Adept85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adept85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adept85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adept85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adept85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adept85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adept85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adept85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adept85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adept85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adept85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

knees hurt from squats

im new to squats so i'm still trying to get the technique down right.. after a few sets of squats my left knee was really sore almost preventing me from finishing my legs workout, i injured this knee in footy 6 months prior, but if i push down on the lower part of the knee i can still feel the pain.. should there be no tension on my knees? am i leaning too far forward? btw was lightweight only 35kg

I have a bellybutton The Shoeless Wonder's Avatar
    The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol. you have a "legs workout"

nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your always going to be putting stress on your knees doing squats, only thing I can suggest is really concentrating on pushing through the heels. Perhaps try using a smith machine to take out some of the stability until you are a bit more experienced. Also, there should be a mirror in front of you when you are squatting... watch what your knees are doing as you push up, is one or both of them moving at all?
    A mind without purpose will wander in dark places.

Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    smith machine is good idea to help reduce a lot of excess movement while you are injured

Does it just hurt when you squat or all leg exercises. Perhaps try a different exercise first and see if the pain is there.

MOST knee injuries (unless you really did blow something big and you will know if you did) normally respond to ice, ibuprofen, stretching of the quads, hamstrings, foam roiling your ITB. Chances are you prob have tight something and it is not helping your knee. ONce you remove inflexibility then if the knee still hurts you should go see a physio / PCP who will do the necessary tests to rule out meniscus / other issues of you can't afford / insurance to see them sooner.

I would also advise if your gym has it to ice the knee down after each session plus take some ibuprofen.

tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Adept85 View Post
    im new to squats so i'm still trying to get the technique down right.. after a few sets of squats my left knee was really sore almost preventing me from finishing my legs workout, i injured this knee in footy 6 months prior, but if i push down on the lower part of the knee i can still feel the pain.. should there be no tension on my knees? am i leaning too far forward? btw was lightweight only 35kg
    You probably are leaning too far forward if you are conscious of leaning forward... but it's impossible to say without a video or image of some kind.

Doug- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Doug- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Doug- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Doug- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Doug- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Doug- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Doug- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Doug- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Doug- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Doug- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Doug- is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Simple fix. Stop squatting.

If they are causing you joint pain, then don't do them.

GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    your asking a question of "am I leaning to far forward?" without posting a video. The only way we can conclude that your doing your squats wrong is to actually see the lift itself. So...post a video and your questions might get answered. As for the pain, you can get knee wraps to provide a little bit of stabilization while doing the lift.

charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know I'm going to sound like an idiot - but sometimes your body just has to get used to things. During football over the summer my knees got sore from running on hard surfaces, it went away in a couple weeks. My first squat session in forever was about two-weeks ago (I did a pyramid of weights) and my knee was a little sore afterwards. Did squats today and no pain whatsoever. Just always remember to warm up with an empty bar, and I sometimes even warm-up with 25's as well just to be careful.. Squats & Deadlifts are not things to do with incorrect form/being cold..

asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i would get soreness in my patella tendon sometimes after squats..its from leaning forward too much