Page 7 of 183 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    Could it be that your stand is leaking oil and the deer are smelling it?

I think it's just a matter of the Herd happened to be South of me on Opener morning. Which is where the last fields were JUST chopped before opener so there's ground forage there, where as my fields were chopped at the end of August and have been disced or tilled since.

It sounds like the pressure from the south has pushed them North, because shots have been coming at Dusk from the north more and more now. I'm going to take all of today and tomorrow morning off from hunting and then go back out tomorrow afternoon to see if things have changed.

Last night I thought I heard something in the woods with me... So hopefully I'm becoming the safe haven!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Teets are good for a few things.

My best hunts have always come on dreary rainy days.
    In the rain you're silent if you know WTF you're doing, srs.

Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Yeah it's a little strange... The nearest town 10 miles away is super nice, growing small town. Everyone is friendly and takes the time to care about doing a good job.

Most of the people out here in the sticks where I live they are all isolationist types grumpy and keep to themselves, with all the charisma of a badger with a hemmoroid.
    It's amazing how pockets of decency there are in the mass asshattery. I hate this area, everyone's for themselves and screw the next guy. I delivered 2 cords of wood this week to people without electricity and heat. ALL of them were quite happy about it.

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    those trout are pretty similar to the ones around here

they seem to always swim right at you when reeling the line in and it causes slack in the line
    There's NOTHING more irritating than a goddamn Speck doing that, they piss me off so bad, I could scream and usually do.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Yeah it's going to be a definite juggling act.

I'm basically going to be going like a wild ape from the minute the baby is born until the day my wife goes back to work in Late May/Early June... But I should be able to pull off "The Plan."

I'm pretty good at thinking ahead and developing a vision, so I know exactly what I want to do with the automated irrigation system. Then I think it will all just be maintenance stuff like Mowing the THREE ACRE lawn on my wife's days off.
    A little advice from someone who is exactly where you were a little over a year ago:

Spend your time with the kid. Don't try to do everything and then squeeze in the 'being a father' part. Be a father first, a husband and helper to your wife second, and then do your pet projects when you get time. Your wife will need your help . . . a lot. Her maternity leave is not your playtime. I can't stress how much your wife is going to need your help in those first few months. If you don't oblige, you are going to have many nights by yourself.

I know you have a vision and a new house and all, but you have to realize that some of those things are just going to have to wait. Do what you can, when you can fit it in, but be a dad first, do the necessary stuff like mowing the lawn and whatnot second, and then your pet projects last. Don't forget that you're going to have your actual job to do as well as all this. The main thing to remember is that your life is not yours anymore. You exist solely to make sure that child develops into a healthy, contributing member of society and that she doesn't burn down the house or chop off any fingers along the way.

Being a father is as fun as it is challenging, but it takes a hell of a lot of time.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thx for the vid, Fit. I emailed the link to my son, he's addicted to fly fishing.
    YW. I really like flyfishing too - but I am an alround fisherman and like to use lures and bait too - as long as it is the most effective method for the conditions. I think I have seen some great flyfishing vids on the texan gulf coast - for Red Fish too.

Then last night laying in bed I turned into a phlegm volcano!

But no fever... Just tons of congestion. I broke down and bought an expectorant/cough suppressant and that seems to be helping a little. If I wasn't working on this PAINFULLY BORING research project right now and was having to work the phone, I'd be in serious trouble because my voice is pretty much shot!
    Good - an expectorant would probably have been the best. I usually only use a cough suppressant for draining dry coughs and to my knowledge very few OTC meds are effective. Opiates - like opium/ or codein (prescription) - would be my choice then. Hope you feel better soon.

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    those trout are pretty similar to the ones around here

they seem to always swim right at you when reeling the line in and it causes slack in the line
    It happens - hate that too - Are they Brown trout too? They usually trash and jumps a lot - but if hooked well - they rarely come loose. Rainbows and steelheads usually swim much faster and make longer runs - and make it harder to avoid slack if swimming towards you.

Had to look up Speck GREENFEATHER - never heard about that specie before - looks a bit like a crappie to me?

Speaking of YouTube - amazing what we can find there! I found a video showing the deer in the area I grew up! I get so few pictures - since - I always choose if I want to take pics or hunt:

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VikingFit View Post
    YW. I really like flyfishing too - but I am an alround fisherman and like to use lures and bait too - as long as it is the most effective method for the conditions. I think I have seen some great flyfishing vids on the texan gulf coast - for Red Fish too.
    Our last trip to the surf my son hooked a BIG Redfish with his fly rod on a fly he tied himself, he got to fight it for approximately 2 seconds until the line snapped.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    A little advice from someone who is exactly where you were a little over a year ago:

Spend your time with the kid. Don't try to do everything and then squeeze in the 'being a father' part. Be a father first, a husband and helper to your wife second, and then do your pet projects when you get time. Your wife will need your help . . . a lot. Her maternity leave is not your playtime. I can't stress how much your wife is going to need your help in those first few months. If you don't oblige, you are going to have many nights by yourself.

I know you have a vision and a new house and all, but you have to realize that some of those things are just going to have to wait. Do what you can, when you can fit it in, but be a dad first, do the necessary stuff like mowing the lawn and whatnot second, and then your pet projects last. Don't forget that you're going to have your actual job to do as well as all this. The main thing to remember is that your life is not yours anymore. You exist solely to make sure that child develops into a healthy, contributing member of society and that she doesn't burn down the house or chop off any fingers along the way.

Being a father is as fun as it is challenging, but it takes a hell of a lot of time.

Oh yeah, that's the mind set I'm going in with... I'm just making a picture in my head of what I need to accomplish at what time, so when I do have whatever free time that I'm not picking my ass and watching TV, I can turn to the list, do whatever I can in the time I can... And when the baby wakes up from the nap or whatever, be back in the house washing the gravel off my hands etc...

It's not like these things are "Pet Projects" (I've pretty much completed all of my Pet Projects this year when I found out we were expecting. Things like selling the crowded landscaping trees have to be done this coming spring or never because their roots will be to intertwined... And the proceeds pay our property taxes for the year.

The Garden and Orchard is $4000 in grocery savings. That's $4K made from my spare time that I'll have to spend on stuff for the baby or save into college funds etc...

I'm not so much worried about making the Father-First Choices as I am knowing that I'm going to be dog ass tired from all the Father-First Choices and then have to find the energy in my down time to strap on the boots and go like a wild ape for a half hour.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Originally Posted by VikingFit View Post

Good - an expectorant would probably have been the best. I usually only use a cough suppressant for draining dry coughs and to my knowledge very few OTC meds are effective. Opiates - like opium/ or codein (prescription) - would be my choice then. Hope you feel better soon.
    ]
    Normally I'll go with an ugly expectorant and just blast it all out. But after the crappy night of sleep I had the night before I didn't want to risk being up all night again.

Last night I stayed up till 11... Then sacked out... Got a great night's sleep... I feel like I'm turning the corner now and everything is letting loose. I'm fighting the urge to plan on going out deer hunting tonight. I think my body is telling me to spend one more day indoors despite the fact that the shot gun season in my zone is so short.

But staying inside today is probably the right thing to do.
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    I'm not so much worried about making the Father-First Choices as I am knowing that I'm going to be dog ass tired from all the Father-First Choices and then have to find the energy in my down time to strap on the boots and go like a wild ape for a half hour.
    Yeah, that's the biggest thing. Babies have absolutely zero consideration for our typical 'awake during the day, sleep at night' schedule.

Yeah, that's the biggest thing. Babies have absolutely zero consideration for our typical 'awake during the day, sleep at night' schedule.
    I'm sure the sleep thing is going to be the biggest challenge for me. Sleep in my normal life right now is my secret weapon. I mean that's the repair time for the body and mind... I make it a point to get 8 hours a night... If I'm sick or beat up, I go to bed early or sleep in on a weekend to get myself right again.

It is probably the biggest contributor to my reputation as being "...a high powered mutant never meant for mass production."
    -H.S. Thompson

So having that go away will probably be my biggest personal hurdle.
    6'4"

-rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Subbed.

Havent been around much lately, hope everyone is doing well.
    -BMBC underground-

-Dallas Cowboys-

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Morning guys. Work has finally settled down for me. But, now deer gun season starts Sat. so I will be even busier. I bow hunted yesterday mainly to get some last minute work done before the weekend. I think I have figured out to leave the blind at home and just sit on the 4-wheeler to hunt. I drove within 5....yes, 5 yards of some does/fawns and they just watched me go by. The deer that got anywhere near my blind earlier in the day didn't stick around long at all.

I got to watch a buck (4 nice pts on one side/a little forkhorn on the other) work a scrape. They are getting very active here.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Morning guys. Work has finally settled down for me. But, now deer gun season starts Sat. so I will be even busier. I bow hunted yesterday mainly to get some last minute work done before the weekend. I think I have figured out to leave the blind at home and just sit on the 4-wheeler to hunt. I drove within 5....yes, 5 yards of some does/fawns and they just watched me go by. The deer that got anywhere near my blind earlier in the day didn't stick around long at all.

I got to watch a buck (4 nice pts on one side/a little forkhorn on the other) work a scrape. They are getting very active here.
    With this cold I haven't been out in two days... Fixin' to head back out to the stand tonight.

My wife is in full on cranky prego mode so I could use a couple hours of dead silence!
    6'4"

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    With this cold I haven't been out in two days... Fixin' to head back out to the stand tonight.

My wife is in full on cranky prego mode so I could use a couple hours of dead silence!
    Why you no kill nothing yet Nainoa?!?!?!?

Better hope you can't hear her from the stand.

Why you no kill nothing yet Nainoa?!?!?!?

Better hope you can't hear her from the stand.
    That woods has been CREEPY silent since Deer Season opened up...

Opening morning it sounded like World War 5 to the south of me (Where the fields were just recently chopped)

I interpret the deep silence as telling me the whole region is spooked. I don't feel very positive about the tail end of my season here.

The corn field that borders my driveway was the very first one chopped (Back at the end of August) and since then the deer sign has gone from Daily to monthly!

Now that I'm closer to well than I am to sick after two days indoors, I'm going to see if I can get lucky the last few days. (Season closes on Sunday)

Next year I'm going to plant a row of corn and sunflowers along the driveway and just let the rain feed them... Then at the 10 day mark before opener (When you have to remove all bait/feeding stations in MN) I'll just go out with a pruning shears and clip the heads off them.

That way there will be an advertised food source regardless of if the farmer cuts the field... And I'll have an attractive driveway through the summer... Then leave them up for next winter as a little added wind block.

As for this season... I'm not out of hope... But I've got more doubt than I do high expectations!
    6'4"

Originally Posted by -rhino- View Post
    Subbed.

Havent been around much lately, hope everyone is doing well.
    You updated me via PM... You should fill the guys in!
    6'4"

12 year old kid shoots 27-pointer. http://brainerddispatch.com/news/201...-turdy-pointer

Deer hunting for him will be disappointing for the rest of his life.

12 year old kid shoots 27-pointer.

LOL...

That's like losing your virginity by having dirty sex with Jessica Alba and then spending the rest of your life living in a convent run by a bunch of fat nuns.

6'4"

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    12 year old kid shoots 27-pointer. http://brainerddispatch.com/news/201...-turdy-pointer

snot nosed little...
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

^ LOL that's awesome

Anyone catch Duck Dynasty the other night...

I think I'm slowly turning into Phil Robertson... But that might be all in my head and I'm really just little by little becoming Si!

I loved the whole Jase vs the Home Owners Association...

His wife explains to him that they pay dues and follow all these rules and that's why he can't skin deer in the front yard and burn leaves.
    Cuts away to Jase

"You mean to tell me that I actually Pay Someone to tell me what to do?"
    6'4"

Anyone catch Duck Dynasty the other night...

I think I'm slowly turning into Phil Robertson... But that might be all in my head and I'm really just little by little becoming Si!

I loved the whole Jase vs the Home Owners Association...

His wife explains to him that they pay dues and follow all these rules and that's why he can't skin deer in the front yard and burn leaves.
    Cuts away to Jase

"You mean to tell me that I actually Pay Someone to tell me what to do?"
    Dammit I missed it! I would have loved to seen an HOA episode, that would be hilarious.

Dammit I missed it! I would have loved to seen an HOA episode, that would be hilarious.
    This season they're actually going to Jase's house more and it's funny because he's like a young Phil.

He's burning leaves in the driveway and his wife comes home nagging him about how the HOA will get pissed just like the time he skinned the deer and he's all "Sure I skinned one little deer in the box of my truck and now I'm a criminal!"

Then Phil brings over some chickens and shiner minnows for the landscaping pond as a present!

I can see exactly where he's coming from though, before the recession hit my wife and I were looking at houses, but the only thing we could even come close to affording in those prices was in cookie cutter divisions with HOA's etc...

And there is NO WAY you could get me into one of those developments... Two things would happen, either I'd stage a coup of the HOA and ammend the rules, or we'd get kicked out... It would be like locking a tiger in a butcher shop and expecting it not to mess up the cold case!

I can't imagine what life like that would be like... Come home and hide in your house on a sunny day because the only thing you're allowed to do in your yard is sit there and look at it and how it looks just like everyone else's.

How the hell is that even considered mentally healthy?
    6'4"

HOA's are the devil man. We live in a 'hood with an HOA now. My only saving grace is they're absolutely retarded and enforcement of the rules is spotty at best, seems like they only give a damn when some poor idiot gets newly appointed to make the rounds LOL you get letters for a few weeks and then they stop for 6 months. At some points the neighbors and myself have had basketball goals sitting out in front of the house (we're in a culdesac so it doesn't matter) and the neighbors will get letters, but I don't. Same thing with trash cans and grass, one house will get a letter and none of the others, idiots. They used to send letters for my motorcycle parked on the sidewalk (again, culdesac and I'm at the bottom so nobody uses the sidewalk in front of my house, ever) and I'd ignore them for months and then move it for a week and then move it back. Sometimes I'd park in front of the neighbor's house for the fuk of it LMAO.

My only real big issue is my boat. I cut my privacy fence and slapped some hinges on it, back my boat in the backyard to keep it stored because you can't have it "in sight" of the road. 3 years go by and I start getting a flurry of letters. Now my boat aint small and you can see it over the privacy fence if you're looking for it so I figure now that it's got their attention I'd move it out for a while and back in. That works, moved it out for a month and then brought it back and a year goes by without any trouble. Then I start getting letters again, they're now referencing the non-approved gate in my fence (LOL) and threatening to sue over the boat. So I lookup the rules and they've been changed! No longer does it read you can't have a boat within sight of the street, now it reads you cannot have a boat anywhere on HOA property! Bastages got me! So I move the boat out for a couple months this time, they can shove it on the gate I'm leaving it alone. When I bought the new boat I had lots of things to install so I brought it home and just left it in the driveway for 6 months. LOL, get a letter every month "You have until xyz to move the boat." That was a good 6 months, watched the letters roll in until they gave me a date they'd take legal action and moved it out the day before. It's been at my dad's place for about a year, think it's time to bring it back again because I'll be hunting a place where I leave my side of town and the boat is at my dad's place on the wrong side of town so I'm not crossing town twice to go on a trip.

HOA's are the devil man. We live in a 'hood with an HOA now. My only saving grace is they're absolutely retarded and enforcement of the rules is spotty at best, seems like they only give a damn when some poor idiot gets newly appointed to make the rounds LOL you get letters for a few weeks and then they stop for 6 months. At some points the neighbors and myself have had basketball goals sitting out in front of the house (we're in a culdesac so it doesn't matter) and the neighbors will get letters, but I don't. Same thing with trash cans and grass, one house will get a letter and none of the others, idiots. They used to send letters for my motorcycle parked on the sidewalk (again, culdesac and I'm at the bottom so nobody uses the sidewalk in front of my house, ever) and I'd ignore them for months and then move it for a week and then move it back. Sometimes I'd park in front of the neighbor's house for the fuk of it LMAO.

My only real big issue is my boat. I cut my privacy fence and slapped some hinges on it, back my boat in the backyard to keep it stored because you can't have it "in sight" of the road. 3 years go by and I start getting a flurry of letters. Now my boat aint small and you can see it over the privacy fence if you're looking for it so I figure now that it's got their attention I'd move it out for a while and back in. That works, moved it out for a month and then brought it back and a year goes by without any trouble. Then I start getting letters again, they're now referencing the non-approved gate in my fence (LOL) and threatening to sue over the boat. So I lookup the rules and they've been changed! No longer does it read you can't have a boat within sight of the street, now it reads you cannot have a boat anywhere on HOA property! Bastages got me! So I move the boat out for a couple months this time, they can shove it on the gate I'm leaving it alone. When I bought the new boat I had lots of things to install so I brought it home and just left it in the driveway for 6 months. LOL, get a letter every month "You have until xyz to move the boat." That was a good 6 months, watched the letters roll in until they gave me a date they'd take legal action and moved it out the day before. It's been at my dad's place for about a year, think it's time to bring it back again because I'll be hunting a place where I leave my side of town and the boat is at my dad's place on the wrong side of town so I'm not crossing town twice to go on a trip.

LOL that's retarded.

I can understand (A little bit) about the boat parked in sight thing... The two HOA's near my old place had that rule and in fact when people from those HOA's would drive past my old place and see my boat in the front of the side yard they would complain to my township. And even though there was no rule in the township about it, they would let me know each time that a complaint had been filed. Same happened when I first brought the ugly ass fish house home.

I can understand if they told you something like "The fence has to be high enough that you can't see the boat from the street" But to tell you that you just straight up can't have a boat on your own friggin' property is straight up unamerican.

If it was me, I'd stage a coup de HOA and take over as Admiral (Or whatever it's called) of the HOA to ammend the rules!
    6'4"

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    dont get me started on HOA
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

LOL that's retarded.

I can understand (A little bit) about the boat parked in sight thing... The two HOA's near my old place had that rule and in fact when people from those HOA's would drive past my old place and see my boat in the front of the side yard they would complain to my township. And even though there was no rule in the township about it, they would let me know each time that a complaint had been filed. Same happened when I first brought the ugly ass fish house home.

I can understand if they told you something like "The fence has to be high enough that you can't see the boat from the street" But to tell you that you just straight up can't have a boat on your own friggin' property is straight up unamerican.

If it was me, I'd stage a coup de HOA and take over as Admiral (Or whatever it's called) of the HOA to ammend the rules!
    Admiral? I think they call them Supreme Leader or maybe Master? lol...

Yeah in the back yard, since the culdesac street goes up a hill if you park at the top of the street you can see the top of the grab rail from the center console over the fence, or if I have the cover on it you can see a gray blob tarp where it goes over the grab rail. The neighbors told me they saw somebody drive up and park and walk over and kinda pull themself up on the fence to look over it and left. One of the only times I've ever actually replied to the letters was to tell them if I ever caught someone on my property peaking over the fence we'd end up with the police on site to sort out the mess afterward. The other time I replied to a letter was when I got one demanding that I remove the port'a'potty from my front yard. Considering I didn't have a port'a'potty in the front yard I figured I should let them know they had the wrong house. It turned out to be my neighbors, they had a party and had it on the side of their house (WTF LOL, idiots) so after a few weeks they moved it out to their backyard. That might be one of the only things the HOA has done that I agree with haha. They've been promising to build a 2nd swimming pool for about 6 years now, instead they bought a Toyota truck for them to drive around in and they keep putting the most horribly smelling **** (literally ****) fertilizer all over the grounds and through all the common streets in the whole neighborhood. The wife won't even go out for a jog when they've done that for a month. They've lined all the entrances to the 'hood with Oak trees, great you would think, however they've spaced them all maybe 10' apart along the thin strips of grass between the entrance roads and the side roads and put hundreds of them in a line. Not sure how that's going to work when the trees start growing as there's only so much dirt they can occupy and the canopies will obviously be clashing.

Admiral? I think they call them Supreme Leader or maybe Master? lol...

Yeah in the back yard, since the culdesac street goes up a hill if you park at the top of the street you can see the top of the grab rail from the center console over the fence, or if I have the cover on it you can see a gray blob tarp where it goes over the grab rail. The neighbors told me they saw somebody drive up and park and walk over and kinda pull themself up on the fence to look over it and left. One of the only times I've ever actually replied to the letters was to tell them if I ever caught someone on my property peaking over the fence we'd end up with the police on site to sort out the mess afterward. The other time I replied to a letter was when I got one demanding that I remove the port'a'potty from my front yard. Considering I didn't have a port'a'potty in the front yard I figured I should let them know they had the wrong house. It turned out to be my neighbors, they had a party and had it on the side of their house (WTF LOL, idiots) so after a few weeks they moved it out to their backyard. That might be one of the only things the HOA has done that I agree with haha. They've been promising to build a 2nd swimming pool for about 6 years now, instead they bought a Toyota truck for them to drive around in and they keep putting the most horribly smelling **** (literally ****) fertilizer all over the grounds and through all the common streets in the whole neighborhood. The wife won't even go out for a jog when they've done that for a month. They've lined all the entrances to the 'hood with Oak trees, great you would think, however they've spaced them all maybe 10' apart along the thin strips of grass between the entrance roads and the side roads and put hundreds of them in a line. Not sure how that's going to work when the trees start growing as there's only so much dirt they can occupy and the canopies will obviously be clashing.

Don't you have some sort of vote on how they spend the money you pay them to keep them from doing stuff you don't want them to do?

HOA's are pretty much the biggest evil that was created by the real estate boom.

But I can see how they might be a little bit of a necessary evil in some cases and some places... When it comes to permanent things that can affect the property value.

Like my old neighborhood... I had a dirt bag neighbor who was fixing up cars in his back yard (And later we found out he was filming child porn in his basement!)

He destroyed his property value and thus brought down my property value. He sold out/went to prison for 3-5... Then a guy bought that house and fixed the property up... But then I brought his property value down as my old bachelor shack, towards the end, just wasn't worth fixing up... (Just sold it for the land value)

So I can see how permanent and emminently visible stuff might be deemed detrimental and an HOA could have some say. But things like a boat in your backyard that someone has to scale a fence to see... Is retarded!
    6'4"

Kay made a casserole.

Don't you have some sort of vote on how they spend the money you pay them to keep them from doing stuff you don't want them to do?

HOA's are pretty much the biggest evil that was created by the real estate boom.

But I can see how they might be a little bit of a necessary evil in some cases and some places... When it comes to permanent things that can affect the property value.

Like my old neighborhood... I had a dirt bag neighbor who was fixing up cars in his back yard (And later we found out he was filming child porn in his basement!)

He destroyed his property value and thus brought down my property value. He sold out/went to prison for 3-5... Then a guy bought that house and fixed the property up... But then I brought his property value down as my old bachelor shack, towards the end, just wasn't worth fixing up... (Just sold it for the land value)

So I can see how permanent and emminently visible stuff might be deemed detrimental and an HOA could have some say. But things like a boat in your backyard that someone has to scale a fence to see... Is retarded!
    Yeah, junkyards and port'a'potties are good examples. LOL... other than that the whole damn thing is unAmerican. I just need to GTFO of town and get a little separation between me and the damn zombies.