Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    jpettit08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Been Doing starting strength for about 4 months now and wanted something more, Diet is in check and my suppliment stack is all in order!

I have to say Day 1 of Hrt was insane! It was extemely humbling to see how little weight created such a burn and such a great feeling in the muscle! Ill be back for day 2 3 & 4 and for the next 11 weeks!

Making a change!
    Current Weight 169 and 15% Bf

Lets Make it happen!
    See you in 12 weeks yall!

Thanks Rage!

kennster22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Strongly agree! I just started this week and I can say HRT is a very humbling experience!

Was barely able to lift 60% of the normal weights I use, but still made me swell and experience DOMS like never before, it was a great experience.

The initial 8 reps were ok but it's all about the negative reps, they're the game changer. Think of it as a pleasant torture.

I'm really having a hard time completing the 6 negative reps though, but not because of the weights but more so due to lactic acid build up.

Any tips aside from decreasing the weights? (already tried it and it's still the same for the negatives).

More power Rage and thanks for sharing this heck of a program!

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kennster22 View Post
    Strongly agree! I just started this week and I can say HRT is a very humbling experience!

Was barely able to lift 60% of the normal weights I use, but still made me swell and experience DOMS like never before, it was a great experience.

The initial 8 reps were ok but it's all about the negative reps, they're the game changer. Think of it as a pleasant torture.

I'm really having a hard time completing the 6 negative reps though, but not because of the weights but more so due to lactic acid build up.

Any tips aside from decreasing the weights? (already tried it and it's still the same for the negatives).

More power Rage and thanks for sharing this heck of a program!
    Right on brother. Thanks for giving it an honest effort. Initially, yes, just keep lowering the weights until you find the right weight that you can finish with and move up from there. Lifting light is ok, especially in the beginning. Keep us posted.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

http://www.********.com/tom.r.fuller.5

Instagram Handle: ragingmuscle

hghnaim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Highway to hell starting today...question. .is it 4 days workout ?

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hghnaim View Post
    Highway to hell starting today...question. .is it 4 days workout ?
    Indeed. Here's where you can find the details of the split;

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hellraiser-solo.html
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Registered User PerfectCreature's Avatar
    PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just started this week. PLan on doing this program on a cut. Can't wait to see what the results are after the 12 weeks.
    Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
    -Og Mandino

NomadNaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 Quick questions Rage, Great program btw can't wait to get started. So is your 1RM changing every week because you're getting stronger and bigger, so you need to continuously change the 60-80% each week to keep muscles challenged? Also the injury prevention with the cardio, stretching, and massage is that only on day 3 on injury prevention day or every off day for a total of 3 injury prevention days?

SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm soon going to end my cut, do you recommend this program for my leangains bulk? If so, what's the minimum calorie surplus you recommend?

whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000)
    This week I´m gonna finish my current workout killing some legs and I´m gonna start this program next week. Been doing Dorian´s blood and guts for about two months and I think it´s time for a change.

I really like the way the program is presented, and can´t wait to start my journey!!

Quick question: I have a complicated schedule due to work reasons. There´s always one day per week (Tuesday or Thursday, week in week out) on which I can´t go to the gym. This way, my split must be something like this:

MON - Shoulders, Biceps and Forearms
    TUE – Rest
    WED – Quads and Hams
    THU – Pecs and Tris
    FRI - Back, Traps, Rear Delts and Calves
    SAT – Rest
    SUN – Rest

And then the next week:

TUE - Quads and Hams
    WED - Pecs and Tris
    THU - Rest
    SAT – Rest
    SUN – Rest

and on and on

How do you see this split? Should I switch something? I can go to the gym on Saturdays too, so don´t know if maybe there is a better split for my situation.

Can´t wait for next Monday! Here I go!

Ps: sorry for my English, it´s not my first language

Thank you!!

Frazie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Starting this tomorrow! Super pumped.

Originally Posted by PerfectCreature View Post
    Just started this week. PLan on doing this program on a cut. Can't wait to see what the results are after the 12 weeks.
    Awesome. Keep us posted.

Originally Posted by NomadNaws View Post
    2 Quick questions Rage, Great program btw can't wait to get started. So is your 1RM changing every week because you're getting stronger and bigger, so you need to continuously change the 60-80% each week to keep muscles challenged? Also the injury prevention with the cardio, stretching, and massage is that only on day 3 on injury prevention day or every off day for a total of 3 injury prevention days?
    Good questions brother. Yes when it comes to increasing the weights. While 60-80% is a general guide, you want to basically be using a weight that you can comfortably finish the first 8 reps heading into the next 6 negs. And that weight will go up as your body makes progress. The cardio would be on the 3 off days, the massage would be once a week or once every couple weeks, but the stretching would be after each particular body part is trained.

Originally Posted by SolorzanoJose View Post
    I'm soon going to end my cut, do you recommend this program for my leangains bulk? If so, what's the minimum calorie surplus you recommend?
    HRT is ideal for a bulking cycle and can also be used as a cut. For bulking, I recommend starting with 1.5 grams of protein per lb of lean body weight, 2 grams on carbs and 1/4 gram for fat. THen adjust accordingly every two weeks according to what changes you are seeing in the mirror. I suggest making the percentage of changes equally across all three macros.

Originally Posted by whiskeyjackie View Post
    This week I´m gonna finish my current workout killing some legs and I´m gonna start this program next week. Been doing Dorian´s blood and guts for about two months and I think it´s time for a change.

I really like the way the program is presented, and can´t wait to start my journey!!

Quick question: I have a complicated schedule due to work reasons. There´s always one day per week (Tuesday or Thursday, week in week out) on which I can´t go to the gym. This way, my split must be something like this:

TUE – Rest
    WED – Quads and Hams
    THU – Pecs and Tris
    SAT – Rest
    SUN – Rest

And then the next week:

TUE - Quads and Hams
    WED - Pecs and Tris
    THU - Rest
    SAT – Rest
    SUN – Rest

and on and on

How do you see this split? Should I switch something? I can go to the gym on Saturdays too, so don´t know if maybe there is a better split for my situation.

Can´t wait for next Monday! Here I go!

Ps: sorry for my English, it´s not my first language

Thank you!!
    Best of luck to you brother. On the weeks when you're off on Tuesdays, move the back day to Saturday since you mentioned that was an option. The reason for this is so that you can put a bit more space in between Quads and Back training days since you're almost always incorporating some hamstring use on Back days. Not to mention they are two of the toughest training days of the week.

Originally Posted by Frazie View Post
    Starting this tomorrow! Super pumped.
    Right on. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

AuxiliaryPie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Almost through with week 1 and loving it. I did about a year of a 4-day split (back,chest,legs,shoulder) and decided it was time to change it up. My advice to beginners on this, you REALLY need to leave the ego at home. I would say I am pretty good about that, but it still messes with your head doing such lighter weight than you are used to. Again this is only week one for me so I'd take that with a grain of salt.

I do not have access to a hack squat machine, can I sub regular squats and stiff leg deadlifts in for them on leg day or something else on leg day?

Thanks for putting this all together by the way, I really enjoy this style of lifting!

Kroat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kroat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kroat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kroat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kroat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kroat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kroat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kroat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kroat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kroat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kroat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Starting HRT tomorrow on a cut. After sticking to PHAT for a year and getting bored every single workout I decided to mix things up a bit, hopefully HRT drives me into the ground. Cannot wait to see the results in 12 weeks.

I also just wanted to say thank you for the time and effort you have put into this thread ragingmuscle all my questions about HRT have been answered with a few pages of light reading
    |Australian Army Veteran|
    Always rep fellow military brahs

MMA Fighter
    Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night all day crew

*100% Croatian*
    "He pretends to be a duck, but he's not. He's a ****ing scam artist!" - Jason Genova

sanjaybhavnani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is this day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    & day 4

Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
    Almost through with week 1 and loving it. I did about a year of a 4-day split (back,chest,legs,shoulder) and decided it was time to change it up. My advice to beginners on this, you REALLY need to leave the ego at home. I would say I am pretty good about that, but it still messes with your head doing such lighter weight than you are used to. Again this is only week one for me so I'd take that with a grain of salt.

I do not have access to a hack squat machine, can I sub regular squats and stiff leg deadlifts in for them on leg day or something else on leg day?

Thanks for putting this all together by the way, I really enjoy this style of lifting!
    Humbling it is. You can do the two exercises you mentioned and you can also use a Smith Machine if that's available. You're welcome!

Originally Posted by Kroat View Post
    Starting HRT tomorrow on a cut. After sticking to PHAT for a year and getting bored every single workout I decided to mix things up a bit, hopefully HRT drives me into the ground. Cannot wait to see the results in 12 weeks.

I also just wanted to say thank you for the time and effort you have put into this thread ragingmuscle all my questions about HRT have been answered with a few pages of light reading
    Anytime!

Originally Posted by sanjaybhavnani View Post
    Is this day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    & day 4
    Day 1 Shoulders, Biceps and Forearms
    Day 2 Quads and Hams
    Day 3 Off
    Day 4 Chest and Triceps
    Day 5 Back, Rear Delts, Traps and Calves
    Day 6 Off
    Day 7 Off
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

AuxiliaryPie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just started week 4, I'm in love with this program. Starting to see a difference in my shoulders/bis/tris/chest region. Calves are looking better too. Ive been consistently sore (in a great way) after each session, thanks again Rage! I'll be sticking through the 12 weeks for sure

Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
    Just started week 4, I'm in love with this program. Starting to see a difference in my shoulders/bis/tris/chest region. Calves are looking better too. Ive been consistently sore (in a great way) after each session, thanks again Rage! I'll be sticking through the 12 weeks for sure
    Awesome. Keep it up.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

ArcaneTSGK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneTSGK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneTSGK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    4 week check in.

Using this for a cut.

So far I have lost a little over 6KG (13lbs), Most of which dissipated in the first 2 weeks (excess water and is to be expected on a new training program and diet). Week 4 saw a drop of 2lbs compared to dropping about 5 in the first week. From what I can tell i'm maintaining my lean mass very well at this point.

Starting Weight at Week 1: 92KG (202 lbs)
    Starting Weight at Week 5: 85.7KG (188 lbs)

Nutrition Consumed each day (Approx)
    1800-2100 Calories
    200-250g Protein (From Eggs, Chicken, Lean Beef, Protein Supplements)
    100-150g Carbs (From Honey, Milkshake, and Rolled Oats)
    50-80g Fats (From the above)

When i get to the end of week 6, going to be changing the calories to 1800-2000, carbs to 100g, fats will remain about the same but a bit lower. My aim is to get to about 180lbs and go from 20% BF to about 15%BF by the end of the 12 weeks. If i manage to get lower than 15% then that's a bonus.

Jessiesgal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Women allowed in hell???

So I see a bunch of guys commenting but not many gals! So I will "grow a pair" briefly and ask if you think this is something good for women to do as well. I'm new to the gym.....coming from CrossFit. Loved CrossFit but entirely too expensive when I can do a lot of the same stuff at a gym and pay over $100 less a month. I know a lot of exercises to do....but just simply don't have a plan and I know that going into this without a plan is just a terrible recipe for failure. Looking for some direction! Thanks!!

Harry0786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hi

I m doing gym from 6 to 7 month but I think I m not getting good result
    Can u help what I need to do .

Originally Posted by ArcaneTSGK View Post
    4 week check in.

Using this for a cut.

So far I have lost a little over 6KG (13lbs), Most of which dissipated in the first 2 weeks (excess water and is to be expected on a new training program and diet). Week 4 saw a drop of 2lbs compared to dropping about 5 in the first week. From what I can tell i'm maintaining my lean mass very well at this point.

Starting Weight at Week 1: 92KG (202 lbs)
    Starting Weight at Week 5: 85.7KG (188 lbs)

Nutrition Consumed each day (Approx)
    1800-2100 Calories
    200-250g Protein (From Eggs, Chicken, Lean Beef, Protein Supplements)
    100-150g Carbs (From Honey, Milkshake, and Rolled Oats)
    50-80g Fats (From the above)

When i get to the end of week 6, going to be changing the calories to 1800-2000, carbs to 100g, fats will remain about the same but a bit lower. My aim is to get to about 180lbs and go from 20% BF to about 15%BF by the end of the 12 weeks. If i manage to get lower than 15% then that's a bonus.
    Great work. Keep those carbs mostly mid-range glycemic as much as you can. It will help keep your energy level up. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Originally Posted by Jessiesgal View Post
    So I see a bunch of guys commenting but not many gals! So I will "grow a pair" briefly and ask if you think this is something good for women to do as well. I'm new to the gym.....coming from CrossFit. Loved CrossFit but entirely too expensive when I can do a lot of the same stuff at a gym and pay over $100 less a month. I know a lot of exercises to do....but just simply don't have a plan and I know that going into this without a plan is just a terrible recipe for failure. Looking for some direction! Thanks!!
    Absolutely great for men or women. In fact, I trained 2 women who were willing to step up to the gates just this past week at Bodybuilding.com headquarters and they both killed it. I ran 10 total employees through a session of Highway To Hell and they loved it. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with and best of luck!

Originally Posted by Harry0786 View Post
    I m doing gym from 6 to 7 month but I think I m not getting good result
    Can u help what I need to do .
    Are you trying to gain or cut?
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

mkonukoglu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi,
    -first of all sorry for my bad english-
    my weight is 167 lbs with body fat %13 and my height is 5'11".

1.5 year ago, i've lost 40 pounds with doing no exercises just eating less. and it's caused me lots of loose skin and loss in muscle mass.
    i've been going to gym for 1 year, i'm kind of familiar with bodybuilding and fitness stuff. i've been doing kris gethin 12 week for the 6 weeks but i'm not getting what i want from the program. i was looking for something new and something that i can adjust my life better. yesterday i found this hell raiser training, and read posts about it for couple of hours. i decided to start this on monday.

my aim is to lose fat and fix my loose skin, and get stronger. i will use this program for cut.
    i have 2 question;
    while following this program what should be my macros? how many proteins,carbs and fats should i eat in order to lose fat not muscle?
    how many times a week should i do cardio? for how many minutes.

thanks, i hope you can answer.

ArcaneTSGK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneTSGK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneTSGK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Almost Half Way, will be posting a larger update in the new year after Christmas has been and gone. Thankfully my Gym is open 24/7 so won't be missing out any training during the festive period!

Just a small update, I have been combining both HRT Solo and HRT with a partner in single workouts. For example, on chest day, I will usually do 60-70% of my 1RM using the Solo HRT 8+6 method, and then the 8+4 method when doing 80% of my 1RM. I don't have a training partner but there are always personal trainers in the gym, who are usually willing to spot for a few sets, and as personal trainers quickly understand and successfully apply the hellcentrics correctly.

I feel that my muscles have benefited from combining the 2 in the same workout, compared to when I was just doing Solo HRT. The 6 negative reps using gravity is killer, especially as you have to lift the weight back up entirely by yourself, having the partner on the 8+4 allows me to focus on resisting on the negative with the knowledge that at the end of it, someone is helping it back to the top, which has allowed me to go heavier.

Example chest workout:

Decline Bench: 3x Warmup sets (40KG, 50KG, 60KG)
    Working Set #1: Solo HRT 8+6 (70KG)
    Working Set #2: Standard HRT 8+4 (85KG)

Flat Bench: 2x Warmup sets (50KG, 60KG)
    Working Set #1: Solo HRT (70KG)
    Working Set #2: Standard HRT 8+4 (80KG)

Incline Bench: 1x Warmup set (50KG)
    Working Set #1: Solo HRT (50KG)
    Working Set #2: Standard HRT 8+4 (60KG)

My incline really suffers at the moment as you can see by the above weights

I then do the Triceps using only Solo HRT

Skullcrushers: Warmup sets (10KG, 15KG)
    Working Set #1: 8+6 20KG
    Working Set #2: 8+6 20KG

Dumbell Extension:
    Working Set #2: 8+6 24KG

By the end of the workout my triceps are wasted, I can't do a f!ing pressup.

As i'm using this for a cut, for the past few weeks my lifts have stayed about the same, although I was lifting heavier on the Triceps at the start of this plan, only a 2KG drop, which considering my weight has gone from 92KG to 84KG in 6 weeks, I am not surprised that some of my routines have lost strength. Have gone from consuming 180g protein to 230-250g protein however, and since introducing extra BCAAs in tablet form, alot of my lifts are actually getting better.

At the start of HRT, my rear delt (8+6) I could barely complete with 4KG dumbells, this has increased to doing a stable lift 8+6 with 6KG dumbells. Before HRT, I had never done a focused delt excercise. On shoulders, the side raises have gone from 6KG to 8KG dumbells, and my Squat 8+6 has gone from 100KG (80%) to 120KG which is what I would call my new 80%.

Bench press has increased slightly on the decline and flat, but incline seems to suffer.

As I said earlier, I'll post a full split, full nutrition diary, progress pics and thoughts on the program when I have everything together after my 6 week mark.

Hopefully i'll be able to get an accurate BF% by then too. Hoping during phase 2 (final 6 weeks) I can get some video logs aswell, but as I go it alone most of the time, this may prove difficult.

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This plan is very interesting to me. I have been on and off with lifting and trying to lose weight over the past few years. I recently started back at it after finding out about a food allergy that has been giving me migraines and other issues. I am looking to lose quite a bit of weight and know that it takes time. I started doing All Pro's SBR and then ran across this plan. Being that I have done SBR before, I am thinking that this routine may be a better place to start now. Not asking anyone to put down SBR at all but am wondering if this plan would be better suited for my goal. I am hoping to drop about 60 pounds in the next year. I would be ok with losing 40 pounds and putting on some muscle also. Fitness and looking fit is my goal. I lift alone in my garage. The biggest plus that I see to this as compared to SBR is the variety. The SBR, while effective, gets boring pretty quickly. Thoughts? Thanks for any input.

Just FYI, I am considering this plan to use for the Transformation Challenge. I am taking the challenge for the motivation more than for the prize. Thanks again for any feedback.
    Last edited by ottawatim; 12-21-2013 at 10:42 AM.

spenc061 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not too sure if its just me or if I am used to a different lifting style, Haven't done negatives honestly in about.. 3 years or so back in highschool, but as I am doing the program at the time I can feel an alright pump and my muscles do fatigue and I start failing on the last set of negatives.. Is only doing the 2x8/6neg the only way to go about it or would it be alright to increase the number of sets.. Granted I just started and just finished with my chest day (which demolished me)..

Ps... The whole leaving your ego at the door is no joke.. Usually don't mess around with just 45's on the bar for bench but had to today!

Originally Posted by mkonukoglu View Post
    hi,
    -first of all sorry for my bad english-
    my weight is 167 lbs with body fat %13 and my height is 5'11".

1.5 year ago, i've lost 40 pounds with doing no exercises just eating less. and it's caused me lots of loose skin and loss in muscle mass.
    i've been going to gym for 1 year, i'm kind of familiar with bodybuilding and fitness stuff. i've been doing kris gethin 12 week for the 6 weeks but i'm not getting what i want from the program. i was looking for something new and something that i can adjust my life better. yesterday i found this hell raiser training, and read posts about it for couple of hours. i decided to start this on monday.

my aim is to lose fat and fix my loose skin, and get stronger. i will use this program for cut.
    i have 2 question;
    while following this program what should be my macros? how many proteins,carbs and fats should i eat in order to lose fat not muscle?
    how many times a week should i do cardio? for how many minutes.

thanks, i hope you can answer.
    Sounds like you could use some extra mass on that frame, but without seeing pics it's difficult to say exactly. So if you could send me a couple pics that would be helpful but in the meantime, put your carbs at 2 grams, protein at 1.5 grams and fat at 1/4 gram per pound of body weight. After I review your pics I can adjust those numbers from there.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Originally Posted by ArcaneTSGK View Post
    Almost Half Way, will be posting a larger update in the new year after Christmas has been and gone. Thankfully my Gym is open 24/7 so won't be missing out any training during the festive period!

Just a small update, I have been combining both HRT Solo and HRT with a partner in single workouts. For example, on chest day, I will usually do 60-70% of my 1RM using the Solo HRT 8+6 method, and then the 8+4 method when doing 80% of my 1RM. I don't have a training partner but there are always personal trainers in the gym, who are usually willing to spot for a few sets, and as personal trainers quickly understand and successfully apply the hellcentrics correctly.

I feel that my muscles have benefited from combining the 2 in the same workout, compared to when I was just doing Solo HRT. The 6 negative reps using gravity is killer, especially as you have to lift the weight back up entirely by yourself, having the partner on the 8+4 allows me to focus on resisting on the negative with the knowledge that at the end of it, someone is helping it back to the top, which has allowed me to go heavier.

Example chest workout:

Decline Bench: 3x Warmup sets (40KG, 50KG, 60KG)
    Working Set #1: Solo HRT 8+6 (70KG)
    Working Set #2: Standard HRT 8+4 (85KG)

Flat Bench: 2x Warmup sets (50KG, 60KG)
    Working Set #1: Solo HRT (70KG)
    Working Set #2: Standard HRT 8+4 (80KG)

Incline Bench: 1x Warmup set (50KG)
    Working Set #1: Solo HRT (50KG)
    Working Set #2: Standard HRT 8+4 (60KG)

My incline really suffers at the moment as you can see by the above weights

I then do the Triceps using only Solo HRT

Skullcrushers: Warmup sets (10KG, 15KG)

Dumbell Extension:
    Working Set #2: 8+6 24KG

By the end of the workout my triceps are wasted, I can't do a f!ing pressup.

As i'm using this for a cut, for the past few weeks my lifts have stayed about the same, although I was lifting heavier on the Triceps at the start of this plan, only a 2KG drop, which considering my weight has gone from 92KG to 84KG in 6 weeks, I am not surprised that some of my routines have lost strength. Have gone from consuming 180g protein to 230-250g protein however, and since introducing extra BCAAs in tablet form, alot of my lifts are actually getting better.

At the start of HRT, my rear delt (8+6) I could barely complete with 4KG dumbells, this has increased to doing a stable lift 8+6 with 6KG dumbells. Before HRT, I had never done a focused delt excercise. On shoulders, the side raises have gone from 6KG to 8KG dumbells, and my Squat 8+6 has gone from 100KG (80%) to 120KG which is what I would call my new 80%.

Bench press has increased slightly on the decline and flat, but incline seems to suffer.

As I said earlier, I'll post a full split, full nutrition diary, progress pics and thoughts on the program when I have everything together after my 6 week mark.

Hopefully i'll be able to get an accurate BF% by then too. Hoping during phase 2 (final 6 weeks) I can get some video logs aswell, but as I go it alone most of the time, this may prove difficult.
    You're doing great brother. It's good to hear you're mixing the two styles together. Don't worry about that incline. By the time you get there, the pecs are pretty wasted anyways. Keep me posted and keep up the great work.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Originally Posted by spenc061 View Post
    Not too sure if its just me or if I am used to a different lifting style, Haven't done negatives honestly in about.. 3 years or so back in highschool, but as I am doing the program at the time I can feel an alright pump and my muscles do fatigue and I start failing on the last set of negatives.. Is only doing the 2x8/6neg the only way to go about it or would it be alright to increase the number of sets.. Granted I just started and just finished with my chest day (which demolished me)..

Ps... The whole leaving your ego at the door is no joke.. Usually don't mess around with just 45's on the bar for bench but had to today!
    HRT is a low volume high intensity training style, but if you feel you can add more sets and still be fully recovered in one weeks time then go for it!
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First of all.......Merry Christmas everyone. Hope everyone has lots of fun and enjoy time with your families.

Now, I have a question about session 2. I work out in my garage and don't have the machines for the exercises listed. For quads, I tried back squats, front squats, and would have done barbell lunges if I had time. Then I did SLDLs and hamstring dumbbell curls. Are these good substitutes? I am not sure I could have done the lunges if I had time. What are others doing without the machines? Or do I just suck it up and do what I listed? Thanks.

Half Way through Hell.

6 Weeks completed. I'll be posting bitesize updates every day this week with the progress pics at the end of the week.

Goal: Cut to 15% BF whilst maintaining as much lean muscle as possible
    Target Weight: 81KG (180lbs)
    Starting Weight: 92KG
    Starting BF%: ~25%

Day #1 Measurements
    Chest: 41.5"
    Right Arm: 16.1"
    Left Arm: 15.9"
    Thighs: 24.5"
    Waist: 36"
    Height: 5ft 9"

Current Weight: 83KG (183lbs)
    Current BF%: TBC
    Current Measurements: TBC

Nutrition:

Daily Intake:
    Meal #1: 3 Egg White / 3 Whole Egg, 1 Cup Oats, 2 Tsp Honey or a 1/2 Grapefruit
    Mid Morning: Walnuts or Peanut Butter on wheat bread or Greek Yogurt
    Meal #2: Topside Beef or Tuna or Chicken Breast
    Mid Afternoon:
    Meal #3: Same as Meal #2 but for further variety Sirloin Steak and Lean Mince are added (Always include veggies or salad with Meal #3 such consisting mainly of greens like broccoli, lettuce, green pepper, green beans etc...)
    Late Evening: Greek Yogurt or Cottage Cheese

The above is just a guideline of some of the food items I eat on a daily basis. The days are split up into 3 categories. The Protein and Fat ranges remain the same (1.5x bodyweight for Protein and 0.5 for Fat) but Carbs range from 1x to 0.5 depending on the day, similar to a plan set out by Jim Stoppani in Shortcut to Shred.

5 days of the week consist of 270g Protein, 60-80g Fat and 80-100g Carbs (Approx 1800-1900 calories)
    1 day consists of 275g protein, 60g fat and 150g carbs (Approx 2100 calories)
    1 day consists of 275g protein, 50g fat and 200g carbs (Approx 2400 calories) This day includes a cheat meal.

Supplements:
    Maximuscle Thermobol (Contains Green Tea Extract and Caffeine aswell as other active ingredients that aid fat loss, boost metabolism and increase energy) Taken when I wake up, 1 hour pre workout and post workout (about 3 hour intervals between each, taking the last one no later than 3PM due to the Caffeine)
    Maximuscle Promax Whey (23g Protein per 30g Scoop) Taken with breakfast (1 scoop), Pre and Post workout (1/2 scoop each), and before bed (1 scoop)
    Casein Protein (24g Per 32g Scoop) Taken pre and post workout (1/2 scoop each), and before bed (1 scoop).
    BCAA's 6 tablets spread throughout the day (usually breakfast, post workout and evening)
    Creatine
    L-Carnatine
    Cod Liver Oil
    Multivitamins A-Z

Day # 43

All warmup sets consist of 10 reps
    Arms and Shoulders:

Smith Machine Shoulder Press:
    Warmup Sets: 40KG | 50KG | 60KG
    Working Set #1: 8+6 Solo 70KG
    Working Set #2: 8+4 Hellcentric 80KG

Dumbbell Side Raise
    Warmup Sets: 3KG | 5KG
    Working Set #1: 8+6 Solo 6KG
    Working Set #2: 8+6 Solo 8KG

Barbell Front Raise:
    Warmup Sets: 10KG | 12.5KG
    Working Set #1: 8+6 Solo 15KG
    Working Set #2: 8+6 Solo 15KG

Barbell Bicep Curl
    Warmup Sets: 20KG | 25KG
    Working Set #1: 8+6 Solo 30KG
    Working Set #2: 8+4 Hellcentric 35KG

Reverse Barbell Bicep Curl
    Warmup Set: 15KG
    Working Set #1: 8+6 Solo 20KG
    Working Set #2: 8+4 Hellcentric 25KG

Reverse Wrist Curl
    Warmup Set: 10KG
    Working Set #1: 8+6 Solo 10KG
    Working Set #2: 8+6 Solo 12.5KG

Wrist Curl
    Warmup Set: 15KG
    Working Set #1: 8+6 Solo 20KG
    Working Set #2: 8+6 Solo 20KG

Tomorrow i'll post leg day and continue throughout this week with what I'm currently lifting. If you are interested, my day #1 lifts are below which were all using the Solo method:

Seated Barbell Shoulder Press (Changed to the smith machine which you see in the above about week 4)
    Warmup Set: 10KG | 12.5KG
    Working Set #2: 8+6 30KG

Dumbbell Side Raise
    Warmup Set: 2.5KG | 2.5KG
    Working Set #1: 8+6 4KG
    Working Set #2: 8+6 5KG

Front Raise
    Working Set #1: 8+6 10KG
    Working Set #2: 8+6 10KG

Barbell Bicep Curl
    Warmup Set: 20KG | 20KG
    Working Set #1: 8+6 27.5KG
    Working Set #2: 8+6: 32.5KG

Reverse Barbell Bicep Curl
    Warmup Set: 10KG | 10KG
    Working Set #1: 8+6 15KG

Reverse Wrist Curl
    Unable to complete (10KG lowest barbell weight, was able to do about 4 normal reps before failure, would then do another 4 and stop, would then complete about 2 negatives each time until all 6 were complete, but this was not completed all in one go)

Wrist Curl:
    Working Set #1: 8+6 12.5KG
    Working Set #2: 8+6 15KG

So although I have lost a considerable amount of weight in 6 weeks, I have seen some good gains in strength / muscle endurance. I believe this is due to the fact that I have never done negatives before, and the supplementation and diet that I am on is providing me with enough protein and energy to push myself.

I will be posting my leg day tomorrow, and as the week progresses hopefully I can get a hand on a decent BF% estimation and get the mrs to do all my measurements again and some pictures.