.
    Thanks! And your right, if the food is boring or bland its very difficult to stick to. I love to cook now just need to exchange the ingredients a bit. Thank you for offering advice and feedback :-)

Originally Posted by elin70s View Post
    I'm making my weight loss a slow and steady thing now though to give my body a chance to adjust, replacing the fat size with muscle.
    That is a good idea. I'm trying to do the same and take it slow and steady.