Closed Thread
Page 95 of 300 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 8998
    0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Holy chit brahs. So there's a new business in my area that a friend of mine is involved with:

http://brittfitzone.com/

They're new, but it's just a WP site, so I look at the bottom of the page and go to the web designer's website:

http://ccm-web.com/

I click around a bit and see they're pricing structure:

http://ccm-web.com/services/web-services/

All of our designs are custom-designed websites. We don’t use any pre-built designs you can grab off the web and pass them off as our own.

Web Design Packages:

1 Page Packagefrom $550
    5-7 Page Packagefrom $1050
    10 Page Package (up to 10 pgs)from $1950
    Deluxe Package (10+ pages, extras)by quote
    eCommerce Packages (shopping cart)by quote
    Real Estate Signature Packagefrom $3500
    Bring the highlights of your “for sale” real estate to life with

is this real life? $550 for a WP page?
    There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning as the correctly performed full squat.
    -Mark Rippetoe

Mishunyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mishunyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mishunyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mishunyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mishunyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mishunyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mishunyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mishunyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mishunyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mishunyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mishunyah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 0p3rator View Post
    Holy chit brahs. So there's a new business in my area that a friend of mine is involved with:

They're new, but it's just a WP site, so I look at the bottom of the page and go to the web designer's website:

All about sales brah. If you get an referral there's trust so pricing isn't an issue. Some of my clients told me they paid £2-3k for a 10 page html site that looks like it's out of 1995.

Then again pricing on site is sometimes very different to what might be offered in a quote though.

If it's custom WP theme designs then pricing is about right I think.
    - Always Pick #5 crew -
    - LFC YNWA -

Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Guy near me charges 5,000 for the worst html old looking site like poster above me said. Looks like complete garbage. On top of that all of their sites look exactly the same, so is basically a template they created and change a few things around. He must be very good at selling.

I have been charging 1,500-2,000 for a custom wordpress site. 1,500 seems to be the sweet spot for me. 550 for a premium wordpress theme where I just input their company info. So that companies pricing structure is normal, if not cheap compared to some other web design firms.

0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I gotcha. If you were proficient at wordpress, I guess you could make a nice side hustle with small businesses websites.
    There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning as the correctly performed full squat.
    -Mark Rippetoe

Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I gotcha. If you were proficient at wordpress, I guess you could make a nice side hustle with small businesses websites.
    Or outsource everything cheap, make it a full time thing, and make some real good money

ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Making website services is not a bad idea, it is a very scalable business model, the only downside is the competition.

But at the same time, if you choose a service you like to provide and are good doing it, many of the customers come back for more.
    Many people at internet marketing forums are making money off web designing services, search engine optimization services, article writting services...
    The list goes on and on.

Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500)
    i remember when i got my computer (years ago) i got into photoshop and actually got good at it over time, id make stuff for free to people (no web design, well yeah actually web design but i only did them for fun, i couldnt code them so they were worthless, but logos, signatures, website headers, etc). i was so young i had no idea you could actually monetize this **** by learning html/css and slowly i replaced this hobby by video games until i completely lost interest..

god damn, feel like picking it up again, kinda, fuark im a retard

bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    looking to hire somebody to build me a ******** landing page graphic with an email submit form

pm me nigs
    First immortality, then the bitches
    - Vegeta

muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks to everyone for the inspiration to start a website. Getting through the past 7 MISC Affiliate threads has been great. I focused more heavily on the new threads, some of the older guys are out of the game and their links don't work.

Anyways, thanks for the info. I'm working hard on http://battlefield3pro.com/ and feel like I've got good progress. I'm working on good content now, at first I wanted to get info up and pages / categories built. Now it's all about quality.
    *** I Rep Back *** 1k+ nomsayin , Just say rep back

battlefield3pro.com

ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ueki94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by muddyrover View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the inspiration to start a website. Getting through the past 7 MISC Affiliate threads has been great. I focused more heavily on the new threads, some of the older guys are out of the game and their links don't work.

Anyways, thanks for the info. I'm working hard on http://battlefield3pro.com/ and feel like I've got good progress. I'm working on good content now, at first I wanted to get info up and pages / categories built. Now it's all about quality.
    Your homepage doesn't have any keywords and description, only title, and this title is: "Battlefield 3 Pro - Battlefield 3 Tips Tricks and General Bamboozery".

That is a good brandable website but it lacks the search engine optimization. I think you fell for the idea that quality is everything, this is very wrong! Quality is very important, especialy on your niche, but without website promotion you will not get any visitor in the first place.

My advise:
    -> Fix your page's optimization. (Find good keywords, with this I mean keywords with a good number of monthly searches while still having their competition low enough for your level).
    -> Get a ******** page and promote it with funny pictures related to your niche, (This is very important for gamming niche, you can get a large fan-base doing this alone).
    -> Start making youtube videos. (This will help you get at least a slice of the gigantic traffic related to battlefield on youtube).

Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am having some trouble monetizing my site. Currently I am using adsense but I only get a click or two a month. I get 10-40 daily visitors from Google but my bounce rate is 85% +

Do you guys have any suggestions?

My website: http://pineapplenutrition.org/

Originally Posted by Avianize View Post
    I am having some trouble monetizing my site. Currently I am using adsense but I only get a click or two a month. I get 10-40 daily visitors from Google but my bounce rate is 85% +

These are your meta tags:
    <meta name="description" content="The pineapple was given its English name for its resemblance to a pine cone. The pineapple has a very interesting history to illustrate. Pineapple (Ananas comosus) is a tropical fruit which is indigenous to South America between the countries of Brazil and Paraguay." />
    <meta name="keywords" content="Pineapple, Nutrition" />

Your problem is that your website is not targeting good keywords. The two keywords you have on your website ("pineapple and nutrition") are not only one word keywords but they also belong to a very competitive niche (the health niche).
    Before you made your website you should have made proper keyword research.

Failing To Plan Is Planing To Fail

Next time please use http://adwords.google.com/ to see the number of searches (for newbies I recomend going for keywords between 1000-3000 exact monthly searches) and use http://majesticseo.com to check the number of backlinks to the top 3 competitors.
    If you see the top 3 websites are very targeted towards your keywords (have that keyoword in title, description and keyword tags) and majesticseo says that the page has more than 100-200 backlinks, then it is time to find another keyword.

Note: This is, of course, if you want to go through less troubles, if you write outstanding content and have a good marketing plan for your website (make use of ********, youtube, twitter...) then you can really go for any keyword you want. But if you are trying to rank in google make sure you do proper keyword research.

ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Seems about right, especially since most of their work isn't that good. Typicaly a dev who works with WordPress charges a minimum of $1k-$3k, and I'm not talking about the people from sites like freelancer or fiverr who steal other people's work or use some pre-made themes with zero customizations. I'm talking a unique looking and customized template, even if it's based on something like Thesis.
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by ispy View Post
    Seems about right, especially since most of their work isn't that good. Typicaly a dev who works with WordPress charges a minimum of $1k-$3k, and I'm not talking about the people from sites like freelancer or fiverr who steal other people's work or use some pre-made themes with zero customizations. I'm talking a unique looking and customized template, even if it's based on something like Thesis.
    seriously? how hard is wordpress? i thought it was made for beginners, how long does it take them to do one page?

i know absolutely nothing, excuse my ignorance

ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Amazeme View Post
    seriously? how hard is wordpress? i thought it was made for beginners, how long does it take them to do one page?
    WordPress shouldn't be hard if you know HTML, CSS and PHP.
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Amazeme View Post

The ignorance you have on the subject is the exact same as those who pay 550 for one page

people just don't know and don't want to waste time learning when they can just pay for it
    First immortality, then the bitches
    - Vegeta

muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000) muddyrover is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ueki94 View Post
    My advise:
    -> Fix your page's optimization. (Find good keywords, with this I mean keywords with a good number of monthly searches while still having their competition low enough for your level).
    -> Get a ******** page and promote it with funny pictures related to your niche, (This is very important for gamming niche, you can get a large fan-base doing this alone).
    -> Start making youtube videos. (This will help you get at least a slice of the gigantic traffic related to battlefield on youtube).
    much appreciated advise, working on that now
    repped

dumb question, besides updating Title and Description, how do you get keywords in on your homepage if it's not a static page?
    Do you recommend a static page, or one that constantly updates with newest posts?
    Last edited by muddyrover; 02-24-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    *** I Rep Back *** 1k+ nomsayin , Just say rep back

battlefield3pro.com

Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000) Avianize is just really nice. (+1000)
    Note: This is, of course, if you want to go through less troubles, if you write outstanding content and have a good marketing plan for your website (make use of ********, youtube, twitter...) then you can really go for any keyword you want. But if you are trying to rank in google make sure you do proper keyword research.
    You are right, I didn't fully think through my monetization plan. That is why I am asking for some opinions. However, I am ranked on the first page of Google. I have been floating around position 2-5 for a couple months now.

much appreciated advise, working on that now
    repped

dumb question, besides updating Title and Description, how do you get keywords in on your homepage if it's not a static page?
    Do you recommend a static page, or one that constantly updates with newest posts?
    You need to change title, description and meta keywords. I suggest you install All in one seo as you are using wordpress.
    I recomend a non-static page, but you should update your look to something more modern, like this:
    http://themeforest.net/item/mymagazi...preview/117066

Notice the slider and the organized posts bellow. This type of theme might decrese your adsense CTR but it will improve your bounce rate and make the visitor more likely to come back. Plus, it is much more monetizable through affiliate links and purchased ads.

You can find many of the themes on that website on the web for free if you look for "theme title"+nulled in google. (without the "+" and "theme title" being the name of the theme".
    Make sure to buy the theme if you enjoyed it.

MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Making website services is not a bad idea, it is a very scalable business model, the only downside is the competition.

But at the same time, if you choose a service you like to provide and are good doing it, many of the customers come back for more.
    Many people at internet marketing forums are making money off web designing services, search engine optimization services, article writting services...
    The list goes on and on.
    Offering specialized services is where the money is at. However things are getting simplified by the hour. So I would suggest to you guys to always be up to date on any new coding software and what not otherwise, you will fall behind into the crowd of people who will not need you.

You are right, I didn't fully think through my monetization plan. That is why I am asking for some opinions. However, I am ranked on the first page of Google. I have been floating around position 2-5 for a couple months now.
    I said that because I didn't think pineapple nutrition would have many searches. It actually has 3.6k searches per month so it is really not bad.

You can easily climb to 1st or 2nd if you add "pinapple nutrition" to your meta keywords and shorten your description (it is too long). Make sure your keyword density for "pineapple nutrition" is around 2% for your home page text.

pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

lose the popup lightbox with the ******** like in it, it makes me want to instantly x out of your site

pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

1. people are bouncing because your website does not look and feel professional.

2. If you want more $, you need more visitors. Look up the sites you are competing with for first page on your top keywords, check out where they have links from, and try to get some links on those same pages.

SEOMoz's open site explorer is useful for this, but it's paid. You could however do this same thing in google by using site and url operators.

search for this
    url:competitorsite.com -site:competitorsite.com

This will show all the external links to your competitor's site.

You need to change title, description and meta keywords. I suggest you install All in one seo as you are using wordpress.
    I recomend a non-static page, but you should update your look to something more modern, like this:
    http://themeforest.net/item/mymagazi...preview/117066

Notice the slider and the organized posts bellow. This type of theme might decrese your adsense CTR but it will improve your bounce rate and make the visitor more likely to come back. Plus, it is much more monetizable through affiliate links and purchased ads.

You can find many of the themes on that website on the web for free if you look for "theme title"+nulled in google. (without the "+" and "theme title" being the name of the theme".
    Make sure to buy the theme if you enjoyed it.
    ignore the bold, this is a waste of time (meta keywords are 100% useless)

I said that because I didn't think pineapple nutrition would have many searches. It actually has 3.6k searches per month so it is really not bad.

You can easily climb to 1st or 2nd if you add "pinapple nutrition" to your meta keywords and shorten your description (it is too long). Make sure your keyword density for "pineapple nutrition" is around 2% for your home page text.
    again, no.

Jack4456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack4456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Jack4456 View Post
    Whats the legal issues with using the 'thisiswhyimbroke' theme?? can they put in a DMCA notice or anything?

anyone know? bumping for answers

ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Question for the css kings in here.

I have two css files.

style.css
    custom.css

In custom.css I have css that overrides the original css in style.css.

In custom.css I have:

.hentry { something here };

#portfolio .hentry { something here }

#portfolio .hentry keeps using parts of css from .hentry in custom.css

Therefor I want #portfolio .hentry to ignore everything in custom.css and to use the original style from .hentry in style.css.

Is there any way I can do this without having to copy a ****load of css from style.css into custom.css under #portfolio .hentry?
    Once again the gods spread the cheeks to ram cock in fuçking ass!

SaniK is just really nice. (+1000) SaniK is just really nice. (+1000) SaniK is just really nice. (+1000) SaniK is just really nice. (+1000) SaniK is just really nice. (+1000) SaniK is just really nice. (+1000) SaniK is just really nice. (+1000) SaniK is just really nice. (+1000) SaniK is just really nice. (+1000) SaniK is just really nice. (+1000) SaniK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ubermario View Post
    Question for the css kings in here.

I have two css files.

style.css
    custom.css

In custom.css I have css that overrides the original css in style.css.

In custom.css I have:

.hentry { something here };

#portfolio .hentry { something here }

#portfolio .hentry keeps using parts of css from .hentry in custom.css

Therefor I want #portfolio .hentry to ignore everything in custom.css and to use the original style from .hentry in style.css.

Is there any way I can do this without having to copy a ****load of css from style.css into custom.css under #portfolio .hentry?
    #portfolio .hentry should override any css tags that are the same in .hentry because it is more specific and therefore takes precedence. With that said, it will also use everything from .hentry that isn't overridden which seems to be what you are complaining about. It's hard to know without looking at it. Don't forget that you can simple add multiple tags to css if you want the same stuff to happen to each like this:

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5 {color:#fff;}

will affect all of those instead of having to copy it for multiple

PremierAccount will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierAccount will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierAccount will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierAccount will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierAccount will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierAccount will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierAccount will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierAccount will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierAccount will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierAccount will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierAccount will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any brahs around to email me the Thisiswhyimbroke theme? Small Reps

ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ubermario is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SaniK View Post
    #portfolio .hentry should override any css tags that are the same in .hentry because it is more specific and therefore takes precedence. With that said, it will also use everything from .hentry that isn't overridden which seems to be what you are complaining about. It's hard to know without looking at it. Don't forget that you can simple add multiple tags to css if you want the same stuff to happen to each like this:

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5 {color:#fff;}

will affect all of those instead of having to copy it for multiple
    I know, I was just hoping there was some other trick that does:

#portfolio .hentry { use .hentry in style.css instead of anything in custom.css }
    Once again the gods spread the cheeks to ram cock in fuçking ass!

Closed Thread