Thread: gym anxiety

1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

gym anxiety

Hello there, I would like to talk about one of the main obstickle that is keeping me away from reaching my physical goal and fitness level. ANXIETY.
    Well, we all know that some people start somewhere but for some reason my brain tends to ignore this fact and I become very concerned about what others think about me in the gym ''Am I doing the right form?'' '' is that guy waiting for the bech i am using?'' ''is the music i am playing too load?'' '' This new nike shorts looks a bit tight, damn everyone is seeing my ugly form'' these are some examples of the thoughts that rush through my mind everytime I am working out.

Its really hard to keep up with all this stress which is the mainly reason behind me quitting the gym early.
    I try to motivate myself through vid, pics and some quotes but for some reason they have no effect on me. I dont know if that is natural.
    anyways, i am sure that someone out there shares the same issues I am having and would offer a helping hand and give me a little insight on how to tackle this problem.

Thank you

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, I think the honest truth is that half the people in there are thinking the exact same things about themselves, and the other half is just thinking about their workout. Neither half cares even a little bit what you're doing as long as you aren't in their way.

Personally, I despise commercial gyms, and I only use them when I'm travelling and there's no other option. A home gym can be built for peanuts in even a small space. A bench, a barbell, and some weights are all you need. These can be had at a yard sale for next to nothing.

NickLopez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't worry, man. This is completely normal. You need to realize that everyone in the gym only cares about themselves. This is true with most people in general anyways, but ESPECIALLY in the gym. They're only concerned with how they look, they don't give two ****s about you, and that's a good thing!

Just learn to ignore that anxiety. I wrote a detailed article about this very topic which you can check out here: www(dot)weapons4weightloss(dot)com/80/dont-be-intimidated-in-the-gym/

Hope that helps!

-Nick
    Tired of being fat? Get The Weapons For Success With My FREE Blog:

http://www.Weapons4WeightLoss.com

ACE Certified Personal Trainer

1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Well, I think the honest truth is that half the people in there are thinking the exact same things about themselves, and the other half is just thinking about their workout. Neither half cares even a little bit what you're doing as long as you aren't in their way.

Personally, I despise commercial gyms, and I only use them when I'm travelling and there's no other option. A home gym can be built for peanuts in even a small space. A bench, a barbell, and some weights are all you need. These can be had at a yard sale for next to nothing.
    Well, here in dublin. I barely have space so stretch my legs when i am sleeping. My only option is the unvi gym which fairly small in size and very limited which got my very concerned. A good example is what happened today, I was squating with 3 other people waiting for me to get done. While i was squating one of them laugh which shattered my concentation and I almost fell off the rack. was awkward but I am trying to forget about it.

fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is definetly normal OP, especially when just starting out. I feel pretty comfortable in the gym after years of lifting, but still have days (especially after a week off or a longer break when I fear that my lifts will have gone down and people will notice or when it's been a rough day/week and i'm out of energy and fear i won't be able to lift the same amount as last time) where I get anxiety before going to the gym. You just have to remind yourself that no one is paying attention, not that you're not oggle-worthy but most people are there to workout and get out.

truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500)
    Really, as has been stated, no one cares. The only people I notice in the gym, are the guys doing stupid exercises, guys doing massive amounts of weight, people doing exercises wrong and the ladies. What you lift doesn't matter. No one knows if you are starting a new program, super setting etc... all sorts of reasons you might being doing small weights. I started a new program, been on a very long cut and have only been lifting for a few months and no one cares that I'm probably benching less then some ladies do. No one cares and if they do they aren't going to say anything. Keep your eyes on the weights, do your work and get out. So many people are doing so many stupid things, so many exercises wrong and generally wasting their time, you have nothing to worry about. I love watching the manlets doing big weight while squating but only doing 3/4 or 1/2 squats. What a joke. The stupid trainers teaching people the most retarded exercises or not even correctly peoples form while getting paid to train them. 3 inch range of motion pull ups by the old guys, fat dudes, err I mean powerlifters doing dumbell presses on an exercise ball. Ignorant. Hey tubby how about dropping a 100 pounds and the man$tits, we might be impressed... the list is endless.

Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I recommend having a couple of personal training sessions with the trainers from the gym. They will help you with your form but more importantly help you feel comfortable in the place.

chrisintx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisintx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisintx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisintx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was the same way when I first started. I just started going really early so there was a lot less people. I put in my headphones and try to only focus on my music and exercise I'm doing, after a bit your forget about the people around - for the most part anyway. Good Luck! I hope this helps
    Bubba Army
    radioio.com

Renskol is a name known to all. (+5000) Renskol is a name known to all. (+5000) Renskol is a name known to all. (+5000) Renskol is a name known to all. (+5000) Renskol is a name known to all. (+5000) Renskol is a name known to all. (+5000) Renskol is a name known to all. (+5000) Renskol is a name known to all. (+5000) Renskol is a name known to all. (+5000) Renskol is a name known to all. (+5000) Renskol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Everyone is like this in the gym, don't compare yourself to other people. The best piece of advice is to just be concerned with yourself foremost. Even if your'e uncomfortable with form, get a Personal Trainer to critque you. It's apart of their job, don't be scared to ask for them to work.

Personally when I do compare myself in the gym, it's only with people who are in my way (right next to me) or who muck around with equipment right near me.
    May 2011: 260lbs+ (Obese in Hospital) -- 2012 Recomp Year (April: 158lbs, Dec: 163lbs) -- 2013 - 2014 Monster-Bulk Status (SRS)

~~ Ugly Duckling Syndrome Crew ~~
    ~~ Melbourne Misc Crew ~~

Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Aussieguy101 View Post
    I recommend having a couple of personal training sessions with the trainers from the gym. They will help you with your form but more importantly help you feel comfortable in the place.
    ^^^this, plus you have to train yourself to be focussed. While you are doing that lift, nothing else matters.
    I was the same myself...it was doing me more harm than good.

Man up mate, go back to the gym and get into it. Nothing gains respect like perseverence. This is just a speedbump...once you start seeing results and going forward towards your goals, you will be glad you kept at it.

Good luck
    Brick by brick
    "Never let the weeds get higher than the garden, always keep a diamond in your mind"

idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pretty much going to echo what everyone else said... Just go. Keep going. And you'll be fine. It really is that simple. I had gym anxiety too. Didn't want to be the only fat guy lifting. Held off on lifting for awhile (terrible idea...) But, realizing that it was the the right thing to do, to achieve the results I wanted, I did it. I was anxious and nervous as **** for a bit. But over a small period of time, I no longer give a ****. I'm busy with my routine, my form, my rest periods, etc... I then realized everyone pretty much had the same focus as I did and they didn't give a **** about me in the slightest. My anxiety is gone. Truth is, you're not that important. Showing up at the gym will not alter anyone else's life, except yours. Don't make the mistake of not going. Don't wait around for the anxiety to go away, because it won't unless you face it. And keep facing it until you realize you don't give a **** anymore. Be excited about yourself and the changes you're creating. Be excited that you're on a new path.

Also, if you pay attention, most people's form sucks. They don't know how to do anything right. For example, I've yet to see someone else besides me bench press correctly, with proper form. If anything, I'm the one judging, not being judged (and really, my judgement is short lived as I'm back to focusing on my ****). Guy is waiting for the bench or some other equipment? You can ask if he wants to work in (take turns) and maybe meet someone and strike up a conversation during rest times... Or they can ****ing wait their turn. You were there first. Music too loud? Sorry, can't hear you. My music is too loud!

EDIT: I disagree on the personal training sessions. 1). They're expensive. 2). PT's likely don't teach practical **** (compound lifts). At least the ones at my gym don't. 3). Read starting strength. Rippetoe will teach you how to lift properly. Go to youtube and watch form if need be. You don't need anyone to hold your hand. You're capable of doing all of this yourself. GL, OP.

myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They world doesn't rotate around you.

No one at the gym gives a phuck about you, your shoes, your form, or your music.

Watch fight club. Push weights. Profit???
    Reppin DMF & JG crew

MITCHFUCHS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MITCHFUCHS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MITCHFUCHS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MITCHFUCHS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MITCHFUCHS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MITCHFUCHS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MITCHFUCHS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MITCHFUCHS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MITCHFUCHS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MITCHFUCHS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MITCHFUCHS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Couldn't agree with this more. Who cares man just keep telling yourself that and go hard. Personally the only things that get to me or annoy me when i'm in the gym is when your working out beside some idiot that is screaming and grunting so loud its a distraction and it drowns out the music in your headphones!

JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    We were all like this at some point. Our low self image is one of the things that kept us in the poor shape we were in, which attributed to our low self esteem... a vicious, circular cycle. Eventually, you gotta stop worrying about what other people think, and break that cycle before it breaks you.

My advice? Wear a hoodie and sweat pants. Put you ear buds in and lift. Don't look at anyone else, look at the weights and concentrate and moving them from point A to point B.

Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by truushot View Post
    I love watching the manlets doing big weight while squating but only doing 3/4 or 1/2 squats. What a joke. The stupid trainers teaching people the most retarded exercises or not even correctly peoples form while getting paid to train them. 3 inch range of motion pull ups by the old guys, fat dudes, err I mean powerlifters doing dumbell presses on an exercise ball. Ignorant. Hey tubby how about dropping a 100 pounds and the man$tits, we might be impressed... the list is endless.
    Really?

Registered User hotsaucegolden1's Avatar
    hotsaucegolden1 is not very helpful. (-500) hotsaucegolden1 is not very helpful. (-500) hotsaucegolden1 is not very helpful. (-500) hotsaucegolden1 is not very helpful. (-500) hotsaucegolden1 is not very helpful. (-500) hotsaucegolden1 is not very helpful. (-500) hotsaucegolden1 is not very helpful. (-500) hotsaucegolden1 is not very helpful. (-500) hotsaucegolden1 is not very helpful. (-500) hotsaucegolden1 is not very helpful. (-500) hotsaucegolden1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    who gives a toss bout other people your there for you and its better then sitting on the couch.. and yeh put ur ipod on listen to the music u like and get down to business..

just dont do wat i did today and start singing to the music.. had a couple of girls laughing at me lol.
    one rep max Goals:
    Bench: 80kg [x] 85 [x ] 90kg [x ] - 100kg [] 105kg [ ] 110kg [ ] 115kg [ ] 120kg [ ]
    Squat: 100kg [x ] - 120kg [x ] - 140kg [ ]- 150kg [ ] - 160kg [ ]
    Deadlift: 90kg [x] - 100kg [ ] - 110kg [ ] - 120kg [ ] - 140kg [ ]- 160kg [ ]
    OHP: 40kg [x] 45kg [x] 50 kg [x ] 55kg [x ] 60kg [ ] 65kg[ ] 70kg [ ]

Registered User transformerchad's Avatar
    transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000)
    [QUOTE=1212man1212;972892403]Hello there, I would like to talk about one of the main obstickle that is keeping me away from reaching my physical goal and fitness level. ANXIETY.
    Well, we all know that some people start somewhere but for some reason my brain tends to ignore this fact and I become very concerned about what others think about me in the gym ''Am I doing the right form?'' '' is that guy waiting for the bech i am using?'' ''is the music i am playing too load?'' '' This new nike shorts looks a bit tight, damn everyone is seeing my ugly form'' these are some examples of the thoughts that rush through my mind everytime I am working out.

Its really hard to keep up with all this stress which is the mainly reason behind me quitting the gym early.
    I try to motivate myself through vid, pics and some quotes but for some reason they have no effect on me. I dont know if that is natural.
    anyways, i am sure that someone out there shares the same issues I am having and would offer a helping hand and give me a little insight on how to tackle this problem.

you there to better yourself man , put your music on loud and enter BEAST MODE ! ! **** everyone else , you at the gym for YOURSELF . train hard and educate yourself daily
    aweh

CdTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I only started going to the gym about 4.5 months ago after a 6 year hiatus. I started doing Kris Gethin's hardcore plan with a friend of mine and trust me I looked like an absolute spaz the first couple of weeks. Yes it was slightly embarrassing but I just worked my way through it. Try picking times at the gym when you know it won't be that crowded. After a couple of weeks you will start to feel good in the gym and trust me the change in physique is one of the most satisfying feelings there is. I look forward to stepping on the scale and checking myself out in the mirror every week because I know I am progressing towards my ultimate goal of under 10% bf.

TSFH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSFH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSFH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSFH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSFH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSFH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSFH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSFH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSFH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSFH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSFH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unless your a chick with a nice ass - doing squats and deadlifts, rest assured NOBODY cares about your presence. GO pick up that barbell NOW!

findthejake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) findthejake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) findthejake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) findthejake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) findthejake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) findthejake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been running gyms and fitness centers for the last decade or so and I've always gotten those feelings even when I just walk through the gym sometimes. Now though I'm in there daily, f*** em if they don't like seeing my fat ass sweating it out and doing what I need to do to get in shape. It's my space now mofos!
    www.fattygoesrunning.com

Monkey Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monkey Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monkey Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monkey Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monkey Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monkey Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monkey Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monkey Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monkey Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monkey Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monkey Wrench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with the people that said to get a couple personal training sessions. They can help you with form and you're guaranteed to feel more comfortable in the gym being with someone who works there. If you're doing something wrong, it's their fault, not your fault.

Plus, the more you go, the easier it gets. If you go regularly, after a couple weeks you'll feel like you belong at the gym. I started back in the gym again 4 months ago and felt awkward - even left a couple times early without finishing my workout. After trying out a couple times of day trying to find a less busy time and going consistently every day, I am completely comfortable. Just force yourself to go and try to find a time where there are less people to make you anxious.

At my gym I've found 11am at least until 1pm are good times to go. There are a few people who on their lunch break and few who don't work days; mostly older people.
    Saturday morning (early) are also usually pretty slow. I go at 7am and it's usually just me and 1 or 2 other people - the crowd starts showing up around 9 or so it seems. Sunday morning is the same and seems pretty slow through the day until the evening time.

The times you probably want to avoid are early mornings and evenings around 5-9pm during the week.

Just do it man. Good luck.

fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 1212man1212 View Post
    Hello there, I would like to talk about one of the main obstickle that is keeping me away from reaching my physical goal and fitness level. ANXIETY.

Thank you
    Here is what i realized that helps me get over those thoughts:

People ARE thinking exactly those things... it's only natural. but who cares? just know that everyone will be thinking those things and get over THAT. just stop caring what they think, because they are going to think it about you whether you are in the gym or not. the only difference is that you ARE in the gym and making strides towards bettering yourself.

was a hard thing to get over as a morbidly obese guy.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's been said already but I'll say it again, music. Put some earphones in, concentrate on your lifts and block everything else out.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

Coaster1214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coaster1214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coaster1214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coaster1214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coaster1214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coaster1214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coaster1214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its all part of the journey man. in 2 years you'll look back and laugh

Blazebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blazebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blazebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blazebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blazebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blazebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blazebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blazebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blazebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blazebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blazebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had the same issue, I got a personal trainer so that I wouldn't feel so isolated and easy to pick on.
    I recommend you go with a friend or with a personal trainer. The people that are full of negative thoughts are often low-achievers themselves.

If your form is bad and someone corrects you or makes fun of you for it, then you've learned that your form is crap and now you know you need to work on it.
    If someone thinks you look silly they probably won't say anything and if they do just ignore them, your there to better yourself and should disregard them.

Whatever you do though, don't be so nervous about confrontation....I'm like this and it sucks, but when I disregard this feeling of anxiousness I often realise there was nothing to be anxious about in the beginning. Even if someone confronts you in a negative way, you will often learn something from it and you can then use this knowledge to your advantage OP.

If you smoke weed, stop it. I found that my anxiety is caused by weed.....even if I have one bowl in the weekend I will end up feeling really anxious for the next week or two.

JUST DO IT. LIVE AND LEARN.

xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500)
    I have the same thing sometimes and I do do see people with wrong form but its not like I think there stupid, I just know they don't have that knowledge, most likely there was a point where I thought the same thing, but I don't think any less of you. Just think of it if you saw someone else that was weaker then you or was doing some in the wrong form, or did something that possibly looked stupid but actually does work. Do you think less of them in any kind if way?

iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you can find a lifting buddy it makes a world of difference. I've always been a big, somewhat strong guy so it wasn't really the weights that put the anxiety on me... it was doing cardio, especially around chicks. A pre-workout that gets you amped and motivated, earbuds and some intense music, and pick a spot on the wall and stare at it while you match your strides to the fast tempo of the music. Once you start looking better you'll feel a part of the place. At this point, I've been going to the same place for about 7 months and starting to get to know people, spot people, rotate in if we're both doing the same **** on the same days if need be. Like someone else said, perseverance... you'll earn people's respect.

thanks guys, thanks so much

I noticed that adding more music to my mp3, changed pretty much everything. I am also working first thing in the morning around 7 am, which makes the gym not that crowded since its a small college gym. Further more, the anxiety is still there but its not like it use to be for, at least I can tell after 2 days in the gym so far.

About the forms, well, I've been researching them well, like on bb.com and it was a bit confusing I would youtube it which helps alot.

anyways, I will report to you guys later