Page 78 of 183 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 5464
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Holy Crap did I burn my finger...

Digging a french fry, that fell off the pan, out of the bottom of the oven while it was still on is more dangerous than I thought!

Gorgeous day out... Too bad I can't get out and enjoy it.

Wood chucks have found the weak points in the garden fence before I could finish fortifying it, so tonight I'll be busting my ass till sunset.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Holy Crap did I burn my finger...

Digging a french fry, that fell off the pan, out of the bottom of the oven while it was still on is more dangerous than I thought!

Gorgeous day out... Too bad I can't get out and enjoy it.

Wood chucks have found the weak points in the garden fence before I could finish fortifying it, so tonight I'll be busting my ass till sunset.

No homo

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Turbomunkey View Post
    No homo
    Nah... I said "Busing my ass"

Not "Getting my ass busted"

Nor "Busting my sissy boy neighbor's ass"

I've basically got a three day weather window, so every night after work or baby duty, I'll be handing the baby to my wife and digging, moving, raking, planting, moving water lines, taking down fence then putting up more fence.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm watching River Monsters, that would be my dream retirement job. I'd retire right now and hop all over the globe fishing Like Jeremy Wade does except I'd have to take my little brother with me.

Okay so the new planting jig I invented, for companion planting Beets, red bulb onions and yellow scallions at the same time, came together exactly according to plan and worked perfectly. I built it from an old burned out 48" light fixture and a cut up old broom handle.

Assembled exactly as envisions... Made the holes and spacing exactly as I planned.

There was just one little hitch...

Since the 40 foot long row is 48" wide, it means for my feet to not compact the well tilled soil row that I have to keep them at least 49" apart.

I have 38" long legs. That was as close to doing the splits (For an hour) as I've ever come.

Talk about a good hamstring stretching exercise though!
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    I'm watching River Monsters, that would be my dream retirement job. I'd retire right now and hop all over the globe fishing Like Jeremy Wade does except I'd have to take my little brother with me.
    If you like River Monsters, you'll love The Hunt For Big Fish with Larry Dahlberg.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay, so our halfway point evaluation for the kickboxing class is Saturday. I'm hoping to have lost at least 10 pounds and quite a few inches in the last 5 weeks.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Okay, so our halfway point evaluation for the kickboxing class is Saturday. I'm hoping to have lost at least 10 pounds and quite a few inches in the last 5 weeks.
    I think 10 pounds in 5 weeks in the early stages is easily do able... the whole "Inches" thing is so different for everyone, so I wouldn't let that measurement burn you one way or the other.

Good Luck and keep up the good work!
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, I'm not expecting too much in the way of numbers for the first 5 weeks. They always say it sometimes takes that long to get the metabolism fired up and the real results come in the last 5 weeks. I just know that I'm feeling better already.

in omnia paratus

Yeah, I'm not expecting too much in the way of numbers for the first 5 weeks. They always say it sometimes takes that long to get the metabolism fired up and the real results come in the last 5 weeks. I just know that I'm feeling better already.
    Really at the end of the day, the most important thing is just keeping it up as a part of the larger, and healthier lifestyle changes your putting in place.

Like Aristotle said "We are what we do by habit."
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    That's the furthest thing from the truth. Whether it's fat loss, speed training, or strength trainin, your biggest gains are always in the beginning. They're called noob gains. Anyone who says otherwise is either grossly misinformed or selling you something that does not and will not work.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    That's the furthest thing from the truth. Whether it's fat loss, speed training, or strength trainin, your biggest gains are always in the beginning. They're called noob gains. Anyone who says otherwise is either grossly misinformed or selling you something that does not and will not work.
    Yeah for someone who's just dusting the Cheetos off their shirt and walking into a gym for the first time, the first 6 months is pretty much pure progress in one form or another.

I've found for me, when coming back off a layoff or cleared from rehab to train after my many past joint injuries, that the first 3-4 weeks is pretty stagnant and there is a lot of stiffness and DOMS.

And then from week 4-8 it's like having noob gains all over again.

This was especially true after all three shoulder injuries, which is a real blast to have all of that atrophied muscle come back seemingly over night!
    6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Okay so the new planting jig I invented, for companion planting Beets, red bulb onions and yellow scallions at the same time, came together exactly according to plan and worked perfectly. I built it from an old burned out 48" light fixture and a cut up old broom handle.

Assembled exactly as envisions... Made the holes and spacing exactly as I planned.

There was just one little hitch...

Since the 40 foot long row is 48" wide, it means for my feet to not compact the well tilled soil row that I have to keep them at least 49" apart.

I have 38" long legs. That was as close to doing the splits (For an hour) as I've ever come.

Talk about a good hamstring stretching exercise though!
    Just when I was beginning to like you you utter the one vegetables name I despise more than Nancy Pelosi, BEETS!!!

Just when I was beginning to like you you utter the one vegetables name I despise more than Nancy Pelosi, BEETS!!!

]
    Seriously?

I would have thought you to be a Beet man.

I mean excellent side dish to make a beet salad to go with any red meat.

Great nutrient profile, companion plants well with all alliums (Onions and garlic and such)

Main reason I'm growing them is year is because my wife discovered that she LOVES pickled beets. If I put a jar of pickled beets out next to whatever random snack cracker or boutique store bought fruit coated in vegetable thing du jour... She'll choose the pickled beets 100% of the time.
    (She'd never even tried them before having the baby, so I don't know if it's just a post-pregnancy thing or what)

But I figure for the cost of $5 in Tarragon Vinegar and $1.29 in seeds, and I get some weed protection for the onion bed... While saving a couple hundred bucks on my wife's snacks this winter... I'll pull that trigger!
    6'4"

There aren't many veggies I won't eat. Beets, okra and peas are those few.

There aren't many veggies I won't eat. Beets, okra and peas are those few.
    I can understand Okra and all of it's "Slime" challenges in cooking it... Basically if it's not in a stew or deep fried, Okra is a veggie mixed with snot.

Peas... If it's cowpeas or southern shelling peas... Yeah I'm not overly interested there either. But if we're talking snap or snow peas that you eat in the pod... I absolutely LOVE those. I'll eat a whole meal of them, or make a stir fry from them.

Last year I'd take some round steak... Slice it thin, put in an asian marinade the night before...

Then go out the next day, work in the field and garden... Fire up the grill, put the griddle on it, then I'd just pick a bunch of scallions, snap peas and baby carrots, just stir fry them on the gridle over a charcoal fire. Drop it on top of some sticky rice and it was a quick awesome stir fry.
    6'4"

There's just not enough time.Work 10 hours, go work out for an hour, then cook dinner and try to get stuff done outside until dark. I didn't even cook last night because there's so many leftovers and it took me almost 3 hours to mow the dang lawn because it's so freakin thick and wet this spring. I think I might be burning the candle at both ends because the list of stuff to do keeps getting longer and I haven't even got my peas into the garden yet!

in omnia paratus

There's just not enough time.Work 10 hours, go work out for an hour, then cook dinner and try to get stuff done outside until dark. I didn't even cook last night because there's so many leftovers and it took me almost 3 hours to mow the dang lawn because it's so freakin thick and wet this spring. I think I might be burning the candle at both ends because the list of stuff to do keeps getting longer and I haven't even got my peas into the garden yet!
    It's okay... Getting fast at multi-tasking and finding new gears and ultimately developing the vision to "Organize the little things" takes time.

It's kind of like that scene in Men in Black where they say "We run on Centauri Time, which is a 30 hour day... You'll get used to it, or you'll go insane."

The modern world as it's built and designed currently tries to train people into wasting their time and/or being inefficent. (This down time allows you to watch TV commercials and spend money shopping after all.

Once you retrain yourself for the "Active" lifestyle you'll find extra gears and multi-tasking tricks...

Step 1... Get in better shape
    Step 2... Watch less TV
    Step 3 ??????
    Step 4 "The Matrix"

6'4"

So the farmer who has the field next to me decided to spread manuer last night... The liquidified spreader even.

He started at 6 (Chasing me out of the garden) and kept going until 11:30 at night.

It made a putrid miasma... Like a Fog of feculent horrendousness that keeps sneaking into the house with each door opening and closing as we slowly run out of clean air.

He's spread before... But never like this... It was like he said "Well, one field left, and we have 100 billion gallons, might as well not waste it!"

Hopefully this rain knocks it out of the air!
    6'4"

It's okay... Getting fast at multi-tasking and finding new gears and ultimately developing the vision to "Organize the little things" takes time.

It's kind of like that scene in Men in Black where they say "We run on Centauri Time, which is a 30 hour day... You'll get used to it, or you'll go insane."

The modern world as it's built and designed currently tries to train people into wasting their time and/or being inefficent. (This down time allows you to watch TV commercials and spend money shopping after all.

Once you retrain yourself for the "Active" lifestyle you'll find extra gears and multi-tasking tricks...

Step 1... Get in better shape
    Step 2... Watch less TV
    Step 3 ??????
    Step 4 "The Matrix"

Honestly, the only time we watch tv is during breakfast in the morning and while I cook/eat at night. Maybe an hour

in omnia paratus

Honestly, the only time we watch tv is during breakfast in the morning and while I cook/eat at night. Maybe an hour
    One of the big key tricks I've found...

"Sleep-Laundry" Just set the Laundry going when I go to bed at night, and get up with the buzzers to switch things over.
    6'4"

The rain will knock the cow pies outta the air. I spray the fields several times a year and I let other farmers put theirs in there too.

The rain will knock the cow pies outta the air. I spray the fields several times a year and I let other farmers put theirs in there too.
    Yeah over the course of the day the rain has brought it down to just smelling like "The Country." for a while there it was so strong I was getting worried about the baby!
    6'4"

Yeah over the course of the day the rain has brought it down to just smelling like "The Country." for a while there it was so strong I was getting worried about the baby!
    Nothing harmful in there.

Popcorn and taters have sprouted!! Sweet!!

in omnia paratus

Yeah that big soaking rain really woke up a lot of my garden and roots (Like Rhubarb) The Forest has gone from dormant buds to sparkling with little green buds literally over night!
    6'4"

A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote pasture when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.

The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, Will you give me a calf?"

Bud looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, Why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASApage on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg , Germany .

Within seconds, he receives an email confirming that the image has been processed and the data stored.

He then accesses an MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his cell phone and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-color report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Bud.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're an aide in the Obama Administration", says Bud.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep.

Now give me back my dog.

Hahahaha, that's a good one, Greenfeather.

in omnia paratus

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah I saw this limping coyote. Heard a bunch of wounded rabbit noises down in the pines. The snow was just starting to melt so I gave it a day to go from knee deep to ankle. Went down there with a bucket of KFC and the 22 and I found the Yote tracks. Followed them to the narrow path leading to the salt block in front of my stand... Thats where they met the tracks from that big ass buck I named "Sausages."

The Yote met up with him at the salt block.

The Yote went in with 4 tracks... You see a dance of tracks... Yote ran out with 3 tracks!

Guess instead of a Guard Dog I've got a Guard Deer!

When we moved in 366 days ago, the previous owner told me that some years the Deer live here in herds up to 30... Other times they're completely gone. Last year they were casual visitors... So far this last week there have been between 5-8 of them living in the field bordering my driveway and then bedding down in my pines.

Been getting mink up by the house too...

With all the wild life I have on the property my daughter is going to grow up to be a zoologist!

How's your little one doing?
    What are your guys trapping regs like up there? Might be something to look into. I know we are way overrun with predators down here and its sure shown with the decline in turkeys.

The baby is doing great. On par as far as size goes, may even call her petite but she is already as smart as a whip.

Hows your tike Nain?
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

So in the first 5 weeks of the program, I've lost 10 pounds, lost some inches, and improved my mile time by 90 seconds. It's a good start.

in omnia paratus