THE FACTS I FOUND ON WEBSITES. THE PICTURES WERE GATHERED ON THE INTERNET.
For more animals facts:
Camel - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149059873
Owl - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149081493
Lion – http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post969478383
This was posted by the user sixfootsix, and contains all the animals listed below
Gray wolf, Narwhal, Wolverine and Polar bear -
1. The name alligator is derived from the Spanish 'el lagarto' meaning "lizard"
2. American alligators have between 74 and 80 teeth in their mouth at any given time, and each gator can go through 2,000 to 3,000 teeth during its lifetime.
3. Alligators are born with an ‘egg tooth’ which is a hard piece of epidermis located on the tip of its nose. The egg tooth is used to break the egg upon hatching and is absorbed in a few weeks after birth.
4. Alligators have a third eyelid that protects its eyes underwater. It is transparent and lets the crocodile see clearly underwater, making his water tight, much like goggles.
5. A snake’s fang cannot penetrate through an alligator’s hard skin. Due to this, there was a belief that wearing an alligator tooth on you would make you immune to snake poison
6. Alligators also have the ability to slow their heart rate down to about a beat or two per minute, and restrict blood flow to vital organs.
7. Alligators can survive two to three years without eating.
8. An alligator’s bite is so powerful it can bite through a car.
9. American alligators have nostrils that face upward, which allows them to breathe when the rest of them is submerged underwater.