LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10)

ITT: Leon's Progress Journal - Mind, Bodybuild and Soul

Background:
    From day 1 I set a huge goal with my physique – to achieve aesthetics. I have always believed it was possible for me to achieve the best physique I possibly can from day 1, and as I draw nearer to my goal, I know one day I will be where I want to be.

I started to lift weights for fun. I stumbled across the transformation section of bodybuilding by luck, and saw people with similar physiques to mine at the time doing amazing things and seriously transforming their lives. As soon as I realised that I had the potential to do the same, I started researching - a lot. I would read for hours and hours. I enjoyed reading about this subject, as I knew all this knowledge would one day be applied in my life.

I had to make a choice - Do I continue partying myself into an early grave, or do I start to set an example to my friends and family? I knew there would be no quick fixes, and I would have to grind each day. But I taught myself discipline. I pulled my finger out. I quit smoking and stopped messing around. I embarked on a new journey in April of 2013, and started taking my training seriously.

I really started watching what I was eating at this point, and as I am a chef, I had a variety of ways to hit macros and would rarely miss meals as of my work environment. I trained 5-6 days per week, and would do a split, in the order of back, chest, shoulders, legs, arms and occasionally doing an ab day on Saturday. I trained heavy, 6-8 reps for the majority of my sets, and would incorporate drop sets and super sets. I had a great training partner throughout this time, and have a lot to thank him for.
    Before

In February, I decided I would go to work a Ski season in France. It was a great experience, but I knew it wouldn’t last forever, and it was time to get back to England and crack on with my goals.

Once I arrived back, I found a gym called Ironman Bodybuilding Centre, in Preston. I went for a day, and knew that this is the environment I should be around – it’s about as serious as gyms get.

I’ve been training there for 5 weeks now, and am slowly adding weight again. I’m going to update this thread as much as I can on my nutrition, meal prep, supplementation and workouts. I work full time, but still try and fit in 5 workouts a week and hitting my macros.

I'm currently hitting around
    200g Protein
    250g Carbohydrates
    100g Fat

My goal is
    300g Protein
    350g Carbohydrates
    50-100g Fats

Throughout this week, I am going to post my workout plan I will follow, my daily meal plan I will follow, and some pictures on how I prepare my foods. I work with Italian food, so hopefully I can give you a few ideas on how to make food more fun.

Short Term Goals
    80 Kilograms
    Get shredded and get on Stage
    Achieve level 2 Gym Instructor Course

iHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) iHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) iHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) iHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) iHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) iHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) iHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) iHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) iHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) iHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) iHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice, this is Corona

LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by iHurricane View Post
    Nice, this is Corona
    Sup man

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if your going to get up to 176 pounds why would you need 300g of protein? Thats overkill.
    You would be fine with 200-225g max.

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    if your going to get up to 176 pounds why would you need 300g of protein? Thats overkill.
    You would be fine with 200-225g max.
    I've been hitting around 200g of Protein daily and my gains have more or less come to a halt.

I hear a variety of different opinions on protein intake, so I'm going to try increasing it, if it works - great, if not - readjust.

Maybe you're right with the overkill - do you think upping it slowly til i'm seeing steady gains again would work best?

Thanks for your input, repped

Originally Posted by LeonBest View Post
    I've been hitting around 200g of Protein daily and my gains have more or less come to a halt.

I hear a variety of different opinions on protein intake, so I'm going to try increasing it, if it works - great, if not - readjust.

Maybe you're right with the overkill - do you think upping it slowly til i'm seeing steady gains again would work best?

Thanks for your input, repped
    There is no point
    the reason you stalled on gains is a lack of caloric intake, thats the major reason why. Progression in your routine, or periodization of your max loads/weights.

You should check out these articles they should help you a lot more. The split your own the basic bro split of 1x a week bodypart is outdated, i would suggest an upper/lower, push pull legs, or a westside type of split

Eat in a caloric surplus, meaning eating more kcals than you need to maintain in order to gain muscle, size, and strength.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...mass-gain.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...-gains-qa.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree with Bob. Up your carbs and leave protein alone. 300g. of protein is ludicrous. 200 would be PLENTY and you could get away with a lower protein intake than that. Set protein and fat, fill the rest of your cals in with carbs.
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Day 1

244g P / 340g C / 90g Fat

Legs (KG)

Squat
    60KG 1 x 10
    100kg 3 x 10

Leg Press
    180kg 1 x 10
    220kg 2 x 6

Leg Extension
    Number 11 on machine, 2 x 9
    Number 13, 1 x 5

Prone Leg Curl
    110 for 9, 7, 6

Notes
    Hit legs on my split from work, hard. (I work split shifts in a restaurant) Had more left in me on the squats, was training at about 80%. Went all out on every other exercise. Would usually add some lunges but trained extremely hard and had little to no steam left at the end of the workout. PWO Shake was 50g dextrose 50g protein. Struggled to hit carbs as work was busy in the evening, so thinking of doing a shake with just fruit, milk, porridge and yoghurt for extra carbs and having a diced up grilled chicken to consume in bitesize chunks whilst busy.

There is no point
    the reason you stalled on gains is a lack of caloric intake, thats the major reason why. Progression in your routine, or periodization of your max loads/weights.

You should check out these articles they should help you a lot more. The split your own the basic bro split of 1x a week bodypart is outdated, i would suggest an upper/lower, push pull legs, or a westside type of split

Eat in a caloric surplus, meaning eating more kcals than you need to maintain in order to gain muscle, size, and strength.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...mass-gain.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...-gains-qa.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.
    Hi Bob, I read through the articles you sent and book marked the website. There are some new ideas for me to try and implement. Thanks for sharing. I am going to try a Push, Pull, Legs routine for 8 weeks starting Monday and see if my strength increases.

A routine wont cause the change in gains, your caloric intake will
    Drop your protein down to 200g, up your carbs, and overall kcals in general.
    PPL is a good split, but you gotta eat to grow.

Day 2

242g P / 310C / 77g F

Rest Day

Notes
    An enjoyable rest day today. Legs were moderately saw throughout the day. My meals consisted of
    Meal 1: 5 Egg Omlette, 4 Weetabix, Orange Juice + Creatine, Coffee
    Meal 2: Beef Stew (lean stewing steak, potatoes, aubergines, peppers, mushrooms, carrots, onion) and 50g rice
    Meal 3: 50g Protein with 80g Porridge
    Meal 4: 200g Chicken with Soya beans and green beans, new potatoes
    Meal 5: 200g Chicken with sweet potatoes and carrots
    Meal 6: 4 Weetabix (had to get some more carbs in)

Prepped 2 huge sweet potatoes with about 800g of chicken today, and have beef stew left over. Weighed myself today at around 5pm and 12 stone 7lbs. This is the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I think some of that weight is due to creatine which I've been on for about 1 week now.

Why do you weigh yourself at 5pm? You should weigh yourself upon waking after the bathroom (most accurate)
    Also creatine is stored intra-cellular not extra-cellular. You wont gain weight in a week off creatine.
    Lower your protein and increase your CHO

Why do you weigh yourself at 5pm? You should weigh yourself upon waking after the bathroom (most accurate)
    Also creatine is stored intra-cellular not extra-cellular. You wont gain weight in a week off creatine.
    Lower your protein and increase your CHO
    Thanks again for the response, Bob. Unfortunately I had access to scales at that time. I've taken your advice today and upped carbs!

Day 3

280g P / 436g C / 66g Fat

Shoulders (KG)

Shoulder Press (DB)
    25Kg 8 reps, 6 reps
    20kg 8 reps

Seated lateral raises
    10kg 8 reps, 8 reps
    7.5kg 9 reps

Upright Rows with Tricep Rope
    Number 8 on machine - 12 reps
    Number 12 on machine - 10 reps, 10 reps

Shoulder Press (Machine)
    50Kg for 10 Reps
    60Kg for 6 Reps, 5 Reps

Tricep Pushdown
    Number 12 on machine - 9 Reps, 8 Reps, 8 Reps

Skullcrushers (Ez Bar)
    30 Kg, 8 Reps x 3

Notes
    Added a 100g carb drink throughout my workout today, and a 50g serving of dextrose with 50g serving of whey Post Work Out. Made an effort to up my carbs considerably today. After eating all this, I still have room for more and it's almost 11.30pm. I actually tried to cut down protein, but I've been eating large amounts of protein since I've started training and I enjoy eating it. The 100g of Rump was at work - Meh beats chips!

Meal 1: 5 Eggs, 4 Weetabix, Coffee, 5g Creatine
    Meal 2: (during workout) 100g carb
    Meal 3: (PWO) 50g dextrose, 50g Protein
    Meal 4: Beef stew with mixed vegetables + 100g rice
    Meal 5: 250g chicken and sweet potatoes
    Meal 6: 150g Porridge + 50g protein
    Meal 7: 100g Rump Steak

Originally Posted by LeonBest View Post
    Thanks again for the response, Bob. Unfortunately I had access to scales at that time. I've taken your advice today and upped carbs!
    You don't need 300g of protein
    Your not on anabolics

BEASTof94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BEASTof94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BEASTof94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BEASTof94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BEASTof94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BEASTof94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BEASTof94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BEASTof94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BEASTof94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BEASTof94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BEASTof94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keep going man! good job (just saw thread)