Page 160 of 183 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,800 of 5464
    Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sunny with highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's this week. PERFECT weather, but unheard of for this time of year.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    lost a bet on USA soccer which resulted in a month ban, apparently one of the biggest mass bans in bb.com history lol

its been really hot the last couple days. The car read 110 yesterday and supposed to be warmer today.
    You really need to quit these 'betting' threads.

I am so ready for Fall-like weather. Yesterday was pretty miserable.

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    You really need to quit these 'betting' threads.

I am so ready for Fall-like weather. Yesterday was pretty miserable.
    yeah I dont have a good record on those threads 0 - 2

I like the heat and humidity. I just dont like it on the week days sweating in work clothes. Need to be in my jorts and flops.
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Sunny with highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's this week. PERFECT weather, but unheard of for this time of year.
    Yeah it's basically been a perfect summer up here... Light occasional rains... I've only watered the garden 9 time all year!
    Temps in the 70's for highs upper 50's for lows so you can sleep with the windows open.

Even the humidity has been low 90% of the time.

The only problem with a summer like this is that the tomatoes don't ripen as well... And the lack of atmospheric heating now means another early, cold and brutal winter ahead. What we need is like a massive heat wave in September and October!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz

China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well, the guy wants the hot rod. Settled on a price that will get me out of credit card debt. And with my renewed passion for welding and fabrication, I will use the empty space in the garage for lawn art that I can hopefully sell for some spare change. Hartski Art is born.
    Make sure you don't sell them too cheap. Down here the hipster douches will pay idiot money for lawn art.

Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post

The only problem with a summer like this is that the tomatoes don't ripen as well... And the lack of atmospheric heating now means another early, cold and brutal winter ahead. What we need is like a massive heat wave in September and October!
    Having the same issue down here. With it in the low to mid 60's overnight, maters are taking their sweet assed time ripening. I had to pull 24 plants and throw them in the hothouse to force them to ripen. I need some cash, lol.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    Make sure you don't sell them too cheap. Down here the hipster douches will pay idiot money for lawn art.

Having the same issue down here. With it in the low to mid 60's overnight, maters are taking their sweet assed time ripening. I had to pull 24 plants and throw them in the hothouse to force them to ripen. I need some cash, lol.
    I've got some cherry tomatoes ripening and I'll be eating Cherokee Purple and Brandywine slicers by this weekend.

Normally by this time of year I'm canning and chowing on BLT's daily.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tomatoes are a lost cause for me this year. taters probably won't be any better. Green beans are going crazy, though. I put 4 gallon sized ziplock bags of them in the fridge last night to can when i have time. Took me till 11 to wash and stem them last night. So tired.......

in omnia paratus

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Tomatoes are a lost cause for me this year. taters probably won't be any better. Green beans are going crazy, though. I put 4 gallon sized ziplock bags of them in the fridge last night to can when i have time. Took me till 11 to wash and stem them last night. So tired.......
    Same here on the tomatoes. Last year, I canned almost 40 quarts between spaghetti sauce and salsa. This year, I'll be lucky to get half that. My garden slopes to one corner and all of the tomatoes in or near that corner got washed out by the monsoons earlier this year. 5 or 6 of my 24 plants are kaput from that. Another 7 or 8 are getting destroyed by early blight. I clipped all of the bad leaves early but it still keeps coming back because I can't find any copper spray anywhere.

I've already pulled all of my beans and planted my 2nd rotation. Last year, I only planted beans once because they kept producing the entire summer. For some reason, that's not the case this year. I still have five 1-gallon Ziploc bags in the fridge that I have to can, but the wife is starting to go into labor right now so it'll be a few days before I get to can them.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Okay... So I'm loving this new gig writing for the paper.

Just finishing up a piece for a fundraiser for a PTSD therapy center for Veterans... Then this weekend I'm covering a story about a charity music center being put on by nuns to keep at-risk teens off the street. They opened the music center and even allow the kids to play Rock and Roll. I guess I'll actually be there while the nuns are watching a metallica cover band!

It's nice to do good things for people... Sort of washes the evil off my soul after almost 15 years in sales and marketing!
    6'4"

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    Same here on the tomatoes. Last year, I canned almost 40 quarts between spaghetti sauce and salsa. This year, I'll be lucky to get half that. My garden slopes to one corner and all of the tomatoes in or near that corner got washed out by the monsoons earlier this year. 5 or 6 of my 24 plants are kaput from that. Another 7 or 8 are getting destroyed by early blight. I clipped all of the bad leaves early but it still keeps coming back because I can't find any copper spray anywhere.

I've already pulled all of my beans and planted my 2nd rotation. Last year, I only planted beans once because they kept producing the entire summer. For some reason, that's not the case this year. I still have five 1-gallon Ziploc bags in the fridge that I have to can, but the wife is starting to go into labor right now so it'll be a few days before I get to can them.
    If you water the tomatoes with warm water and a little epsom salt it will help.

They need soil temps of 65 degrees to set and develop fruit.

What happens in these cold summers is that the soil gets to or a little above 65 during the day, then cools down and the plumping and ripening process slows or halts.

If you water them with warm water in the evening then it helps carry over into the cooler night. The magnesium in the epsom salt will also help them take the water up into the plant faster for better plumping and leaves that convert sunlight into sugars. Just follow the instructions on the epsom salt bag for the concentration.
    6'4"

I heard about using epsom salt for my peppers, but I didn't know it would work for the tomatoes, also. I'll be getting some tonight.

We went to a credit union that advertises "money makeovers" last night. Since we have no credit card debt (after i get the check for the hot rod saturday) and we have no mortgage, he couldn't do a lot for us, but by refinancing my truck at 2.9% instead of the 6% it's at now, I can save $150 a month and pay it off in the same amount of time. SCORE!!!!

in omnia paratus

Im battling snails and slugs right now around the house.....taking them out one at a time with salt is satisfying but a big waste of time
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Im battling snails and slugs right now around the house.....taking them out one at a time with salt is satisfying but a big waste of time
    A lot of fun for sure. First time I showed my boys that, they were amazed. Wanted to find more slugs.

Also, was nice to walk out the door this morning and it not be hot and humid. Felt like Fall almost. Is it the end?

Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    A lot of fun for sure. First time I showed my boys that, they were amazed. Wanted to find more slugs.

Also, was nice to walk out the door this morning and it not be hot and humid. Felt like Fall almost. Is it the end?
    it was nice this morning in the 70s....sure is a nice break but Im sure only a temporary cool off. We still have to survive the dog days August
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Chickens in a free range tractor cage. Just move it around the house landscaping every 6 hours. They'll clear it out and eat the weeds.
    6'4"

I heard about using epsom salt for my peppers, but I didn't know it would work for the tomatoes, also. I'll be getting some tonight.

We went to a credit union that advertises "money makeovers" last night. Since we have no credit card debt (after i get the check for the hot rod saturday) and we have no mortgage, he couldn't do a lot for us, but by refinancing my truck at 2.9% instead of the 6% it's at now, I can save $150 a month and pay it off in the same amount of time. SCORE!!!!
    Epsom salt, in the right concentration will work for most plants that are having nutrient problems or suffering from over watering.

Anytime you see a plant with leaves that are yellow but it still has green veins give it a try.
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    If you water the tomatoes with warm water and a little epsom salt it will help.

They need soil temps of 65 degrees to set and develop fruit.

What happens in these cold summers is that the soil gets to or a little above 65 during the day, then cools down and the plumping and ripening process slows or halts.

If you water them with warm water in the evening then it helps carry over into the cooler night. The magnesium in the epsom salt will also help them take the water up into the plant faster for better plumping and leaves that convert sunlight into sugars. Just follow the instructions on the epsom salt bag for the concentration.
    I've got a hose that spits out ultra cold water and a sprinkler. Are there any clever ways to get warm water to the plants?

I've got a hose that spits out ultra cold water and a sprinkler. Are there any clever ways to get warm water to the plants?
    Move to Florida?
    Last edited by jason_bh; 07-31-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Bucket + Bathtub + lugging it out there

In theory there are attachments that let you put a hose onto your sink faucet to and run it out a window... But I'd rather do the bucket method and use it as a forearm and traps warm up!
    6'4"

I just filled my watering can and let it sit out all day in the sun.

in omnia paratus

Yeah you could in theory paint a 5 gallon bucket black and put a lid on it... In the noon sun it would heat up pretty quick.
    6'4"

33 quarts of green beans canned in 2 weeks. I'm beat. And I need to pick more tonight after i get the hot rod ready to ship. Guy is picking it up tomorrow.

in omnia paratus

33 quarts of green beans canned in 2 weeks. I'm beat. And I need to pick more tonight after i get the hot rod ready to ship. Guy is picking it up tomorrow.
    I just canned 14 quarts the other day. My wife started going into labor (false contractions) so I figured I'd better get on it while I still had time. I'd been cutting weight for a contest for the last 3 weeks, so I was only eating meat and green beans for that whole time. I was knocking down probably 2 quarts of beans per day, so I wasn't able to can nearly as much as I wanted to in my first go-round.

I was showing the in laws my chicken coop yesterday and when I opened the nesting box, low and behold I found my first egg.

It's only the side of Abe Lincoln's head on a 5 dollar bill. But it's a start!
    6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pie pan full of beer placed in a dark place will take care of them. You're welcome.

Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Catfish have not been biting real good this season but one of them just happened to be the biggest channel cat I ever caught.

Last edited by Curl Master; 08-03-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Whoa.....actual fishing talk in the ramble?

in omnia paratus

Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whoa.....actual fishing talk in the ramble?
    Yeah. I have been trying everything this year to catch them. Tried chicken livers that did not work out too good. Fell off or fish sucked them off. So I tried a nilon stocking but I found I cut them too long and one fish just pulled on end without getting hooked.

Tried again with smaller stocking pushing hooks through stocking what a mess making those balls were. No bites at all.

They just seem to shut down. Maybe due to weather this year

went on the boat yesterday for a few hours, caught some flounder, trout, cat fish and a sheepshead. Got stung in the hand by a cat fish fin which felt good for about 4 hours....not a single red was seen that day
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT