Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How the hell do you eat that much protein each day?

Hi guys, I'm 18, 195 lbs and 22% body fat. I have just got into bodybuilding and am going to be starting within the next week or two. I have decided to start with a cut to get my body fat down under 15% and then I'll give bulking a try. I hope to get my BF down to 15% in about 4 months time.

I've spent a lot of time reading up on nutrient and diet and apparently for cutting you need to be getting close to 1.5 grams of protein per lean body mass, which means that I'd be consuming about 230 grams of protein per day. Isn't that near impossible to do, especially since you're wanting to keep your calories under maintenance? Unless you take protein shakes, in which case, what do you recommend and what is the best time to gulp it down, right after a workout?

PS: I'm going to be doing All Pro's beginner routine. Would you recommend it?

Thanks guys

Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Protein shakes should be taken if you cannot satisfy your requirements. Take some 30 mins before and a few mins after.
    Bulking

Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PushBabyPush View Post
    Hi guys, I'm 18, 195 lbs and 22% body fat. I have just got into bodybuilding and am going to be starting within the next week or two. I have decided to start with a cut to get my body fat down under 15% and then I'll give bulking a try. I hope to get my BF down to 15% in about 4 months time.

I've spent a lot of time reading up on nutrient and diet and apparently for cutting you need to be getting close to 1.5 grams of protein per lean body mass, which means that I'd be consuming about 230 grams of protein per day. Isn't that near impossible to do, especially since you're wanting to keep your calories under maintenance? Unless you take protein shakes, in which case, what do you recommend and what is the best time to gulp it down, right after a workout?

Thanks guys

I eat around 240g or more of protein. Easy: egg whites, milk, chicken breast (the most), salmon, tuna... Every 100g chicken breast contains around 20-25g protein. Every 100g tuna has 26g protein. Just add these to your daily carb and fat intakes and you'll get to that number. (For example, rice also has proteins, so also make sure you count those)
    More pain, more gain.
    ☣☢Constantly listening to music☢☣
    Squats 104kg 3x5
    Deadlift 108kg 1x5
    Bench 74kg 3x5
    Press 48kg 3x5

PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PushBabyPush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Pandaepic View Post
    Protein shakes should be taken if you cannot satisfy your requirements. Take some 30 mins before and a few mins after.
    Thank you! So 2 shakes each workout day, one before and one after?

What about off days?

Do you have any recommendations? Like is whey the best?

Originally Posted by Noise95 View Post
    I eat around 240g or more of protein. Easy: egg whites, milk, chicken breast (the most), salmon, tuna... Every 100g chicken breast contains around 20-25g protein. Every 100g tuna has 26g protein. Just add these to your daily carb and fat intakes and you'll get to that number. (For example, rice also has proteins, so also make sure you count those)
    Thanks buddy! Only thing is, I'm a vegetarian so can't have the chicken or fish. I do eat egg though. Do you suggest drinks and if so, which one?

Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000)

What about off days?

you cant take them whenever, and just take them everyday to help you hit your required protein intake

Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks buddy! Only thing is, I'm a vegetarian so can't have the chicken or fish. I do eat egg though. Do you suggest drinks and if so, which one?
    Try soy protein (if you are 100% vegetarian and can't drink milk). If you can however, then drink like 2 shakes per day or so (20-40g powder each). I forgot to mention, legumes, spinach, beans, tofu and soy products, whole grains, nuts...
    More pain, more gain.
    Squats 104kg 3x5
    Deadlift 108kg 1x5
    Bench 74kg 3x5
    Press 48kg 3x5

Originally Posted by Jericoe View Post
    you cant take them whenever, and just take them everyday to help you hit your required protein intake
    This.
    All that matters is you hit your macros and calories by the end of the day. If that means drinking 5 shakes, by all means.
    More pain, more gain.
    Squats 104kg 3x5
    Deadlift 108kg 1x5
    Bench 74kg 3x5
    Press 48kg 3x5

This.
    All that matters is you hit your macros and calories by the end of the day. If that means drinking 5 shakes, by all means.
    Thank you, you guys rock!

Just one last thing about the shakes, I read somewhere that certain types don't get absorbed into the body as well as others do. Is there any type of shake I should avoid?

The 10 commandments for cutting on this site say that "To be accurate you need a protein blend. In my opinion the perfect blend for someone who is cutting, post-workout or otherwise, is a mix of 70% micellar casein and 30% of a whey protein with a high Biological value like ion-exchange or cross flow micro-filtration whey. 50 mg in some water or a 2 cups of skim milk will do just fine". What does this mean?

SBLovelace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SBLovelace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SBLovelace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SBLovelace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SBLovelace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SBLovelace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SBLovelace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SBLovelace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SBLovelace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SBLovelace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SBLovelace is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Meliih is just really nice. (+1000) Meliih is just really nice. (+1000) Meliih is just really nice. (+1000) Meliih is just really nice. (+1000) Meliih is just really nice. (+1000) Meliih is just really nice. (+1000) Meliih is just really nice. (+1000) Meliih is just really nice. (+1000) Meliih is just really nice. (+1000) Meliih is just really nice. (+1000) Meliih is just really nice. (+1000)
    I drink about 2liters of milk every day it gives good amouth of protein.

dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100)
    step 1. put protein in mouth and swallow..
    Starting weight: 125lbs
    ------------------------------
    #3... Always
    ------------------------------
    Rest in Peace Az
    ~1989-2011~

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you, you guys rock!

Just one last thing about the shakes, I read somewhere that certain types don't get absorbed into the body as well as others do. Is there any type of shake I should avoid?

The 10 commandments for cutting on this site say that "To be accurate you need a protein blend. In my opinion the perfect blend for someone who is cutting, post-workout or otherwise, is a mix of 70% micellar casein and 30% of a whey protein with a high Biological value like ion-exchange or cross flow micro-filtration whey. 50 mg in some water or a 2 cups of skim milk will do just fine". What does this mean?

a load of crap... comments like that just make people confused, disregard it.

BTW, a lot of the time if you google something related to nutrition you will end up in a website that will give you innacuarate information, so be wary.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

DylanHeathcote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DylanHeathcote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DylanHeathcote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Supplements, you''ll actually be surprised how fast protein add up if you record it all down using something like myfitnesspal online
    New Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DylanHeathcote

geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Get some whey/casein, have 1/1.5 scoops whey protein post workout which will yield ~30-35g and another 1 scoop casein before bed which will total over 50-60g protein from supps alone. Remember this is only necessary if you can't get enough protein through your daily diet. Try and eat chicken, tuna, low fat milk, eggs, baked beans etc, it's really easy to get enough protein imo.
    Elite Powerlifter

740kg @ 81.45kg [1631@179]
    760kg @ 94.20kg [1675@207] - 2hr weigh-in

IG: @briancookpl

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149793363&p=982377313

Best Lifts in Comp: 656/391/689 = 1736# / [787.5kg]

PM for Online Coaching enquiries

SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try soy protein (if you are 100% vegetarian and can't drink milk).
    That's what we call vegan bro

Thanks for the advice guys, I found a supp shop near my home and will get additional info from there. I'll probably be having a shake before and a shake after each workout just because it's a fast and high source of protein.

Instead of starting a new thread I thought that I'd just ask in here. Turns out I measured wrong, I'm not 22% BF, I'm closer to 27%. Yikes. So I think that I definitely need a cut before I even think about bulking. Only thing is, some people suggest weight lifting while others suggest pure cardio. Which is better? Right now I'm thinking about doing the All Pro Simple Beginners Routine since supposedly it can be used for cutting and bulking. Is this a good idea? Or should I just cardio 60 mins a day, 3 times a week?

Thank you

vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    U have to mix weight lifting and cardio. Do weights 3-4-5 times a week, on rest days do cardio. And if ur willing to do bodybuilding long time, not just till u lost some kg's, i suggest u to go on Starting Strength.

Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You want to do a routine that uses low volume(not alot of sets) and lift heavy i.e. about 75-85% of you 1RM usually closer to 80%. Also get an app called Nutritionist if you have an iphone or ipod touch. I lost 25 lb. with it and it will really help your diet.
    snapchat:bach225
    U.S. Army 13F
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    ★ DEADLIFT CREW ★
    +Ohio til I die crew+

vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vuleje has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^ This. Apps on like Nutritionist and MyFitnessPal helps alot. It will help u understand macros, u can use myfitnesspal on pc and mobile.

muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ya my meal meat are all protein based then sides of carbs usually mainly rice or broccoli

Originally Posted by vuleje View Post
    U have to mix weight lifting and cardio. Do weights 3-4-5 times a week, on rest days do cardio. And if ur willing to do bodybuilding long time, not just till u lost some kg's, i suggest u to go on Starting Strength.
    I'm 27% BF. I want to be under 20%, preferably closer to 15% and then I'll start bulking. I definitely want to be in this for the long haul, maybe not a competitor or anything but for sure I want BB to be a life-long committment. With that in mind, would starting strength be a better idea than All Pro's Beginner Routine? And can starting strength be used for cutting as well?

mightyillidan is on a distinguished road. (+10) mightyillidan is on a distinguished road. (+10) mightyillidan is on a distinguished road. (+10) mightyillidan is on a distinguished road. (+10) mightyillidan is on a distinguished road. (+10) mightyillidan is on a distinguished road. (+10) mightyillidan is on a distinguished road. (+10) mightyillidan is on a distinguished road. (+10) mightyillidan is on a distinguished road. (+10) mightyillidan is on a distinguished road. (+10) mightyillidan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Protien shakes eggs milk etc

gottagetbetter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Starting strength is probably the better program. If you want to speed things up you should definitely start Doug HIIT cardio and circuit training is also so much better for cutting. Definitely strive for 5-6 meals per day to reach your protein target. Do not use to many protein shakes per day or else this could result in damaging your kidneys and other things that aren't worth it. Tofu is a great source of protein if your vegetarian. Everyone is different so you might have to play around with things before you find the diet and routine that fits you. Hope this helps and don't give up.

rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100)

Thanks guys
    food has more nutrients.

Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the advice guys, I found a supp shop near my home and will get additional info from there. I'll probably be having a shake before and a shake after each workout just because it's a fast and high source of protein.

Instead of starting a new thread I thought that I'd just ask in here. Turns out I measured wrong, I'm not 22% BF, I'm closer to 27%. Yikes. So I think that I definitely need a cut before I even think about bulking. Only thing is, some people suggest weight lifting while others suggest pure cardio. Which is better? Right now I'm thinking about doing the All Pro Simple Beginners Routine since supposedly it can be used for cutting and bulking. Is this a good idea? Or should I just cardio 60 mins a day, 3 times a week?

Thank you
    You will lose fat quicker if you lift weights 3 or 4 times a week and cardio on your off days. Check out kris gethins 12 week daily trainer on here. People seem to get great results and it helps guide you on what to do if you are new to this. As far as protein you can get it in your eggs and shakes. I like to take a shake right when I wake up before my breakfast to get everything going and then one before and after a workout. You can take a casein shake at night if you can afford casein and whey proteins. Thats 100 grams alone in protein
    315 Max bench
    365 Dead x 3
    405 Squat
    Teen BB

Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brandon1943 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by gottagetbetter View Post
    Starting strength is probably the better program. If you want to speed things up you should definitely start Doug HIIT cardio and circuit training is also so much better for cutting. Definitely strive for 5-6 meals per day to reach your protein target. Do not use to many protein shakes per day or else this could result in damaging your kidneys and other things that aren't worth it. Tofu is a great source of protein if your vegetarian. Everyone is different so you might have to play around with things before you find the diet and routine that fits you. Hope this helps and don't give up.
    I love HIIT. Results are great when doing a strict program with it.
    315 Max bench
    365 Dead x 3
    405 Squat
    Teen BB

The thing with HIIT is that it is an 8 week program and you're going to drop 2% body fat in that time frame. I need to drop 10% body fat before I even think about bulking and I'd like to do it in a 4-5 month period of time but that isn't going to happen if I'm only losing 1% each month.

The thing with HIIT is that it is an 8 week program and you're going to drop 2% body fat in that time frame. I need to drop 10% body fat before I even think about bulking and I'd like to do it in a 4-5 month period of time but that isn't going to happen if I'm only losing 1% each month.
    If you do HIIT on the treadmill 3 to 4 times a week plus eating with a 500 cal deficit and your training regime your goals will be met quicker.
    315 Max bench
    365 Dead x 3
    405 Squat
    Teen BB

mystic0608 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mystic0608 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mystic0608 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mystic0608 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mystic0608 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mystic0608 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mystic0608 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mystic0608 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mystic0608 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mystic0608 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mystic0608 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

What about off days?

Try 1 shake a day. You will burn yourself out by taking 2 in one day. They start to get nasty after a while, imo. You can take them whenever you want, doesnt matter the time of day. It could be right after your workout, before, or even while your're taking a dump. But if you like the taste of protein shakes, go ahead and take two, its up to you. Also, try and get most of your protein from whole foods like chicken, tuna, salmon, beef, tofu, milk, eggs, etc...