Page 172 of 183 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 5464
    X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Hey bro... Nice to see you in this thread again.

Strangely enough I actually have fishable ice here... Didn't think I would have good ice by now when I approved my wife having back to back "Girls weekends"
    We had a week and a half of below zero weather and have 5 to 6 inches of good clear ice. I broke down and bought a red Eskimo 4 man shelter from Sportsman's Warehouse since i'm not brave anymore to withstand the weather. Been slammin' the brookies and bow's in 4 to 6 ft of water up to 5 lbs on the jigs I tie. This fall I accumulated quite a selection of swimbaits as well fishin' for the big pike. The only problem is this thing called "work" which gets in the way of my huntin' and fishin'. Glad I have a night job 4 days a week to do all this.
    Sheepdog#47
    ★cVc★
    Panama
    OIFx3
    OEF

X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Well I've had zero luck bow hunting, so i have to rely on shotgun season.
    I been out w/ my bow back in Sept. elk hunting and all I shot were 3 grouse the 2 times I went out. Rifle season made up for it though.
    Sheepdog#47
    ★cVc★
    Panama
    OIFx3
    OEF

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by X-ring View Post
    We had a week and a half of below zero weather and have 5 to 6 inches of good clear ice. I broke down and bought a red Eskimo 4 man shelter from Sportsman's Warehouse since i'm not brave anymore to withstand the weather. Been slammin' the brookies and bow's in 4 to 6 ft of water up to 5 lbs on the jigs I tie. This fall I accumulated quite a selection of swimbaits as well fishin' for the big pike. The only problem is this thing called "work" which gets in the way of my huntin' and fishin'. Glad I have a night job 4 days a week to do all this.
    Yeah if my wife gets this new job/promotion I'll have one week that is crazy busy, followed by another week where I'll be crapping free time.

My buddy just inherited a cabin and 13 acres of land up in Chippewa National Forest... Just down the hill from him are two small lakes that are plump full of dinner plate crappies and big pike.

Since it's so remote very few people ever fish it. Only issue is the pack of timberwolves that frequent the ice looking for scraps.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Ramp seeds are on the way!

Getting stoked for a Venison, morel mushroom and ramp Paellela in 2016!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Shotgun season better be more productive for me, or there will be no venison....
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Oh hell yes!

BBCA is FINALLY playing Battlestar Gallactica again!
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh hell yes!

BBCA is FINALLY playing Battlestar Gallactica again!
    I'm not sure I could convince my wife to watch that series a second time. It would be the third time for me. Maybe in a couple more years after we exhaust some of the series we have in our Netflix queue.

But then again, we watch so little TV anymore with a busy life of parenthood and home ownership. Whew!
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    I'm not sure I could convince my wife to watch that series a second time. It would be the third time for me. Maybe in a couple more years after we exhaust some of the series we have in our Netflix queue.

But then again, we watch so little TV anymore with a busy life of parenthood and home ownership. Whew!
    Yeah my TV time in this phase of life consists of sitting in my chair working on the laptop while I have the TV on in the background. Mostly because it's nice to hear adult voices after a day watching my daughter.

She is in a phase now where she sleeps through the night (Minus a few teething incidents) so if I manage my time intelligently and I can sometimes actually get from 8:30 to 11:00 off by myself.

You'd be amazed how much more work you can get done once your kid gets to the "Helper" stage.

My daughter helps me with laundry, recycling, picking up the house, putting away dishes, watering plants, feeding the chickens, sweeping the garage, gathering up the garbage... She was even getting handy in the garden before the snow fell early!

In all reality my daughter does more housework than my wife!

With BSG... I never got the chance to watch it all the way through from the pilot movie to the final episode... I didn't discover the show until halfway through the first season... In those days Sci-Fi didn't play a lot of reruns and marathons... Then I missed part of season 3... And then there was the season that was interrupted by the writer's strike, so you didn't get to see any new eps for a year or so and all the finer plot points were stale in the mind.

I've always wanted to watch it from beginning to end... BBCA played it in 2012, but I didn't DVR anything in those days... Now I'm just loading them into the queue to watch in whatever shreds of downtime I get.
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah my TV time in this phase of life consists of sitting in my chair working on the laptop while I have the TV on in the background. Mostly because it's nice to hear adult voices after a day watching my daughter.

She is in a phase now where she sleeps through the night (Minus a few teething incidents) so if I manage my time intelligently and I can sometimes actually get from 8:30 to 11:00 off by myself.

You'd be amazed how much more work you can get done once your kid gets to the "Helper" stage.

My daughter helps me with laundry, recycling, picking up the house, putting away dishes, watering plants, feeding the chickens, sweeping the garage, gathering up the garbage... She was even getting handy in the garden before the snow fell early!

In all reality my daughter does more housework than my wife!

With BSG... I never got the chance to watch it all the way through from the pilot movie to the final episode... I didn't discover the show until halfway through the first season... In those days Sci-Fi didn't play a lot of reruns and marathons... Then I missed part of season 3... And then there was the season that was interrupted by the writer's strike, so you didn't get to see any new eps for a year or so and all the finer plot points were stale in the mind.

I've always wanted to watch it from beginning to end... BBCA played it in 2012, but I didn't DVR anything in those days... Now I'm just loading them into the queue to watch in whatever shreds of downtime I get.
    if you haven't watched it from beginning to end then you definitely should. It's a great show and the way it unfolds once you know some of the plot twists in advance is really masterful.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    if you haven't watched it from beginning to end then you definitely should. It's a great show and the way it unfolds once you know some of the plot twists in advance is really masterful.
    Yeah I only really got to watch scattered handfuls of episodes early on... Then I stayed on it after the writers strike. But after the strike they basically played the new episode once... Then again late on Sunday nights and that was it.

Of course that was in the days BEFORE DVR ever existed or at least I never had it.

DVR is a great tool for parenting... Even beyond wanting to watch a show I like after my daughter goes down... But like if I want to take a dump without someone pounding on the door I can just turn on the 10 minute block of the Notekins and crap in peace!
    6'4"

In other news my ramp seeds came today... Now I just have to spend the next 2 years developing them!
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still have no idea what a ramp is....

in omnia paratus

Still have no idea what a ramp is....
    It's a wild leek that tastes like a cross between red onion and garlic...

Normally you can only find them in the wild, because you have for forage for them they usually cost around $7 per pound. They're very hard to grow in standard garden soil and conditions. But I happen to have the ideal soil, conditions and mulch to try it.

They are usually a guarded secret. Most people who have access to them don't want to sell the seeds and bulbs openly for fear that they'll just reduce the uniqueness of the market.

It takes between 2 to 5 years to cultivate a mature and harvestable bed. It's something that foils even the most experienced gardeners.
    6'4"

Nice, good luck with that! Get yourself a ginseng patch started and you'll be all set!

in omnia paratus

Nice, good luck with that! Get yourself a ginseng patch started and you'll be all set!
    It's unbelieveable how competitive wild gensing is... But I'm only taking on 1-2 challenges in the garden this year as is.
    6'4"

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    I had a white Thanksgiving...We caught the tail end of the storm last week up in the mountains of VA and had a good 4 to 6 inches of snow on the ground.
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

All our snow is gone, already. Going to be a fairly mild opening to shotgun season this weekend with highs in the 30's and 40's.

in omnia paratus

Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Its was 80 here yesterday and supposed to be about the same today. Its abnormally warm.
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

All our snow is gone, already. Going to be a fairly mild opening to shotgun season this weekend with highs in the 30's and 40's.
    Yeah they say the next 10 to 14 days up here are going to be really nice.

Down the cities they're saying the snow pack might completely melt. For me I don't think it will get that warm. Still enough for the chickens to venture out!

The last time we had a winter pattern like this I remember each warm streak ended in a massive snow storm that closed highways and caused power outages.
    6'4"

Yeah, i think we could be in for a rollercoaster December before the deep freeze hits

in omnia paratus

Yeah, i think we could be in for a rollercoaster December before the deep freeze hits
    Well every minute the ground is bare this time of year is a good thing... It's an even better thing for you and I if the ground is bare in ND, SD NE and KS.

Theoretically bare ground on Canada is the best, but that's too much to ask!

Cold air coming off the rockies gets even colder when it comes over any snow pack to our west.
    6'4"

Plans are locked... Looks like I'm getting out ice fishing on Friday!

My auger is dead and he doesn't have one, but the ice can't be more and a few inches thick, so we'll have to chisel it like real men!
    6'4"

Going out on only a few inches of ice? No thank you!

in omnia paratus

remember: spooning is the best way to keep warm
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Going out on only a few inches of ice? No thank you!
    4 is the minimum for foot travel... Last report I heard for the bay we're going to is 6 in the bay and 10 by shore.
    6'4"

Wow! I'm pretty sure I just saw Jack (The invincible barn cat) walking across the yard with a juvenile skunk in his mouth!
    6'4"

Forecast for this weekend, still looking above average and all that good jazz... But the forecast for next weekend, even up here is for highs in the LOW 40's!

6'4"

elephant guns for hogs..lol

Im having a Boar-BQ this weekend
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Pretty nice... We slayed them today ice fishing...

10 to 13 inches of rock hard clear ice that locked up in still wind... Only an inch of snow on top... Basically couldn't ask for better ice conditions!

The guy got lost finding my place so we got out there late and the first spot was DEAD... So we moved to my back up spot... Thought we were going to get into crappies there...

Instead we each hit a pair of 25 to 27 inch pike which fought like war pigs! Then each of us pulled in a perfect 17 inch eater walleye and I lost another one at the hole.

He moved over here from England and has been learning to ice fishing slowly... Mostly he's got petrified duck **** and dead beaver fetuses so now he thinks I'm a fracking ice fishing genius!
    6'4"

Argh, hope second season shotgun goes better for me. Would have had a nice shot at a few young does saturday morning, if they weren't standing on the other side of the road. Stupid laws.......then a car drove by and spooked them before i could cross the road and legally shoot.

in omnia paratus