Page 56 of 183 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 5464
    My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    battle of the walls of text...

Im out
    aint nobody got time for that
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BobbyOrr1965 View Post
    The sounds really amazing. Btw you have a style and skill with description in your writing. I can only imagine you like to write. Been doing it most of my life. Short stories, poems, or simply journaling and sending letters to my family. I am thinking of getting a dig-cam soon so I can download pics here. There is a park nearby where there are hawks and I saw a woodpecker the size of a good size raven. Never googled what it's name was. One time, sitting on a log in the woods I saw a squirrel foraging among the autumn leaves for food. Then a hawk landed and perched in a tree branch above the squirrel. The squirrel searched impervious to the glaring gaze of the hawk. This went on for a few minutes the Hawk looking away from time to time and then just flew away. I thought to myself it was the squirrel's lucky day On another note I think it was just not the squirrel's time. Things to ponder.

Hopefully you do climb next visit. I have thought of visiting Machu Picchu. Visitors may chew cocoa leaves on the ascent to help spare them the effects of altitude change. Explore and find the right spot to just sit, take it all in. The Holy Land is also on my mind. Bucket list.

Well coffee is going in and trying to get into hiking to the gym and laundromat before a snow storm hits here. Homemade protein shake time
    Thanks

I've been writing all my life... I have 3 "Trunk Novels" (What they call manuscripts you could get published if you polished and worked on them, but not what I want to be known for type of stuff, or poorly timed in RL) And then I've published several magazine articles under pen names.

Right now I live on 10 acres where the forest meets the fields. This last summer I had Hawks, owls and bald eagles all doing something on the property, whether it was nesting, fledging or just hunting the rabbits and black squirrels. From May to August it was a non-stop animal show out here.

Now I just have a squirrel/bird feeder right outside my ground level office window so my cats can watch them come up to feed and fight each other.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Thanks

I've been writing all my life... I have 3 "Trunk Novels" (What they call manuscripts you could get published if you polished and worked on them, but not what I want to be known for type of stuff, or poorly timed in RL) And then I've published several magazine articles under pen names.

Right now I live on 10 acres where the forest meets the fields. This last summer I had Hawks, owls and bald eagles all doing something on the property, whether it was nesting, fledging or just hunting the rabbits and black squirrels. From May to August it was a non-stop animal show out here.

Now I just have a squirrel/bird feeder right outside my ground level office window so my cats can watch them come up to feed and fight each other.

Writing during moments of inspiration can be a rush of sorts. Nice place to live. Only my Grandfather, God rest his soul, had a very large property. Acres and acres with a river. Fox, deer, humming birds, finches I recall. The fishing was not the best, sometimes cathing what my Grandfather called mud suckers though still good memories. Do your cats make dat dere chattering sound when they watch the birds/squirrels. My last girlfriend's cats did something like this Bengal cat without the meowing part

Kind of funny to watch at first. I think it is their code for DO WANT!

Well off to blast my chest/tris.

Edited because I am my own grammar Nazi lol.

Cheers everyone
    Last edited by BobbyOrr1965; 02-07-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Writing during moments of inspiration can be a rush of sorts. Nice place to live. Only my Grandfather, God rest his soul, had a very large property. Acres and acres with a river. Fox, deer, humming birds, finches I recall. The fishing was not the best, sometimes cathing what my Grandfather called mud suckers though still good memories. Do your cats make dat dere chattering sound when they watch the birds/squirrels. My last girlfriend's cats did something like this Bengal cat without the meowing part
    Yeah all cats do that... I used to have a cat that went nuts chattering while watching me play darts.

Where I live I'm an Uncle Rico football toss from the Mississippi river, but I don't own any of the land with water access.

There is a stream within walking distance of my place that is good for Suckers in the spring run and the occasional bass during the summer. There's a dam within 5 miles of me that has some decent Walleye action.

About a half hour away is one of my favorite fishing lakes in the whole state.

I have a lot of fishing and hunting opportunities close at hand... I'm just in that phase of life where I'm always short on time and about to get shorter as my wife is due with our first at some point in the next 2 weeks.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

So I've finally ordered and acquired all the seeds for this year's garden.

Tomatoes:
    Rosalita (Red Cherry)
    Russian Black Cherry
    San Marzano (Italian Sauce tomato)
    Abe Lincoln (New early red slicer)
    Brandywine (Late red slicer)
    Ground Cherry (Cossak Pineapple)
    Green Tomatillo

Peppers:
    Pepperoncini
    Cayenne
    Aji Dulce (Habanero without the heat)
    California Wonder (Bell Pepper)
    Jalapeno
    Poblano

Yellow onions for Scallion and Red Onions for bulb

For squash:
    Galleux D'Eysines (Or as I like to call it... "Frenchy")
    Butternut
    Acorn
    Zucchini
    Sugar Pumpkin

*Then this year it will be a battle between "Frenchy" and Sugar Pumpkin to see which one stays as my new Go-To pie squash and which one hits the bricks! I suspect it will be Frenchy!

This year the Asparagus expands from 10 to 25 plants

I'll also be adding carrots and turnips to the margins.

I planted a hot form of Garlic last fall that I'm excited for.

Herbs:
    Spanish Rosemary
    Greek Oregano
    Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
    And a friggin' hedge maze of 45 Basil bushes, just so my wife can stop nagging me about wanting to make more pesto!

Fruits I should get my first Gooseberries, my Strawberries should take off and go willing I'll get the new Raspberry border transplanted!
    6'4"

Got 2 Pawpaw and 1 Superior Plum on order... Soon fear of my fully armed and operational orchard will keep the local star systems in line!
    6'4"

BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah all cats do that... I used to have a cat that went nuts chattering while watching me play darts.

Where I live I'm an Uncle Rico football toss from the Mississippi river, but I don't own any of the land with water access.

There is a stream within walking distance of my place that is good for Suckers in the spring run and the occasional bass during the summer. There's a dam within 5 miles of me that has some decent Walleye action.

About a half hour away is one of my favorite fishing lakes in the whole state.

I have a lot of fishing and hunting opportunities close at hand... I'm just in that phase of life where I'm always short on time and about to get shorter as my wife is due with our first at some point in the next 2 weeks.
    You trying to make me Jelly???

It all sounds good. And understood.

There is a small river about one mile away but not the cleanest and I'm not looking for three-eyed fish. Though I have seen fairly large turtles swimming down river and birds of all kinds in the branches or on the river. It is close to a highway so not much else there. The occassional Eagle soaring above. Makes me stop in my tracks everytime. One time I went to a place near which is called Terracotta park. Was driving and the woman and I got out because I saw hawks flying in the field. I wanted to see them closer. They were a 2-300 yards away from the fence we sat on. I recall making a few hawk calls and then just waiting. Soon enough they all came over soaring over our heads low to the ground. I can't remember how many there were but quite a few. It is simply the being close to nature that is my adrenalin rush at times. My aboriginal friend who used to live in Vancouver went to drum ceremonies. She said when the drums beat/resonated with the sound of the beating of a human heart Eagles would come and circle at times often enough.

Well blasted chest and tris with rest-pause work. Now the hike through the snow to the laundromat. I don't drive (have license). I walk almost everywhere. My nephew who is four woke up at his grandparents house and said "I wonder where my feet will take me today?" (serious). Interesting thing for a four year old to say.

Off I go. Cheers and have a great rest of day Nainoa and everyone

Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Got 2 Pawpaw and 1 Superior Plum on order... Soon fear of my fully armed and operational orchard will keep the local star systems in line!
    Im wanting to plant a couple citrus trees this season. Lime and something else undecided as of yet
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

You trying to make me Jelly???

It all sounds good. And understood.

There is a small river about one mile away but not the cleanest and I'm not looking for three-eyed fish. Though I have seen fairly large turtles swimming down river and birds of all kinds in the branches or on the river. It is close to a highway so not much else there. The occassional Eagle soaring above. Makes me stop in my tracks everytime. One time I went to a place near which is called Terracotta park. Was driving and the woman and I got out because I saw hawks flying in the field. I wanted to see them closer. They were a 2-300 yards away from the fence we sat on. I recall making a few hawk calls and then just waiting. Soon enough they all came over soaring over our heads low to the ground. I can't remember how many there were but quite a few. It is simply the being close to nature that is my adrenalin rush at times. My aboriginal friend who used to live in Vancouver went to drum ceremonies. She said when the drums beat/resonated with the sound of the beating of a human heart Eagles would come and circle at times often enough.

Well blasted chest and tris with rest-pause work. Now the hike through the snow to the laundromat. I don't drive (have license). I walk almost everywhere. My nephew who is four woke up at his grandparents house and said "I wonder where my feet will take me today?" (serious). Interesting thing for a four year old to say.

Off I go. Cheers and have a great rest of day Nainoa and everyone
    The people I bought this place from NEVER went in the woods... The Wife, walked across the driveway from the house to the garden and back, frightened of ticks and bugs biting her and giving her diseases. The Hushand, mowed the grass and shot rabbits at the edge of the trees. But not once did the enter the woods.

Well hell it's 8.5 acres before Easment... 10 With... 7 of that is thick forest.

So this summer when I had any down time I started cutting my way through the brush in places making trails for deer hunting and just general walks in the woods.

On the first trail I was cutting through and all of a sudden I got to this area where it looked like someone tossed out a hand grenade of bird poop! Looked up... And there was a hawk nest!

The whole summer I got to watch that baby hawk fledging out there learning to fly in hops from tree to tree.

When we were building the deer stands out there I rounded a corner and there was the baby like 20 feet from me eating the scraps of a fox the mother had killed and left on the ground. So the whole time the mother is watching me as her baby lumbers up into the air.

From that point on if we were working out there building the deer stands, one of the Adult Hawks was always watching.

In September they chased the baby out to the nearby woods... Then a mated pair of Bald Eagles tried making a spot for themselves and a total Eagle family vs Hawk family bird of Prey war broke out... It was like 3 hours of swooping and circling and rising on thermals for position.

Don't know who won... Shortly after that it was like all the birds vanished... So we'll see what happens when the active season starts again in a month or two!
    6'4"

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    Im wanting to plant a couple citrus trees this season. Lime and something else undecided as of yet
    I don't know if you can grow pineapple there... BUt if I lived in a place where pineapple could grow, I would grow pineapple...

When it comes to just straight up citrus... Lemon and Lime are the most useful... I mean you use both of them in so many drinks and as garnishes for so many different dishes.
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dammit, I should be starti g haberero seeds tbis weekend, but my grow light setup are ten feet deep into the mess that is our basement. Day one of the great re-plumbing of our house is wrapping up.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And yes, I 've been drinking, but I blame the phone on my spelling errors.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

The people I bought this place from NEVER went in the woods... The Wife, walked across the driveway from the house to the garden and back, frightened of ticks and bugs biting her and giving her diseases. The Hushand, mowed the grass and shot rabbits at the edge of the trees. But not once did the enter the woods.

Well hell it's 8.5 acres before Easment... 10 With... 7 of that is thick forest.

So this summer when I had any down time I started cutting my way through the brush in places making trails for deer hunting and just general walks in the woods.

On the first trail I was cutting through and all of a sudden I got to this area where it looked like someone tossed out a hand grenade of bird poop! Looked up... And there was a hawk nest!

The whole summer I got to watch that baby hawk fledging out there learning to fly in hops from tree to tree.

When we were building the deer stands out there I rounded a corner and there was the baby like 20 feet from me eating the scraps of a fox the mother had killed and left on the ground. So the whole time the mother is watching me as her baby lumbers up into the air.

From that point on if we were working out there building the deer stands, one of the Adult Hawks was always watching.

In September they chased the baby out to the nearby woods... Then a mated pair of Bald Eagles tried making a spot for themselves and a total Eagle family vs Hawk family bird of Prey war broke out... It was like 3 hours of swooping and circling and rising on thermals for position.

Don't know who won... Shortly after that it was like all the birds vanished... So we'll see what happens when the active season starts again in a month or two!
    Well now there is someone there who appreciates the woods. Hey and all this without pics? Negs comin

I used to feed a group of Ravens popcorn but used canned as I think it was easier for their gullet. Very intelligent birds. In the middle east I was told they can splice the tongue of a crow so it makes a specific sound or word. Haven't researched though. They can both talk from what I have seen. The Raven perhaps best at mimmicking the human voice.

at 20 seconds it begins mimmicking and being in a British zoo has that accent. Then check 4:18 on.

I live in a city with a large wooden balcony on the top floor. Not as big as the last one. And that had easy access to a flat roof (top floor) privacy wall. There I could rest under the stars in late spring, summer, and early fall. Had a telescope then and of course glare. Though the privacy wall on my top floor balcony was high and cut the haze. Mainly peering at the craters and mountains on the moon. So much different being in the country. On my to do list might also be to Vancouver to see the mountains, tall Sequoia, the islands, Haida art and totems. Bill Reid was the most well known artist there for Haida art in gold and stone cuttings.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    So these vein-blowing people called and asked if I could come in today because my lab results were abnormal. My normal follow up is freaking tomorrow so I'm just going to go in then... my arm still hurts from the last visit so not excited to go back for more.
    After I got done tearing her ass out I'd tell them that my DOCTOR should be discussing this with me. If you have any questions you have my number and I'll be off duty about 1000 hours. Make sure you show the simple bitch what she did to your arm. Oh yea, find out if she's an RN and then threaten to make a complaint to the medical boards.

I don't know if you can grow pineapple there... BUt if I lived in a place where pineapple could grow, I would grow pineapple...

When it comes to just straight up citrus... Lemon and Lime are the most useful... I mean you use both of them in so many drinks and as garnishes for so many different dishes.
    yeah you can do pineapple here

I have grown a couple by just chopping the tops off a pineapple from the farmers market and it will sprout and produce a fruit.

I agree. I go through lime a lot with cooking, beers and tea.
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Dammit, I should be starti g haberero seeds tbis weekend, but my grow light setup are ten feet deep into the mess that is our basement. Day one of the great re-plumbing of our house is wrapping up.
    You can still get them in the soil plug and put them in a starter tray. The peppers of the Chinense family are the slowest germinating of all peppers in the world. Some take up to a MONTH to germinate.

In fact right now I'm growing Aji Dulce (Which is a Caribbean version of the Habanero that has simply had the heat bred out of it) and I put them in the plug tray on January 1st. The First one sprouted in like 9 days... I put multiple seeds in each plug and then choose the best plant in a plug 6 weeks later and clip the weaker ones. Currently all the plugs have at least one.

BUT just last friday, I had a new one germinate.

Bottom line is... You could put them in the soil plugs now... And you can still give yourself a week to get your lights set up. And even if one comes up 6 days from now... He'll live in a sunny window if you give him warm water and turn him twice per day.
    6'4"

So did I win the battle of the walls of text???

Would like to have a garden on my balcony but squirrels and racoons everywhere. :/

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Would like to have a garden on my balcony but squirrels and racoons everywhere. :/
    Perfect, you have meat to go with your veggies.

Sunset727.jpg
    Well now there is someone there who appreciates the woods. Hey and all this without pics? Negs comin

I used to feed a group of Ravens popcorn but used canned as I think it was easier for their gullet. Very intelligent birds. In the middle east I was told they can splice the tongue of a crow so it makes a specific sound or word. Haven't researched though. They can both talk from what I have seen. The Raven perhaps best at mimmicking the human voice.

at 20 seconds it begins mimmicking and being in a British zoo has that accent. Then check 4:18 on.

I live in a city with a large wooden balcony on the top floor. Not as big as the last one. And that had easy access to a flat roof (top floor) privacy wall. There I could rest under the stars in late spring, summer, and early fall. Had a telescope then and of course glare. Though the privacy wall on my top floor balcony was high and cut the haze. Mainly peering at the craters and mountains on the moon. So much different being in the country. On my to do list might also be to Vancouver to see the mountains, tall Sequoia, the islands, Haida art and totems. Bill Reid was the most well known artist there for Haida art in gold and stone cuttings.
    I grew up on the edge of the city and the country. I kind of had my taste and my choice of which lifestyle suited me better.

When I was a city kid who later become another corporate drone working in an ad agency, I was miserable all the time... Little by little I kept transitioning over to a rustic lifestyle... I'd work and live in the urban illusion... Then spend my down time unplugged, working in the garden, going to hunting camps, taking deep woods fishing trips, camping, hiking and just in general rebuilding my rustic skill set.

I went from making beef wellington so as to impress the boss, to simmering up a pot of Oxtail stew over a campfire to feed my buddys.

Do I make as much money as I used to? No
    Do I have to be more resourceful living out here? Yes
    (But I've learned that resourcefulness is it's own reward)
    Could I ever go back... No

On the property out here we have two stands of woods... One is very thickly planted mixed pine that has grown 30-50 feet tall... They're so thickly planted that they shade each other out and have killed their lower branches. So once you get past the border brambles, the inside is a twisted mess of old dead branches that craned for the sun as long as they could until they died.

The other half of the property is modestly the lightly treed with mature burr oak. And Burr Oak grow all twisted and gnarled. They have a shape like cloud to cloud lightning turned upside down.

Mixed with some cedars and birch, it's a diverse forest, that still manages to look like something straight out of an Edgar Allen Poe story.

Where the forest thins and falls away I planted my garden... Then along it is a farmers wide open field, that goes across the road and up to another forested hill about a mile away. That hill rises and falls again to the west, so every evening regardless of the season the sun dips through the trees and below the hill, before it sinks below the horizon, and so it fills the sky with all the strange colors of sunset and paints the texture of the clouds.

After we'd lived here a month I said to my wife "I hope I never get to the point where I take the beauty of this place for granted!"

And I still haven't... What's happened though is that everywhere else I go now, especially the city, seems... Ugly.

Here's a picture of a storm trying to push in over the hill to the north west at sunset... The light coming over the hill to the west caught it just perfectly.

My Daughter gets to grow up, sitting on my knee watching sunsets like this...
    It's pretty cool that I grew up some place so ugly and she gets to grow up some place so beautiful.
    6'4"

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Perfect, you have meat to go with your veggies.
    Hmmm squirrel and racoon casserole???

Time to shovel the two houses. Landlord away. Have salt, shovel will travel.

Nainoa I will catch up with you l8r. Lol will have protein shake just inside the front door to sip intermittently with shoveling. Does that make me hardcore???

Oh-oh...

We might be tuning up the band over here... My wife just had one of the first signs of early labor happen. (It's pretty disgusting so I won't post the details) But according to the books, it could be days but it could also be hours before she goes!
    6'4"

Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thought i'd share the huge black drum my cousin caught with me last summer.

** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **
    ** MISC Firearms Crew **

Oh-oh...

We might be tuning up the band over here... My wife just had one of the first signs of early labor happen. (It's pretty disgusting so I won't post the details) But according to the books, it could be days but it could also be hours before she goes!
    Well I think we can count that as the first False Alarm!
    6'4"

Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Damien1990 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The anticipation!
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **
    ** MISC Firearms Crew **

Attachment 5372083

I grew up on the edge of the city and the country. I kind of had my taste and my choice of which lifestyle suited me better.

When I was a city kid who later become another corporate drone working in an ad agency, I was miserable all the time... Little by little I kept transitioning over to a rustic lifestyle... I'd work and live in the urban illusion... Then spend my down time unplugged, working in the garden, going to hunting camps, taking deep woods fishing trips, camping, hiking and just in general rebuilding my rustic skill set.

I went from making beef wellington so as to impress the boss, to simmering up a pot of Oxtail stew over a campfire to feed my buddys.

Do I make as much money as I used to? No
    Do I have to be more resourceful living out here? Yes
    (But I've learned that resourcefulness is it's own reward)
    Could I ever go back... No

On the property out here we have two stands of woods... One is very thickly planted mixed pine that has grown 30-50 feet tall... They're so thickly planted that they shade each other out and have killed their lower branches. So once you get past the border brambles, the inside is a twisted mess of old dead branches that craned for the sun as long as they could until they died.

The other half of the property is modestly the lightly treed with mature burr oak. And Burr Oak grow all twisted and gnarled. They have a shape like cloud to cloud lightning turned upside down.

Mixed with some cedars and birch, it's a diverse forest, that still manages to look like something straight out of an Edgar Allen Poe story.

Where the forest thins and falls away I planted my garden... Then along it is a farmers wide open field, that goes across the road and up to another forested hill about a mile away. That hill rises and falls again to the west, so every evening regardless of the season the sun dips through the trees and below the hill, before it sinks below the horizon, and so it fills the sky with all the strange colors of sunset and paints the texture of the clouds.

After we'd lived here a month I said to my wife "I hope I never get to the point where I take the beauty of this place for granted!"

And I still haven't... What's happened though is that everywhere else I go now, especially the city, seems... Ugly.

Here's a picture of a storm trying to push in over the hill to the north west at sunset... The light coming over the hill to the west caught it just perfectly.

My Daughter gets to grow up, sitting on my knee watching sunsets like this...
    It's pretty cool that I grew up some place so ugly and she gets to grow up some place so beautiful.
    What pic? I see it makes sense for me to retire in the country or bank up for lots of nature trips. My sister lives in the East Coast and there is a cougar there about. One of her neighbours saw it laying on his driveway as he drove back in. With my sister she doesn't go anywhere without her Russian wolfhound. Cougars look for the easiest pray and with two it is less likely to attack. They have bear and coyote too. She thinks that is how she lost one of her cats. Some of my experiences in nature I cannot only call awesome but also spiritual. At my core I am child of nature or some may say a country boy Oh and a false alarm with the child eh? Quite the time.

Originally Posted by Damien1990 View Post
    Thought i'd share the huge black drum my cousin caught with me last summer.

Noice!!!

it was just gas?
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh-oh...

Does it rhyme with schmucas schmug?
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    Does it rhyme with schmucas schmug?
    LOL... Yeah...

The concern now is that she has to work 8 hours Saturday and Sunday, with a big storm moving in and she'll be (What is on a dry tar day) a 30 minute drive from the hospital!

Docs said not to worry and based on her last appointment that chances are low she'll go in the next three days before our 8 am appointment on Monday...

Somehow I think this is going to be a pretty twitchy weekend for me regardless!
    6'4"

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    it was just gas?
    In this process I've learned more about female anatomy and biological functions than I ever cared to.

It's a little bit like someone went to my favorite play ground and just dumped out a septic tank truck and assured me "After the next rain storm it'll be just find to use the swing set again!"
    6'4"

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oversized Black Drum, they don't call'em Big Uglies for nothing.
    Sure are fun to catch though, nice feech mane.