Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ang123 View Post
    I haven't seen your biceps, but you do have some damn nice abs!
    Lol, thanks.

The folks in the regular world don't get to see them all that often, though.

I do, however, wear tanks and sleeveless things as much as possible. . I probably get the most comments on them, (arms) only because they are the most visible. And besides that one time I mentioned, no one has ever said anything negative to me.
    Only positive or tips on asking how they might get such arms. Besides Kimm and maybe one or two others , I am more muscular than the women in this thread who claim to get all this negativity and hate.

Maybe they live in parts of the world where everyone is a mean *******?
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I'm at the gym I'm like Im huge yeah!!! then I go shopping and the large sales lady is like "oh, your so lucky your so tiny....."
    Pfffffft rage.
    Each to their own.

Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post

Maybe they live in parts of the world where everyone is a mean *******?
    Well I can't speak for every gal on here, but that certainly describes where I live. The only good women are barefoot and pregnant around here. lol

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I can't speak for every gal on here, but that certainly describes where I live. The only good women are barefoot and pregnant around here. lol

I do love both being pregnant AND barefoot, though. Shoes just ain't my thang...
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The few people that have made comments to me regarding big arms, etc.... I find later asking for advice or starting to talk more about working out themselves. There are some people that legitimately don't like muscles on women and that's their prerogative. Most of the time, though, it's either jealousy or interest that the comments stem from. Either way, I take it as a compliment that my progress is showing. My hubby LOVES every bit of tone that I show and is very encouraging of my progress, so I must admit that helps a lot in keeping me confident and happy!

mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    People use to say crap like that too me but not anymore. Probably cuz they see i am a lost cause lol Imma get big no matter what they say!
    "Maximal muscle growth is not about lifting maximal weight. That's called powerlifting and it's separate - albeit a related endeavour. The goal of a powerlifter is to lift as much weight as possible. The goal of a bodybuilder is to use as little weight possible to provide maximal muscle-building response." - Flex Magazine

sococo1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sococo1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sococo1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sococo1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sococo1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sococo1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sococo1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sococo1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sococo1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sococo1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sococo1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Psychoelectric View Post
    Have you ever felt self-conscious when people comment that you are 'too big' (even though you think you are damn small)? I am sometimes in conflict with others' and my own perception of beauty.

Has anyone ever felt the same way? How to overcome such feelings?
    very occasionally...no one has ever commented but i catch myself sometimes looking at the the 'skinnier' girls on the cardio. then i get over it cause you get 100x more respect from people from lifting!

GymJunkieTasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymJunkieTasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymJunkieTasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymJunkieTasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymJunkieTasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymJunkieTasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Wink

The lady who owns the gym where I go said once, "You are starting look masculine why dont you drop your weight training for a while so that you become feminine again."
    I was honestly puzzled and told my friend about it. He told me to tell her that - atleast get rid of that paunch and thunder thighs before commenting on others.
    He flashed one of my recent pictures of me in my face and said I still have a long way to go but I look the best i've ever looked in my life. I went down from 63kgs to 54kgs in couple of months.
    So yeah I guess those people are just complxed that they cant put in that kind of hard work and diet. All they can do is be judgmental. I think muscles any day look better than all that jiggly fat or just skin and bones this is my personal opinion.
    Last edited by GymJunkieTasha; 11-22-2012 at 09:53 PM.

fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    At a high school football game some jerk tried to embarrass me and yells out "hey Ciara- how much do you bench?" I just smiled and responded "more than you- that's for sure." nobody at school has commented since unless it was a compliment.

It's all about how you react and how you carry yourself. Don't let it get to you, most people say things out of jealousy. It sucks when your hard work isn't appreciated and is insulted by people, but that's why you gotta do it for yourself

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fit4aprincess View Post
    At a high school football game some jerk tried to embarrass me and yells out "hey Ciara- how much do you bench?" I just smiled and responded "more than you- that's for sure." nobody at school has commented since unless it was a compliment.

It's all about how you react and how you carry yourself. Don't let it get to you, most people say things out of jealousy. It sucks when your hard work isn't appreciated and is insulted by people, but that's why you gotta do it for yourself
    I have to say for me most reactions have been very positive. I can tell some people are perplexed but they aren't rude. I had somebody ask me to flex my biceps so she could take a picture to show her friends, a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was funny. My neighbor said that his teenage son started lifting weights himself inspired by me, which I thought was a compliment. As fit4aprincess says, it has much to do with how you carry yourself. Be secure about your looks but keep a sense of humor about yourself. If people want to make a joke about how much I can bench, I'll be a good sport, it doesn't offend me. But I don't carry myself in a way that makes it convenient for people to insult me. Of course I am almost 40 and kids will more easily insult people their own age than grown up ladies . I don't think it's necessarily jealousy, I recognize most women don't want muscle and that's just fine with me. As long as they let me do what I want without bothering me, then everything is just fine.

And now off to my back and bis day.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

zltrevi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

First of all... First post ever! So Hi!

This happens to me often. I love muscles and I love to have them. I'm 22 and 5'02". I've dropped almost 60lbs in the last 4 yrs I now weigh 129 lbs ona good day and now am looking to develop my muscles. When I tell people my goal the usual reaponses are "why?", "noooooooooo", "really?",... I just tell them because I want to, I like it,and I can. Thankfully I have an awesome support system (my trainer who gets me and has become a good friend and a couple of guys with similar goals - yes guys and I'm a girl-) and of course my mom who eats and trains similar to me. One of them recently told me: " what everybody else thinks is none of your business" and he is right! I do look bulky right now because I still have some fat to get rid of but I'm loving how my body is developing and most important I'm enjoying the journey. So keep it up! In the end it's you vs. you.

KaydaRN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you ever felt self-conscious when people comment that you are 'too big' (even though you think you are damn small)? I am sometimes in conflict with others' and my own perception of beauty.

I used to feel that way my parents and some coworkers make comments about being "too big" but over all I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from freinds. What it comes down to is are you happy witht he way you look. Nothing is better than seeing progress and pushing to the next level. I love when I am lifting as much or more than some of the guys at the gym. My significant other loves how I look and pushes me to keep going and get bigger.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All I can tell OP is to try surround yourself with people a) more mature and b) more athletically inclined. At work for example, most of the people in my department do marathons, triathlons, tough mudder, etc. So they understand the concept of working hard toward a fitness goal and wouldn't run their mouth against someone doing the same. As for the other people you are forced to be around whether you like it or not, they shouldn't feel authorized to be offensive to you and you should tell them that.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

To be Healthy & Lean Going4Lean's Avatar
    Going4Lean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Going4Lean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Going4Lean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Going4Lean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Going4Lean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Going4Lean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Going4Lean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Going4Lean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Going4Lean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Going4Lean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Going4Lean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For the most part, I get positive feedback about my muscles. But a lady at work, when I was showing some pictures of my arm growth, she said..."What, are you trying to look like a man? You have the muscles of a man! Why would you want to look like that??" Needless to say, I just kept on showing the pictures, cause I'm proud of how I look!
    ~Shelly~

"Burning fat and transforming your body is simple, but it's not easy. You gotta work at it. But if you're willing to put the work in, you will take out the rewards!"

**I'm working with a weight lifting restriction, due to surgery repair, but I'm still making great progress.**

morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sometimes I feel this way, depending on what time of the season usually! ha! If Im in my bulking season or offseason, I always get..."swole" "huge" "jacked" and it kind hurts my feelings, because I don't think I'm big in a good way, cause I'm not cut or dialing in for a show. Of course, they feel it's their duty to tell me their opinions on female muscle too. I've gotten, "oh, don't get any bigger! That's just not sexy!", or "oh, you want to get bigger?!?!", or clients of mine would say, "I want to be like you, but just more feminine..."..I'm like, "Bitch! I am feminine, and sexy and yes, I have muscle, but I'm tight and that's why your boyfriend can't stop looking at me!" haha! But for real, in the on season time, I am more defined and lose all my off season fluff and I get the same freaking comments mostly from people that see me online and call me "shredded" when I'm like six weeks out from a show and no where near shredded in my eyes, or the fact that they just called me "big" when I'm dialing in for a show or trying to make weight at 115 pounds! I just want to give them a big **** you very much! and really end up venting sometimes on media outlets because people who don't compete or train as hard, just don't understand the emotional and psychological bull**** we have to deal with on a day to day basis; most of it self inflicted, we don't need their two cents too!
    It's easy to say brush it off and keep on trekking or use it as positive energy for your next workout, but words cut deep and you have to really learn how to block out all negative insults and create your own positive mental shield to not thwart your training or your diet.
    Vanessa Valdez
    ********: Chick Diesel@Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    NPC Physique Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    "Don't talk about it! Be about it!"

Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking Lol

Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    Lulz. You're not from Romania are you?

The sexiest women that I see at the gym are the ones who actually lift... and LOOK like they lift.

Squat booty + back/arm/shoulder muscle + nice legs = ohmylawd.jpg

THIS one is ! And yes, sports ARE a national obsession.
    "Be happy, but never satisfied". ~ Bruce Lee

Aidanqm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aidanqm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aidanqm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aidanqm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aidanqm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aidanqm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aidanqm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aidanqm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aidanqm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aidanqm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aidanqm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think women can win no matter how you spin it. At 110 my nick-name with my friends is "skinny runner chic" and it isn't meant as a compliment. I think that no matter how we look, someone will always find fault with it. Too skinny. Too fat. Too muscular. Not enough muscles. Blah blah. It's never ending. The only thing that should matter is if you are happy with your body. Different people will like/dislike different looks. You can't please everyone.

Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking Misery likes company.

I don't enable or support negativity , and that just says it. Only very few of my friends are into fitness and we always support each other. Those who always tried to pull me down are no longer around me.
    I hate being teased at work, specially in the summer when I have no choice but to wear short sleeves. I work with a bunch of men and it's a very insensitive enviourment.
    I expect people to respect my way of life and keep their comments inside their heads though, I will never talk down to someone who is on the other side of the fence , I think anyone who tells YOU how to live your life has issues ! I'm willing to do the work , so if THEY don't/can't won't it's their own choice. I'm personally planning to live a very long life , feel good and look good ! Kudos to all of you beautiful muscle ladies !

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Aidanqm View Post
    I don't think women can win no matter how you spin it. At 110 my nick-name with my friends is "skinny runner chic" and it isn't meant as a compliment. I think that no matter how we look, someone will always find fault with it. Too skinny. Too fat. Too muscular. Not enough muscles. Blah blah. It's never ending. The only thing that should matter is if you are happy with your body. Different people will like/dislike different looks. You can't please everyone.

Well said .

S1NN3R G0N3 G00D NotBigEnough206's Avatar
    NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Summersalt View Post
    I don't enable or support negativity , and that just says it. Only very few of my friends are into fitness and we always support each other. Those who always tried to pull me down are no longer around me.
    I hate being teased at work, specially in the summer when I have no choice but to wear short sleeves. I work with a bunch of men and it's a very insensitive enviourment.
    I expect people to respect my way of life and keep their comments inside their heads though, I will never talk down to someone who is on the other side of the fence , I think anyone who tells YOU how to live your life has issues ! I'm willing to do the work , so if THEY don't/can't won't it's their own choice. I'm personally planning to live a very long life , feel good and look good ! Kudos to all of you beautiful muscle ladies !
    of course people will judge and hate

I get it all the time, mostly from men and women too, but it always feels good to put on a t shirt, walk in to a bar or anywhere and watch the women stare at your arms

many more compliments then negative ones is what I got and I dont even care really, I do it for me, not for them.
    EX YU Mafia #1 ----Cant Touch Us----

(OO==[][]==OO)

Its not important what they say behind my back, what is Important is whether they stop talking and look down when I turn around.

Registered User Fitcollegechick's Avatar
    Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just bc a girl has more definition then girls and guys. People get jealous. I have a better six pack then my boyfriend and he loves it!

Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by morisca View Post
    Of course, they feel it's their duty to tell me their opinions on female muscle too. I've gotten, "oh, don't get any bigger! That's just not sexy!",
    Its always amazing when I hear that because most of us would never walk up to an overweight person for instance and say "oh don't get any bigger that's just not sexy" or the same thing in reverse to someone who is real skinny and without muscle tone we wouldn't give them unsolicited advice that they need to build muscle so they can look sexy. Everyone's opinions differ as to what constitutes sexy, but others have no right coming up to anyone else and telling them how to look.

I am still in the losing weight stage of bodybuilding where my muscles aren't too visible yet but if I can ever get the bf% down I will be enduring the same thing as I've already had men tell me at the gym I shouldn't be lifting so heavy. A friend who is very sculpted and competes has guys making fun of her at the gym yet women especially older ladies oddly enough are complimenting her muscles in the locker room. On one hand its irritating so many guys are so backwards about their views of the female body, yet other women are slowly coming around to realize being fit is sexy...not to mention healthy!

Originally Posted by morisca View Post
    Sometimes I feel this way, depending on what time of the season usually! ha! If Im in my bulking season or offseason, I always get..."swole" "huge" "jacked" and it kind hurts my feelings, because I don't think I'm big in a good way, cause I'm not cut or dialing in for a show. Of course, they feel it's their duty to tell me their opinions on female muscle too. I've gotten, "oh, don't get any bigger! That's just not sexy!", or "oh, you want to get bigger?!?!", or clients of mine would say, "I want to be like you, but just more feminine..."..I'm like, "Bitch! I am feminine, and sexy and yes, I have muscle, but I'm tight and that's why your boyfriend can't stop looking at me!" haha! But for real, in the on season time, I am more defined and lose all my off season fluff and I get the same freaking comments mostly from people that see me online and call me "shredded" when I'm like six weeks out from a show and no where near shredded in my eyes, or the fact that they just called me "big" when I'm dialing in for a show or trying to make weight at 115 pounds! I just want to give them a big **** you very much! and really end up venting sometimes on media outlets because people who don't compete or train as hard, just don't understand the emotional and psychological bull**** we have to deal with on a day to day basis; most of it self inflicted, we don't need their two cents too!
    It's easy to say brush it off and keep on trekking or use it as positive energy for your next workout, but words cut deep and you have to really learn how to block out all negative insults and create your own positive mental shield to not thwart your training or your diet.
    Now imagine if instead it had been you talking to an obese person and said things like "oh, don't get any bigger! That's just not sexy!" or "I want to be like you, but just less fat". Would it be socially acceptable? Of course not, but for some reason, saying that to women who work out is. Go figure...

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Now imagine if instead it had been you talking to an obese person and said things like "oh, don't get any bigger! That's just not sexy!" or "I want to be like you, but just less fat". Would it be socially acceptable? Of course not, but for some reason, saying that to women who work out is. Go figure...

It seems socially acceptable to judge women by their bodies regardless of the type of body. Our society teaches women have no value outside of sex. Just look at how sexualized little girls clothing is these days. We are all taught this at an early age thus brainwashed into worrying what others think about how we look.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It seems socially acceptable to judge women by their bodies regardless of the type of body. Our society teaches women have no value outside of sex. Just look at how sexualized little girls clothing is these days. We are all taught this at an early age thus brainwashed into worrying what others think about how we look.
    Slippery slope don't you think?

It's isn't just women that get judged. Women judge other women, men judge other men, and I have heard many times from average/obese women that "buff" dudes are not attractive. Ignore it. Smile. Carry on.