Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Hell Raiser Training: Solo Overview

No training partner? No problem. Use this variation of HRT to put your muscles through hell.

Video article can be found here
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hellraiser-solo.html

If you've already tried Hellraiser Training, you know that it's a sprint through hell for you and one lucky lifting partner. I know some of you lone wolves have been stuck by the gates, unable to enter hell because you don't have an HRT buddy. Well, today's your lucky day. Welcome to HRT for solo lifters.

Hellraiser Training, using what are called "hellcentrics," has become one of the most popular bodybuilding partner training programs in the world. Why? Because it works like the devil.

The original program requires a training partner. Some of you have asked, "Bro, what if I don't have one?" Well, for those of you who don't have a lifting partner—or don't want one—I've developed a highly effective solo version of Hellraiser Training.

Unlike Hellraiser using hellcentrics, you don't need a minimum of two years of training experience. Nor do you need a dedicated spotter. You can start with HRT solo right now.

Alone in Hell

Solo HRT is a combination of regular reps and five-count negatives. You start every exercise with eight regular reps, followed immediately by six long negatives. On the six negative reps, you'll lower the weight for roughly five seconds. Count to five out loud to get a feel for how long this takes.

If you're doing barbell bench press and you're on the negative portion of the lift, you're going to slowly lower the weight at a five-count pace before pushing the weight back up. No, you won't have the added resistance a training partner provides. However, gravity provides plenty of resistance on the negative portion of all lifts.

HRT Solo Exercise Breakdown

2 sets of 8 + 6 reps on all exercises:
    4 total working sets for smaller body parts
    6 total working sets for larger body parts

Example Exercises

Seated Military Press
    8 reps (60-80% 1RM) - Focus on the positive
    6 reps (60-80% 1RM) - 5-count negative

Barbell Curl

Bench Press

I developed HRT Solo so you could train by yourself, but don't half-ass it. Constantly push yourself through the entire program.

If you are unsure of yourself on the bench press, use a Smith machine or another machine until you get a little bit more acclimated. If you use a flat bench, use one with safety racks. If you get in trouble, you can still rack the weight.

In Solo HRT, you don't have a partner to save your ass, so pick your weights carefully. Choose one you already know you can comfortably lift for eight reps without failing. For each working set, it's more important to finish the set than it is to fail.

HRT Solo Hell Session I Printable Download
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs...ssion1_log.pdf

HRT Solo Hell Session II Printable Download
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs...ssion2_log.pdf

HRT Solo Hell Session III Printable Download
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs...ssion3_log.pdf

HRT Solo Hell Session IV Printable Download
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs...ssion4_log.pdf

Last edited by BodySpaceAdmin; 11-07-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Added video.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

http://www.********.com/tom.r.fuller.5

Instagram Handle: ragingmuscle

Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks so much Rage! Your training technique is amazing and I have seen crazy results!

Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you recommend this split over the guns, wheels, chest/shoulders, back/rear delts/calves split on animalpack? Just started my week one of that split (8+6) and it's killer. Will probably stick with it unless you really recommend this one over that. Great program and it is very humbling.

acooper1611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alternate lifts

I really want to start the HRT Solo program. The problem is that I lift at the gym at work and I don't have access to a hack squat machine or a decline bench. Are there any alternate lifts you recomend in place oft those?

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Drufeus View Post
    Do you recommend this split over the guns, wheels, chest/shoulders, back/rear delts/calves split on animalpack? Just started my week one of that split (8+6) and it's killer. Will probably stick with it unless you really recommend this one over that. Great program and it is very humbling.
    Not necessarily. You can use this technique with any split you want. Keep us posted on your progress.

Originally Posted by acooper1611 View Post
    I really want to start the HRT Solo program. The problem is that I lift at the gym at work and I don't have access to a hack squat machine or a decline bench. Are there any alternate lifts you recomend in place oft those?
    BB squats are fine or if you have a smith machine, that would work also. You can do dips in place of decline. Let me know how it goes.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

deweysuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Rage for putting out this solo version. I've wanted to do HRT for a while, but train at 10:30 in the evening so hard to find a partner. This came at a great time. I'm about 6 weeks into a cut and wanted a change in program to up the intensity...This was it. I can't believe how much I've neglected the negative portion of the rep til the 1st to sessions of this! My muscles didn't just hurt...they felt sick! A new level of fatigue...love it. I was just wondering...if doing a cut would you shorten the rest periods? Basically I did 1.5 -2 min on shoulders and biceps and 2.5-3 on legs. The second set was more diffcult, but was able to use the same or more weight. Just wondering if this is gonna make a big difference. Thanks again for providing this great workout

Jultepod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HRT exercise replacement

Great work out I love it. Only question I had was for people that don't have access to a gym and only have free weights. On HRT solo workout 2 it all seams to require a machine is there any free weight exercises you can do to replace them?

Originally Posted by deweysuds View Post
    Thanks Rage for putting out this solo version. I've wanted to do HRT for a while, but train at 10:30 in the evening so hard to find a partner. This came at a great time. I'm about 6 weeks into a cut and wanted a change in program to up the intensity...This was it. I can't believe how much I've neglected the negative portion of the rep til the 1st to sessions of this! My muscles didn't just hurt...they felt sick! A new level of fatigue...love it. I was just wondering...if doing a cut would you shorten the rest periods? Basically I did 1.5 -2 min on shoulders and biceps and 2.5-3 on legs. The second set was more diffcult, but was able to use the same or more weight. Just wondering if this is gonna make a big difference. Thanks again for providing this great workout
    Your welcome brother. You can shorten those rest periods if you like. I don't think it's going to impede your progress and I developed another higher volume HRT routine called Highway To Hell, that you might find 'enjoyable' http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=147690243 Please keep me posted on your progress and if I can help out any more along the way.

Originally Posted by Jultepod View Post
    Great work out I love it. Only question I had was for people that don't have access to a gym and only have free weights. On HRT solo workout 2 it all seams to require a machine is there any free weight exercises you can do to replace them?
    You can sub all the exercises no problem brother. I tend to favor machines because of the rate of failure with HRT and safety issues. You could do anything from lunges, BB Squats, SLDLs, even lying DB leg curls using this training style. Just use your best judgement and start light.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

deweysuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh wow! I missed that forum...I like it alot! Highway to hell it is! Thanks Rage! Im the only one typically in my gym when I lift so this will be quite the challenge

qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sweet set up here! Like the concept and can't wait to get into this, may get rolling on it next week! I've heard some great things about both systems and my partner for the original HRT is having surgery in December so we talking about holding off till then but now that I seen this may have to roll on it NOW!
    IG/Snapchat: qstick99

Transformation Journal:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642101&p=1549085321#post1549085321

Originally Posted by qstick99 View Post
    Sweet set up here! Like the concept and can't wait to get into this, may get rolling on it next week! I've heard some great things about both systems and my partner for the original HRT is having surgery in December so we talking about holding off till then but now that I seen this may have to roll on it NOW!
    Awesome. Keep me posted brother.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

reQuire88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Repped! Can't wait to give this a bash tonight. Going to try and shock my muscles with the Back/Delts/Calves program.

Thanks' for making it really easy to understand.
    /// To me the gym is a place where it's all about finding that state of mind where it's just you and the weights. The state of mind where the "No I can't" becomes a "Yes I can". Your body will try and make you quit, it will tell you to stop...just remember: the best NEVER STOP! ///

Originally Posted by reQuire88 View Post
    Repped! Can't wait to give this a bash tonight. Going to try and shock my muscles with the Back/Delts/Calves program.

Thanks' for making it really easy to understand.
    Awesome! Kill it.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Redemption84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ripper209 View Post
    Thanks so much Rage! Your training technique is amazing and I have seen crazy results!
    Agreed!

newme1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What do you suggest for someone who doesn't really like the whole gym scene. I dont mind buying what I need. Could you tell me what equipment I should buy and how to do some of these exercises with what you suggest?

Originally Posted by Redemption84 View Post
    Agreed!
    Thank you brother. It's another good tool in the toolbox.

Originally Posted by newme1991 View Post
    What do you suggest for someone who doesn't really like the whole gym scene. I dont mind buying what I need. Could you tell me what equipment I should buy and how to do some of these exercises with what you suggest?
    A bench with the ability to incline and/or decline. Olympic bar with maybe a 300 lb set to start with. That's really all you need to get the ball rolling and then add from there as you see fit. I'm a big fan of keeping it simple and it's one of the reasons why we chose a lot of the equipment we did in the videos. Just pick up the bar and do work. With the equipment I mentioned, you can perform a lot of the lifts in the vids. For side laterals or any db work, just pick up a dime or quarter in each hand and have at it. In place of squats and press, just do lunges and db leg extensions of the end of the bench. Just get creative.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Registered User skyboundfitness's Avatar
    skyboundfitness is not very well liked. (-100) skyboundfitness is not very well liked. (-100) skyboundfitness is not very well liked. (-100) skyboundfitness is not very well liked. (-100) skyboundfitness is not very well liked. (-100) skyboundfitness is not very well liked. (-100) skyboundfitness is not very well liked. (-100) skyboundfitness is not very well liked. (-100) skyboundfitness is not very well liked. (-100) skyboundfitness is not very well liked. (-100) skyboundfitness is not very well liked. (-100)
    Awesome! I just started GVT last week...gonna give this a go next month.

Those eccentrics are killers! I love it!
    CPT and Nutritional Consultant, NPTI , NASM
    Owner of Skybound Fitness
    http://www.skyboundfitness.com

newme1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A bench with the ability to incline and/or decline. Olympic bar with maybe a 300 lb set to start with. That's really all you need to get the ball rolling and then add from there as you see fit. I'm a big fan of keeping it simple and it's one of the reasons why we chose a lot of the equipment we did in the videos. Just pick up the bar and do work. With the equipment I mentioned, you can perform a lot of the lifts in the vids. For side laterals or any db work, just pick up a dime or quarter in each hand and have at it. In place of squats and press, just do lunges and db leg extensions of the end of the bench. Just get creative.[/QUOTE]

Thank you and what would you suggest as a workout for 2 and 4 since it has alot I prob wont have?

What do you call large and small muscles so i can know what to do 4 and 6 sets on?

Originally Posted by newme1991 View Post
    A bench with the ability to incline and/or decline. Olympic bar with maybe a 300 lb set to start with. That's really all you need to get the ball rolling and then add from there as you see fit. I'm a big fan of keeping it simple and it's one of the reasons why we chose a lot of the equipment we did in the videos. Just pick up the bar and do work. With the equipment I mentioned, you can perform a lot of the lifts in the vids. For side laterals or any db work, just pick up a dime or quarter in each hand and have at it. In place of squats and press, just do lunges and db leg extensions of the end of the bench. Just get creative.
    Thank you and what would you suggest as a workout for 2 and 4 since it has alot I prob wont have?

What do you call large and small muscles so i can know what to do 4 and 6 sets on?[/QUOTE]

For session 2 you can do lunges and db leg extensions off the end of the bench. For hamstrings just do SLDLs and DB leg curls off the end of the bench. For session 4, you can do BB rows, deads, pull ups, DB or BB shrugs, bent over lateral raises and load some weights on that bar, block below your feet and set the BB across your knees for calf raises. Small bodyparts are like biceps, forearms and triceps. Large are back and legs.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) qstick99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Liking this system a lot! 2 weeks in and feel like I"m already seeing a little change and feeling it for sure. Only thing I think I did different was that I was not sure on the warm up sets, I've been doing two lighter sets of 8+6 plus two working sets of 8+6. Maybe a few regular sets but 4 at 8+6 and an insane feeling overall!
    IG/Snapchat: qstick99

Transformation Journal:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642101&p=1549085321#post1549085321

Originally Posted by qstick99 View Post
    Liking this system a lot! 2 weeks in and feel like I"m already seeing a little change and feeling it for sure. Only thing I think I did different was that I was not sure on the warm up sets, I've been doing two lighter sets of 8+6 plus two working sets of 8+6. Maybe a few regular sets but 4 at 8+6 and an insane feeling overall!
    Just do a few warm up sets progressively heavier (especially on larger body parts) of maybe 8-12 regular reps and then let the fun begin.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

seanfox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sets

The explanations say to do 2 sets of 8+6, then also say do 4 sets for small groups and no more than 6 for large groups. Does this mean to do at least 2 sets, but no more than 4 or 6?

Originally Posted by seanfox View Post
    The explanations say to do 2 sets of 8+6, then also say do 4 sets for small groups and no more than 6 for large groups. Does this mean to do at least 2 sets, but no more than 4 or 6?
    OR for example, does it mean only 2 exercises per small group with 2 sets each, and only 3 exercises with 2 sets each for large groups?

ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OR for example, does it mean only 2 exercises per small group with 2 sets each, and only 3 exercises with 2 sets each for large groups?
    The 2nd 2 EX 2 SET each 8+6 Small 3 EX 2 SET each 8+6 large.

Let me now if that helps.
    If I can do it, you can do it! Now get up and do something! IT'S GO TIME!

I am a firm believer and Proof that the Hellraiser method works, and I am just getting started!

Want to know more about Hellraiser Training?

Check out the forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=573

Check out the videos: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hrt-animal-hellraiser-trainer-series-overview.html

TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been reading up on the solo version of this and decided to "test the waters" with the program today. My arms are on fire!!!

People stared at me all weirdly when I was hitting the negatives but the RAGE drove me through all that. Sir, you've developed an amazing program here and I'm sticking it out for the twelve weeks following your instructions to the letter. I'm tightening up my diet and getting to work!

@Ragingmuscle, @ggfusion, get ready for me to pepper you with nothing but questions. Lets get to work!
    I'll never settle for second place when first is available.

WSuddreth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay I've got a few questions about this. So I absolutely love the look of this program, it looks like it's exactly what I need. But here's the problem: I'm pretty much dirt poor. In all of the videos and posts I've seen, people stress the importance of using supplements to take ridiculous amounts of protein and carbs. I would love to be able to do that, but unfortunately I'm a full time college student and I only work part time making minimum wage. Between cost of schooling, gas and other bills, there's no way I could afford to buy the supplements recommended. Hell, I can barely afford a gym membership.

So I guess my question is this: Would it even be worth it to try this without supplements? I'm well aware that I won't get near the same results that I would get if I got that much protein in me which obviously sucks, but I can deal with it. I'm mainly just concerned about blowing myself out and over training without the proper supplements to get me recovered at the correct speed.

ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheRock08 View Post
    I've been reading up on the solo version of this and decided to "test the waters" with the program today. My arms are on fire!!!

People stared at me all weirdly when I was hitting the negatives but the RAGE drove me through all that. Sir, you've developed an amazing program here and I'm sticking it out for the twelve weeks following your instructions to the letter. I'm tightening up my diet and getting to work!

@Ragingmuscle, @ggfusion, get ready for me to pepper you with nothing but questions. Lets get to work!

I am here to help brother! Glad you are a part of this awesome program! 12 weeks is tough and grueling on this program but you cant argue with the results.

I am a firm believer and Proof that the Hellraiser method works, and I am just getting started!

Check out the videos: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hrt-animal-hellraiser-trainer-series-overview.html

Originally Posted by WSuddreth View Post
    Okay I've got a few questions about this. So I absolutely love the look of this program, it looks like it's exactly what I need. But here's the problem: I'm pretty much dirt poor. In all of the videos and posts I've seen, people stress the importance of using supplements to take ridiculous amounts of protein and carbs. I would love to be able to do that, but unfortunately I'm a full time college student and I only work part time making minimum wage. Between cost of schooling, gas and other bills, there's no way I could afford to buy the supplements recommended. Hell, I can barely afford a gym membership.

So I guess my question is this: Would it even be worth it to try this without supplements? I'm well aware that I won't get near the same results that I would get if I got that much protein in me which obviously sucks, but I can deal with it. I'm mainly just concerned about blowing myself out and over training without the proper supplements to get me recovered at the correct speed.
    Hello my friend and first off welcome! SUppliments are a part of it ofcourse but you dont have to go overboard. You will get results from this program without but you are only hurting yourself without proper nutrition and vitamins to fill in the gaps, especially in your busy / stressfull life right now, nutrition and supplimentation are important. You also need to really look to see how inexpensive supplementing can be glutamine is cheap, caffeine/arganine/beta alanine is a fine pre workout and if you buy them individually you can get them very reasonably a standard multi is cheap, protein powder is cheap depending on the brand. Prioritize your supplimentation, you can work up to the better brands as you can afford it. I would also look into BCAA's that are in the less expensive range. I can help show you how reasonable supplimenting can be if you dont go crazy just P.M. me and I will help you find some good deals. I now almost exclusively use Animal/Universal products for everything but protein but I wait for deals and buy it when I can afford it. So to answer your question directly yes you will get great results but not as good and maybe you can afford it a little at a time. I will donate my time to help you. One more thing just to be clear Rage would like you to get as much of your protein as possible from real food and is not a huge fan of protein powder except to get you to your numbers if you are running short.

Garrick

Does anyone know if we will be able to post progress/diet information in here for Rage to check out and guide/update us on if we arent competing but just looking for help along the way?

Does anyone know if we will be able to post progress/diet information in here for Rage to check out and guide/update us on if we arent competing but just looking for help along the way?
    Start your own thread my friend he looks at it all the time and if you need something answered and one of us don't get it he will. Matter of fact he just looked through it tonight so yes he is kind of like Santa if you keep a thread he sees you when you are working hard and he sees you when your slacking arse so kick arse for goodness sake. Just like Santa you do your 12 weeks you get a present, but this present is only for the elite that keep there 12 week logs and do it HRT style. Santa Rage...LOL

That goes for everyone, if you want your 12 weeks to count start your own thread and I gaurantee help along the way.

If you are just looking for advise on HRT or diet without doing the 12 weeks post it brother you will get your answer.