Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    K so lets see if i can get the last week in the correct order.

Squat day
    Squat
    185 8 (PR) don't usually do higher reps at al
    225 2 apparently was tired
    275 1 belt
    Front pause squats:
    125 3sec pause 5reps
    Dunno why I stopped after this but I did

Event/Wednesday
    Deficit deadlift: 1" ish
    315 1
    365 1 belt (PR)
    Farmers:
    140 80ft
    Ball/keg load:
    Random
    Had two new guys out so I spent a lot of time showing them things and focusing on there training.

Bench day:
    Flat bench:
    165 6
    165 6
    165 6
    DB flat bench:
    45 12
    45 12
    Barbell handle row
    25 8
    35 8

Was somehow tired from the day before and this made it worse
    Decided I'm going to use Prilepins chart for my benching for awhile to see if I can increase it. See how that goes
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149299153 Strongman journal

BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weekends been crap for rest and recovery. Worked most of Friday and literally all of Saturday and both nights didn't sleep much cause worked late Friday and started earlier Saturday and repeat on Saturday. My solution was to do an arm day instead of something more intense.
    DB curls:
    30's 3x6 on the last set I did a drop set going down to 5's. apparently got weak on the curls. Oh well
    Tricep push downs:
    Worked up to 65 I think for 12x3 and then did a drop set the same as with curls
    Reverse curls:
    45 8x3
    One arm triceps extensions:
    15 12
    15 10
    15 8xrandom. Went back and forth till I couldn't do more then 3 per arm

That was it. Got a pump ha ha. Back to regular training tomorrow resting tonight!

School work has been keeping me busy lately. Trying to keep training three days a week. Might be cutting down to two for the next month and half if needed.
    Wednesday:
    Deficit deadlift: 1" ish
    275 3
    285 2
    320 1
    I believe all three were rep PR's belt less but this is my first time doing deficits
    Axle press: push press
    140 5
    150 5
    160 3
    170 2
    Again PR's but haven't done axle presses
    Farmers walk:
    175 40ft
    200 40ft
    225 40ft(Pr)
    Ball load superset with Sled drag:
    48" 3(last one full motion)/2pl 50ft
    48" 3(2nd, 3rd full motion)/2pl 50ft
    Was super hot so was sweating like crazy which equalled to the ball load to be hard. Should be one motioning every rep at this point. Good session, been awhile since I've even done any overhead work so its good to see I still have good strength.

Today just squatted
    Squat:
    250 1
    275(belt)
    300(belt/garage PR)
    Squats felt terrible again today. 300 was easy at the meet and pretty hard now. Groin was bugging me like it was a bit sore. Have to watch that for next while. Wanting to bench tomorrow

Got a message yesterday about going to the barn today so decided to train today instead of yesterday. More of a fun day in a sense, but still got work in

Box jumps:
    39" 1
    Started around 30" and alternated people, doing a jump or two per height
    Cleans:
    95 3
    135 3
    155 3
    High pull:
    185 3
    205 2
    Close grip bench:
    Chains +95 8
    Chains +135 5
    Chains +155 2
    Chains +135 4
    This was fun. I really enjoy chains for some reason
    Tried flipping the 700lbs tire. Had to work it up cause of how short I am. Couldn't get it quite high enough but close. Wasn't planning on flipping the tire anyway
    Medlay:
    300 frame walk 80ft, chain drag 40ft, ball load x5, 185 keg load x1 both to 48"
    2min 15sec.
    Cardio sucks ha ha. Frame was easy and the chain destroyed me which made the ball and keg harder to do because I needed to stop in between constantly. Best time for the day was just under a minute by two guys. Another guy got 1:40 and the other guy got 1:39 so they were super close.
    Really fun day. Update on comps though today!
    Barn comp 3: novice and open class
    Frame: 100ft, 400/600lb
    Log: 1 clean, reps in a minute 150/220
    Tire flip: 550 tire x8 flips
    Progressive hand over hand: car +2pl start. Every 8ft add a plate, total of 80 ft.
    Squat: Max

Should be fun. The frame should be a good event considering how well the 300 went today. Date is November 23rd so lots of time to practice. Log should go well, tire I will have to practice with, the hand over hand is going to be new and interesting for a lot of us and the squat I am hoping to do well in. I have a better squat then some of the guys coming out so hoping that stays that way

Training last night
    Squat:
    225 10 sets of 2
    Was going to do deadlifts but Brent was using his good bar for squats so I just joined in. He was doing speed sets, I wasn't ha ha. Felt good though.
    Axle press:
    120 5
    140 3 push
    150 3 push
    160 1 push
    160 1 push
    Was going to do triple's but the guy helping load my plates put a five on one side when it wasn't supposed to be there. Screwed me up.
    One guy was working on his squat form so did some more here
    Squat:
    135 + chains 2
    135 + chains 5
    Easy stuff.
    Progressive hand over hand:
    Started with 3 plates. Every 8 feet we added a plate. Got to 8 or 9 and stopped. Got heavy but would've been able to finish. We decided for the weight we are going to start with a plate and use something Brent has to leave space on the sled for more plates. Going to be 250lbs plus the plate and sled. The idea is no one finishes.
    GHR:
    This was nice considering how I use to be able to do maybe 1 on Brent's GHR
    Good session, just wish I would've been able to train more rather then help out so much with people technique work. Next 12 weeks or so should be fun leading up to the competition. Apparently we are going to have a mini powerlifting meet on the way so I'm also pretty happy with that idea

Today's fun little random training.
    Snatches/overhead squat:
    3x3/3
    Did 3 reps then after the third did 3 squats. Just using bar still.
    Cleans:
    Random amounts
    Lat pulldown/med ball slams:
    4x8/2x8
    Don't know the weights. Was really focusing on feeling the pulldowns in my lats like a bodybuilder. Terrible I know
    Cable crossover/flat DB press:
    3x8 for both
    Doing crossovers felt weird and awkward but then again I don't think I've ever done them
    Curls:
    2x8
    1 drop set
    Pulldown abs:
    Random

Lack of sleep and a 14 hour day today (not finished yet) equalled me not feeling like doing much so I figured throw some weight around. Once school work is done then I will be focusing on training more again. For now I am just trying to get three days in. Two is easy but the third which will be an extra day is necessary but more relaxed to hopefully prevent any extra stress at this time.

Yesterday's training did not go as originally planned, but that happens.
    And here's how last nights training went:
    Log for reps out of rack:
    150 3 back started tensing up already so I stopped at 3
    150 4 singles. Just did singles to not aggravate the back more. Had lots to do yet
    Frame walk 100'
    430 1drop, legs felt wobbly and gave out. Good run otherwise.
    400 no drops. Felt a lot better then the 430, but need to learn to go faster with this
    Skipped tire as back was not liking me. Belted up for most things today
    Attempted to get my first ever stone, but couldn't quite get it. Might try it with tacky next time for fun
    After this I pretty much sat around and hoped my back would get better. Ended up doing:
    GHR:
    purple band couple showing a guy how to do them
    Deadlift:
    135+chains 5 I think
    All in all not a very productive session. Back feels better today though, so might do some training today as well.

So Thursday I ended up doing some light odd stuff and kind of a circuit. Very weird.
    Ran through everything twice
    Hypers
    Treadmill
    Good mornings (bar only)
    Hypers (again)
    Leg raises
    Curls

Everything was random. Was going to squat but back was bothering me. Will train Sunday though and then planning something for the next while to attempt to train more regularly

This mornings training:
    Squat
    Worked up to 245 for a crappy double.
    I don't know why but my form went to complete crap making this way harder then it should've been. Haven't trained enough lately and sick yesterday could've contributed. Anyway
    GHR:
    12 total
    Close grip bench:
    135 8
    Short session, but better then nothing again. Might be going to train events tonight as well.

Events last night:
    Log -
    150 3 doubles
    160 1
    170 3 singles
    Frame -
    400 100' no drops
    Tire flip -
    540 4
    540 4
    Deadlift -
    315 1
    365 1
    405 1(PR!!!)
    Front squat -
    135 5
    155 5
    Really excited about deadlifting 405 finally! Log went really well this week as well!

I guess I need to catch up (again).
    Last weekend had a lot of work (36 hours between Friday and Sunday, most Friday and Saturday), so took it easy on the weekend.
    Friday I did a more of a stretching session. Everything was done as a circuit
    Bike: 5 minutes
    Bent over Shrugs: 30's 10
    Pec stretch
    Shoulder stretch
    ITYW's
    Hypers 10
    Thoracic mobility exercise
    Groin stretch
    Ran through everything twice. Trying to increase my flexibility/mobility in my lower back and shoulders, to prevent injuries. Don't need more of those
    Saturday did the following (again light easy fun stuff)
    Snatches: With the bar I did a hang snatch, a couple presses, a couple overhead squats
    Did the same with 65lbs. This is technically a PR with going all the way down into the overhead squat as well.
    Clean and press: Mostly just cleaned, but worked up to 95 for some randomness and form work
    Military press:
    95 8, just to get some blood in the shoulders
    Barbell row:
    95 18
    115 18

Wednesday was events, which I felt like crap during. Not sick, but just felt like training wasn't going to or was going good. Surprisingly kind of good
    Log:
    150 3
    150 3
    150 3 (Last week was doubles, slowly working up on this for the competition)
    165 3 (This was surprising) PR
    175 2 (This was even more surprising) PR
    Frame Carry:
    330 100'
    330 100'
    Wanted to focus on speed, next week will be heavier again and then the week after lighter but heavier then this
    Tire Flip: Was planning on doing a couple sets of 4 flips again
    540 8flips (took 2 min 9 seconds. Terrible)
    540 4flips (The first three were a lot more explosive, with a slip on the last flip. Doing this will help build my speed)
    Sumo Deads:
    135 for 5 maybe.
    Deads were just for fun

Today I trained again, finally squatting again
    SSB Squats:
    200 5 doubles with 1 minute rest
    225 1 (Belt) The 225 was easier then any rep with 200 was
    Leg Press:
    3Pl 15
    3Pl+20 15
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts:
    135 8
    135 8
    Close-grip Board Press: Used a foam roller, translating into about a 3 board
    Worked up to 205 3, then...
    135 for 5 off the chest (felt weird so I just stopped, the bar at my work has the rings in a weird spot making it hard to find my positioning)
    The did some ABS, much needed abs. Tried some pulldown abs again, did some knee raises, some hypers, some roman chair sit ups, some plank, and called it a day
    Decent session, but am seeing more and more the lack of ab training and how this is being a negative in my training. Need to do more, even if its on my off days, and do some cardio. Tire flip killed me on Wednesday

Haven't really trained much if at all but did a mini powerlifting meet at the barn yesterday.
    Squat:
    335 was good for a 20lb PR
    365 missed just out of the hole. Pause squats here we come
    Bench: originally wasn't planning on even attempting a PR here
    225 was good for a 5lb PR
    235 good for a 15lb PR
    Deadlift:
    420 was good for a 15lb PR again. Finally struggled on deadlifts again
    Log clean and press: added in cause we are strongmen
    190 for a 5lb PR
    200 missed. Set up terribly but don't know if I would've gotten it anyway so whatever
    Didn't realize till after that I missed a 1000 total by 10lbs with the three lifts. Oh well. Great day and big PR's