Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Yep... Ronnie Coleman could have passed the drug testing at any major natural show at his peak. Furthermore my video should have given a good idea of how professional athletes easily get around random testing in sports where it is done without needing designer drugs (although they do help). Testing athlete is a waste of time, energy and focus. We are teaching our children a false value when in the real world, be it business, sports, politics whatever the reality is "those who are willing to do anything to win or be number one are the one's who will do so... those who will not will be passed up by those with the same amount of natural ability who are willing to do anything it takes to be successful without any limits. Either you want it or you do not." It isn't pretty but it is reality and people don't seem to grasp reality very well.

A bit off topic however... this is about fat loss without drugs. LoL
    lol, but this is more interesting. Pro sports and drug testing is purely politics, and they lie just as badly.

JustATeenager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am unsure of my BMR, I am 221 and 5'6 male 16 years old and most websites say about 2050 calories is my BMR, I went from 248 to 221 in about 8 weeks. I have definitely gained muscle because my lifting stats have improved. I do about 5 days of lifting and on two of those days I also do about 20 minutes of cardio. (My cardio sucks). Should I continue with mainly lifting or should I lower my lifting days and do a lot more cardio? I drink Whey protein after lifting too.

Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is it really true that during a bulk you gain equal amounts of fat and muscle? That's what I read on Lyle McDonald's site. That just seems like an awful lot of unwanted fat to come along for the ride. What would be the fat to muscle gain ratio if you just overate without the weight training? Are the ratios different for females and for newbies?

Thank you!

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Katie4004 View Post
    Is it really true that during a bulk you gain equal amounts of fat and muscle? That's what I read on Lyle McDonald's site. That just seems like an awful lot of unwanted fat to come along for the ride. What would be the fat to muscle gain ratio if you just overate without the weight training? Are the ratios different for females and for newbies?

Thank you!
    It depends on how large your caloric surplus, keep in mind that gaining muscle without fat can be a very slow process for anyone training longer than a year... and for some people so slow that I literally mean like 1 or 2 lbs of muscle a year and going 6 months at a time without seeing any improvements.

mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000)
    could you talk about ME work a little, perhaps do a vid on it
    best lifts
    Squat 410
    bench 315
    press 185x5
    Deadlift 420
    clean 275

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mitten View Post
    could you talk about ME work a little, perhaps do a vid on it
    I figure most people understand that concept at least... I was leaning more towards explaining DE work as I have some Mentzer follower types asking questions about the merits of slow reps (which have no merits imo).

pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    How much of a deficit would you recommend for someone who has only been weight training for a couple months, one month of that on your 5x5 routine, who's primary goal is to lose body fat? I'm currently about 18% and going through swooshes of weight loss. Currently I'm eating 1700 cals everyday which is a 500 deficit on off days and a little higher deficit on workout days. I've been stuck at 169 for 5 days now even gaining tenths of a pound day to day. Is there a more optimal way to accomplish my goals then what I'm currently doing? While the scale has been moving down, I haven't noticed changes in the mirror in 3-4 weeks and it's discouraging.

Originally Posted by pMbeast View Post
    How much of a deficit would you recommend for someone who has only been weight training for a couple months, one month of that on your 5x5 routine, who's primary goal is to lose body fat? I'm currently about 18% and going through swooshes of weight loss. Currently I'm eating 1700 cals everyday which is a 500 deficit on off days and a little higher deficit on workout days. I've been stuck at 169 for 5 days now even gaining tenths of a pound day to day. Is there a more optimal way to accomplish my goals then what I'm currently doing? While the scale has been moving down, I haven't noticed changes in the mirror in 3-4 weeks and it's discouraging.
    I think you are trying to cut too fast. Fast cutting often doesn't work out as well as you might hope. No more than a 20% deficit unless you are an expert and know what you are doing. I would stick with 1800 for now, if you stall for 2 weeks do a diet break. 2200 seems like a low maintence for 169 lbs and on my program. Things like cutting or building muscle is a long process.

thompson13b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a Soldier who is about to get kicked out of the Army for busting weight and tape. He has been given plenty of chances, and he brought this upon himself, however since he just had a kid, my commander is trying to give him yet another chance. I have been tsked as the NCO to get him to within tape standards by mid january. He is currently 245lbs, and 28% body fat using the Army's not so accurate body fat calculator. His target weight is 194, which I know I cant get him to in this short ammount of time, but if i can get him down to 22-24% body fat it might save his job. I would really appreciate any guidance, or workout suggestions from anyone here that would know how to do this, im not a total noob in the gym, but I have never really worked out with a plan. I will be able to take this kid to the gym 2 times a day most days, and I plan on putting him on an eliptical or treadmill in the morning because during pt hours the weight room is packed. In the afternoon I thought I would have him doing light to medium weight compound weight training, i do not want him to add weight, but I know that weight training large muscle groups will boost his metabolism. Any help anyone can give would be great, this guy is a good Soldier, with 1 deployment to a very bad part of Afghanistan, where he did his job as an artilleryman well, and I would like to make his last chance to stay in the military as successful as posible. Any advice or guidance would be helpful, thank you.

Originally Posted by thompson13b View Post
    I have a Soldier who is about to get kicked out of the Army for busting weight and tape. He has been given plenty of chances, and he brought this upon himself, however since he just had a kid, my commander is trying to give him yet another chance. I have been tsked as the NCO to get him to within tape standards by mid january. He is currently 245lbs, and 28% body fat using the Army's not so accurate body fat calculator. His target weight is 194, which I know I cant get him to in this short ammount of time, but if i can get him down to 22-24% body fat it might save his job. I would really appreciate any guidance, or workout suggestions from anyone here that would know how to do this, im not a total noob in the gym, but I have never really worked out with a plan. I will be able to take this kid to the gym 2 times a day most days, and I plan on putting him on an eliptical or treadmill in the morning because during pt hours the weight room is packed. In the afternoon I thought I would have him doing light to medium weight compound weight training, i do not want him to add weight, but I know that weight training large muscle groups will boost his metabolism. Any help anyone can give would be great, this guy is a good Soldier, with 1 deployment to a very bad part of Afghanistan, where he did his job as an artilleryman well, and I would like to make his last chance to stay in the military as successful as posible. Any advice or guidance would be helpful, thank you.
    Put him on heavy weights 3x a week, stronglifts 5x5, starting strength, or even my novice program. Heavy weight preserves muscle and metabolism better, which will allow you to dip his calories lower without stalling fat loss as quickly. The main thing that has to be done is getting his caloric intake in check. He has to start counting calories and ensure a large enough deficit to reach his goal or he is wasting his time.

Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yo, cool of you to do this thread.

Some questions about lower bodyfat percentage and fat burning. Should you utilize different methods/approaches when it comes to fat loss in the single digit bodyfat percentages (5-8%)? I've been trying to find some science about how things work when you get that low. I do fasted lifting/easy cardio(walking) the days I can, usually in the weekends. I've read a lot of Lyle Mcdonald and Martin berkhan's work, in a article about fasted cardio, Lyle talks about how " As folks get leaner, the body undergoes a series of adaptations that occur to make getting fat out of the fat cells more difficult." But doesn't go into details, do you have anything I can look up? I'd put myself in the 7-8% range at the moment, counting every calorie I eat and do very detailed tracking of my progress. I'd like to get to around 6% and leangain from there, it's for practical reasons as well as I work as a model and the "1 week hardcut prior to a job" didn't really work out. Do you have any advice?

Originally Posted by Hypnoxx View Post
    Yo, cool of you to do this thread.

Some questions about lower bodyfat percentage and fat burning. Should you utilize different methods/approaches when it comes to fat loss in the single digit bodyfat percentages (5-8%)? I've been trying to find some science about how things work when you get that low. I do fasted lifting/easy cardio(walking) the days I can, usually in the weekends. I've read a lot of Lyle Mcdonald and Martin berkhan's work, in a article about fasted cardio, Lyle talks about how " As folks get leaner, the body undergoes a series of adaptations that occur to make getting fat out of the fat cells more difficult." But doesn't go into details, do you have anything I can look up? I'd put myself in the 7-8% range at the moment, counting every calorie I eat and do very detailed tracking of my progress. I'd like to get to around 6% and leangain from there, it's for practical reasons as well as I work as a model and the "1 week hardcut prior to a job" didn't really work out. Do you have any advice?
    You are not likely to find a better resource you can read than Lyle's work for what you are trying to achieve... although I really have to ask the question... why would you subject yourself to a 5% body fat if you are not doing it for contest prep? It is all pain and no gain. 8% bodyfat to the average person looks shreaded to the bone. You will likely lose some muscle, have to deal with emotional side effects and mood swings, deal with the constant hunger pains, possible sexual disfunction and a host of other issues to achieve somethign that probably is not sustainable.

thompson13b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you Jason, and the fact that you run this thread, and update it so much says alot about your character.

Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are not likely to find a better resource you can read than Lyle's work for what you are trying to achieve... although I really have to ask the question... why would you subject yourself to a 5% body fat if you are not doing it for contest prep? It is all pain and no gain. 8% bodyfat to the average person looks shreaded to the bone. You will likely lose some muscle, have to deal with emotional side effects and mood swings, deal with the constant hunger pains, possible sexual disfunction and a host of other issues to achieve somethign that probably is not sustainable.
    I was around 6% for a while this summer, I really didn't find it any difficult to live with. I really believe that as long as you have the diet in order, get enough fat for the hormones, enough proteins for the muscles and enough carbs to sustain a good workout and have regular refeeds you can have 5-6% year around without any sideeffects. But my approach is not the "chicken and rice"-diet, following intermine fasting I have a good deal of freedoom in regards to what foods I eat, I focus on getting enough proteins (200gram +) from "raw foods", lot of meat, fish, chicken and alot of bread for carbs. I believe that such low BF% just has a bad rep to it, two reasons: Most people who achieve that BF% are bodybuilders dieting for a contest, and they usually follow a really strict program, maybe a low carb diet and alot of the same foods, restricting themselfs and probably not enjoying it, so naturally when they are done with their contest, they give themself the freedom to eat whatever they want, before you know it, they are back to 10% BF range "bulking" up and focusing on putting on mass. Second thing why it has such a bad rep is because its the way _to_ achieving a low bodyfat where usually the problems occur, people have too big calorie deficit, hormones get ****ed, girls lose their menstruation, boys lose their libodo, no refeeds, not enough rest, you get my idea. It's a delicate process for sure. I do think it's possible to live in the 6% bf range without any problems.

Originally Posted by Hypnoxx View Post
    I was around 6% for a while this summer, I really didn't find it any difficult to live with. I really believe that as long as you have the diet in order, get enough fat for the hormones, enough proteins for the muscles and enough carbs to sustain a good workout and have regular refeeds you can have 5-6% year around without any sideeffects. But my approach is not the "chicken and rice"-diet, following intermine fasting I have a good deal of freedoom in regards to what foods I eat, I focus on getting enough proteins (200gram +) from "raw foods", lot of meat, fish, chicken and alot of bread for carbs. I believe that such low BF% just has a bad rep to it, two reasons: Most people who achieve that BF% are bodybuilders dieting for a contest, and they usually follow a really strict program, maybe a low carb diet and alot of the same foods, restricting themselfs and probably not enjoying it, so naturally when they are done with their contest, they give themself the freedom to eat whatever they want, before you know it, they are back to 10% BF range "bulking" up and focusing on putting on mass. Second thing why it has such a bad rep is because its the way _to_ achieving a low bodyfat where usually the problems occur, people have too big calorie deficit, hormones get ****ed, girls lose their menstruation, boys lose their libodo, no refeeds, not enough rest, you get my idea. It's a delicate process for sure. I do think it's possible to live in the 6% bf range without any problems.
    You are right but to some extent it is an individual thing... doing it very slowly with diet breaks, refeeds etc is the lest stressful way to do it, but some people no matter what methods they use cannot sustain it due to the mood swings, loss of sex drive/function etc. If you are one who can do so, more power to you, but it is important to keep in mind that some people cannot get away with it. I can't go under 8% bf for example without massive mood swings. I'm pretty unbearable to be around.

erica8787 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erica8787 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erica8787 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erica8787 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erica8787 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erica8787 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erica8787 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erica8787 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erica8787 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erica8787 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erica8787 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for making these videos and sharing your information and knowledge.

Registered User Blownchevelle68's Avatar
    Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Jason-Thanks for the information. I have been on and off this board for a few years but I recently gained a considerable amount of weight this year because of my lack eating control and stopped going to my gym. I am starting over and wanted to ask if you would look over my information.

39 years old
    6'1" 284lbs
    Sedentary-desk job
    Goal weight: Long term 230ish Short term 245 by May 2013

Not sure if my calculations are right, but I've come up with 2300 cals daily for weight loss, 2900 daily will maintain where Im at? So I need to shoot for around 240g protein daily, don't go over 2300 cals to lose?

Gym plans: doing treadmill/eliptical 2 times per week and 3 days lifting (looking at Allpro's workout on this site)

Is this correct or what do you reccomend? Thanks!
    Starting weight: 266.6 (1/8/17)
    Goal weight: 178

January-March fat loss motivation thread.

Goal = 245
    Jan 1-266.4|Jan 8-266.6|Jan 15-264.4|Jan 22-266|Jan 29-xxx
    Feb 5-xxx|Feb 12-xxx|Feb 19-xxx|Feb 26-xxx
    Mar 5-xxx|Mar 12-xxx|Mar 19-xxx|Mar 26-xxx

Originally Posted by Blownchevelle68 View Post
    Hi Jason-Thanks for the information. I have been on and off this board for a few years but I recently gained a considerable amount of weight this year because of my lack eating control and stopped going to my gym. I am starting over and wanted to ask if you would look over my information.

39 years old
    6'1" 284lbs
    Sedentary-desk job
    Goal weight: Long term 230ish Short term 245 by May 2013

Not sure if my calculations are right, but I've come up with 2300 cals daily for weight loss, 2900 daily will maintain where Im at? So I need to shoot for around 240g protein daily, don't go over 2300 cals to lose?

Gym plans: doing treadmill/eliptical 2 times per week and 3 days lifting (looking at Allpro's workout on this site)

Is this correct or what do you reccomend? Thanks!
    That looks reasonable to me. These are starting points, if you are not losing weight or losing too slowly decrease calories slightly, if you are losing too quickly (like 3 lbs a week after the first week of water loss) then icrease calories slightly.

ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey jason,

first of all i would like to say that a month or so ago i was stalling with weight loss and a slowing down of my metabolism but after completing a small diet break and afterwards adding more fat into my diet (both as per your advice) my fat loss has re-ignited! I am actually eating more calories than I did when I first brought up my trepidation here and yet I am losing more fat and at a decent rate and feeling more happy/satiated in the process. I am following IIFYM and eating lots of foods i love rather than looking at a dull plateful of chicken breast and rice!

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE BRAH!

one quick question: i spend the last 10 minutes of my work out doing ab crunches and some planks, since i am cutting would it be better if i substituted another compound exercise rather than doing abs?

Originally Posted by ivxenz View Post
    hey jason,

first of all i would like to say that a month or so ago i was stalling with weight loss and a slowing down of my metabolism but after completing a small diet break and afterwards adding more fat into my diet (both as per your advice) my fat loss has re-ignited! I am actually eating more calories than I did when I first brought up my trepidation here and yet I am losing more fat and at a decent rate and feeling more happy/satiated in the process. I am following IIFYM and eating lots of foods i love rather than looking at a dull plateful of chicken breast and rice!

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE BRAH!

one quick question: i spend the last 10 minutes of my work out doing ab crunches and some planks, since i am cutting would it be better if i substituted another compound exercise rather than doing abs?
    Glad to be of help.

I do core work every time I am at the gym.

Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,i tried for almost a week now to contact you via private messeging...but i am new to everything both bodybuiding,fat losing and well the forum,so i don't know if you are getting my messeges or not,i can't see a damn thing in sent items...so if you whould be willing to give my your email adress or something? so i can talk to you :P
    I whould really appriciate it cuz i kinda have a lot of questions to ask you...and i don't know if i am allowed to do it here in this thread? :P

Originally Posted by Stronger333 View Post
    Hi,i tried for almost a week now to contact you via private messeging...but i am new to everything both bodybuiding,fat losing and well the forum,so i don't know if you are getting my messeges or not,i can't see a damn thing in sent items...so if you whould be willing to give my your email adress or something? so i can talk to you :P
    I whould really appriciate it cuz i kinda have a lot of questions to ask you...and i don't know if i am allowed to do it here in this thread? :P
    I tried my best to answer you just now. Your message is very difficult to read and to understand what you are asking and I get a lot of them every day.

Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stronger333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried my best to answer you just now. Your message is very difficult to read and to understand what you are asking and I get a lot of them every day.
    I just wasn't sure if any of them actually got through to you xD..well if you actually get what i wanted to ask...be kind and answer,and well if not,then it's my bad luck

fmars62 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exclamation I need to lose this fat when cut.

Hi, I was told to come to you with this question so im praying you can help me out.

I am 19, about 5'10" and 162lbs, and still bulking through winter. Now i the pictures below is how I look now, I have had that lower stomach fat and that chest fat for as long as I remember and I always was active, it was just always there...

Now when it comes time to cutting what EXACLY do I want to do? A lot of running? What exact foods should i avoid, when should I not eat food (ex. late at night)?

Also, what foods should I avoid eating when Im bulking. Its kind of hard for me to diet when I am in college. But I have been making pretty good choices like always drinking water and milk.

Thanks.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by fmars62 View Post
    Hi, I was told to come to you with this question so im praying you can help me out.

I am 19, about 5'10" and 162lbs, and still bulking through winter. Now i the pictures below is how I look now, I have had that lower stomach fat and that chest fat for as long as I remember and I always was active, it was just always there...

Now when it comes time to cutting what EXACLY do I want to do? A lot of running? What exact foods should i avoid, when should I not eat food (ex. late at night)?

Also, what foods should I avoid eating when Im bulking. Its kind of hard for me to diet when I am in college. But I have been making pretty good choices like always drinking water and milk.

Thanks.
    I have tons of videos answering each of these individual questions if you look over my channel.

1. For cutting you need to consume less calories than you burn. 10-20% under your maintenance calories.
    2. Never avoid any food other than you cannot control your personal intake of it or you are allergic to it for cutting. Anyone telling you that any one food (pizza, ice cream, etc) will prevent you from getting shreaded doesn't understand nutritional science. There is nothing you cannot eat in moderation while losing fat quickly and effectively.
    3. As far as cardio I answered that in a video just a couple days ago if you check. You do not HAVE to do any. It can be a useful tool for creating a caloric deficit and allowing you to eat more food when cutting, but it is not a requirement.

diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey Jason,
    We have talked before about questions about my bulk, but something is bothering me about my program.
    I am currently on Wendler's which is a great way to increase strength, but I am looking to gain muscle and feel (albeit 2 months into my bulk) that not much is happening and only mostly fat is being gained.

Should I be running a split where I target a major muscle group daily 4x per week? Will my arms get bigger if I don't directly train them doing curls etc?

I am doing volume training and have read and watched your videos on how it's progressive overload that builds muscles and not just lifting so heavy you are going to kill yourself, but just wondering if i'm 'doing enough'

BTW - i am running the boring but big template.

Thanks!
    **CAN Army Veteran**
    TF 3-09 Roto 8

Originally Posted by diesel_3 View Post
    Hey Jason,
    We have talked before about questions about my bulk, but something is bothering me about my program.
    I am currently on Wendler's which is a great way to increase strength, but I am looking to gain muscle and feel (albeit 2 months into my bulk) that not much is happening and only mostly fat is being gained.

Should I be running a split where I target a major muscle group daily 4x per week? Will my arms get bigger if I don't directly train them doing curls etc?

I am doing volume training and have read and watched your videos on how it's progressive overload that builds muscles and not just lifting so heavy you are going to kill yourself, but just wondering if i'm 'doing enough'

BTW - i am running the boring but big template.

Thanks!
    No body part splits for most people are not ideal for hypertrophy. If you have the time I have a long video on the topic of training frequency.

pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    No body part splits for most people are not ideal for hypertrophy. If you have the time I have a long video on the topic of training frequency.
    need more long videos please. forget those noobs that don't have the attention span to learn more detail!

diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the reply, just watched the video, now i'm even a bit more confused....
    What I got from the video as a beginner/novice lifter is that I need to find a program that trains each muscle group 3 times a week keeping a smaller set range? With Wendler's I only hit each muscle group once a week and I go to the gym 4x per week.
    I'm so lost on this bulk.
    **CAN Army Veteran**
    TF 3-09 Roto 8

Originally Posted by diesel_3 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, just watched the video, now i'm even a bit more confused....
    What I got from the video as a beginner/novice lifter is that I need to find a program that trains each muscle group 3 times a week keeping a smaller set range? With Wendler's I only hit each muscle group once a week and I go to the gym 4x per week.
    I'm so lost on this bulk.
    I have a friend who is a strength and conditioning coach and has been powerlifting for 30 years and Wendler came up in a conversation a few weeks ago and I will quote him, "I think Wendler's 5/3/1 is a fine program... but I think it works a lot better for enhanced lifters. I wouldn't put any of my drug free kids on it." Those are not my words those are his.