Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My awesome strongman journey

Background: I've been training pretty solid now for awhile. As everyone knows life gets in the way here and there so training doesn't always go as consistent as I would like it too. I have done a few different programs, but mostly done my own programming. I had a log up somewhere on here but I can't find it now. I was doing GST, better known as Growth Stimulus Training. It is a good program but eventually not for my goals. I did a short stint of Starting Strength, and made great gains of it like its designed to do. Because of form issues in my squat I had some slight knee pain issues. I have since made two trips out to the EliteFTS compound. Once in May and once in the beginning of October. I have learned a lot and am back to doing my own programming again. To try keeping this short I'll get to the point, the first time I went to the compound we did a short amount of strongman and I got hooked. I got in touch with a guy who lives about a half hour away from me who rents a place and has a lot of strongman equipment. I did my first comp this year and did terrible lol. I have four comps I am wanting to do next year, maybe five if a super small one happens.
    Current Lifts: Dead, Squat, Bench where all either mostly tested or fully tested in Ohio
    Deadlift 345
    Squat 295
    Strict overhead est 145
    Log press 165
    Bench 205
    My lifts are nothing special, and my overhead is probably the worse in my opinion, but my events are what matter the most.
    Current Programming:
    I am trying to train at least 3 times a week. 4 would be awesome but doesn't seem to happen. I usually do an event day once a week, one day focused on overhead, one on squat, one on speed benching. Part of the event day is usually some sort of deadlift.
    I will be posting in here all my training as much as I can, and I'll post my last week or two right after this as well. Any input on anything would be greatly appreciated.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149299153 Strongman journal

BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My last while of training has been decent, other then my overhead as usual.

Last week Monday I think - short session
    Overhead press: 75, 95, 105 5's
    Rack Lockout:155 3, 175 2, 190 2
    Chin ups: 12 total
    Band pushdowns: 60 total with red band

Last week Wednesday:
    Close stance box squat: 155, 165, 175 5's these where easier like they where meant to be
    Single leg squat: 8x2 used a red band to pull knee out on first set, then in on the second
    GHR: 9 total a couple where done all the way down for a hyper as well.

Event day:
    Strict log press: 65 8, 85 8, 115 5
    Push press w/log: 135 2x2 These where terrible so I called a day with the log
    Farmers walk: 175's 80ft, 200's 80ft These are getting a lot better as my grip is still not the greatest
    18" deadlift: 225 warmup 315 5, 405 1, 425 1 probably shouldn't of taken this progression but I wasn't to worried. Did 395 two weeks prior so this was a nice jump but harder as well
    Keg loading: 48" I believe 4 total loads with 185lb keg

Tonight Training:
    Speed bench: 95 7 sets using 3 grips 3 reps. On the 7th set and 1st set with close grip something went wrong so I took a long break and moved on
    Heavy sets: 140, 150, 160 5's These where easier then I thought. Always a good thing tho
    JM Press: Bar 4, 65 5 still learning these so keeping it light, super light ha ha
    Superset: No rest between exercises or sets
    DB Rows: 60 15, 12, 12
    Bent Arm Lateral Raise: 15 8, 8, 8
    DB rows: 70 6 decided to do a heavier set to hit the rows some more, felt heavier after the other three sets
    BB curls: was going to do a pyramid on these but tweaked my forearm so I called it a day
    Bar 10, 55 8, 65 1*
    Superset:
    Scarecrow 5lbs 5x3
    Band Pushdowns: red band 70 total
    got some blood flowing in the tricep and did some prehab for the shoulders to hopefully keep them healthy.

That is everything I believe for now. I will try keeping up to date with my log as best I can.
    Happy Halloween everyone!

Nov 1/12

Training yesterday:
    Started with some mobility and foam rolling. Need to do more foam rolling everyday instead of just on training days.
    Started doing a closer stance squat last week so today's goal was to beat last weeks numbers by at least 20lbs. Did that. Kept it really light last week making this weeks also easy.

Box squat:
    Work sets
    165 5
    185 5
    205 5
    Next week I move on to 3's So weight will be better.
    Next was single leg squat with back leg on bench. I use a band pulling my knee in different directions. Using light weight I did 2 sets of 8 on these
    Next was supposed to be GHR but I decided to work on my technique with my sumo deads instead
    Sumo's
    Triples with 135, 185, 225
    These were easy so that's a good sign
    Leg raises 15x3

Nov 3/12 training
    Started taking my intra workout bcaa's today. See how this goes.
    Overhead press: this has sucked a lot for me lately from when I took a few weeks off pressing overhead. Goal was to get 115 for 5
    85, 100, 115 5's
    Everything was easy but the 115, might start doing a back off set on these for more volume
    Rack lockouts: second hole
    165, 180, 195
    Same as overhead 195 was a struggle. Oh well. Try beating it again in two weeks
    Superset: chin ups/defranco pull aparts
    Did 2 sets straight then rested about thirty seconds and repeated. Only 3 sets on the pull aparts changing grips everytime
    12 total chin ups and 12 pull aparts per set using a micro mini band
    Barbell shrugs:
    185 27 total in 1 min. Equalled to 3 sets
    Hammer curl:
    35 7,6,6 this was good considering my lack of arm work as of late.
    First session for overhead day I've really completed in awhile
    Was supposed to do events today but roads were icy and don't have winter tires on yet so I decided to do this instead. Good choice

Nov 6/12

Today's training: was supposed to do speed work for the bench but decided to train along my step dad instead since he was over today training with me.

Close stance box squats:
    225, 230, 235 3's
    225 seemed harder then I wanted my first set to be so I made tiny jumps. Next week I'll start with 225 again but with bigger jumps.
    GHR 15 total
    Front squats:
    Just did a couple squats with super light weight. Wanting to start doing these more often soon
    That was all for today. Sat and talked to long so didn't do much. Oh well. Next training day will be Friday. Thursday is the fiancé's birthday! More weight gain

Nov 9/12

Today's training went pretty good. Ran out of time so didn't do my last set of curls and push downs. Oh well
    Speed bench
    100 9 sets 3 reps 3 grips
    Heavy sets
    160,170,180 3's
    These were supposed to go 150,160,170 but this turned out to be for the best. 180 was difficult ish but nothing major. See what happens next week.
    JM press:
    75 5,5
    Still working on form but with this weight i was feeling it in the tri's so maybe a good weight
    Superset: DB Rows/bent arm lateral raise
    65 12, 12, 10
    15 10, 10, 10
    These drained me as I took very minimal rest
    Superset: BB curls/band push downs
    75 6, 6
    Red band 50 total
    Just used the weight that I had on the bar from the JM presses

All in all a good session. Now to fuel the body and head off to my other job.

Just about to head off to bed for work in the morning. Did not train today. We had some nice iced over roads so going anywhere was out of the question. Was going to train at home but got called into work. Just got back from my 9.5 hour shift. Probably just pick up on Monday with some deadlifting and maybe some modified events with my lack of equipment

Nov 12/12

Tonights training was supposed to be more but that's ok. Training tomorrow and then playing floor hockey so not over doing it seemed like a good idea.

Reverse band deads
    Used eliteFTS average band. Worked up to 315 using both conventional and sumo style for an easy single
    Took off average and put light instead
    315 for a single both styles. Then did 365 for a single both styles.
    Took bands off and attempted at the 365. This would have been a 20lb PR but I felt I could get it. It came off the ground a lot easier then I'm used to but stopped a couple inches off the ground. Instead of pulling back like I should've I let my back round. As soon as I noticed this I dropped it. Should be able to get it by the end of the year.
    Back in June I made goals for the end of the year. And I am happy to say I am hitting every goal I aimed for except my over head which I probably set way to high considering what it was at. My goals for the end of the year were:
    Dead - 340-350 (345 pulled last month)
    Squat - 300-305 (295 easy last month)
    Bench - 225 (205 last month)
    Clean and Press - 175 (155 done two months ago)
    Overhead - 185 (did 165 log awhile ago)
    My overhead goal was originally strict but I feel like push press is what I should be worried about, which is why I put my log max up instead. Going to re-evaluate my goals at the beginning of the year and make some short and long term goals.
    As far as event goals go I don't really have many as I am mostly just wanting to get better at them and going from there for now.

Nov 13/12

Training notes from today: overhead day
    Overhead press: 105, 115, 125 3's
    125 could've probably been done for 5 if I wanted. Next weeks goal of 135 for 3 should happen then. That will be a PR.
    Rack lockouts: 160, 175, 190 3's
    Glad to have hit 190 for 3. Next week might use smaller jumps to use more total weight or max out completely.
    Superset:
    Chin ups 5, 4, 4
    Defranco pull Sparta 12x3 switch grips again
    Skipped shrugs today
    Hammer curls: 35 7, 6, 7 last set I used fat grips for a couple of reps but it wasn't happening so took them off and finished up without them
    Good day. Hit everything I wanted to and felt strong. Overhead especially felt really strong today. Didn't get the extra sets in I wanted. Someone was supposed to come train but then didn't let me know they weren't coming till I finished my curls.
    Should be strongman tomorrow but we'll see if the barn is finished yet.

Nov 15/12

So no strongman yesterday. Was going to go out and help with the barn but we decided on Saturday instead.
    Training today: was cut super short. Had a beginner come in to practice some technique so my time was focused on that instead.
    Speed work (bench)
    105 7 sets 3 grips. Didn't like how my form was on my first set with a narrow grip. Usually never do so I stopped it there.
    Heavy sets
    135 3, 170, 180, 190 2's
    This was originally supposed to be 160-180 but since I did that last week I had to throw more weight on.
    Sadly this is where it was cut off.
    Overall happy with the way my bench has been going up. Going to take a break from the speed work for awhile and try hitting some heavy sets for the little while only and then max out at the end of the month. See what if I can hit another 20lb PR in around 3months

Haven't posted in awhile, but have trained a bit at least. Tuesday Nov 20 was squat training and Wednesday the 21st was some overhead work.
    Nov 20/12
    Close stance box squat:
    225, 235, 245 3's 235 was easy and 245 was a lot harder. Odd but that's fine. Next week I will hopefully be getting my new bar.
    Good mornings:
    Light band 10
    This was all I did. Played hockey almost right after this so didn't want to go to crazy on the legs.

Nov 21/12
    Overhead Press:
    115. 125, 130 3's I was hoping for 135 here but I was distracted by my fiance who was training with me so I opted for 130 instead.
    Rack lockouts:
    Did some extra warm ups then...
    185 2, 195 1, 205 1, 215 fail miserably.
    205 felt good so went to 215 and couldn't lift it. It was bad lol.

To make up for no back work the last night I am going to hit a back workout at work tonight. Going to do more of a bodybuilding workout I think. See what happens.

Just finished up. Got to get to cleaning up the place before we close.
    Started with some curls and lat pulldown for a warm up
    Neutral grip pull up
    7, 6, 7 using BW
    Lat pulldown
    8 25, 10 20, then did drop set 12 8, 11 6, 10 6, 9 6, 8 5
    Leg press
    90, 180, 270 10's
    Hadn't leg pressed or done lat pulldowns in a long time so I wanted to see how they felt. Felt strong still and lat pulldowns I felt a lot stronger then I use to. Wish I could afford the Monster Mondo Leg Press from EliteFTS ha ha!

Been insanely busy lately so haven't been logging my training again. Decided to throw some weight around at work again on Friday(I think)
    Worked up to a couple sets of 8 with the 50's with a 35 degree incline bench press, also decided to see if I could do seated DB presses overhead with 50's and apparently it was fairly easy as well.(side not, at my work the fitness studio only goes up to 50's as my boss's aim right now is on beginners and not more advanced people)
    Today I thought I would do some more training in the studio at work as to not tire out muscles before hockey this evening. Again keeping it super short and doing only bench and cable rows.
    Flat BB press
    warmed up to 135 by 8
    155 8
    170 5
    185 5
    The 155 felt really good even at 8 reps, the 170 felt heavier and the 185 felt incredibly light as soon as I had it out of the rack. My form on the 5th rep was compete crap so I stopped the set there. Felt really strong on the bench today, which was nice to see
    Cable Rows
    8 11 or 12
    10 10
    12 10
    After this my lunch arrived so I am going to let the food settle. Maybe do some more work after or just leave it for now.
    Note's about training - I have been dubbed as the test animal for the supplements at work that we have samples on. I tried Fusions Fubar pre-workout pill. I took 1 pill as I wasn't sure what to expect out of it. Possibly should've taken 2 which I will do next time. Other then that I believe there is a chance that it did help with my training. Back to work now for me, excited for hockey tonight. Will probably take another pill before that and see how it effects my aerobic abilities as well. If anyone else has tried Fubar I would love to hear your experience with it as well!

Yesterday was the first time I had done any strongman training in awhile. Some wrestlers came out from the local wrestling team so we concentrated more on them then ourselves, but still got some work in. We didn't have a plan at all for what we were going to do.
    Started with some warming up; included some GHR in with it.
    Farmers walk
    125 approx 80ft
    175 same distance. I think my time was just above 13sec. This is not bad for me, and the 175 felt a lot easier then it has before.
    Tire flip
    500lb or so. Don't know how many flips we did here, but I think I ended up doing around 4 only. For some reason it was a lot harder for me yesterday and I dropped it on my foot which wasn't the greatest.
    Tried the 600ish lb, but did not get the flip. New goal as far as tire flipping goes is to flip this tire now.
    Anchor chain drag
    60ft x1 only
    I think this was everything. All the kids had to leave early so we called it a night early.
    Got my safety squat bar from elite yesterday so I am testing it out tonight. Probably going to make a video of everyone using it.

So it turned out that all the work I have been doing lately made me extremely unmotivated to do anything and needed some time off. Did a little bit here and there over the weekend to get blood flowing in the muscles but nothing to write about. This morning it was back to business and a great choice. Felt great and tried another pre workout. Assault by MusclePharm. Had the tingly, itchy feeling a lot talk about, but it made me want to train thats for sure.
    Safety squat bar box squat with bands
    202, 207x3 using light bands(78lb band tension) 3 reps per set
    Was wanting 5 but 3 was enough today.
    Good mornings
    Started with just the SS bar but my upper back was done so I didn't do these.
    Step ups
    using just the bar did three sets with no rest. 10, 8, 5 reps
    Hypers
    again was pretty much done at this point so used my bodyweight only for a set of 10reps
    Hanging knee raises
    2 sets 15 reps
    Will post video right away

Dec 11/12

Haven't posted in over a week. Sadly for a reason. Last week when I was doing my squats I tweaked something in my mid back. Went to the doctor and he just said to take it easy for a while. So I did a couple of things during the week but nothing to post about.
    Today was my first day back to training so did a short session.
    Yielding - learned about this at the LTT seminar in October from Dave Tate so I decided to try it seeing as when I pulled 365 I got stuck about an inch or two off the ground.
    170 - 4sets 8sec holds
    When first thinking about doing this I thought it'd be somewhat easy still but it definitely wasn't.
    Full deadlift - programming was for 5sets of 3 but since I was taking it easy I did 2
    275 2sets 3reps
    Played around a bit with using my safety squat bar for front squats and hack squats after.
    That was all today. Felt good getting back to training but also feel weak. Time to eat more I guess ha ha.

December 13/12
    Did another session at work today. A full session even, so I am pretty happy about that.
    Push press - 135, 3, 4, 4 These felt good and somewhat easier then expected
    Flat DB press - 50's 8, 8, 7 kept rest to about 1min here
    Superset
    Neutral grip chin up - extra 25lbs 3, 10lb 6, 6
    Dips - extra 25lbs 1, 10lbs, 6, 6 wanted the same weight for both exercises, so went down to only 10 extra pounds. Not bad considering my weight gain since last time I did dips
    Wrist roller - 10lbs 3 ways x2 With my wrist roller 10lbs is heavy, while at the barn 65+ is not as heavy. Not sure why but as long as my forearms burn after.
    I do these with my hands both pronated and supinated but only turn it one way supinated as the other way tends to not be kind on the wrist.
    That is all to report on the days training. Next will be a bench session possibly Saturday

Training from the last two sessions. Finished one just now.
    Bench session
    Flat bench - 150, 160, 170 5's
    DB rows - 70 10, 10, 8, 8, 6 1min rest
    Superset - 3sets 10, 8, 6
    Band pull aparts - mini band
    Face pulls - monster mini band
    Got my hands in closer on the band pull aparts.
    Concentration curls - 30 8, 5, 4(20 4) 1min rest. Last set dropped the 30 and went to 20 for another 4reps. The low rest periods definitely effect these.

Today's session
    Box squat - light bands (approx 78lb at top)
    +200 3 belted up +215 3, +225 2
    Good mornings - 110 5
    Step ups - SSB 10, 8, 7 no rest
    Hypers - BW 10x3
    Hanging knee raise - 15x3

Great session today. Destroyed now though. But need to do more sessions like this to get my strength up

Dec 21/12

Training on the "last day." ya world didn't end today ha ha.
    Push press
    145 3, 3, 4
    Flat DB press
    50 8, 8, 7 1min rest
    Superset
    Chin ups - BW 8, 7, 6(another 2 with micro mini band)
    Dips - BW 8, 6, 5
    Wrist roller - 12.5lbs 3ways x2
    Training was good today. Started feeling drained towards the end but that's a good thing. Forearms were burning.

Turns out I haven't posted in a long time. Catch up time. Not sure on exact dates but everything was done in the order I'll post
    Deadlift day
    Yielding - 170 4sets 8sec holds
    Full deadlift - Worked up to 295 1. Was supposed to do 2 sets of 2 here but pulled a muscle which still doesn't feel good so I guess good thing I didn't.

Bench day
    Flat bench - 155, 165, 170 5's
    DB row - 70 10, 10, 10, 8, 8 1min rest
    Superset - no rest
    Band pull a parts - mini band 10, 8 ,6
    Face pulls - monster mini band 10, 8, 6
    Concentration curls - 30lb 8, 6, 5(20 4) 1 min rest

Event day - The guy I train strongman with is helping train two of the wrestlers from his towns wrestling team, and went to watch a tournament of there's. The guys did good, but got gassed easily so me and him were test subjects in the conditioning we are going to put them through. This sucked for me....
    Each event superset was done for 3min
    Hand over hand/ 80' backward sled drag - 1 3/4 and 1 Forearms burnt after this.
    Clean and press log/tire flip - 100lb 4reps/ 2 flips 540lb The clean and press was easy, but for some reason the tire flip was really difficult for both of us. I could not get a third flip on the tire. Fail
    Farmers 50ft/Atlas stone - 140each 2reps/ rubber stupid ball 0. The ball is not heavy but extremely hard to grip. Again even my training partner had some difficulty with it. My technique also sucks with stones but will get better in time.
    Yoke 50ft/18" Deadlift - 340 4reps/ 225 4sets 4reps This was by far the highlight of the night for both of us. His best yoke I believe is around 1000lbs, mine is around 450 but don't remember. Felt real easy and the 18" deadlift was dominated by both of us.
    Oddly enough the deadlift this day did not aggravate my injury at all. Possibly need to warm up the muscle better when training. Oh and this plus floor hockey the next day sucked a lot.

Today's training
    Bench again
    Flat bench - 155, 165, 175 5's My progression on this seems to be on the money, although had some issues with outside things and did not complete anything else after. Hoping to do some work tomorrow before hockey.

On a side note my goals for 2012 I made about 6 months ago were pretty solid goals. Some goals were met, others exceeded, and few not met. All in all a good 6 months. Still working on new goals as I come close to finishing my current cycle of training. Got a few more sessions left, then I will test out some maxes depending on how my pulled muscle decides to be(healed or not). Hopefully I will have some new goals thought of soon. I will be altering things a bit so my goals are geared more towards strongman. Some thoughts on what I'd like to accomplish this year...
    Deadlift 400lbs - current best is 345 but if I am 100% I should be good for 365 and my 18" dead record is 405 I believe.
    Squat 350-370+ - Current best is 295 but when I test out my max I am hoping for 315. This should be easily attainable.
    Push Press 200 - current best is 165, hoping for 185 soon with a log. Go from there.
    Yoke 750 50ft - like mentioned above I believe my best is around 450 but by how well last event day went with it I'd say this goal isn't to far fetched. I also did a Chain yoke of 360lbs for 50ft not to long ago. My main issue with this is my core stability/strength.
    Tire flip - I just want to get better at this ha ha
    Farmers - 250-275 - current best is 200 that surprised myself.
    Stones again just need to get better at these, technique wise especially.
    Clean 225 - This should not be to hard to reach if I am getting a 400 deadlift
    Bench I don't really have a goal in mind for this. I haven't hit my 225 goal yet, but also haven't tried so I haven't failed. From there I will continue pushing it to help increase my press, and anything else it'll transfer over to.

That's all the random goals I can really think of right now. No time frame has been set yet. See what happens in a few weeks when I max out.

Event/Conditioning day was yesterday, and also played floor hockey Tuesday night.
    Hand over hand/80ft Sled drag
    1 3/4ish/1 about the same as last time, first time around on the hand over hand went really well but my energy levels went into the crapper pretty quickly.
    Log clean and press/tire
    120 4reps/540 2flips Figured I'd up the weight on the log in case the tire didn't go well like it did. I seem to be better at flipping the tire being more upright and more or so deadlifting it up instead of pushing into it like your supposed to do.
    Farmers 50ft/Rubber atlas stone
    140 2/2 last time farmers was only 120 so upped to 140 this time. Wanted 175 but my training partner thought I should stick with slightly lower of a weight. Finally got the stone up. Seems spit helped out a lot ha ha. Yesterday getting it off the ground was easy compared to last week. This event combo should get better with every week of doing it.
    Yoke/18" deadlift
    Did not do. Had to leave early so did not do this. My training partner went to 430 yoke and 365 dead. A lot harder then last week that's for sure, but still got through it a good amount.
    Had the wrestling guys come out this week as well. They did good on the 1st event, not the best on the 2nd(I don't either though) and had to leave at that point. Maybe next week they'll do the 3rd and 4th events.

Training for last while
    Squat day:
    Reverse Band squat: 225 5, 255 5, 285 3. Used belt on last set. Also used a short mini band for the reverse band
    Had to leave here to go pick up my fiance from work so did not do more sadly.

Push press day:
    Push press: 155 2, 1, 3 Used hockey tape on the last set, which helped out a lot because I kept dropping the weight oddly back down which was hurting my wrist. Waxed the wrists a bit as well from the tape ha ha
    Superset: Neutral grip chin up: 7, 7, 6
    Dips: 8, 8, 7
    Used bodyweight on both these.
    Hanging knee raise: 15x3 Did these since I didn't get to them on squat day.
    Will post todays training when I get home.

So apparently I didn't post my last training.
    Bench day
    Flat bench - 155, 165, 175 5's. These went really well. I don't know why the bench at work seems to work so much better then the one at home.
    Cable row(in place of DB rows due to only having 50's at work) 8,9,10,11,12 8reps 1min rest
    Didn't have my bands at work either so replaced them with...
    Rear delt flies - 20 12, 12, 10 1min rest
    Concentration curls - 30 8, 7, 6 1min rest

Played hockey Friday and realized my groin is not getting better with everything I have been doing. So tried some rehab stuff yesterday and more today.
    Jan 22/13
    Adductor exersise - using a micro mini band around my ankle and the other end around my rack I took a step out with my right foot and stepped toward it with my left for random reps. Took another step out and repeat and again.
    Went on to use a mini band for a few reps as well
    Did a random amount of BW box squats and front box squats with the bar only.
    Picked up my farmers handles with 100lbs on each. This didn't really feel great so I decided not again.
    Next was my test of how bad it's gotten. Played floor hockey. Stretched out the groin and went slow with as little running and lunging I could. Turns out its not great so no more floor hockey for awhile either.
    Took a Short contrast shower later that night focusing on my groin only.

Jan 23/12
    Groin felt great this morning. But started coming back as I was moving around at my other job. Back to rehab
    Foam rolled the area a bit. Which wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.
    Adductor exersise again - micro 3 steps out 8reps 2 steps in 8 reps. (total 5 "sets")
    BW squat - 10
    Adductor exersise - mini 8reps 2 steps out
    Hypers - BW 10
    Foam rolled again

No event day tonight obviously. Hoping to get back to that 2 weeks from now. Or possibly give it a 3rd week. See what happens. Adductor muscle is getting stronger. Just seems to constantly get inflamed quickly from daily activities.

Jan 24/13
    Didn't do any rehab today. Instead hit some lifts
    Arched back good mornings - 95 8, 135 8, 155 4. Felt a slight feeling in the groin on the last rep so stopped there
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts - 95 8, 135 8, 155 6. These felt good, no issue with the groin

Didn't do anything much best rest and catch up with things at home the next few days.

Jan 29/13
    Adductor exercise - micro x lots
    Wider grip military press -, 95 8, 115 5, 135 2. Used a grip about 1.5-2inches wider then normal.
    Close grip bench - 135 8, 155 6
    Superset Chin ups - 5 sets 3 reps Did 3 chin ups for every set on the close grips, including warm up sets
    Lat pulldown - 5 20, 10 10
    Plank - 3sets 1 min on 1 min of 45sec on 45 off 30sec on.

Got some rehab stuff to do from someone I have been fortunate enough to meet. Chuck Williams. Did one circuit of the following
    1. Butterfly stretch
    2. Adductor stretch
    3. Hip adduction
    4. Inner thigh ball squeeze
    5. Straight leg raise
    6. Band crossover
    7. Cross leg stretch
    Just did random amounts of time or reps. Everything is feeling pretty good right now. Can't wait to test out the groin next week. Hoping to do this circuit everyday till next week. it will most likely stay in my warm up or at least some of it for awhile till I feel more comfortable with it.

So rehab has begun again. Went to floor hockey once and the groin felt decent. Second time it sucked. So back to rehab. Barely been training again. Did a bench session and did some overhead today before work
    Bench Day
    Flat bench: 165 5, 175 5, 185 3
    Chin ups between sets: 24 total, did during warm ups as well
    Hyper: 10x3
    Leg raise: 20x3

Today's overhead
    Wider grip overhead: 85 5, 100 5, 115 6
    Was happy with the last set. Need to increase weight with these more often. Feel like I'm still doing the same weight I always have been doing.

Hoping to not have to rehab the groin for a lot longer. But might go for extra long to make sure it's good this time.

Bench training from last week Thursday
    Flat bench: 170 5, 180 5, 190 4. Went better then last weeks 165, 175, 185. Good to see.
    Neutral grip chin ups: 24 total between sets
    Had a gentleman come into my work during my training and took up a lot of time so didn't have time to do more. Tonight I am doing my first full session of lower body work since I started my rehab. Hoping it goes good and is the start to getting back to full time training again.

So turns out my Monday squat session was to much volume? Odd but kept it super light and little rest. Just wanted to lift again.
    Back squat: 135 10, 8, 6, 5, 5, 3 1min rest
    Front squat: 135 3, 3, 2 1min rest
    Band resisted leg raise: micro band 15x3
    Hypers: med ball 10x3

Looks like nothing but apparently six weeks of sitting on my ass does that to you. Also noticed on my squat I was leaning to far forward. Possibly only on the later sets but none the less something to watch out for. It's been forever since I've free squated.

Today's training:
    Wider overhead: 100, 115, 130 3's
    Chin ups between sets: 18+5 on last set
    Push ups: 5 sets 10reps 1min rest
    DB rows: 70's 10x3 90sec rest
    Hammer curls: 35 6, 30 5, 5 1min rest
    (dunno why these went so bad)
    Side plank: 15sec a side x3 45 sec rest
    I suck at these^ but that's why they are there.
    Looking at doing some 5/3/1 mixed with juggernaut training in the near future. Not sure how this will play out with my event days but I will organize things as needed.

Monday was supposed to be a lower day but got through warm ups and worked up to 135 for 5 on front squats and something came up. Yay for that. Made up some today

Bench: 175 5, 185 3, 195 3
    Neutral grip chin ups: 24 total
    Arched back Good mornings: 95 8, 135 8, 165 5
    Walk outs: 225, 275, 315, 365 1 walk out each and stood for about 5 seconds
    V-twists?: used 10lb med ball 15 each side x2 1min rest

Was really happy with the way the benching went. Haven't had over 200 in my hands on the bench since October so next week I'll be going for 200 for a double or triple.
    As usual lately chin ups between sets on the bench. They were unusually hard today.
    Decided on some arched back good mornings for some lower body work. These went really good and I'll start doing these more often with heavier weight.
    The walk outs I did because I haven't actually touched over 200 since I started rehabbing my groin so I figured walk out some weight.
    Next week I am going back to strongman and floor hockey as well going to get some overhead work in yet before next week. Then squatting Monday I believe

Last nights training
    Wider overhead: 105 5, 120 3, 135 2
    Chin up: 21 total
    Superset
    Push up: 10
    DB row: 70 10
    Everything was heavy yesterday so I called it a day. Had about 5 hours of sleep the night before which I'm sure made it worse. Might go easy next week on some stuff to give the body a rest.