TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000)

Unhappy Bench press estimates (80kg chest press)

So it's Saturday.
    I'm gonna go to the gym.

Due to the weekend the free weights are will be packed with douches, and I rarely go to the free weights area with the bench press anyway.
    I want to start doing bench press, but not sure if I can rack bar + 20kg either side (60kg) as I have only really done machines. Chest press machine I can do 80kg+ but I know it's not the same.

Do you think I could easily handle 60kg bench? Stats on the left

nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    after a few sessions you should be good, the main hurdle for your muscles is that if you have only been using machines your stabilizing muscles are now going to have to learn how to work.
    A mind without purpose will wander in dark places.

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what if I say yes but you cant. and vice versa.

TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nzbenf View Post
    after a few sessions you should be good, the main hurdle for your muscles is that if you have only been using machines your stabilizing muscles are now going to have to learn how to work.
    Yeah I realise this. Should I start with something smaller? Non Olympic bar with 15kg either end?

Originally Posted by oldballs View Post
    what if I say yes but you cant. and vice versa.
    I'd neg you, kick you in the balls and cry. Then give up bb

nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheTwiglet View Post
    Yeah I realise this. Should I start with something smaller? Non Olympic bar with 15kg either end?
    Just chuck 2 10's on an olympic and see build from there.

Just chuck 2 10's on an olympic and see build from there.
    Tee why

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd neg you, kick you in the balls and cry. Then give up bb
    you cant do it

Tee why
    coz non olympic is for girls

coz non olympic is for girls
    Tee why = Ty
    Geez

Tee why = Ty
    Geez
    Oh I get it now...

pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Always start off low if you feel you're uncomfortable with the exercise. From there, you can evaluate how much more weight you feel you can add while being able to rep it.

dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pvn23 View Post
    Always start off low if you feel you're uncomfortable with the exercise. From there, you can evaluate how much more weight you feel you can add while being able to rep it.
    This^ oso note that machines weight are way different than free weight, however, with your current statuses, I think you'll be able to, but still, start off low n make sure u warm up good.
    “One of the greatest experiences in life is achieving personal goals that others said would be, ‘impossible to attain.’ Be proud of your success and share your story with others.” -Robert Cheeke