Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

UK personal training

Hello

Before anyone said, dont go in to this business, its declining you won't make any money etc... dont bother Its what i want to do, and it will be what I make of it.

I have been looking to become a personal trainer for a while now and have finally saved up the £3500 i would need to do it with premier.

Although I have been looking around at other companies just to see how much they charge and well.

I found a company called PTacademy.. and well.. you get exactly the same qualification as premier, but for only £1900...

I cannot seem to find much info on these guys.. i wondered if anyone knew anything regarding them?

Thanks Ant

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go for the cheaper of the two. I'm assuming you are talking about lvl 3 instructor cert?

Premier is totally overated, and a lot of instructors that comes out of there are up thier own ar$e as they have repeatedly been told by the course providers that they are the best of the best. Its nothing special and will add nothing to your cv that any other fully accredited course will offer. Use the left over money to pay for other business costs like advertising, equipment etc. If you're setting up business you are going to need money in the bank.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Go for the cheaper of the two. I'm assuming you are talking about lvl 3 instructor cert?

Premier is totally overated, and a lot of instructors that comes out of there are up thier own ar$e as they have repeatedly been told by the course providers that they are the best of the best. Its nothing special and will add nothing to your cv that any other fully accredited course will offer. Use the left over money to pay for other business costs like advertising, equipment etc. If you're setting up business you are going to need money in the bank.
    It was indeed, as far as I can see, PTacademy are accredited by REPS, active IQ and CYG...

Not sure if im allowed to post links but....

http://www.ptacademy.com/index.php

IT was the level 3 yes

Brian 'Tancho' Wrench BrianTancho's Avatar
    BrianTancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrianTancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Melodie View Post
    It was indeed, as far as I can see, PTacademy are accredited by REPS, active IQ and CYG...

IT was the level 3 yes
    I would inquire at a gym that you are interested in working at and ask them which qualifications (if any) they particularly look for in trainers. If they have no preference then go for whichever one is most economic for you.

3.5K sounds pretty expensive!
    Focus on what you are doing today, not what you used to do or what you wish you were doing. What you do today is what matters.

www.tanchofitness.com
    www.********.com/tanchofitness
    Twitter: @tanchofitness @briancwrench

Location: Galashiels, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Kaliena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've looked at similar courses in the past for friends who were looking to do it. You will find that some of these PT quick courses are affiliated with gyms. For example Pure Gym in Edinburgh will offer you a guaranteed placement if you do a course with a certain scheme.

You can have a look on jobcentre website and on there you will find a post from a company looking for personal trainers, I can't look for you right now as I don't have time but have a scroll through and you will find it quite easily. They're very easy to talk to and the fact you have a guaranteed placement with a gym of a recognised quality is great and you can go to the gym to see how busy it is for a client base etc aswell.

Hope this helps!

Marygoround88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Personal Trainer Course

Take a look at The Blackford Centre's Level 4 Personal Trainer course. Fee is just £509.00. Just google it please as I am new to this forum so I can't post links yet. Good luck!

Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Go for the cheaper

I now own my own warehouse gym in the UK (did this in only a year!). Go for the cheaper of the two, its a level 3 qual. You get it to gain a simple understanding and legally be aloud to train people. You start learning when you actually train clients!

I have that many books that i have read to gain knowledge, its unbelievable.

Bit of a tip, when you get qualified, DO NOT get caught up in the hype in joining a franchise health club and freelance PT'ing there. I found it depressing, competitive and made me look for clients for money to pay rent, not for the love of it!
    I then left and set up my mobile business and it boomed, the passion is there, money is following with it.

Good Luck!

Registered User masterjackblack's Avatar
    masterjackblack is on a distinguished road. (+10) masterjackblack is on a distinguished road. (+10) masterjackblack is on a distinguished road. (+10) masterjackblack is on a distinguished road. (+10) masterjackblack is on a distinguished road. (+10) masterjackblack is on a distinguished road. (+10) masterjackblack is on a distinguished road. (+10) masterjackblack is on a distinguished road. (+10) masterjackblack is on a distinguished road. (+10) masterjackblack is on a distinguished road. (+10) masterjackblack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I qualified with Premier a few years ago 100% theory 98% practical and I instantly ignored most of what they taught me. I had a very high and mighty tutor who was unwilling to discuss anything, just memorise and regurgitate their info was all they had to offer. Was very alienated by many of their (her) positions such as all supplements even vitamins and cold pressed whey are evil. You should bench press with a flat back, elbows flared and rotator cuffs impinged. All resistance machines are evil. Creatine doesn't work. Get all of your calories from meat and veg. Basically no difference between incline and decline bench. Squatting low bar is wrong regardless of body structure and goals. Using chalk, straps, under over grip or hook grip should never be needed (yeah ok, gonna go do some heavy rack pulls double overhand) I could go on and on. This was 4 years ago, I hope they would have moved on some since then but I doubt it. Get the cheapest course possible, pass it and then do all your own research. Just read everything on all relevant subjects and decide for yourself what's bull****.
    average at squats, mediocre at bench, 3xbw deadlift raw/raw full natty.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by masterjackblack View Post
    I qualified with Premier a few years ago 100% theory 98% practical and I instantly ignored most of what they taught me. I had a very high and mighty tutor who was unwilling to discuss anything, just memorise and regurgitate their info was all they had to offer. Was very alienated by many of their (her) positions such as all supplements even vitamins and cold pressed whey are evil. You should bench press with a flat back, elbows flared and rotator cuffs impinged. All resistance machines are evil. Creatine doesn't work. Get all of your calories from meat and veg. Basically no difference between incline and decline bench. Squatting low bar is wrong regardless of body structure and goals. Using chalk, straps, under over grip or hook grip should never be needed (yeah ok, gonna go do some heavy rack pulls double overhand) I could go on and on. This was 4 years ago, I hope they would have moved on some since then but I doubt it. Get the cheapest course possible, pass it and then do all your own research. Just read everything on all relevant subjects and decide for yourself what's bull****.
    Good post.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

sashajackson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am about to do the level 3 with premier. Recommended through quite a few people i know. I guess it depends on what instructors you get. At the end of the day your getting the same qualification as you would with a cheaper course (bar a few extras) so you could opt for the cheaper one. But I am personally forking out the £3500 because of the recommendations i've had from friends. Good luck either way!!

Location: WOLVERHAMPTON, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    getoutandabout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    go with the cheap one. what you learn on the course is nothing to what you learn on the job. all these courses are over-hyped and out of date with new research and ways of thinking in fitness and health. One tip for you, have yourself a neish! make yourself different to other trainers. see what other trainers are doing in your area and you will find that they offer the same as each other. find something they are not doing and make it your selling point. good luck mate!

superrobert is not very well liked. (-100) superrobert is not very well liked. (-100) superrobert is not very well liked. (-100) superrobert is not very well liked. (-100) superrobert is not very well liked. (-100) superrobert is not very well liked. (-100) superrobert is not very well liked. (-100) superrobert is not very well liked. (-100) superrobert is not very well liked. (-100) superrobert is not very well liked. (-100) superrobert is not very well liked. (-100)
    "Train like an animal, eat like a horse, sleep like a baby- and grow like a weed"