Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    The Fight Club has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HRT solo sounds PERFECT to me!!! I'm moving to an Island on the Atlantic Ocean near Brazil and I'm going to work there for 3 months. There's only one gym and internet connection isn't good. But I believe the HRT solo workout is perfect for all 12 weeks and I'll try to log in BB.com to keep reading all comments here. They are really interesting and useful. I just wanna make sure I've got all points. This workout routine is basically training 4 days a week following the exercises on printable pages... always 8 + 6 (negative) reps... maximum of 4 sets for each small muscle and 6 for each large muscle a day... Should I add weights every week? About Resting between exercises, is it ok more than 1 minute rest? Thank you, Ragingmuscle and all the others.
    Visit THE FIGHT CLUB bodygroup. Great and good-natured bodybuilders having their pics in a contest.
    http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_fight_club

ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by The Fight Club View Post
    HRT solo sounds PERFECT to me!!! I'm moving to an Island on the Atlantic Ocean near Brazil and I'm going to work there for 3 months. There's only one gym and internet connection isn't good. But I believe the HRT solo workout is perfect for all 12 weeks and I'll try to log in BB.com to keep reading all comments here. They are really interesting and useful. I just wanna make sure I've got all points. This workout routine is basically training 4 days a week following the exercises on printable pages... always 8 + 6 (negative) reps... maximum of 4 sets for each small muscle and 6 for each large muscle a day... Should I add weights every week? About Resting between exercises, is it ok more than 1 minute rest? Thank you, Ragingmuscle and all the others.
    Add whatever weight you can with completing the cycle and negatives.

Rest periods very per person and exercise take the minimum required for you. On leg day I need at least 3+ minutes before my next set because it would be impossible for me to fiish out the following set without that time. Not to mention how increadibly taxing this routine is on leg day.

Garrick
    If I can do it, you can do it! Now get up and do something! IT'S GO TIME!

I am a firm believer and Proof that the Hellraiser method works, and I am just getting started!

Want to know more about Hellraiser Training?

Check out the forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=573

Check out the videos: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hrt-animal-hellraiser-trainer-series-overview.html

666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this program looks awesome & I wish i could start using it, only one problem: the only gear i have is a squat rack, bench & barbells (with short bar as well, replacing dumbbells). I train at home.
    so this makes workout 2 & 4 a bit of a problem. is there a way to solve this, or my current equipment is not enough for this program? I don't have the knowledge or experience to replace the named exercises is workout 2 & 4 for others who work the same muscles but can be done with the simple equipment i mentioned...

OMAGuitarist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Rage, first time poster here (short time dweller).

I'm really excited to start this program up but I just have a few questions about personalizing the program.
    I like having high intensity workouts and only 1 rest day in a week because it keeps me focused so I was wondering if something like this would be effective when combo'd with HRT (every exercise only 2 sets):

Day 1: Chest + Triceps
    Bench press, Incline dumbbell bench press, Close Grip bench press/Skull crushers, Dumbbell flies, Dumbbell triceps extension

Day 2: Back + Biceps
    Dumbbell curls, Preacher curls, barbell curls, Deadlifts, Lat pulldown, Incline Pull

Day 3: Shoulders + Legs
    Military Press, Dumbbell lateral raises, Seated shoulder press, barbell squats, Leg press, Calve Raises

After looking over my workout, it sounds absolutely disgusting.. Awesome!
    Another question (sorry if it's been asked and answered): How much rest time should I have? In my previous routine, I was doing high intensity workouts that involved 30-45 second rests but here I feel like 2 minutes would be ideal.

Final question: I wanna be cutting some fat so would it be acceptable to do interval training during workout days or should I schedule myself so my rest days are cardio days? I was thinking after my workouts I take a 10 minute recovery walk and then head into my 6-8 minute 30 second sprint - 30 second jog routine.

Anyways, thanks again for posting this routine, I'm thrilled to start this up!

Regards,
    OMAguitarist

Registered User workandplayhard's Avatar
    workandplayhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I am fairly skinny would I need to add cardio to this routine or can I just purely lift weights.

Registered User workandplayhard's Avatar
    workandplayhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do you perform a negative rep.

ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 666pluto View Post
    this program looks awesome & I wish i could start using it, only one problem: the only gear i have is a squat rack, bench & barbells (with short bar as well, replacing dumbbells). I train at home.
    so this makes workout 2 & 4 a bit of a problem. is there a way to solve this, or my current equipment is not enough for this program? I don't have the knowledge or experience to replace the named exercises is workout 2 & 4 for others who work the same muscles but can be done with the simple equipment i mentioned...
    You have everything you need brother, just be inventive. I can help just PM me specific questions.

I am a firm believer and Proof that the Hellraiser method works, and I am just getting started!

Check out the videos: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hrt-animal-hellraiser-trainer-series-overview.html

Originally Posted by OMAGuitarist View Post
    Hey Rage, first time poster here (short time dweller).

I'm really excited to start this program up but I just have a few questions about personalizing the program.
    I like having high intensity workouts and only 1 rest day in a week because it keeps me focused so I was wondering if something like this would be effective when combo'd with HRT (every exercise only 2 sets):

Day 1: Chest + Triceps
    Bench press, Incline dumbbell bench press, Close Grip bench press/Skull crushers, Dumbbell flies, Dumbbell triceps extension

Day 2: Back + Biceps
    Dumbbell curls, Preacher curls, barbell curls, Deadlifts, Lat pulldown, Incline Pull

Day 3: Shoulders + Legs
    Military Press, Dumbbell lateral raises, Seated shoulder press, barbell squats, Leg press, Calve Raises

After looking over my workout, it sounds absolutely disgusting.. Awesome!
    Another question (sorry if it's been asked and answered): How much rest time should I have? In my previous routine, I was doing high intensity workouts that involved 30-45 second rests but here I feel like 2 minutes would be ideal.

Final question: I wanna be cutting some fat so would it be acceptable to do interval training during workout days or should I schedule myself so my rest days are cardio days? I was thinking after my workouts I take a 10 minute recovery walk and then head into my 6-8 minute 30 second sprint - 30 second jog routine.

Anyways, thanks again for posting this routine, I'm thrilled to start this up!

Regards,
    OMAguitarist
    Everything looks fine brother, Rest periods are the least needed to recover yet finish the next set. Cardio is great to add to the cutting, I also enjoy HIIT training. Your outlook and plan looks good keep us posted.

Garrick

Originally Posted by workandplayhard View Post
    How do you perform a negative rep.
    Here you go.

pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000)
    well yesterday was my first day of hell rasiser training...did chest/tri's......damn the pump i got from this workout was intense! i felt pumped for a good 1-2 hrs following my workout...who would have thought 140lbs on a bench would feel this damn heavy towards the end of my negative reps...loved this workout and was able to get in and out in 30mins

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pa mma View Post
    well yesterday was my first day of hell rasiser training...did chest/tri's......damn the pump i got from this workout was intense! i felt pumped for a good 1-2 hrs following my workout...who would have thought 140lbs on a bench would feel this damn heavy towards the end of my negative reps...loved this workout and was able to get in and out in 30mins
    Awesome brother. Keep us posted on how you're doing and let me know when you finish out 12 weeks.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

http://www.********.com/tom.r.fuller.5

Instagram Handle: ragingmuscle

pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ragingmuscle View Post
    Awesome brother. Keep us posted on how you're doing and let me know when you finish out 12 weeks.
    will do! didn't think it would have been as tough as it was...hell i only did 60% of max..

Cheflisa1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, just curious... Is the hrt solo recommended for female training also? I've just finished cutting and and ready to get some good muscle gains. Just wondering if this program would suit female physique....

Originally Posted by Cheflisa1 View Post
    Hey, just curious... Is the hrt solo recommended for female training also? I've just finished cutting and and ready to get some good muscle gains. Just wondering if this program would suit female physique....
    i wife just switched to using it... last night was her 1st workout of it...and she loved/hated it...in and out in about 30-35 mins and her arms/shoulders were fried! she said she def felt a better workout than normal

Q. once i complete week 1....for the following week do i still use the same exercises but increase weight? or do i switch to different lifts? or do i only switch to different exercises if i hit/fail to be able to do the weight...kind of like Doggcrap ?

Originally Posted by pa mma View Post
    Q. once i complete week 1....for the following week do i still use the same exercises but increase weight? or do i switch to different lifts? or do i only switch to different exercises if i hit/fail to be able to do the weight...kind of like Doggcrap ?
    If the workout is working for you just increase the weights to whatever you can while maintaining the 8+6. However if you find something might work better for you try it out. I went from hack squats to regular squats, from barbell curls to dumbbell curls etc. Find your fix and rock on!

Garrick

Originally Posted by Cheflisa1 View Post
    Absolutely Women can get fantastic results from this program!

Garrick

surfaddict91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfaddict91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfaddict91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfaddict91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfaddict91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfaddict91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So if I am understanding this correctly, you will only do sets of each exercise?

What does "4 total working sets for smaller body parts" & "6 total working sets for larger body parts" mean? This is confusing me for some reason.

Originally Posted by surfaddict91 View Post
    So if I am understanding this correctly, you will only do sets of each exercise?

What does "4 total working sets for smaller body parts" & "6 total working sets for larger body parts" mean? This is confusing me for some reason.
    OK so biceps you could do dumbbell curls and concentration curls 2 sets of each for a total of 4 larger muscle groups you would split into 3 types or exercises 2 sets each making it 6 total sets like Squats / deadlifts / leg extension or whatever. Rage has it all laid out in the videos ofcourse but you are not limited to the exercises provided as a lot of gyms dont all have the same equipment.

You could technically do the entire set of workouts with dumbbells and bodyweight exercises if you used your imagination.

I hope this makes sense, if not I can break it down further for you.

Good luck!

Garrick

surfaddict91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfaddict91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfaddict91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfaddict91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfaddict91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfaddict91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ggfusion View Post
    OK so biceps you could do dumbbell curls and concentration curls 2 sets of each for a total of 4 larger muscle groups you would split into 3 types or exercises 2 sets each making it 6 total sets like Squats / deadlifts / leg extension or whatever. Rage has it all laid out in the videos ofcourse but you are not limited to the exercises provided as a lot of gyms dont all have the same equipment.

You could technically do the entire set of workouts with dumbbells and bodyweight exercises if you used your imagination.

I hope this makes sense, if not I can break it down further for you.

Good luck!

Garrick
    So this morning I did my first Hellraiser workout. I did the 2 bicep exercises that was prescribed in the workout. Are you saying I could have done 2 more exercises with the 2x8+6 set/reps to workout my biceps?

Jerm16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not sure if anyone has asked this yet... but if I had a couple lagging bodyparts that I would like to hit again would I be able to hit them again on day 6 or 7? or would you reccomend that I dont and just let my muscles rest?

So this morning I did my first Hellraiser workout. I did the 2 bicep exercises that was prescribed in the workout. Are you saying I could have done 2 more exercises with the 2x8+6 set/reps to workout my biceps?
    No: 4 sets small 6 large. if you did different exercises than the ones rage has in the video you wouldnt do those. 4 sets total. I may have to throw up a video if this is really that confusing. Maybe I am not explaining it clear enough.

Garrick

Ok, now I understand it. I may have been confusing myself or the wording was just weird. I was thinking 4 exercises (8 sets), not 2 (4 sets). What would be wrong with doing an extra 2 sets? I am just wondering.

Ok, now I understand it. I may have been confusing myself or the wording was just weird. I was thinking 4 exercises (8 sets), not 2 (4 sets). What would be wrong with doing an extra 2 sets? I am just wondering.
    If your doing it right, and with the right weight you will have failed (painfully so) with the 4. Trust the science and the results brother. If you are not getting results after a few weeks we will talk.

Garrick

heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have finished my hell raiser training, and wow this is a great program! It will freakin kick your butt, but it is worth it. I started weighing a little under 190 and finished weighing 197, without any noticeable fat gains, and i ended the program a couple weeks earlier. I can definetely tell a difference in my chest, shoulders, and arms from this program, as they have grown and gotten more vascular. I was kinda scared that i would lose some strength doing hrt solo because the use of low weight for high reps. however, that was not the case as my bench press increased by 30 pounds during my training! i got my friend to do this with me, and i think he got weaker haha but that is more a result of him not working hard and eating terribly. but yea thanks for this! i loved it and will be on it again sometime in the future

Originally Posted by heelhavoc12 View Post
    I have finished my hell raiser training, and wow this is a great program! It will freakin kick your butt, but it is worth it. I started weighing a little under 190 and finished weighing 197, without any noticeable fat gains, and i ended the program a couple weeks earlier. I can definetely tell a difference in my chest, shoulders, and arms from this program, as they have grown and gotten more vascular. I was kinda scared that i would lose some strength doing hrt solo because the use of low weight for high reps. however, that was not the case as my bench press increased by 30 pounds during my training! i got my friend to do this with me, and i think he got weaker haha but that is more a result of him not working hard and eating terribly. but yea thanks for this! i loved it and will be on it again sometime in the future
    Awesome work brother! Congratulations!

Garrick

Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rage I can't thank you enough for the HRT program. This is exactly what I've been looking. I can't wait to start this Monday morning!!!!

EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I decided to bump this. I started this today, and holy chit!!!! My shoulders and biceps were so sore after my workout, yes literally after, that it hurt to straighten my arms to stretch them.

Definitely a great program and I'm only 1 day in. Going to keep this up!

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kdnlp07 View Post
    Rage I can't thank you enough for the HRT program. This is exactly what I've been looking. I can't wait to start this Monday morning!!!!
    Keep me posted brother!

Originally Posted by EvilThoughts View Post
    I decided to bump this. I started this today, and holy chit!!!! My shoulders and biceps were so sore after my workout, yes literally after, that it hurt to straighten my arms to stretch them.

Definitely a great program and I'm only 1 day in. Going to keep this up!
    Right on brother. Stay after it and you'll have some good gains in 12 weeks. Let me know if you have any questions along the way.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

http://www.********.com/tom.r.fuller.5

Instagram Handle: ragingmuscle

Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=ragingmuscle;1045127143]Keep me posted brother!

Rage ill try and be short with this. I'm very pressed for time I work 2 jobs and have a 8 month old daughter. I've been doing a 3 day split. Monday back, delts, traps. Wednesday chest & legs. Friday biceps, triceps & abs. Is this split ok? And I do abs only because I have lower back problems I find when I keep my core strong my back is much stronger. I'm killing it on every workout. Not to fatigued or anything. Thanks in advance Rage.
    I don't do cardio..... The only thing I'm running after is the ice cream truck !!