Page 76 of 183 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 5464
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    I've had good luck w/ Buck Forage Oats for a small food plot.
    Yeah if the soil moisture comes back this summer, then I'll probably go with one of the perennial blends, let it take hold this year and do it's thing next year.

Last summer's punishing drought up here really depleted a lot of soil moisture and I'm straight up not going through all the watering and running hoses that I went through last year.

Especially since those hoses will now be called into play for the Garden and Orchard expansion.

Used a pinch of my early bonus check today to buy some of the good rabbit fence!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If we still had snow on the ground here, I'd be gnawing the end off a 12 ga right now. DONOTWANT.jpeg

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    If we still had snow on the ground here, I'd be gnawing the end off a 12 ga right now. DONOTWANT.jpeg
    If we didn't have high 60's and 70's in the forecast starting tomorrow through next week... I'd be in a pretty dark mood.

Right now, knowing that the forecast is for 66 tomorrow has me more excited tonight than I was on at least half of the christmas eve's when I was a kid!

This has been the most brutal winter I've ever had in my entire life... Moved out to the country with long ass driveway... Pregnant wife, then newborn... Second coldest and 4th snowiest winter this county has seen since 1863, complete with massive ground blizzards and high winds.

It's been nuts!

I'm crazy excited for a weekend of doing yard work, drinking beer and smoking pork shoulders with the guys!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    10" beard, 1" spurs I hope to have some fish pics up late next week.

My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

So I went down into the pines last night to see if I could at least get a bead on the Coyote situation.

I found it's tracks... Followed them the long way round... Then I ran into the tracks of "Sausages" that BIG ass buck that holes up in my woods from time to time.

Looks like the coyote was following Sausages...

Then I came to an area in the narrow trail through the brambles (Not far from my deer stand actually). Where it looks like Sausages and the Coyote had an impromtu meeting at the salt block!

There was a cluster of tracks.

Then a 3 legged trail of Coyote tracks making a straight line for the snow fence, where I found a damaged section.

Some people have a guard dog... Looks like I've got a Guard Deer!
    6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    So I went down into the pines last night to see if I could at least get a bead on the Coyote situation.

I found it's tracks... Followed them the long way round... Then I ran into the tracks of "Sausages" that BIG ass buck that holes up in my woods from time to time.

Looks like the coyote was following Sausages...

Then I came to an area in the narrow trail through the brambles (Not far from my deer stand actually). Where it looks like Sausages and the Coyote had an impromtu meeting at the salt block!

There was a cluster of tracks.

Then a 3 legged trail of Coyote tracks making a straight line for the snow fence, where I found a damaged section.

Some people have a guard dog... Looks like I've got a Guard Deer!
    I always remind the youngins that a deer that big DID NOT get that big by being stupid.

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    # 2 for Shelia

I'm heading to the Lake tomorrow evening. Time to get serious about the striper fishing.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So I went and got Dad's lawn mower and tiller this weekend. Got my garden tilled and neighbor's garden, and 2 friends' gardens. In honor of George Jones' passing, i drove the mower all over town with beer in hand all weekend.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    damn you are killing some nice turkeys
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    So I went and got Dad's lawn mower and tiller this weekend. Got my garden tilled and neighbor's garden, and 2 friends' gardens. In honor of George Jones' passing, i drove the mower all over town with beer in hand all weekend.
    I got the new green house assembled and skinned, giving it 24 hours of wind (And a chance of rain before I start putting plants into it.

Got a serious sun burn this weekend in the process, but it's nice to have some color again.

Last year I was so bronze that it took until February for my tan to fade.
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, this stupid long winter had me pasty white again. Got some nice color this weekend.

So far I've got 6 rows of popcorn planted, and 42 taters in the ground.

in omnia paratus

I really need to figure out how to become independantly wealthy. This 8-10 hours a day working in a factory is killing me a little every day.......

in omnia paratus

I really need to figure out how to become independantly wealthy. This 8-10 hours a day working in a factory is killing me a little every day.......
    Got the cold weather crop part of the garden tilled last night, so I can start putting in the potatoes, peas and cabbage.

Holy crap, double tilling 4000 square feet with a front tine tiller as fast as you can is a work out.

If I get a break in the wind this evening, I'm going to try some extreme onion planting and later some hypertropic planter board moving!
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Step one - cut your lifestyle to live on less than you earn.
    Step two - get out of debt
    Step three - save like crazy and never go back into debt
    Step four - become independently wealthy by the time you retire

Step 1a may be getting some education so that you increase the income side of the equation depending on how your current income is. But cutting the lifestyle is huge.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post

Step 1a may be getting some education so that you increase the income side of the equation depending on how your current income is. But cutting the lifestyle is huge.

Or...

Step 1: Live like Nainoa Does
    Step 2: ?????
    Step 3: Profit

I'm still working on the Step 2... I think there's a few details that need to be ironed out.

Like last night, I wanted to go to bed early... But had a pile of Laundry... my room is near the laundry room... So I set everything up... Went to sleep and just got up when the buzzers sounded.

Got my laundry done and Sort Of got a good night's sleep.

Not sure if I'm going to try that again!
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Or...

Step 1: Live like Nainoa Does
    Step 2: ?????
    Step 3: Profit

I'm still working on the Step 2... I think there's a few details that need to be ironed out.

Like last night, I wanted to go to bed early... But had a pile of Laundry... my room is near the laundry room... So I set everything up... Went to sleep and just got up when the buzzers sounded.

Got my laundry done and Sort Of got a good night's sleep.

Not sure if I'm going to try that again!
    Your plan is not doable for us lesser mortals.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

That plan still requires the soul-sucking factory work for the next 10,017 days. That's the part I'm trying to get around......

in omnia paratus

Your plan is not doable for us lesser mortals.

The only difference between me and Normies (Normal People) is that Normie's have accepted their limitations.

The first step is trying to answer the hardest question known to man.
    6'4"

That plan still requires the soul-sucking factory work for the next 10,017 days. That's the part I'm trying to get around......
    You missed part 1a.

You missed part 1a.
    See in the "Fit into the system more successfully" model, then constant retraining and education are absolutely key.

However it still means that you have to buy into a part of a system that is part of a larger system that is run either by corrupt politicians or corrupt corporations.

As I learned growing up poor... If you follow the system model, they can, and often do, find a way to take more from you than you get from them... the only question is the length of time it takes for the extraction of personal soul to happen.

In what I call "The Recipe" for Personal Happiness, there are key ingredients, that exist like the proportions of ingredients in a cake.

For some people "Ambition" is only an accent like Vanilla... Or maybe it's a binder like eggs that holds the rest of the ingredients together in the mix.

However I believe (And I could be wrong here... But I don't think I am) That "Control" or "The Power to make choices" must be the "Flour" of the recipe if Long Term happiness is to be pursued. And I don't know about you, but I've never seen the Systematic view of the world ever dole out more than a tid bit of control to people, usually only in the form of Money, it can give or take as the system sees fit.
    6'4"

You missed part 1a.
    Honestly i can't think of anything I could stand doing that would require any more education than I have already. Income is okay for now, ~70k with no mortgage to worry about and only a couple years of payments left on the truck.

in omnia paratus

Honestly i can't think of anything I could stand doing that would require any more education than I have already. Income is okay for now, ~70k with no mortgage to worry about and only a couple years of payments left on the truck.
    Sounds like you're getting itchy for that next step in your life...

What do you want to do for the next 25 years?
    6'4"

There's plenty of things I'd like to do for careers, but there really isn't any call for them, especially in this economic enviroment. I'd love to have a car/home audio shop, but the 2 shops in town are struggling because peope don't have the extra cash, and they buy most things on the internet or at Best Buy (because most people have no idea what quality audio/video is)
    I'd love to build Hot Rods for a living, but again, there isn't enough demand to make it a go right now.
    I'd like to set up my own brew pub, but they are freakin everywhere.

in omnia paratus

See in the "Fit into the system more successfully" model, then constant retraining and education are absolutely key.

However it still means that you have to buy into a part of a system that is part of a larger system that is run either by corrupt politicians or corrupt corporations.

As I learned growing up poor... If you follow the system model, they can, and often do, find a way to take more from you than you get from them... the only question is the length of time it takes for the extraction of personal soul to happen.

In what I call "The Recipe" for Personal Happiness, there are key ingredients, that exist like the proportions of ingredients in a cake.

For some people "Ambition" is only an accent like Vanilla... Or maybe it's a binder like eggs that holds the rest of the ingredients together in the mix.

However I believe (And I could be wrong here... But I don't think I am) That "Control" or "The Power to make choices" must be the "Flour" of the recipe if Long Term happiness is to be pursued. And I don't know about you, but I've never seen the Systematic view of the world ever dole out more than a tid bit of control to people, usually only in the form of Money, it can give or take as the system sees fit.
    True, but since we can't fully unplug from the matrix, we have to find a way to survive without buying into it too much. I see the system for what it is and am milking it to give me what I can get out of it and then I'm out. Thankfully my wife feels the same way. We are actively earning significantly more than we spend so it will let us get what we need while we are young and then get out of the working world and only cut back our working life to subsistence.

There's plenty of things I'd like to do for careers, but there really isn't any call for them, especially in this economic enviroment. I'd love to have a car/home audio shop, but the 2 shops in town are struggling because peope don't have the extra cash, and they buy most things on the internet or at Best Buy (because most people have no idea what quality audio/video is)
    I'd love to build Hot Rods for a living, but again, there isn't enough demand to make it a go right now.
    SO how about a Hot Rod themed brew pub where only the best quality music is played on quality audio equipment?

Haha, certainly wouldn't make a go of it in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

in omnia paratus

I could see an end product where you build hot rods for high end clients. Right now the Rich are Getting Richer and/or Corporations are having a bigger and bigger stake. Look at shops like we used to see on "American Chopper" where they took cookie cutter motorcycles and made custom works out of them for companies and high end rich-ity types all across the country.

They were doing that stuff in their basement 20 years ago... Now look at how they have it!

Iowa being centrally located means that the cost of shipping parts in and moving the end product out would be convenient.

Now the steps from here to there are probably pretty serious...

Like do you have the skills/abilities and education?

If not... Refer to Iceman's 1a option etc...

Step 2. ?????
    Step 3. Happiness

At the end of the day, life is too short and precious, and too filled with every day miracles to spend it spinning your wheels in a rat race where you hope to collect enough cash and food pellets to not have to worry too much.

Happiness is not a lack of worry... Happiness is the constant pursuit or rewarding challenges that help you grow as a person, whether that growth is in money or substance or experience or wisdom or whatever your personal metric might be, is up to you.

But a man who lives his life feeling like his actions are without greater purpose is no different than a Tiger that paces it's cage in boredom and frustration in the zoo.
    6'4"

This is the way you do it folks. You can't be going out and buying the newest Iphone/pad every 3 years. The computer I'm on is from 2007 and I'll repair what breaks inside it.

I did this for 5 years while I worked on my becoming a machinist. After that, the only time I go into one is to service them. You will NEVER, EVER get rich working for someone else. You need to find a niche market and exploit the hell out of it. Getting into service is a GREAT way to make a living. You call me, the clock starts when I pick up the phone and doesn't end till I return home @ $400/ hour. A call alone is $100.

Nainoa, we need to open up a bakery. I damn near died in Wegmans today. $12 for a bundt coffee cake, seriously, WTF?

At the end of the day, life is too short and precious, and too filled with every day miracles to spend it spinning your wheels in a rat race where you hope to collect enough cash and food pellets to not have to worry too much.

Happiness is not a lack of worry... Happiness is the constant pursuit or rewarding challenges that help you grow as a person, whether that growth is in money or substance or experience or wisdom or whatever your personal metric might be, is up to you.

But a man who lives his life feeling like his actions are without greater purpose is no different than a Tiger that paces it's cage in boredom and frustration in the zoo.
    This is the cold hard truth right there.

We only have so many minutes of life on this green earth and every minute you spend working for a dollar is a minute you get cheated. Right off the top, few employers pay fairly, then the government takes 25-35%, and then with the money you do get, anytime you buy or sell something there are more taxes, and most everything you can buy goes down in value over time and even the dollar you earned a year ago isn't worth the same today.

Basically every time you trade your minutes for dollars you lose.

The trick is to trade as little as possible so you can keep what is most valuable - your free time and your life.

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    This is the way you do it folks. You can't be going out and buying the newest Iphone/pad every 3 years. The computer I'm on is from 2007 and I'll repair what breaks inside it.

I did this for 5 years while I worked on my becoming a machinist. After that, the only time I go into one is to service them. You will NEVER, EVER get rich working for someone else. You need to find a niche market and exploit the hell out of it. Getting into service is a GREAT way to make a living. You call me, the clock starts when I pick up the phone and doesn't end till I return home @ $400/ hour. A call alone is $100.

Nainoa, we need to open up a bakery. I damn near died in Wegmans today. $12 for a bundt coffee cake, seriously, WTF?
    This man also gets it. All the latest gadgets and cars and flat screen tvs, etc are all designed to keep people enslaved and working in the grind. If you only purchased what you truly needed, you would not be in debt and could work less. But the banking industry and big commercial groups would suffer, so they fabricated a commercial society to keep you needing to slave away.