Page 75 of 183 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 5464
    lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    So do I use my Fishing Pass for:

A. A Musky opener trip, that just rolls over into some pan fishing if I'm wrong on the water temps in the musky bay. The Crew I'd need for this, means I'd run the truck and boat and not drink beer.

B. Take my boat over to the River Resevoir close to home on the weekend after Father's day and just have a leisurely day trolling with the current pitching baits for smallies and the occasional Pike or Walleye... And the crew I'd take for this would run the truck and boat for me, so I could tip back a 12 pack.

?
    Muskies are usually settled into their presummer patterns by the time opener rolls around. This year, they will probably spawn not more than a week late (spawn has just as much to do with hours of daylight as it does water temp). More likely is the scenario where they're delayed in transitioning from their post spawn pattern to their presummer pattern. In that case, the muskies will still be in post-spawn transition areas, which are the warmer, shallow areas between their spawning beds and the weedlines or deep water structure they relate to in the pre-summer and summer periods. Look for the shallower, warmer water on the north side of the lake near developing weedlines and you should have some luck.

Of course, trolling is always a great way to locate the fish when you have no idea where they'll be. Once you get it narrowed down to general areas, you can start casting to get more specific.

Trolling for northerns a little later in the season should be fun, too.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    Muskies are usually settled into their post spawn patterns by the time opener rolls around. This year, they will most likely still have spawned not more than a week or two late (spawn has just as much to do with hours of daylight as it does water temp). It's highly possible that the muskies will still be in post-spawn transition areas, which are the warmer, shallow areas between their spawning beds and the weedlines or deep water structure they relate to in the pre-summer and summer periods. Look for the shallower, warmer water on the north side of the lake near developing weedlines and you should have some luck.

Of course, trolling is always a great way to locate the fish when you have no idea where they'll be. Once you get it narrowed down to general areas, you can start casting to get more specific.

Trolling for northerns a little later in the season should be fun, too.

I just know where they were concentrated the week before opener, that year when we had a cold spring and this year we're AT LEAST a week (Probably 3) behind it.

But I suppose all it takes is a big heat wave rolling through between now and then to catch up the shallows.

This weekend is my big project weekend, and the forecast for Saturday is "Supposed" to be 67 and then it's "Supposed to be" 72 on Sunday.

It is currently snowing outside my office window.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    I just know where they were concentrated the week before opener, that year when we had a cold spring and this year we're AT LEAST a week (Probably 3) behind it.
    That's the thing, though. Water temp isn't the be-all, end-all factor in spawning that fish biologists once thought it was. The actual act of spawning is much more dependent on hours of daylight. Egg survivability/fry mortality is much more dependent on water temps.

Slower warming water means their metabolism isn't boosted up yet and they aren't fully recovered from the spawn, meaning more sluggish fish. Like I said, they'll probably be in the post spawn/presummer transition areas when opener rolls around this year.

In general, muskie opener is usually slow. They've already gorged on everything in sight to build their strength up after spawning and you're best waiting a few weeks until they're settled into their presummer or summer patterns. That's most years. This year with the unseasonably cold water, we might get lucky and catch them during their post spawn feeding frenzy this year.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Wow, looking for accessories for the new Jeep is crazy. So much stuff out there!
    Just avoid Rocky Road Outfitters like the fukn plague, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

In other news, plants are in the ground, I'm growing out 200 Walleye and a nice batch of catfeesh are brewing in pond 3.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post

In other news, plants are in the ground, I'm growing out 200 Walleye and a nice batch of catfeesh are brewing in pond 3.
    If I threw a shovel at the ground right now it would make a clinking sound like a sheet of battleship steel.

That would be after I shoveled the foot of snow and ice off it!

If it wasn't for the fact that there are high 60's and low 70's in the forecast for this weekend I would have raged out at the snow last night.

As it stands... I'm just hangin' on mentally for that fact.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

So I only caught some glimpses and heard some noises yesterday... But I think there is a wounded Coyote living in my pines eating rabbits.

(I suppose it could always be a wild dog)

Something with a slight limp and a strange yowl, that looks like a dog is down there killing rabbits... And the neighbor dogs on their chains are going crazy barking at it.

I'm debating if it would be better for me to go down there today where there is fresh fallen snow to track it in (But movement sucks) or wait till the snow melts.

I was watching the "Call of the Wildman" marathon on last night, and I'm pretty sure I can grab the coyote by hand, after I shoot it in the head a couple times with the 22.
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thanks. We're sticking with MOPAR stuff, and some Rancho tubular doors for now. And We're liking this-http://www.jeep4x4center.com/c-res-systems-cargo-net-sb-571035.html
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

So I only caught some glimpses and heard some noises yesterday... But I think there is a wounded Coyote living in my pines eating rabbits.

(I suppose it could always be a wild dog)

Something with a slight limp and a strange yowl, that looks like a dog is down there killing rabbits... And the neighbor dogs on their chains are going crazy barking at it.

I'm debating if it would be better for me to go down there today where there is fresh fallen snow to track it in (But movement sucks) or wait till the snow melts.
    You're never going to track down a yote. Here's whatcha do.

Load up your 12 ga with 00 buckshot and put on your camo.
    Go to a spot that looks like it would be a nice ambush spot for a yote.
    Slightly cup your hand and put it up to your mouth, with your thumb pointing down.
    Start kissing your palm.

This is the easiest way to make a wounded rabbit call. This is a siren's song for any predator within earshot.

Cliffs:
    Put on camo
    Load gun
    Kiss hand
    Shoot
    Profit?

You're never going to track down a yote. Here's whatcha do.

Load up your 12 ga with 00 buckshot and put on your camo.
    Go to a spot that looks like it would be a nice ambush spot for a yote.
    Slightly cup your hand and put it up to your mouth, with your thumb pointing down.
    Start kissing your palm.

This is the easiest way to make a wounded rabbit call. This is a siren's song for any predator within earshot.

Cliffs:
    Put on camo
    Load gun
    Kiss hand
    Shoot
    Profit?
    Yeah it was actually the sound of the wounded rabbit that caught my attention and got me looking.

What do you think my chances are of trapping it?

Where the hell is 44Hunter when you need him!
    6'4"

What do you think my chances are of trapping it?
    Without much trapping experience? I'd say your chances aren't very bueno. My trapping experience is limited to what I can coax into my back yard, so I can't really help you there.

Without much trapping experience? I'd say your chances aren't very bueno. My trapping experience is limited to what I can coax into my back yard, so I can't really help you there.
    I figured set a 220 trap with a bucket of KFC in it as bait.
    Go to bed
    Get up in the morning and shoot it.
    Skin pelt and sell it on Ebay
    ?????
    Profit

6'4"

If you plan to use a conibear to trap a yote, you're using the wrong tool. The guys I know who trap yotes do it with leg hold traps.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Club them when they're trapped. No bullet holes in the pelt.

in omnia paratus

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If I threw a shovel at the ground right now it would make a clinking sound like a sheet of battleship steel.

That would be after I shoveled the foot of snow and ice off it!

If it wasn't for the fact that there are high 60's and low 70's in the forecast for this weekend I would have raged out at the snow last night.

As it stands... I'm just hangin' on mentally for that fact.
    I'll have a salable crop of tomatoes in 2 weeks. I'm pulling a few a day right now for personal use. During the summer I damn near become a vegetarian, ALMOST, if you don't count the steaks.

Club them when they're trapped. No bullet holes in the pelt.
    Get yourself a Muskrat hook, that's what I use to dispatch them when trapped. I've never trapped a Coyote, I always hose them with bullets and bury them.

I'll have a salable crop of tomatoes in 2 weeks. I'm pulling a few a day right now for personal use. During the summer I damn near become a vegetarian, ALMOST, if you don't count the steaks.
    I hear ya... I'm at a point in my growing experience where I can sense what's about to come into season in the garden, and I can just thaw a skirt steak or a half chicken and there's a rainbow of veg to go with it.
    6'4"

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    So I've discovered that if I sing the Eagle's "7 Bridges Road" the baby smiles, coos and falls asleep... Then she wakes up 20 minutes later... Rinse and repeat.
    Makes me wonder how many times I'll sing that song today!
    I've had to re-learn all my accoustic songs for the grandson.
    He really likes:
    Eagles- Hotel California and Take it easy (need to re-learn desperado, lyin eyes, and tequila sunrise
    Oh Well (OLD Fleetwood Mac song - pre-lindsey and stevie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A27ImPi3-jU )
    Yes- Mood for a day
    Zeppelin - over the hills and far away, stairway, and babe I'm leaving
    Lynyrd - Sweet home and simple man
    Buffet - margaritaville

had to re-string and am learning to play and sing all over again, at a lower register...ggrrrrrrrr

He also likes the electric:
    ZZ-Top Tush
    Metallica - Enter sandman
    Nugent - Stranglehold and hey baby
    Seger - old time rock & roll
    Bad company - bad company

It's frustrating to struggle to re-learn what I used to be able to play in my sleep
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    I've had to re-learn all my accoustic songs for the grandson.
    He really likes:
    Eagles- Hotel California and Take it easy (need to re-learn desperado, lyin eyes, and tequila sunrise
    Oh Well (OLD Fleetwood Mac song - pre-lindsey and stevie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A27ImPi3-jU )
    Yes- Mood for a day
    Zeppelin - over the hills and far away, stairway, and babe I'm leaving
    Lynyrd - Sweet home and simple man
    Buffet - margaritaville

had to re-string and am learning to play and sing all over again, at a lower register...ggrrrrrrrr

He also likes the electric:
    ZZ-Top Tush
    Metallica - Enter sandman
    Nugent - Stranglehold and hey baby
    Seger - old time rock & roll
    Bad company - bad company

It's frustrating to struggle to re-learn what I used to be able to play in my sleep
    Yeah today is another Daddy-Daughter Day (Mother in Law at a doctor)... Needed to switch it up a little bit and doing some Take It Easy and Best of my Love.

Hotel California is completely lost on her!

Other than a couple of diapers though she let me get 8 hours of sleep last night!
    6'4"

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Needed to switch it up a little bit and doing some Take It Easy and Best of my Love.

Hotel California is completely lost on her!
    We have two dogs, one is a Licky dog, so hotel California becomes hotel Lickafornia "plenty of tongues at the hotel lickafornia......such a lovely place, then she licks your face" you get the concept, cracks my oldest daughter, his mom, up. He just smiles and runs in place...
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Nice!

Had a $979 commission bonus come in last night!

Gonna celebrate by buying the 40 inch rabbit fence and a steak to eat for the NFL draft tonight!
    6'4"

I have to mow lawn after our workout tonight. And it's lower body resistance training tonight, so mowing will suck.........

in omnia paratus

I have to mow lawn after our workout tonight. And it's lower body resistance training tonight, so mowing will suck.........
    Could be worse... I still have 2-4 inches of snow pack covering at least 75% of the yard.

Supposed to get to 66 tomorrow!
    6'4"

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nainoa,

You will do better w/ a gun. A 220 coniber trap and coyote do not mix. If he gets in it, he will wake up the dead. I tried that once w/ a smaller canine than a coyote and man I thought I was going to end up w/ every law enforcement person in the county here at 4:30 AM. It doesn't sound pretty.

I enjoyed some time at the Lake. We caught a few stripers....no pics. They should really be prime for night time topwater action next week.

Shelia and I both got turkeys while there. I hope to get my pics tomorrow (used old phone).

Here is Shelia's 10" beard, 1 & 3/16" spurs

My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Nainoa,

You will do better w/ a gun. A 220 coniber trap and coyote do not mix. If he gets in it, he will wake up the dead. I tried that once w/ a smaller canine than a coyote and man I thought I was going to end up w/ every law enforcement person in the county here at 4:30 AM. It doesn't sound pretty.

I enjoyed some time at the Lake. We caught a few stripers....no pics. They should really be prime for night time topwater action next week.

Shelia and I both got turkeys while there. I hope to get my pics tomorrow (used old phone).

Here is Shelia's 10" beard, 1 & 3/16" spurs
    That's a nice bird!

I haven't heard or seen anything of the coyote since... The snow pack is finally melted down to the point where I won't me tromping through knee deep snow to go down there... Since I'm working the Easter Time zone (Indiana) this month, my Day ends at 4... Figure I'll take a walk down there tonight.
    6'4"

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks.

Not long after we took the pics where she is standing, we went back to where she shot from to take a few more. A coyote came up to almost the exact spot she shot the turkey. Both of our guns were unloaded.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

Thanks.

Not long after we took the pics where she is standing, we went back to where she shot from to take a few more. A coyote came up to almost the exact spot she shot the turkey. Both of our guns were unloaded.
    I'm kind of shocked at the amount of wild life I have here on the property. I mean I've been way up north where it's a lot more wild and seen less animal presence, tracks, scat and sightings etc...

My buddy thinks it's because I'm essentially a mile south of a pretty decent size state forest/preserve that is managed to maintain MN wild life and these things like Mink, Possums, Coyote are making forays out of that preserve and over to me, since I'm near two water sources.

Might also explain why there is wild turkey North and South of me, but none here?
    6'4"

I was shocked when I went to Alaska. We have a ton more wildlife than they do.

You have or don't have certain wild animals for one reason.....habitat. You either have what they need or you don't. Now, that doesn't mean you have to have everything on your small farm. I would look at putting a good mineral lick right in the middle of your hunting area for deer. That is probably the best "cost effective" thing you can do.
    My current log

I was shocked when I went to Alaska. We have a ton more wildlife than they do.

You have or don't have certain wild animals for one reason.....habitat. You either have what they need or you don't. Now, that doesn't mean you have to have everything on your small farm. I would look at putting a good mineral lick right in the middle of your hunting area for deer. That is probably the best "cost effective" thing you can do.
    Yeah during the legal times I always have a lick or a block of some kind out there.

This summer I'm going to line the driveway with sun flowers, so when they chop the fields I'll still have something that brings them in during that mid range time zone between the field being chopped and shot gun opener.

Plus it will look pretty and be low maintenance!
    6'4"

Yeah during the legal times I always have a lick or a block of some kind out there.

This summer I'm going to line the driveway with sun flowers, so when they chop the fields I'll still have something that brings them in during that mid range time zone between the field being chopped and shot gun opener.

Plus it will look pretty and be low maintenance!
    When is your opener and do you have a place for a small food plot....100' x 50' or so???
    My current log

When is your opener and do you have a place for a small food plot....100' x 50' or so???
    We just have to remove all baiting stations, licks and blocks 10 days before hunting a location.

I did a food plot last year... But with tilling and then watering in the drought it was way more work than it was as a draw. With the baby now in the mix, it's one of those things I've just put on the shelf for this year.
    6'4"

I've had good luck w/ Buck Forage Oats for a small food plot.
    My current log