Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

zhangkevin is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wrist pain after pressing.

The other day I went in to the gym for my push day. I had a little stiffness in my left wrist but thought it was nothing to be concerned about. After the workout, I started noticing increasing amounts of pain in my left wrist. The pain is on the pinky side and extends down to the wrist joint and part of my hand. I can't do any pressing, side lateral raise, dumbbell curls, and whole lot of other exercises. It even hurts when I pick up my bag with my left hand, or opening a jar. My roommate said it looks a little swollen, but I don't really notice the swelling. It really hurts when I twist my hand. I suspect it's bad form. Is there anything I can do to alleviate the pain? Thanks.

Stats: 5'8", 160 lbs
    LuWellness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LuWellness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LuWellness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LuWellness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LuWellness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LuWellness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LuWellness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LuWellness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LuWellness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LuWellness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LuWellness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit LuWellness's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by zhangkevin View Post
    The other day I went in to the gym for my push day. I had a little stiffness in my left wrist but thought it was nothing to be concerned about. After the workout, I started noticing increasing amounts of pain in my left wrist. The pain is on the pinky side and extends down to the wrist joint and part of my hand. I can't do any pressing, side lateral raise, dumbbell curls, and whole lot of other exercises. It even hurts when I pick up my bag with my left hand, or opening a jar. My roommate said it looks a little swollen, but I don't really notice the swelling. It really hurts when I twist my hand. I suspect it's bad form. Is there anything I can do to alleviate the pain? Thanks.
    Definitely ice it. Icing will help decrease inflammation - with a decrease of inflammation, it decreases scar tissue formation (the junk that your body lays down to "stabilize" structures), and scar tissue can eventually lead to pain and limited range of motion. Do pain free range of motion exercises such as bending your wrist back and forth to help with the circulation as well.
    My pull out game too strong.