Registered User MatthewMolyneux's Avatar
    MatthewMolyneux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MatthewMolyneux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MatthewMolyneux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MatthewMolyneux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MatthewMolyneux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MatthewMolyneux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No Equipment Chest Workout

I am without fitness equipment up until Christmas, what exercises are the best for getting a big chest?

Intermediate
    Last edited by MatthewMolyneux; 10-26-2012 at 01:12 AM.

nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    get someone to sit on you do a bunch of different push ups, do inclines/decline push ups by either putting hands or feet on a chair. You can probably find something around the house that is a decent weight to use as a dumbbell
    A mind without purpose will wander in dark places.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MatthewMolyneux View Post
    I am without fitness equipment up until Christmas, what exercises are the best for getting a big chest?

Intermediate/ advanced
    First, I wouldn't consider you advanced.

Second, as the above user noted, pushups of varying angles works well. You'll likely need additional resistance if you normally weightlift, so a backpack filled with something (etc.) can work.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

MatthewMolyneux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MatthewMolyneux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MatthewMolyneux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MatthewMolyneux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MatthewMolyneux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MatthewMolyneux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    First, I wouldn't consider you advanced.

Second, as the above user noted, pushups of varying angles works well. You'll likely need additional resistance if you normally weightlift, so a backpack filled with something (etc.) can work.
    I meant advanced as in I know the principles of muscle gain, due to being a highly successful biologist in my studies, with special interest in human anatomy and physiology. Sorry for the misunderstanding

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you have a skateboard?

p.s. you knowing a lot of book crap about fitness doesn't mean chit. I have credentials too, but this stuff means nothing without experience. Experience and personal experimentation are the ONLY things you should even care about, you'll just get bogged down in a bunch of crap that only works on paper otherwise.

Do you have any idea how many skinny weak *******s I used to see in uni curling a 25 pound dumbbell more slowly because they wanted to "hit the slow twitch muscle fibers?" Do you have any idea how many people on these forums seem to know all kinds of science but can't lift crap and don't look like anything?

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    I meant advanced as in I know the principles of muscle gain, due to being a highly successful biologist in my studies, with special interest in human anatomy and physiology. Sorry for the misunderstanding
    Knowing how to do it doesn't mean that you'll be able to do it. Intermediate and advanced in weight training means that you've actually been working out to a high degree - walking the walk, not just talking the talk.

As for bodyweight exercises for chest. The best one is dips. You can do these between two chairs or between a couple of railings. Leaning forward as you dip will give emphasis to the pecs. You can also add weight by sticking a couple of tins in your pocket, wearing a backpack, etc.

Originally Posted by IDrinkBloodLOL View Post

p.s. you knowing a lot of book crap about fitness doesn't mean chit. I have credentials too, but this stuff means nothing without experience. Experience and personal experimentation are the ONLY things you should even care about, you'll just get bogged down in a bunch of crap that only works on paper otherwise.

Do you have any idea how many skinny weak *******s I used to see in uni curling a 25 pound dumbbell more slowly because they wanted to "hit the slow twitch muscle fibers?" Do you have any idea how many people on these forums seem to know all kinds of science but can't lift crap and don't look like anything?
    I notice you don't have a picture and I have one with clearly visible abs, pectorals and low body fat? i'm 18, and look good, takes time to grow. You have to understand how a muscle works to develop it, any other theory is pure ignorance.
    Reach for the stars, and if you don't get them at least you'll fall on top of the world

Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    Knowing how to do it doesn't mean that you'll be able to do it. Intermediate and advanced in weight training means that you've actually been working out to a high degree - walking the walk, not just talking the talk.

As for bodyweight exercises for chest. The best one is dips. You can do these between two chairs or between a couple of railings. Leaning forward as you dip will give emphasis to the pecs. You can also add weight by sticking a couple of tins in your pocket, wearing a backpack, etc.
    I understand the muscles and I experiment with them, thank you for the advice as well though, will give it a try
    Reach for the stars, and if you don't get them at least you'll fall on top of the world

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I notice you don't have a picture and I have one with clearly visible abs, pectorals and low body fat? i'm 18, and look good, takes time to grow. You have to understand how a muscle works to develop it, any other theory is pure ignorance.
    Ok brah, I started out lighter than you and now I can deadlift a car, but if you want to act like that go ahead. I had some awesome chest exercises that slay my pecs even though I can bench close to 3 and do flies with 80 lb dumbbells with good form, but I guess I'll keep those to myself.

btw prepare your user CP for my negs

nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nzbenf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok brah, I started out lighter than you and now I can deadlift a car, but if you want to act like that go ahead. I had some awesome chest exercises that slay my pecs even though I can bench close to 3 and do flies with 80 lb dumbbells with good form, but I guess I'll keep those to myself.

Ruthless!!
    A mind without purpose will wander in dark places.

this website is purely for egotistical meatheads with no intention of advising those in seek of help. give a **** about 'negs'? I don't post on here for good reviews, I post for advice which clearly you have none of.

eonblue12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eonblue12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eonblue12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eonblue12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eonblue12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eonblue12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eonblue12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eonblue12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eonblue12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eonblue12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eonblue12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

whats with all the hate? you menstruating?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    You have to understand how a muscle works to develop it...
    No. You don't.

All you need to know is whom to ask for advice.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is your age?
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

NotoriousMrB is just really nice. (+1000) NotoriousMrB is just really nice. (+1000) NotoriousMrB is just really nice. (+1000) NotoriousMrB is just really nice. (+1000) NotoriousMrB is just really nice. (+1000) NotoriousMrB is just really nice. (+1000) NotoriousMrB is just really nice. (+1000) NotoriousMrB is just really nice. (+1000) NotoriousMrB is just really nice. (+1000) NotoriousMrB is just really nice. (+1000) NotoriousMrB is just really nice. (+1000)
    You have to understand how a muscle works to develop it, any other theory is pure ignorance.
    I understand the muscles and I experiment with them
    "My extensive knowledge and thorough understanding require that I need someone to help me figger out that pushups and dips are bodyweight chest exercises." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bodyweight+chest+exercises

pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Out of 99% of this thread, I've only seen 2 person help out the OP with suggestions to what he should do with no equipment available to him.

You guys seriously jump from such a simplistic subject into one where it leads to flaming each other due to ones knowledge. Who the hell cares, if you guys don't want to help out the OP, then why the hell are you guys just replying back to feed the fire? I know some of you guys also have a whole hell of a lot of knowledge on bodybuilding, but shouldn't you be putting that to good use rather than to just make someone feel ignorant?

Any way, to the OP, if you can get a hold of a 5 gallon water jug, fill it up all the way and it's possible to be able to do CGBP. Push ups, bench dips, seated dips will help. You can try to get those gallon jugs of milk, fill them up with water, and try doing some flys with it. Other than that, best bet is to search up through google for more exercises if you'd like.

dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^ This guy speaks real.
    “One of the greatest experiences in life is achieving personal goals that others said would be, ‘impossible to attain.’ Be proud of your success and share your story with others.” -Robert Cheeke