Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    I've just pulled a trigger on Inzer from the House of Pain (they ship faster and apparently have better CS than Inzer direct). After scrutinizing pictures of both, Inzer seems to have a slight edge in the stitching quality, but I could be imagining things.
    Ninja edit: good choice
    Last edited by GarageIron; 11-03-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just a quick question, so as not to bother Dean with it (not quite ready to buy one)..

Does anyone know if Best Belts will let you customize the stitching color?
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BloodType3R View Post
    Just a quick question, so as not to bother Dean with it (not quite ready to buy one)..

Does anyone know if Best Belts will let you customize the stitching color?
    That's a good question, I don't know if I've ever seen a different thread color, so he might not even have one. It's a two person business, just himself making the belts and his wife doing the billing and internet end of it. I'm fairly sure that the business is run out of his house, so if the price is right for him to order and swap out the thread, he might just do it.

It's funny, because he had requests for 3" wide belts and wouldn't make them. When Mark Rippetoe asked him why, he said that he didn't have 3" buckles, and would only use one kind which needed to be ordered in a fairly large number. Rip guaranteed that they would sell, and offered to buy them for him and now they have 3" belts on their list. I don't know if a deal was ever struck between him and Rip. Dean will do what he can.
    Last edited by twodog; 11-04-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

I've just pulled a trigger on Inzer from the House of Pain (they ship faster and apparently have better CS than Inzer direct). After scrutinizing pictures of both, Inzer seems to have a slight edge in the stitching quality, but I could be imagining things.
    Just received my Inzer Forever Single Prong 10mm belt from House of Pain. Ordered on Saturday, received Thursday, 4 business days, not bad.
    The quality is shockingly good, all the stitching is the same size, arrow straight, belt is one piece thick not layered leather; suede, buckle, rivets all top notch material and craftsmanship is impeccable. I have two APT belts and they look very, very pale in comparison. The thing is quite stiff though, some breaking in is in order, not sure how people deal with 13mm version. =8O

Break in procedure
    Virgin Belt Users

EDIT: Update on stiffness, after 15 minutes of back and forth rolling and stomping on the belt it got quite pliable and easy to get in and out, much more comfortable too.
    Last edited by Andrew_WOT; 11-09-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Update

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    not sure how people deal with 13mm version.
    I'm not sure that anyone really trains with a 13mm belt, I think they are used for competition. When talking to Dean (just because I could and he was available, unlike others) he explained that the 13mm belts are near impossible to break in and recommends them only for competition use, he said most of his orders for 13mm belts come from people that train with 10mm belts regularly.

I bough the Best Athlete which is pre broken in, no reason to roll and stomp on the belt.
    Last edited by twodog; 11-09-2012 at 06:51 AM.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    I bough the Best Athlete which is pre broken in, no reason to roll and stomp on the belt.
    That is certainly an advantage of pre broken belts from Best Belts, but if you know how to do it right, it just takes 15-20 minutes to get unbroken one to the same condition.

That is certainly an advantage of pre broken belts from Best Belts, but if you know how to do it right, it just takes 15-20 minutes to get unbroken one to the same condition.
    Why spend the time or money though ? When you can have a belt custon fitted to your specs, and the color of your choice, custom made by the a man that has been in the business making them for over 30 years and will have an in depth conversation with you about your needs, all for $14 less than you paid. The only logical reason to buy an Inzer is for the lever, if that floats your boat.

Why spend the time or money though ? When you can have a belt custon fitted to your specs, and the color of your choice, custom made by the a man that has been in the business making them for over 30 years and will have an in depth conversation with you about your needs, all for $14 less than you paid. The only logical reason to buy an Inzer is for the lever, if that floats your boat.
    They are both good, this is not a competition, I just liked Inzer slightly better. Is one allowed to have own point of view here?

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is one allowed to have own point of view here?
    NO! Its Forbidden!

Get in Line, or get out!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    NO! Its Forbidden!

Get in Line, or get out!
    I approve this message But seriously why buy the Inzer, what point was to be made ?

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I approve this message But seriously why buy the Inzer, what point was to be made ?
    Bestbelts FTW. Seriously, custom color and fit built upon order, can't go wrong. I think the lever is sort of gimmicky(no offense Andrew).. Its nice but two much of a hassle for a quick change.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

â—‹---â—‹ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] â—‹---â—‹
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    Bestbelts FTW. Seriously, custom color and fit built upon order, can't go wrong. I think the lever is sort of gimmicky(no offense Andrew).. Its nice but two much of a hassle for a quick change.
    No offense taken esp. considering that I got a good ole single prong belt.
    Just received my Inzer Forever Single Prong 10mm belt from House of Pain. Ordered on Saturday, received Thursday, 4 business days, not bad.
    I didn't need fancy colors (which are also available from Inzer) or any other custom bells and whistles and from the info I collected Inzer seems to have a slight edge in the build quality, and even if it was exactly the same I'd still prefer to have a commercially build product from the long established company than from a single man operation shop.
    Again, no offense to all best belts owners, I am sure Dean makes sweet belts.

The only con of ordering from Inzer is somewhat slow shipping which is not an issue when getting through House of Pain.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion so let's just leave it at that.
    Happy lifting everyone, with whatever belt you have. LOL

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)

I didn't need fancy colors (which are also available from Inzer) or any other custom bells and whistles and from the info I collected Inzer seems to have a slight edge in the build quality, and even if it was exactly the same I'd still prefer to have a commercially build product from the long established company than from a single man operation shop.

The only con of ordering from Inzer is somewhat slow shipping which is not an issue when getting through House of Pain.

Some people get a suit from a tailer and others go to Walmart.

I think you made the same choice when comparing the "one man shop" Capp's Texas Power Bar vs the Westside Power Bar. You went commercial there and within a week Westside bars dissappeared due ti knurl problems. You still can't buy one. How's that purchase going?

I haven't received my belt yet but am confident based on reviews here that it will be exactly what I paid for.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 11-10-2012 at 05:31 AM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

my belt is stronger though, it's brought my rack curling to a whole new level..
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

â—‹---â—‹ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] â—‹---â—‹
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The package finally arrived! Ordered my Inzer lever 10mm black belt from w w w . powersportz.de (cheap-looking german website, but with an amazing customer service - although they are excessively quiet after you send the money, probably because contrary to other websites, they don't have all the electronic "follow you order" kind of service, which makes you kind of uncomfortable, but if you have any questions regarding your order, they'll answer them 24/7, that's for sure !). Anyway, it arrived, and I'm thrilled !

Mmmh it seems like I need my post count to be 50 or greater to post a pic on the bb forum, which I'm far from (16 posts so far). So, here are the links to the pics

hpics.li/db83858
    hpics.li/51a2065

>Insert random hardcore sentence<

Nice belt, it'll work for you.
    Last edited by twodog; 12-11-2012 at 08:37 AM.