Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AD1984 View Post

lol thanks Jay, she's becoming increasingly cuter, and her personality is starting to develop more.
    Lol, just noticed this part, that's how I feel about my daughter, she's almost 2 years old, she keeps getting prettier and more like a person everyday, she can say Mommy and Daddy, but whenever I ask her to say Daddy she shakes her head and says "no!" then screams "Mommy!" lol, it's so cute.
    My Kelei Style Journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150088993&p=990181703#post990181703

AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You guys with daughters make me smile. I think my dad wanted a son on some level, but he got two daughters instead. At least I lift weights and can handle my own, I think it's as good as it gets given the circumstances lol.

This article I read a while back came to mind:
    http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/18...does-push-ups/

AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Day 199: Mar 3, 2013 D2 /30 reps

DB pullovers
    [55] x 10 x 3 x 4 x 4 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 - 33 reps

DB rows
    [50] x 13 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 3 x 4 - 32 reps

V-bar pulldowns
    [130] x 9 x 3 x 3 x 4 x 3 x 3 x 4 x 3 - 32 reps

Seated DB rear delt raises
    [25] x 10 x 4 x 4 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 4 - 40 reps

V-bar cable rows
    [140] x 10 x 4 x 3 x 3 x 4 x 3 x 4 - 31 reps

Rope hammer curls
    [90] x 9 x 3 x 3 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 - 31 reps

Incline DB rear delt flyes
    [15] x 7 x 3 x 4 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 - 26 reps

Workout time: 1h20

The versa's are paying off, I was able to add more weight today to the pulldowns and rows, I'll be bumping the DB rows too next workout. I wasn't able to do face pulls, my left shoulder started hurting after about 5 reps..I thought I was in the clear by now. I decided against OHPing today, I think it will aggravate the minor injuries I have now, so I'll be doing them 2-3 times a week instead of every workout.

Oh, someone commented on my profile today that it's obvious I'm on steroids and that I should be ashamed of myself lol. This is the first time anyone accuses me of that, oh how I've longed for this moment. Thank you random person on the internet for making my morning!

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh, someone commented on my profile today that it's obvious I'm on steroids and that I should be ashamed of myself lol. This is the first time anyone accuses me of that, oh how I've longed for this moment. Thank you random person on the internet for making my morning!

mirin

gjdm

I will probably feel your feel once I break 205lbs lol
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You guys with daughters make me smile. I think my dad wanted a son on some level, but he got two daughters instead. At least I lift weights and can handle my own, I think it's as good as it gets given the circumstances lol.

This article I read a while back came to mind:
    http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/18...does-push-ups/
    Good article. My oldest is playing softball and my youngest is just starting to play soccer (ages 9 & 5). I'm hoping they stick with it, but they're both girly girls at heart. And, yes, I was hoping for a boy at one point, but I'm satisfied. I'm also hoping that one of them takes a liking to golf. Not so they can turn pro and I can retire, but it's a great way to spend 4 hours alone with somebody.

The versa's are paying off, I was able to add more weight today to the pulldowns and rows, I'll be bumping the DB rows too next workout. I wasn't able to do face pulls, my left shoulder started hurting after about 5 reps..I thought I was in the clear by now. I decided against OHPing today, I think it will aggravate the minor injuries I have now, so I'll be doing them 2-3 times a week instead of every workout.

Good Sh!t.
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

NaotoDate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaotoDate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaotoDate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaotoDate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaotoDate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaotoDate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaotoDate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaotoDate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaotoDate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaotoDate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaotoDate is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ah... You're looong gone from the "do you even lift" status. Others jealousy should always be used as a fine source of positive energy.
    What you have to understand is, four days ago he was only my brother in name. And this morning we had pancakes.

Originally Posted by ThatOneLurker View Post
    mirin

gjdm

I will probably feel your feel once I break 205lbs lol
    lol I'll be the first one to call you out.

You're taking creating anyway, not natural anymore.

Originally Posted by litljay View Post
    Good article. My oldest is playing softball and my youngest is just starting to play soccer (ages 9 & 5). I'm hoping they stick with it, but they're both girly girls at heart. And, yes, I was hoping for a boy at one point, but I'm satisfied. I'm also hoping that one of them takes a liking to golf. Not so they can turn pro and I can retire, but it's a great way to spend 4 hours alone with somebody.
    I hope they stick with it, my parents weren't into sports or physical activities so that was passed on to us. My dad was really into chess (still is), we learned that instead growing up lol. It has a lot to do with personality, my sister is a girly girl as well. I've been trying to get her to learn self-defense for 2 years now with no avail, not even anything complicated, just some very basic things all women should know. Probably seeing me covered in bruises and all sorts of lumps over time didn't really help, but it frustrates me to no end that I have people paying good money to learn this and she has me for free and won't put all my knowledge to good use.

Originally Posted by NaotoDate View Post
    Ah... You're looong gone from the "do you even lift" status. Others jealousy should always be used as a fine source of positive energy.
    I never would have thought anyone would be jealous of my body lol. Maybe one day I'll post some pictures of myself at my worst, but yeah, I still don't think I'm all that.

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    mirin humble attitude

your back >

we're similar in that regard, my back is one of my better developed parts lol

are you still bulking or are you recomping now?
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    oh sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, thats all I got to say.
    Active Duty United States Marine
    OEF - 2012-2013

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

Bench-255 D-405x2 S-405

"If you're adding weight to the bar, you are making progress"

-Team Kelei for life-

jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have 2 boys who are boys 17 months apart.... there are times i wish I had girls instead. However I wouldn't trade it for the world. Baseball, football, swimming... my challange is not being "that parent" who thinks his boys are going to turn pro. Those guys piss me off faster than anything. All I hope is that they enjoy what they are doing, and maybe they pick up some of my drive to be better. The last thing I want to do is turn them off to anything because of my attitude. My wife grew up in more of a non-athletic household and she doesn't really understand that part of me sometimes...
    I drag my happy rear out of bed at 3am and am at the gym between 3:30 and 4am before I go to work. I have no excuses and I expect none!

11/18/2013 - 360 degree Labrum repair
    1/10/2014 - Finally released to PT

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jedema View Post
    I have 2 boys who are boys 17 months apart.... there are times i wish I had girls instead. However I wouldn't trade it for the world. Baseball, football, swimming... my challange is not being "that parent" who thinks his boys are going to turn pro. Those guys piss me off faster than anything. All I hope is that they enjoy what they are doing, and maybe they pick up some of my drive to be better. The last thing I want to do is turn them off to anything because of my attitude. My wife grew up in more of a non-athletic household and she doesn't really understand that part of me sometimes...
    My father had me start olympic lifting at a very young age, 5 or 6 years old, I don't remember exactly. I'd front squat and snatch in the morning before school and RDL and C&J of an evening after school.

By 14-15 it was apparent that I was going to grow too tall to make it to the elite level so I quit. That's the thing with olympic lifting, you need to start training very young and you also need luck to develop the perfect build for it otherwise all the years spent training are for nothing.

When you hear people talking about kids being weeded out of olympic lifting programs because they can't handle the volume it's mostly untrue, the truth is that out of 100 kids perhaps only 2-3 of them will develop the right build (height, limb lengths etc) to make it to the elite level.

So if you see someone saying not to look at the training of elite olympic lifters because most mere mortals can't handle it and that these elite lifters were the 2-3% that could survive such brutal training they've got no idea what they're talking about, they're making assumptions. As I've already mentioned, most kids are eliminated simply because they don't have the right build not because they couldn't handle the training.

On the plus side I've got a very strong FS and RDL because even though I'm only 26 I've already been practising the lifts for 20 years lol.

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think we all think the grass is greener on the other side at times. My wife is not very athletic either. In fact, she still tells stories about how she used to get in trouble because she would NOT go outside to play. She just wanted to sit and read a book. To this day, she will read 4-5 books a week during the summer (teacher with summers off). However, she has brothers that all wrestled through high school so she gets the time it takes.
    Your attitude about the kids enjoying what they're doing is spot on.

Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    My father had me start olympic lifting at a very young age, 5 or 6 years old, I don't remember exactly. I'd front squat and snatch in the morning before school and RDL and C&J of an evening after school.

By 14-15 it was apparent that I was going to grow too tall to make it to the elite level so I quit. That's the thing with olympic lifting, you need to start training very young and you also need luck to develop the perfect build for it otherwise all the years spent training are for nothing.

When you hear people talking about kids being weeded out of olympic lifting programs because they can't handle the volume it's mostly untrue, the truth is that out of 100 kids perhaps only 2-3 of them will develop the right build (height, limb lengths etc) to make it to the elite level.

So if you see someone saying not to look at the training of elite olympic lifters because most mere mortals can't handle it and that these elite lifters were the 2-3% that could survive such brutal training they've got no idea what they're talking about, they're making assumptions. As I've already mentioned, most kids are eliminated simply because they don't have the right build not because they couldn't handle the training.

On the plus side I've got a very strong FS and RDL because even though I'm only 26 I've already been practising the lifts for 20 years lol.
    It all makes sense now. I don't think I ever paid that close attention to your stats. You're a beast.

I hope they stick with it, my parents weren't into sports or physical activities so that was passed on to us. My dad was really into chess (still is), we learned that instead growing up lol. It has a lot to do with personality, my sister is a girly girl as well. I've been trying to get her to learn self-defense for 2 years now with no avail, not even anything complicated, just some very basic things all women should know. Probably seeing me covered in bruises and all sorts of lumps over time didn't really help, but it frustrates me to no end that I have people paying good money to learn this and she has me for free and won't put all my knowledge to good use.

I never would have thought anyone would be jealous of my body lol. Maybe one day I'll post some pictures of myself at my worst, but yeah, I still don't think I'm all that.
    This surprises me. Seeing your pics and vids, I expected you to be a life long athlete of multiple sports. Makes your progress all that much more impressive!

mirin humble attitude

your back >

we're similar in that regard, my back is one of my better developed parts lol

are you still bulking or are you recomping now?
    My back really started coming in once I got on this routine, only now I realize how badly it was lagging.

I started cutting actually, I want to drop some fat, recomp for the summer, then bulk again come fall.

It served you well, even if it didn't develop into that direction. It's funny how parents are so quick to push their kids into their own hobbies, and it makes perfect sense. If I have kids, I want them to learn how to lift and fight, they'll both pay off long term.

This surprises me. Seeing your pics and vids, I expected you to be a life long athlete of multiple sports. Makes your progress all that much more impressive!
    Up until 3-4 years ago, my idea of sport was carrying groceries lol. Little did I know at the time that I actually am the type of person that genuinely enjoys the feeling of physical exertion. If only I would have tried it earlier in life. Ah well, things have a way of happening when they're supposed to happen and not a moment earlier.

Day 201: Mar 5, 2013 D3 /30 reps

Front squats
    [135] x 10 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 4 x 3 - 32 reps

RDL's
    [155] x 12 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 - 36 reps
    * pronated grip, I was looking forward to trying the versa's for the RDLs..amazing, just amazing.

BB glute bridges
    [280] x 9 x 3 x 3 x 4 x 3 x 4 x 3 x 3 - 32 reps

Leg curls
    [60] x 12 x 4 x 3 x 3 x 4 x 3 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 3 x 4 x 3 x 3 - 54 reps

Back squats
    [145] x 10 x 3 x 3 x 4 x 3 x 4 x 4 - 31 reps

DB RDL's
    [40] x 15 x 5 x 4 x 3 x 4 x 4 x 5 x 4 - 44 reps

Weighted hyperextensions
    [25 plate] x 9 x 4 x 3 x 3 x 4 x 3 x 4 - 30 reps

Workout time: 1h45

Solid workout. Running on 4 hours of sleep today, but I got my second wind in the gym. The abs bench is gone, I have no idea why they took it, but no more GHRs..and it sucks because I was going to work on doing full ones. Did more leg curls instead, replaced the good mornings with DB RDLs, I noticed my lower back rounds on them if I try to do strict ones and I can't get them to feel right. My lower back was shot by the end.

The glute bridges are coming along nicely. See K, you might lateral raise me but I can hip thrust you and then some :-P

I tried the GHR's on the seated calf raise machine

crippling DOMS in my hammies now

love it though, can't wait to get to the point where I can do them properly without bouncing off the floor

so jelly of your FS.. soon.jpg

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    See K, you might lateral raise me but I can hip thrust you and then some :-P
    Haha, what?

Haha, what?
    LOL. I'm going to bite my tongue here

Haha, what?

you lateral raise 60kg right?

She can glute bridge 280lbs lol

you lateral raise 60kg right?

She can glute bridge 280lbs lol
    I perform lateral raises with 30 kg dumbbells, not 60 kg. I probably could hoist 60 kg up but my form would be horrendous lol.

jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    .... I'm going to take my ball and go home now... jeezus. on second thought, keep the ball.
    I drag my happy rear out of bed at 3am and am at the gym between 3:30 and 4am before I go to work. I have no excuses and I expect none!

adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Haha, what?
    I think she wants to hip thrust you on the lateral raise machine, but who knows, we all know your single now, AD is just "getting whats hers" ahhhh
    Active Duty United States Marine
    OEF - 2012-2013

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

Bench-255 D-405x2 S-405

"If you're adding weight to the bar, you are making progress"

-Team Kelei for life-

I tried the GHR's on the seated calf raise machine

crippling DOMS in my hammies now

love it though, can't wait to get to the point where I can do them properly without bouncing off the floor

so jelly of your FS.. soon.jpg
    Good for you that you found a way to do them! I was looking through the gym yesterday trying to think of other ways of improvising..there are none. I think I'll write an email and tell them to bring the damn thing back, I don't want to stop doing them.

How's your FS coming along?

I perform lateral raises with 30 kg dumbbells, not 60 kg. I probably could hoist 60 kg up but my form would be horrendous lol.
    I know, I totaled it up. Since your smallest lift is my bodyweight, I figured I'd brag about my only measly exercise where I get to push your bodyweight.

Are your arms as big as my thighs? lol (I have a feeling I should word that the other way around)

.... I'm going to take my ball and go home now... jeezus. on second thought, keep the ball.
    Yep, we all know that feeling.

Originally Posted by adamxbomb View Post
    I think she wants to hip thrust you on the lateral raise machine, but who knows, we all know your single now, AD is just "getting whats hers" ahhhh
    Haha I can tell just by your posts that you're currently deployed.

Day 202: Mar 6 , 2013 D1 /30 reps

DB incline press
    [45] x 9 x 4 x 4 x 3 x 3 x 4 x 3 x 3 - 33 reps

OHP
    barx5
    55x3
    65x3
    75x2
    85x2x2 /pain

Rope pressdowns
    [90] x 11 x 4 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 - 42 reps

DB shrugs
    [60] x 15 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 3 x 4 x 4 - 42 reps

DB bench press
    [40] x 9 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 3 x 4 x 4 - 32 reps

Alt DB lateral raises
    [25] x 15 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 - 36 reps

Cable flyes
    [50] x 12 x 4 x 3 x 4 x 4 x 3 x 3 - 33 reps

Overhead DB extensions
    [40] x 8 x 3 x 3 x 2 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 2 x 3 x 3 - 30 reps

Workout time: 1h20

I've decided to give up the bench dips, my left wrist and right elbow started hurting the last time I did them. I'll add more reps to the rope pressdowns and the DB extensions, overall I'm satisfied with my triceps. I can't do OHP anymore, the left shoulder started hurting again today, it's worst at the bottom before I start pressing the weight. I might retest my strength at the end of the month and submit an entry to the misc competition like I planned, but no more until then.

I'm going to add DB shrugs to D1 from now on. I came across a good tip for them: instead of simply shrugging the weight up, pinch the shoulder blades together first, then shrug. That made a huge difference! Not sure if this is common knowledge or not since I haven't really done shrugs consistently, but figured I'd share it.

I'll leave you with some videos from CT Fletcher, I like him. A lot.

my FS's still suck, they got weaker since I haven't done them since january because of a tendon on my upper left quad and the outer right part of my right calf. It's sstill not healed but I'm biting the bullet now and just going through it. It's healing slowly now though so I'm hoping an extra attention to form will just have them correct themselves. The 5lb plates under my heels takes pressure off of it so I'll keep doing that.

But they don't seem so daunting anymore so weight increases will be happening.

We're all gonna make it brah.

CT Fletcher is awesome btw.

awww yeah

my FS's still suck, they got weaker since I haven't done them since january because of a tendon on my upper left quad and the outer right part of my right calf. It's sstill not healed but I'm biting the bullet now and just going through it. It's healing slowly now though so I'm hoping an extra attention to form will just have them correct themselves. The 5lb plates under my heels takes pressure off of it so I'll keep doing that.

But they don't seem so daunting anymore so weight increases will be happening.
    I didn't know you got injured, I thought the calf after your attempt at overreaching would have healed by now. That sucks, man..Give it time and take it slow. I started working legs before my groin was 100% and it healed nonetheless.

We're all gonna make it brah.
    Lol.

CT Fletcher is awesome btw.
    I know, his videos are the best pre-workout supplement.

I don't agree with his snap city video lol. Lifting heavy enough weights that you aren't ready for = Snap city.

But yeah I'm taking it pretty slow now while it heals. It's healing, very slowly, but it's healing so I'm hopeful.

I can't believe how much of a difference that 5lb plate under my heels made though. Felt amazing.. srs

Quad pump of the Gods

Are your arms as big as my thighs? lol (I have a feeling I should word that the other way around).
    20.5 inches cold, 21.5 inches pumped. I'm around 8% BF so my measurements would decrease half an inch or so if I were to lean out properly (for a competition etc).

20.5 inches cold, 21.5 inches pumped. I'm around 8% BF so my measurements would decrease half an inch or so if I were to lean out properly (for a competition etc).
    Just short of Arnold's arms

mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are your arms as big as my thighs?
    20.5 inches cold, 21.5 inches pumped.
    Yes, his arms are as big as my thighs. Now I'm off to the corner to pout.

Originally Posted by mytmous View Post
    Yes, his arms are as big as my thighs. Now I'm off to the corner to pout.
    ... I've got him by .5 of an inch... Pounding my chest in pride! .... Now I'll go to my corner shamefaced.