OrelNBD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrelNBD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrelNBD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile 80 kg bench press 14 year old

Hey, I'm new here and just wanted to have some opinions about my bench press - about the tecnique I know it wasn't the best.
    I'm 67kg and 1.75, 14 year old and training half year.
    I can't post links as I dont have 50 messages... but search for "80 kg bench press 14 year old" and you'll find it
    Was kinda easy

BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not bad bud . When I was 14 , my bench was less than 80 kg . Keep up the good work !
    Fuack science! Show me what you can do under the bar. That's where it's at

- Dave Tate

Sorry, I am not young enough to know everything...

jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good lift.

Traditionally, powerlifters will tell you to avoid pressing so high. You bring the weight straight down, towards your upper chest area. This is not only a strain on the shoulders because of a large range of motion, but recruits less muscles in the overall process.

It might take some getting use to, both muscularly and with coordination, and you might have to press lighter weights, but take it lighter for a while and practice arc'ing your bench press. Curving it downward as the weight lowers, almost to where you touch the top of your abdomen and not your chest. A good lower back arch will help this as well. In doing so you can use your lats to help push the weight.

Try watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUcjOIZc80c

(Also)

One thing very important you won't hear from most powerlifters and bench press technique videos is how much strain pressing to your stomach is on the bicep. I personally generally don't like bench pressing, but if you do start pressing lower, make sure to keep your biceps healthy and strong and working. Pay attention to pain and know when to quit

OrelNBD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrelNBD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrelNBD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys, and originally I'm not powerlifting, just wanted to check my RM1.
    I will watch the video now jt561, thanks.

SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by OrelNBD View Post
    Thanks guys, and originally I'm not powerlifting, just wanted to check my RM1.
    I will watch the video now jt561, thanks.
    Even if you're not necessarily getting into powerlifting, you should still learn to bench correctly. A number of people who do powerlift and knew what they were doing have died doing bench (there's even a thread on it on the first page). I don't mean to scare you with this; the reason I'm telling you is learning to bench correctly can not only make you stronger and able to bench more, but it will also significantly reduce the chance of injury and extend your lifting career.

Just out of curiosity though, what are your lifting goals, if you have any?

gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SumPersonGuy View Post
    Even if you're not necessarily getting into powerlifting, you should still learn to bench correctly. A number of people who do powerlift and knew what they were doing have died doing bench (there's even a thread on it on the first page). I don't mean to scare you with this; the reason I'm telling you is learning to bench correctly can not only make you stronger and able to bench more, but it will also significantly reduce the chance of injury and extend your lifting career.

?
    who has died, unless they got stuck under the bar, or dropped it on themselves? And what does that have to do with where you touch it?

SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gilesmiles1 View Post
    ?
    who has died, unless they got stuck under the bar, or dropped it on themselves? And what does that have to do with where you touch it?
    What do you mean unless they got stuck under the bar or dropped it on themselves? That's like saying "who has died from a gun, other than people who have been shot by one or beaten to death with one?"

I realize the people dying from bench pressing are extreme examples of things going wrong, but that doesn't mean they don't happen. It doesn't have anything to do really with where you touch on your chest; that's not what I was addressing, really. I was just stressing the importance of learning to bench correctly. Injury from bench is a lot more likely to happen to someone doing it incorrectly than someone doing it correctly.

I dont have any goal yet.
    About the tecnique, I'm going to work on it.

I dont have any goal yet.
    About the tecnique, I'm going to work on it.
    If you're looking for more videos on technique, there's a series by Dave Tate (world-class powerlifter and strength coach) called "So You Think You Can Bench" on youtube. There are I think 7 parts to it, but it's one of the better instructional videos for benching.

If you're looking for more videos on technique, there's a series by Dave Tate (world-class powerlifter and strength coach) called "So You Think You Can Bench" on youtube. There are I think 7 parts to it, but it's one of the better instructional videos for benching.
    Thank you, I'll watch them tomorrow, time for my daily sleep now!

gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilesmiles1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What do you mean unless they got stuck under the bar or dropped it on themselves? That's like saying "who has died from a gun, other than people who have been shot by one or beaten to death with one?"

I realize the people dying from bench pressing are extreme examples of things going wrong, but that doesn't mean they don't happen. It doesn't have anything to do really with where you touch on your chest; that's not what I was addressing, really. I was just stressing the importance of learning to bench correctly. Injury from bench is a lot more likely to happen to someone doing it incorrectly than someone doing it correctly.
    the way you wrote your post it says (paraphrase) "learn how to bench correctly people have died benching......"
    and i was saying, in response, getting stuck or dropping it is everything to do with safety bars and spotters and nothing to do with technique..

Any other posts?
    Fixed the tecnique today by the way

Any other posts?
    Fixed the tecnique today by the way
    You should post a video of it. There's probably no better way than to have people look at your form and tell you things you can fix.

You should post a video of it. There's probably no better way than to have people look at your form and tell you things you can fix.
    I did it like the video the guy avove sent me and with legs on the ground, my tecnique wasn't that bad before but it was sucks when I tried my RM1 beacuse I thought it'll be hard so I had a ****ty tecnique, but I'll post a video in my next chest training.