Thread: beasthood

facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50)

beasthood

I will be recording my lifts here in this section pretty much on a daily basis for several reasons, but mainly just to keep track of my own progress. I keep a written log but I figure why not post on here for contrast. It also helps maintain self-discipline. I been lifting for several years in high school, I played running back in football at centennial high out here on the west coast ca south side for about four years so my lower strength is decent, but my upper strength needs improvement though. I stopped lifting because I smoke a lot of weed, and I had become very lazy over the years. But I am back on my regimen. Ive been lifting for the past four months now, making some serious gains after an 8 year hiatus. I don't fallow any particular order or program because i think that's all bull****, I don't take no supplements; no creatine, no steroids, no pills, no chemicals, no bull****, because that's bull****. I just do what I feel like doing without over training and I eat whatever I feel like eating as long as its whole. Currently I eat about 4000 calories per day (3500 on days that I don't lift) with at least 200 grams of protein per day. Feel free to criticize my routine or provide constructive advice, it would be much appreciated.

Current lifts: @ 6'2-220lbs roughly 13% BF

Squat: 450lbs. 350lbs 5X5 FOR REPS ATG. My high school max was 510lbs. but no worries tho, I will be squatting 500 + in due time.

Front Squat: 400lbs. 300lbs 5X5. I know I could probably front squat a lot more but I always front squat right after six sets of back squats, so by the time I hit front squats my legs feel like butter. I also do these with much less rest time in between sets (probably one or two minutes) mainly because they are scary, the pain is absolutely horrifying and I just want to get them over with as soon as possible.

Bench: 320lbs. REP 250lbs 5X5. I am disappointed with my rep scheme, a lot of room for improvement here. Relative to my max, I should be much higher in rep count, but this too will improve in no time.

Dead-lift: 500lbs. 405lbs 5X5 for reps. Ive only been doing deads for less then two months or so, prior to these I only did straight leg deads at much lighter weight. So this too should improve in no time.

Overhead: 200lbs. 180 5X5. this is by far my weakest lift, my deltoids are lagging far behind every other muscle group and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Go through my journal when you get a chance and any advice on my shoulder routine would be much appreciated. I do 20 sometimes 30 rigorous sets for hours, and still no growth or gains. Its very frustrating.

Power Clean: 300lbs. I don't know how much I can rep, I just started doing these again after 8 years of literally no serious physical activity.

I'll get pics when I can. like I said feel free to add suggestions or if you have any questions, feel free to ask...
    Last edited by facerasta; 07-09-2012 at 01:37 AM.

facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50) facerasta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    July 9

BICEPS

Straight bar curls:

150X8
    150X8
    150X8
    150X8
    150X8

Chin Ups:

BWX8
    BWX8
    BWX8
    BWX8
    BWX8
    BWX8

DB Curls:

50X10
    50X10
    50X10
    50X10
    50X10

Preacher Curls:

100X10
    100X10
    100X10
    100X10
    100X10

Hammer Curls:

40X12
    40X12
    40X12
    40X12
    40X12

1 hour 27 Minutes.

July 8 (yesterday)

Back

Deadlifts

405X5
    405X5
    405X5
    405X5
    405X5

Straight Leg Dead Lift

230X10

BB Rows

230X8
    230X8
    230X8
    230X8
    230X8

Cable Pull Down

175X10
    175X10
    175X10
    175X10
    175X10

(I would increase the weight but I have a home gym and thats all the weight that can fit)

I usually never do biceps then back with only one day of rest in between to avoid over training but I wanted to get it over with.

1 Hour 28 Minutes

7-11 (I turned 25 years old today) Legs

Squats

225X5
    325X8
    405X2
    365X3
    365X2
    345X5
    345X3

Front Squat

300X5

45 Minutes.

Horrible workout. I never settle for anything under 20 working sets. For some reason my set/rep/weight scheme declined from the last session which was last week and I lost motivation and got pissed off so i gave up and quit. usually this doesn't happen, I have a home gym, anyone who lives in ca on the south side knows it was 105 degrees today I don't know if that had any effect but i was so hot and sweaty and angry that i gave up, which is unacceptable. I'll hit squats again sometime this week.

I found some pics also, I said I was going to post them when I get to it thing is i don't know how, I don't see an option in the reply box for pics, how do you post pics on here ? Also I'll post videos of my dead-squat-bench-power-clean max but I don't know how, any help is much appreciated.

BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know this thread is old as hell, but I saw your recent post in the nutrition section. I do agree with you that genetics play a considerable factor in determining ones body composition and strength. my post workout meals usually consist of cranberry pecan pie; I've long since replaced my daily whey protein shake with whiskey and coke. I'd really like to see you hit the gym consistently, and if you reply to this post I'll bug the sh't out of you incessantly to motivate you. I'd like to see you maximize your potential

by the way, you need 30 or 50 forum posts before you can put images up. it's to block spammers. once you have your posts use this format:
    [ img ](url)[ /img ]
    Last edited by BipolarBrah; 01-20-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    PhD Candidate, Genetics.
    Practitioner of Stoic philosophy.
    Hope to FI/RE (Financial Independence / Retire Early) by 2030.

I am the master of my fate;
    I am the captain of my soul.

Gyno Surgery Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165978531

Originally Posted by BipolarBrah View Post
    I know this thread is old as hell, but I saw your recent post in the nutrition section. I do agree with you that genetics play a considerable factor in determining ones body composition and strength. my post workout meals usually consist of cranberry pecan pie; I've long since replaced my daily whey protein shake with whiskey and coke. I'd really like to see you hit the gym consistently, and if you reply to this post I'll bug the sh't out of you incessantly to motivate you. I'd like to see you maximize your potential

by the way, you need 30 or 50 forum posts before you can put images up. it's to block spammers. once you have your posts use this format:
    [ img ](url)[ /img ]
    haha.

Much appreciated.

I forgot about this thread but Ive still been in the gym putting in work pretty much on a daily basis trying to stay consistent and disciplined. lol @ the pecan pie, **** is bomb. Thanks for hitting me up though, I'll get back on this log and try to stay persistent with it. And glad to hear that you agree with my comments about nutrition in the other thread. I rarely post on here, but I saw that thread and couldn't help but to speak on that subject. If you have workout log on here hit me up and let me know, cuzz I will sub to that. Glad to have you around.

Jan 20
    Legs

Squats

325X8
    345X5
    365X5
    405X5
    425X2

Front Squats:

325X6

Leg Extensions (Single Leg)

150X10
    150X10
    150X10
    150X10
    150X10

Calve Raises:

320X15
    320X15
    320X15
    320X15
    320X15

Hamstring Curls

100X10
    100X10
    100X10
    100X10
    100X10

(random calve work, wont even bother recording because the weight is so light)

Workout took about an hour and a half, I try and keep my workouts simple. So far it's worked for me, my compound lifts increase on a weekly basis, even during my cut, so I figure why switch it up if it works. Dropped 20 pounds so far as of today I'm @ 210LBS. Plan on getting down to 200 flat out. Ten more pounds to go. At this rate I should be @ 200LBS in about 5 weeks.

bipolar brah were you serious about the pecan pie ? That **** is bomb and all but dang dude, you look pretty swole in the avatar. Probably about 12-11% BF ? I figured you fallowed some strict protocol. Though I disagree with most of BS spread around this forum about nutrition, I do believe that post-workout nutrition is the most important. I try and get at least 50-60 grams of protein post workout, and another 40-50 grams before I end the night. Preferably from whole foods. But I think this hype about 40000+ grams of protein per pound is pure garbage perpetuated by the bodybuilding industry.