mmahpg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mmahpg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mmahpg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mmahpg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mmahpg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mmahpg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Hans' MMA Training & Diet Log

Hello everyone

This new log is so that I can record my gains over the next few months.
    Although I am not in as great of shape as i use to be in, I'm going to give it my all to get to my ideal weight and body fat so I can perform better in MMA.

This Log will record my diet, supplementing and workouts, including the science behind the products I take, exercises I do, and what I eat, why i eat, and when I eat.

The Idea behind this is so that I have a place to go back and see what I did wrong and learn from my mistakes, and hopefully you all can learn from them as well.

Currently I am in a reload period of my strength gaining program. I am currently following Joe Defrancos Built Like a Badass program - Modified version of WS4SB.

During my rest period, I am utilizing mostly P90X Stretch, yoga, and mobility and recovery routines, as well ice baths at night.

The P90X routines now utilize the foam roller - which as we all know smooths and lengthens your muscles, and breaks up adhesions and scar tissue, increases blood circulation as well as helps your muscles relax by activating the sensory receptors connecting your muscle fibers to your tendons - allowing you to recover faster for a better workout.

After 4 weeks of hitting the Weights and ploy hard - increasing my bench form 225x5 to 295x5 - I'm so relieved to have a week off, maximizing my stretching, mobility and range of motion.

When it comes to dieting, I will be mostly utilizing the abs diet - 12 "power foods", 6 meals throughout the day beginning with a shake in the morning, carbs included. more on this diet later.

Also, my daily workout routine is in what I call a "pyramid" - it goes as followed

morning (6 a.m.) - Light stretch w/ yoga moves
    Morning (8 or 9am) - 20 minute light jog, walk or speed drills - Depending on how I feel
    Afternoon (MWF) - Weightlifing
    Evening (M-F) - Muay thai or boxing, technique only, no sparing for 45 minutes
    Before Bed - Light Stretch and Yoga

the idea is not to overdo it, the only real hard workout i have during the day is the afternoon, and T,TH,SAT are off days when it comes to weightlifting

When it comes to supplementation, my main consumption will be amino acids and protein. more on what I am taking and why I am taking it later!

So that about it for now, I will be posting just about everything I do, from eating and exercising, to going out and drinking (which I will do my best NOT to do in order to achieve maximum gains). Hopefully this benefits my training, and everyone who is looking for new ways to eat, new supplements and workout.

Cheers!
    "My body is an army and my mind is the general"

mmahpg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mmahpg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mmahpg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mmahpg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mmahpg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mmahpg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello everyone

Sorry for not posting yesterday, Ended up getting somewhat ill and resting in bed all day, thank god it happened over my rest week!!

So this morning i was back in action.

I woke up and had a hot glass of freshly squeezed lemon and chamomile tea, which made me feel better and hydrated me in the morning.

After a morning stretching routine I had my striahgt coffee and headed to a TRX class (do these on rest week)
    Difficult class, may be due to lowered immune system, but glad I went in to sweet it all out!

My meals for the day
    Health Shake - 1 cup of coconut water, 1 cup of almond milk, hand full of berries, hand full or kale, ground flax seed, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (high in Medium Chain Triglycerides), 1 scoop of isopure (strawberry) and 10g of glutamine.

- After 8 hours of sleep I liek to have something that the body can absorb quickly and more efficiently.

2 hours later - Eggs with Kale and a greek yogurt
    2 hours later - waluts and almonds as a snakc
    2 hours later - Salad
    2 hours later - sweet potato with chicken and broccoli

and before I go to bed I will be having some cottage cheese with ground flaxseed and chocolate casein protein. (More on the importance of this mixture as time progresses)

Now i will be doing the p90x2 recover and mobility video in order to increase recovery speed to get ready for next week... cant wait! =)

Hey all!

wish I could blogged more last week but became sick, no exercise whatsoever, just rest.

Today is the mark of a new 6 week routine! Its been a while since I last blogged daily, but happy to get back into it allowing me to share my experience with others, discuss about proper routines/diets, and put up my daily bodyspace blogs which including reviews, nutritional facts, ingredient reviews and meals of the day.

I actually created a new workout template from what I decided to do last week, I feel its more along the lines of the goals I want and the lifestyle I enjoy. Its something like this:

Monday : Rest
    Tuesday : Am - Weightlifting, Pm - Boxing
    Wednesday : Am - Sprinting, PM - Muay Thai
    Thursday : Am - Yoga, PM - Gymnastics
    Friday : Am - Weightlifting, Pm - Muay Thai
    Saturday : Am - Muay Thai, Pm - Sprinting
    Sunday : Am - Yoga, PM - Gymnastics

More on this day by day.

Also, I will continue with the Abs diet : This diet incorporates 12 "Power Food Groups". I started this diet 6 years ago when I first started working out, it truly is the best diet I have used, giving me great energy levels and maximum results.

2/19/2013 Diet & Training Log

7:30 Am - Morning Dynamic Stretch and Abs

8 Am - Morning Energy Shake (same every day)

2 cups almond milk
    1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
    25g whey isolate (no flavor)
    Handful of kale
    Handful of berries
    1 cup coconut water
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1/2 cup raw outs
    10g glutamine

- This shake may sound disgusting, but it not only gives you the nutrients you need after 8 hours of catabolism (during sleep) and also to replenish glycogen levels, but it is also delicious!

11 am - Snack
    1 Grapefruit & Handful of almonds

1 Pm - Lunch
    3 pieces of whole grain toast
    1 cup of chili with turkey and lentils

2 Pm - Preworkout supplements
    Keto-Cuts
    Creation - 7 (pretty delicious actually, sipped on it instead of chugging it down)

Workout 1 - Heavy Lower with Dynamic Upper

15 minute bike ride to the gym

Dynamic Warmup including running, stretching, plyo and using a medicine ball

5x5x5 bodyweight set - completed the following set of 5 movements, 5 reps, 5 times
    Pull up, squat, Push Up, Lunge, Hanging leg raise

Actual Workout

Jump movement : Barbell Squat Jumps 4x6 - 95, 115, 135, 135
    Power Movement : Hand Clean 3x3 - 135, 155, 185
    Max Effort Lower : Box Squat 6x3 - 185, 225, 275, 275, 295, 315
    High Rep Upper : Alt Dumbbell Chest Press on Med ball 2x25 - 55, 65 (in DB)
    Super Set 1 : Lat Pull Down, DB Shoulder Press 2x25 - (110,45(in DB)) x2

Body Weight Circuit - Performed this circuit 3 times
    30 Pushups
    20 squats
    15 pullups
    10 burpees

Abs Circuit - Choose 1 for each
    Upper Abs
    Lower Abs
    Rotation
    Obliques
    Blank

20 reps each x 3 sets

Stretch

Post Workout

Had a Gluta R&R as well as an Amino formula in order to help with recovery (more info on these products soon!)

5 pm - Burger

90% lean meat with whole grain buns (500 calories)

at 6:30 I went to boxing, stayed there for 45 minutes hitting mits (would have been longer but still feeling weak from being sick =/)

7:30 had a recover shake

tonight before i sleep I will be having the following meal, this meal includes casein protein (helps feed muscles through the night in order to thwart catabolism)

1 Cup greek yogurt
    1 TBSPN ANPB
    1 TBSPN flax seed
    1 TBSPN coconut oil
    25 grams of cookies and cream casein by ON (Soooooo goood)

Let me know if there is anything you guys think I should change, or if you have any questions.

Also, I will start posting on bodyblog so stay tuned for alot of interesting recipies, reviews and updates.

Thanks!

Registered User FatSoccerPlayer's Avatar
    FatSoccerPlayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatSoccerPlayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatSoccerPlayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatSoccerPlayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatSoccerPlayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatSoccerPlayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatSoccerPlayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatSoccerPlayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatSoccerPlayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatSoccerPlayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatSoccerPlayer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You a dedicated striker or are you going to work grappling into your schedule? Looks like a good start so far, good luck