Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Past week

So this last week was awesome. Two things I wanted to accomplish.
    Number 1: play floor hockey
    Number 2: go to strongman training
    Tuesday went to floor hockey and felt great!! Groin didn't bother me at all. Wednesday did the following "events"

Log: 135 2 strict(1push press)
    155 2, 2, 2 push press
    115 7 strict PR
    Worked on form here as I kept pushing the bar to far forward instead of straight up for some reason. And hit a rep PR after everything so that was cool
    Squat: 185 5
    225 3
    255 2
    275 1
    Had no idea what I would be compable on doing but happy about what I hit. Post rehab PR's
    Rumble roller: failed at 135
    Dropped down to 125 fail
    Dropped down to 115 fail (terrible)
    Dropped down to 105 got the pick finally
    Dropped down to 90. 5, 5, 3 sec holds
    My grip has officially gone to crap but it'll come back
    We did some playing around with DB snatches at this point
    65, 75, 80 all went up but stopped at that point
    Band Incline sit ups: 20, 15 purple band?

Felt great to get back to training events. Even if it was just a log event that day.

Saturday event day:
    Snatch:
    95 3, 3
    115 3, 2
    Form is horrible on these so I am going to attempt to get some help with that
    Yoke walk:
    340 60ft
    390 60ft
    440 60ft 1drop(was slipping off my back)
    440 60ft 14.15 seconds
    These were done with a low pick which was awesome. Turned into a half squat to get it off the ground.
    Yoke pick and hold:
    520 20sec hold.
    Brought the bar up for a higher pick for these. Was impressed with the 20sec hold as I didn't think I'd get it. When you have someone in your face counting on you to hit a certain time you get it done.
    Anchor chain drag:
    60ft x2
    ****ty gpp that's all I can say
    GHR:
    BW 4
    Reverse bands 4
    The guy I train with can't do any reps with his body weight so we ghetto some reverse bands so he can do some reps. Decided to try it out with reverse bands

Good week for me. Not much actual training but good

BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Decided to a bit of benching Tuesday before floor hockey and ended up going for a new PR.
    Bench:
    185 2
    200 1
    215 1 PR
    Did some chin ups. Not very much.

Wednesday
    Log:
    135 2(1push press)
    165 2 push press (3rd failed)
    165 (failed on 1st) 1(got 2nd)
    165 1 (failed on 2nd)
    115 7 strict
    Most of the failing was technique
    Pause squats:
    225 3
    225 3
    225 3
    Pause was about 1-2sec. Just a small pause
    Heavy DB holds:
    100's 30 sec
    100's 32 sec
    100's 1min
    Was timing myself so took 4sec off the first two to hopefully make it more accurate. Last was timed by my training partner so he pushed me to get a minute.
    Band sit ups
    20, 20 purple band
    Reverse band GHR
    8 purple band

Had my brothers birthday party Friday so stayed up late. Did not go to strongman but did some front squats at home
    Front squat:
    135 5
    155 3
    185 2
    Was way to tired to be doing this

Tonight's extra workout
    Incline bench:
    95 8/5
    135 3/3
    Did these with a close grip then my normal grip. Close was index on the smooth and then pinky on the ring
    Pull up variation:
    27 total
    DB flies:
    20 10
    25 8
    Farmers shrug
    70's 20
    110's 18 put down once after 10
    When I was doing my rehab I couldn't pick up these up without pain so good to see I can again without any discomfort.
    Last day of floor hockey tomorrow, then events Wednesday.

Did some "event" training last night again.
    Snatch:
    95 3, 3
    Clean:
    95 3
    Was doing some form work and realized I am really bad at doing an overhead squat. Figured I'd throw in some easy cleans as well
    Yoke walk:
    390 60ft
    440 60ft
    480 60ft
    500 60ft
    The 500 went really bad because we raised the pick to what we thought should be perfect for me. Turns out it kept hitting the ground so we put it back down and kept going. Dropped again right before being finished. Next time will be way better.
    Anchor chain drag:
    60ft x2
    These were surprisingly a lot easier then expected. Good to see
    Reverse band GHR:
    Red 4
    Purple 8
    Just wanting to make sure I get quality reps in so switched to purple bands

That was all for the night. Going to bench tonight if I have some time at work and do some back work. Just deloading the bench. Might not get to the barn Saturday but we'll see how late I have to stay at work.

A guy who trains some kids out of where I work showed up early today so didn't get to do what I wanted. Did a bit after he left too
    Bench:
    worked up to 105 5
    Was going to 115 and 130 yet for my deload but oh well. Supposed to be a deload anyway right?
    Superset Lat pulldown:
    last set was 100 by 8.
    Still was fairly easy but this was when I was interrupted.
    After I did some random calf raises, snatches, cleans. and some deadlifting, both conventional and sumo. Deadlifts didn't feel as good as I was hoping, and heavier then expected, but it'll come yet. Might do some training tomorrow, and if not Saturday will be either event training or training at home.

Today's training
    Wider overhead:
    135 2 (no push press)
    170 (fail) 1
    170 1
    170 1
    Only failed on the first one cause I had very little leg drive.
    115 7
    Neutral grip chin between sets
    24 total
    Pause squats:
    225 3, 230 3
    Got super deep on my last rep with 230 so that was a grinder. Knew a guy was coming right away so skipped the third set
    Farmers walk holds:
    110's 1min
    Can't make 110lb DB's but this works as well.
    Didn't get to do my ab work. But will do some next session
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149299153 Strongman journal

Training
    Front squats:
    135 5, 155 4, 185 3
    Deadlifts:
    135 8/8, 155, 6/6
    Hanging knee raise:
    10sec on, 10 off x3

PR on front squats. Deadlifts did both conventional and sumo. So 8/8 is just 8 of both forms. Hanging knee raises I just held the too position for 10sec instead of doing reps

Yesterday:
    Bench:
    155 5, 165 5, 175 8(PR)
    Neutral grip chins:
    21 total
    Inverted rows:
    6, 6, 6
    Superset with push ups:
    10, 10, 10
    Plank:
    1min
    At this point a guy came to help with my technique on the Olympic movements. This destroyed me! But made good progress on both the clean and snatch.

Saturdays training: family was out and my brother and mom wanted to train with me.
    Free squat:
    255 1, 275 1 both belted
    Squatting was heavy this day so I belted up for these two.
    Pause squats:
    205 3 reps 3sec pause
    Only did the one set
    GHR:
    Couple
    Kept getting a huge cramp in my calf so didn't do much
    Chin ups:
    Did a random amount of these using various bands with the family. Probably did a good 40-50 total

Training today:
    Wider overhead:
    140 1 (PR)
    Push press:
    170 2(PR)
    170 2
    170 2
    Neutral chins between:
    27 total
    Battle ropes:
    Up/down trying to keep on forearms moving 15sec x2
    Didn't want to do to much because I believe I am doing event training tomorrow. See what my buddy's up to yet. Good PR's today. Everything felt light for how heavy it usually feels. More weight next week then! Maybe back to the log as well

Last nights event day
    Axle deadlift:
    Worked up to 300 for some singles
    Frame carry:
    280 60ft
    330 60ft
    Tire flip:
    Small/light one 4x2
    Keg load:
    180 2reps 42"
    180 2reps 42"
    220 1rep low platform
    Reverse GHR:
    6 purple
    Really excited for the deadlifts. Didnt count reps or pay attention to weigt much as i was helping some guys with form. Guy pulled a 30lb PR so that was sweet to see. Did both conventional and sumo. Doing a switch grip on sumo's is awkward for me. Frame was light, except the pick on the second one seemed heavier. I think my foot placement was off. Tire was light but got form work in. Been a long time since I've done half this stuff. Kegs went good. Was really happy to finally have gotten the 220 up. Apparently I was using the crappy one that's harder before so will do more reps next time. GHR were hard but oh well. Wanted to do more sets but ran out of time. Oh and realized my grip sucks more then it use to. Or maybe just seems that way

Took the last week off. Yesterday's late night training.
    Axle deadlift(conventional/sumo):
    230 3/3, 250 2/2, 280 1/1x2
    Bar weight approx 50lbs
    Cleans: hang
    135 2, 155 1, 185 (fail x3) went to floor (fail) 1+press huge PR here!
    Chain yoke:
    270 60ft
    360 60ft 1 slip, 1 drop
    GHR:
    Purple 8
    Was supposed to do keg again but back was fried. Very happy about the clean and press. Second run of chain yoke was bad, first slipped off my back, then my shoe folded over(needs to be replaced).

Thursdays training
    Close grip bench:
    135 8
    155 8
    175 6
    Neutral chins:
    18 total between bench
    Barbell shrugs:
    225 15
    275 10
    275 10
    Rear delt flies:
    20 10
    20 10
    Top portion barbell curls:
    55 16
    55 16
    Figured out a way to make benching alone easier. I've been having trouble on my bench getting heavier weights out. Better this day. Think I'm going to change up how I do chins next cycle. The curls were interesting. Huge pump which was just weird in a way to me lol.
    This mornings training
    Viking press:
    90 4
    90 5
    110 3
    130 2
    150 fail x2
    Tire deadlift:
    600+ 1
    700+ 1
    Yoke:
    340 11.5 sec 88ft
    440 14something 88ft 1drop(dumb)
    Frame hold:
    410 15sec (hook grip=bad)
    GHR:
    Purple 10
    Was going to something completely different but we are having a barn comp in the next month or so, so Brent wanted to see what weights to use. I didn't want to go for a log max today so I just did Viking instead, the tire deadlift was cool. I've never gotten either of them up, although its been a long time since I've tried. Yoke was easy, but I dropped it on the second. For a head of myself. Hook grip was a terrible idea for a hold for time lol. GHR was the only thing that I did that was programmed in. Good session tho

Yesterday's training:
    Had to cut it short today but did what I wanted most
    Free squat:
    225 2
    245 1
    275 1
    295 1(PR)
    Dead squat
    150 2singles
    Post rehab PR. Was hard but had more in me. Will need to learn to strain more on my squats. Not be scared to strain. Always seems hard but when I look at the video it seems fast so maybe hit 300 for the first time ever next week. See how the body holds up after Saturdays events. Was trying to get the height right on the dead squats. Had it way to low but I am thinking I'll keep it low possibly. Anyway resting today as the body needs it bad. Events and deadlifts tomorrow

Didn't get to train like I wanted to this week. Got sick, so didn't do much. Saturday went in and did the following
    Log push press:
    155 1
    175 failed on clean
    125 9 1min
    Tire deadlift:
    600+ 3
    600+ fail
    600+ 5
    Frame hold with fat grips:
    210 crap time
    250 crappier time
    Strap good morning:
    195 5
    235 3
    GHR:
    Red 4 purple 6
    Purple 5

Still was feeling the effects of being sick apparently. Oh well

Today's training
    Free squat:
    200 5
    210 5
    225 6
    Dead squat:
    150 4 singles 45sec rest
    Hypers:
    23 last three included GHR

Session went good other then feeling tired after anything. Still trying to get it through my head that squatting isn't supposed to be as easy as it always looks on video. Think this is a huge mental thing for me that needs to be fixed. Was exhausted after the squatting and dead squats so didn't do everything again. Hopefully by Wednesday my cold is completely gone and I can train properly again.

Yesterday's training:
    Axle deadlift:
    240 3/3
    260 3/3
    290 3/3
    310 1/1x2
    Cleans from floor:
    135 3
    155 1
    Tire flip
    500+ 5 total flips
    Keg load:
    185 1 220 fail
    220 1
    220 1
    220 1
    All to 48"
    GHR:
    BW 3
    Hamstrings were still a little sore from Monday but didn't effect my training at all. Deadlift is coming back pretty quickly, which is awesome. Cleans felt pretty good and it seems as if my form is getting better. Tire flipping went decent, mostly just working on technique again. Keg loading was awesome. Going to try for the 240 next week(I think Brent has one at this weight) and GHR just did a few with BW only.
    On a side note I have all the events for the next two comps I have. Should be good. I'll post below what the events are.

Comps

Chicken barn 2: May 18
    Hand over hand: car +95lb sled for 80'
    Log clean and press: max starting at 130
    Tire deadlift for reps: two tires, 1 rep on heavy beats lots on lighter
    Yoke: 450 100'
    Thick handled frame or farmers hold for time: weight is yet to be determined

Morden YFC block party: June 1
    Log press for reps: 125 head to head
    Tractor tire flip: 400-500lbs head to head
    Farmers walk: 175 head to head
    Co-op truck pull with harness
    Deadlift for reps: 300lbs

After this I probably won't be competing till July 27th when I am doing my first powerlifting meet. With the wedding and honeymoon coming up its just not going to happen unless there comp in the city will be in June

Training
    Friday:
    Close grip bench:
    155 6
    170 4
    Neutral chins:
    18 total
    Back was still tight so kept it short and didn't want to fry the tris for Saturdays training.
    Saturday:
    Log press:
    155 1
    155 2
    155 2
    125 10 in 1 min
    Farmers:
    175 200ft 1 turn 1 drop. Did not get time
    Tire deadlift:
    600+ 2
    Something popped or pulled in my mid back so stopped here. Log was better then last week but still crap. First time doing farmers in a very long time, also longest ever gone. Very happy with this but hoping for no drops at the comp. Back was still sore and I should've listened and not done tire deadlifts. My stubborn butt will no better next time.
    Going forward i feel a good idea is to go to 3 days a week + 1 day of gpp. Feel this should help with my bodies ability to recover from everything. Might be to late to start but we'll see how this goes for now. Iced the back today and resting it a lot tomorrow. Shouldn't be anything serious. Training days are also being changed(I'm all over the place I know). Tuesday will be bench, Wednesday deadlift and Saturday will be squat and overhead. Thursday/friday will be gpp day. See how this works out with life. Comp coming soon although barely training for it ha ha

So apparently the back was a bit worse then I thought. But went and trained Saturday. Just whatever I could without causing discomfort as the pain was gone by this point.
    Close grip bench:
    165 5
    185 4
    135 + chains 4 (not sure on the weight)
    Superset
    Box squats/pull ups:
    135 5/3 x4 no rest between sets
    Front box squats/DB rows:
    135 4/80 8, 6x3 x4sets again no rest

Squatting was a bit uncomfortable but felt good. Real light. Benching with chains was interesting. First time using them.

Finally got to do my harness pull I wanted to do. Sad thing is my rope is short and my crv is to light. Next time will add weight if I get to do it again before June.
    Harness pull:
    3 pulls approx 60ft I believe
    Cleans:
    135 2
    135 1
    Snatch press/overhead squat:
    Bar only random amounts
    Front squat holds:
    225 18sec
    225 16sec
    225 18sec

Surprised at how hard it was to hold the front squats. Cleans weren't going my way so I stopped them early before hurting something. Events tomorrow anyway

Event training Wednesday:
    Deadlift:
    Worked up to 280 2
    Speed work:
    225 8x3 90sec rest
    Power shrugs:
    210 5x3
    Harness pull:
    Car +3plates
    Ball load:
    3x2 42" I believe

Deadlifts went pretty good today. More volume then I am use to so hopefully that brings it back up quickly. Wasn't planning on doing harness but another guy wanted to do it so I decided to. A lot harder then the crv. Mostly cause you can't build speed with it like I could with the crv. Good run tho. Now that its nice out the ball is a lot more grippier. Was one motioning most of my reps.

Comp today:
    Hand over hand:
    Car+1plate 80ft? 43.97 4 points
    Max log:
    180 final weight completed 3 points
    Tire deadlift:
    Light tire 12 2 points(didn't think the other guy would get 13)
    Yoke:
    450 100ft 24.5sec 3 points
    FW holds:
    220 40.09 2 points
    Overall:
    7th or 2nd last. Should've had sixth, yoke didn't go my way and stopped to early on the deadlift. The guy who got sixth is not stronger then me but had a really good run in the hand over hand and fw hold. Had some strong guys come out. Will do better in Morden. Happy with my log as well as hand over hand. Hand over hand has been my weak event for a long time. And my log has sucked lately. So this was nice. As always my grip sucks. Hopefully that will catch up to everything else yet. Should start doing farmers more often to help with this and all the deadlifting ill be doing

Been bad at updating.
    Last week Tuesday:
    Flat bench: tried doing some pauses here
    175 5
    190 3 paused once
    205 1
    Chins:
    28 total (doing 4 between each set)
    Barbell row:
    185 5
    185 5
    185 6
    DB overhead:
    40's 10
    40's 8
    Band pull aparts:
    Red band 10
    " " 10

Good session. Pausing sucks a lot but I will need to practice for the meet. Surprised at how week my overhead was with DB's but oh well. Just wanted to get the work in anyway.

Wednesday: events
    Deadlifts:
    300 2
    Speed deads:
    245 8x3 90sec rest
    Power shrug:
    225 5
    225 5
    225 5
    Rained all weekend and beginning of week so the barn was very moist inside. A lot of things had a lot of water on them so I cut it here instead of hurting myself.

Trained Thursday with my brother who was out. Did some of the following randomly
    Farmers walk, log press, sled drag, squats
    Ended up doing a medlay of the first three. That sucked.

Squatted again Friday. A guy at work and I have "strength tests" from time to time. We decided on squats and since he isn't the strongest guy(neither am I though), we stuck with 135 for doubles.
    Ended up doing 15 doubles before he didn't want to go anymore. I did a few sets of fronts squats with the 135 and a set with 185 for a double. I believe that's actually a Pr for me oddly enough.

I was trashed after this so I haven't been doing much lately. Just resting for the competition Saturday! Also found out the comp in the city is June 15 so I am trying to make that work at work. If not I am going to cut back on my event training. Going once a week and focus on powerlifting for the meet. My event days will probably be:
    Deadlift, log, carry(farmers), stones/kegs
    Or just whatever everyone else is doing. I am wanting to do good in the meet though. Hit some good high numbers in the squat and deadlift

Last week Saturday's comp
    Events:
    Farmers walk: 175 for 100ft + back
    Truck pull w/rope: 35000lb semi
    Log clean+press: 125lbs reps in 1min
    Tire flip: tall 450lb tire
    Deadlift: 300lb reps in 1min
    Had a lot of fun at the comp. Highlights of the comp were beating the guy I wanted to beat. And doing as good as I was hoping on every event, except the truck pull I could've been faster but apparently didn't use my arms as much as I should've. Oh well.
    Trained on Monday:
    Supersetted:
    Top portion bb curls
    Band face pulls
    Superset:
    Calf raises
    Hypers
    Plank by itself
    Don't care about the weights. Was an extra workout to work on some things. Learned that my calves are weak and hip thrusts are difficult to do in my garage. Need to arrange my bench next week. Also did a 5 min jog on the treadmill before everything, which was way harder then it should've been.
    Training tonight! Focusing on my meet now. So cutting down my event days to once a week. Doing deadlifts, overhead, farmers, and possibly some loading and GHR

Updating has been going to crap. Training has been good tho.
    "Events"
    Deadlift:
    315 x2
    Speed deads: 90sec rest
    255 8x3
    After this we dicked around with some sprinting at the barn. Don't have anything else writen down.

Bench day
    Flat bench:
    180 4
    195 2
    210 1
    Don't remember any pauses I did but glad the 210 was as easy as it was.
    Neutral grip chins between sets:
    28 total
    Fat grip overhead:
    95 5
    115 5
    Strict presses with these. Another short day but got in what I wanted for sure.

Squat day
    SSB free squat:
    Worked up to 290 for a hard single
    Speed box squats:
    150 +red band 4 doubles
    RDL:
    185 4
    Squats destroyed me.

Extra day:
    5min jog
    Hip thrust/face pull
    Hyper/top portion curls
    Calf raise/plank
    Nothing to say about this. Was going to train twice but my buddy got tickets for a football game. Can't say no to that. Was awesome!

Did "event" training today instead after playing football with the family
    Deadlift:
    325 x2
    Speed deads
    265 6x3
    Didn't do all 8 sets
    GHR
    Purple 10x3
    Ball carries:
    X2

That is it for the last while. Training tomorrow and Saturday. Should be good! Getting closer to the wedding now so need to get lots done while I can before we leave for the honeymoon

Missed out on training Friday and Saturday so I did some squatting and bench today.
    SSB squat:
    Worked up to 240 for a double
    Dead squats:
    150+red band 3 singles
    The last two I couldn't get under properly or something so had some trouble with them
    Bench:
    180 1
    200 1
    220 1 PR
    220 was SLOW but made it. Was stuck a few inches off the chest but powered through.
    Did some random amount of chins/pull ups.
    That's it for today. Supper time now

Last weeks training
    Deadlift:
    worked up to 335x2(single with both styles)
    Speed sets:
    275 3 singles
    GHR: 5 total
    Was dead after the deads (funny)

Squats
    SSB squat:
    230 2
    250 1
    270 1
    Dead squat:
    130+red band 6 singles
    GHR:
    BW 8
    BW 8
    My attempt at pulldown abs:
    Random reps with an average band I believe

Bench today
    Bench:
    95 10
    105 10
    115 10
    Incline close grip:
    115 8
    115 8
    Overhead:
    115 3
    115 3
    Pull ups/Neutral grip chin ups:
    19/17 total

"Deload" day, with being able to still tire out the shoulders.

Again last weeks training
    Deadlifts
    300 3
    300 3
    Leg press
    3pl 12
    3pl 12
    Drop set
    Start at 3pl +35's 5
    3pl 5
    2pl 5
    1pl 5
    Hanging knee raise
    20 total
    Drop set on leg press wasn't nearly as intense as I thought it'd be. Got way to easy and I didn't do anything to help.

Squat
    SSB squats
    230 2
    250 2
    275 1
    275 1
    Drop set
    200, 180, 160, 150 doubles.
    Dead squat
    135+red band
    6 singles 30 sec rest
    GHR
    BW 8
    BW 8
    Pulldown abs
    Orange band 50 total.
    Think I am finally getting the hang of the pulldown abs. Really good session. Was originally going to go lighter but I found my nuts and went heavier instead

Trained late in the week. Really busy with wedding stuff. Tomorrow I am doing my openers in all three lifts and wanting to do some accessory work Thursday. Then wedding Saturday!

Openers!
    Squat
    Reverse band
    Mini 315 2 Easy!
    Bench
    Dead
    Training was really good today. 285 squat was easy. No doubt in my mind that 315 won't happen at the meet. Bench went good. Hopefully 225 happens. And deads were good, a bit harder then I would have liked but still no belt so it should be easy come meet day. 375 here we come. Huge PR's happening

Been really busy with the wedding and honeymoon so haven't gotten much in obviously.
    Training before the honeymoon
    Squat
    225 3
    245 3
    265 2
    After this my buddy wanted to go to the gym so I decided to join him since I haven't been there in forever.
    Chest Press machine
    2pl 5
    +10 3
    +5 more 2
    Flat DB press
    55 10
    65 8
    DB overhead
    40's 8
    Push press
    135 2 (getting extremely tired)
    Random abs
    Bench dips
    +90 5
    +90 5 (shoulder was getting a bad stretch so stopped at five)
    Rope pushdowns
    70 10
    70 7
    70 6+3partials
    Neutral chins
    BW 4
    +35 1
    (Buddy wanted to leave so didn't do more chins)
    While in Italy I did some random stuff with bands. Good mornings, push ups, squats, etc.
    Training this week
    Squat
    155 5 top set
    Bench
    95 randoms
    Chins randoms
    GHR randoms
    About to leave for Fargo for the meet. Numbers I am hoping to hit:
    Squat
    285, 300, 315
    Bench
    190, 210, 225(this could change depending on the pause)
    Deadlift
    315, 345, 375(this could also change depending how my opener goes)

Ok so I really need to get better at posting my training. Meet went really well. Coming in I had my doubts about how the deadlift would go so I changed up my numbers. Ended up with the following:
    Squat:
    285 red light for foot movement after coming up (I was planning on possibly going even higher at my second depending how this went but again doubted things after not making this and not having squatted over 300 yet)
    300: good lift, decided to make the jump to a 5lb PR. Good choice, lift was easy
    315: good lift, this was also really easy, could've been the atmosphere at the meet and using my belt which I have tried to stay away from coming into the meet.
    Bench:
    185: good lift, dropped my opener because I have never actually benched with commands. Didn't want to bomb
    205: good lift, felt good and was ready for a PR here
    225: no lift, got stuck a few inches off the chest and just couldn't push passed it. Next time
    Deadlift:
    308: good lift, real easy
    340: good lift, again easy
    370: good lift, went up fast but still strained some. Still had more in me. Probably could've gotten closer to 400 if I wouldn't of doubted myself coming in.
    All in all a really good meet. The numbers aren't exact as they use kilos which doesn't transfer perfectly to pounds. 20lb Pr on the squat and 35lb PR on the deadlift post groin rehab. 25lb PR pre rehab. Next is the 1000lb total depending when I do a meet again.
    After the meet I have been resting for the most part and kind of doing random stuff in the gym.
    Yesterday was my first actual day back.
    Squats:
    255 2. Wanted three but form wasn't great.
    Front squats w/pause:
    135 3 5sec pause
    135 3 5sec pause
    These were actually really hard. The 5sec hold was long.
    Hip thrusts:
    SSB 8
    Weak I know. Still awkward for me doing these for some reason. Trying to find the groove
    Called a night after that. Wasn't feeling it last night.
    Today should be some benching with my buddy coming over.

Benched last night using my new bench from Elitefts just a flat bench to throw in my rack. Saves a lot of space!
    Flat bench:
    Top set 175 5
    DB bench press:
    40 15, 15
    First set was fairly easy. Second was more of a struggle. Need to buy more standard plates so I can make heavier db's.
    One arm barbell row:
    35 10
    45 10
    I used the corner of my wall as a landmind and grab the end of the bar for a thicker grip. Kind of awkward but worked fairly well.
    Pull ups:
    Only wanted to do a max set. This was way less then I should've gotten. Oh well
    IYTW's:
    4, 4
    I don't know if this is the correct name for this but I decided I should start doing it again.
    Wanting to do some sort of deadlift training this week yet. For some reason I have been getting really sore from training so we'll see how I feel tomorrow

First day back at the barn was Wednesday night!
    Deficit deads: standing on a mat 1/2"?
    315 1
    345 1 belted here
    Axle press: apparently weighs 30-35lbs
    120 5
    140 2 (PR?)
    Farmers: green ones, high pick
    155 88ft
    205 88ft dropped twice because the thin handles bug my hands (I know I'm a baby)
    255 pick only. Guy I train with wanted me to try it. Success with a lot of pulling. Took awhile to pull this off the ground
    That was it. He competed on Saturday so he didn't feel up for much, so we sat around a lot and talked about his competition and caught up.
    He won both light weight and overall at the competition. Won because he was smart and didn't try doing more then he was capable of doing to save energy.