Page 66 of 183 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 5464
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    I haven't made it yet, sitting in a training room 8-5 for last three weeks and had maybe 4 hours of training. All the new onboarding class is stuck waiting for our preliminary security clearances to come through. Can't touch anything until we get those approvals. Two peeps have already disappeared and not come back.
    So you just kind of sit in a chair all day waiting for someone to let you through the big yellow door if you pass, or Taser you in the gooch and drag your unconscious body out to the dumpster, all day?
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like a government job......
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Three and a half hours to clear all that snow yesterday!

I am officially ready to be DONE with winter.

I blew out the ditch lines yesterday, on the optimistic hope that it would give the melt water somewhere to run off to!

6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Three and a half hours to clear all that snow yesterday!

I am officially ready to be DONE with winter.
    Me, too. I'm ready for the open water. June 1st and muskie season can't come soon enough!
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm ready too. I'm going to learn how to fish this year

in omnia paratus

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    Me, too. I'm ready for the open water. June 1st and muskie season can't come soon enough!
    My hope is within a 2 weeks to be smoking my first brisket of the year... Just can't get the brisket itch out of my head!

Then at the end of April/Early May (Depending on ice out) I'm going to try to sneak away on one of my wife's days off for "Slab Fest" Probably do it on some mid-week afternoon.

Then I'm pre-approved for Father's day or the week before Father's Day to just take the boat down the river casting for Smallies.

Maybe take an over night for what used to be the weekly wilderness retreat in August.

Which I'm kind of fine with only 1 night, since most of the true "Sportsmen" show up less and less... And the core is me, trying to add myself to 3 bachelors who just want to get stone drunk for a week straight and talk about their favorite TV shows.
    6'4"

Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    I'm ready too. I'm going to learn how to fish this year
    Best way to start is to find a spot with some of what I call "Practice Crappies."

Find a lake that has a decent crappie population and has a creek (Preferably with a bridge) on the north side. Once the ice comes off the lake, go there with a slip bobber rig and a green "Mini Mite" baited with wax worms. (I just buy the big tub and keep them alive in the fridge for a month)

Drop it down and set your depth on the slip bobber so that your little green mini-mite JUST vanishes into the water. (That's the depth and visual light level that spring crappies like to strike at)

You'll do better on a sunny warm day than a cold one.

You'll probably only get smallish crappies at first, but they should come fast and furious, and it will get you used to hook setting and how long to wait to let them take it... Tieing knots, unhooking and all the little stuff that can make or break a fishing trip during the prime times of summer.
    6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Two of the smartest horses I've ever lnown have neen Belgians. You could just see in their eyes. "I'll finish the work, you just keep on drinking...."
    Mine is like that, cept I don't drink. He can move some tremendous loads.

I found a replacement for your seafoam t shirt Nainoa.

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    Mine is like that, cept I don't drink. He can move some tremendous loads.

I found a replacement for your seafoam t shirt Nainoa.

LOL...

Yeah every winter I put on weight and then drop it again in the spring... Both at unhealthy rates

But this year with the massive snows, and ground blizzards and the baby and taking over all the household chores, I'm already dropping down to my spring weight... As a result I'd like to think that I'm "Making Plumber Crack into a new fashion statement!"
    6'4"

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Bro...

What did they start you out on the 7-12's?

How's the new job?
    Nah just won't hit BB.com from DoD computers and also had my appendix ripped out over the weekend so haven't had much browsing time.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    Sounds sinister.
    Very sinister. One of my ne coworkers spent 10 years in the CIA. I think he may be a plant to spy on us LOL. If it weren't for CIA guy I think I would go bat **** insane with this waiting game. he's got some very interesting things to say.

So you just kind of sit in a chair all day waiting for someone to let you through the big yellow door if you pass, or Taser you in the gooch and drag your unconscious body out to the dumpster, all day?
    Well the trainers tried to keep is busy for a while, but at some point a couple weeks ago they basically said, look guys we don't really have anything for you because you're above just about everything we can go over, then they pretty much gave up. I think as soon as my interim clearance comes through I'll be popped in with the current team and rotated in to start real work. The other guys don't even have a place to sit yet. LOL

How did you guess???

iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nah just won't hit BB.com from DoD computers and also had my appendix ripped out over the weekend so haven't had much browsing time.

Very sinister. One of my ne coworkers spent 10 years in the CIA. I think he may be a plant to spy on us LOL. If it weren't for CIA guy I think I would go bat **** insane with this waiting game. he's got some very interesting things to say.

Well the trainers tried to keep is busy for a while, but at some point a couple weeks ago they basically said, look guys we don't really have anything for you because you're above just about everything we can go over, then they pretty much gave up. I think as soon as my interim clearance comes through I'll be popped in with the current team and rotated in to start real work. The other guys don't even have a place to sit yet. LOL

How did you guess???

Lackland?
    ★cVc★

"Hes the reason for the tear drops on my barbell" -jordansrt

Friggen 5 below zero on March 7th.....That just isn't right.....

in omnia paratus

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    damn.....
    70 pound striped bass from Alabama

http://internationalfishingnews.blog...m-alabama.html
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Friggen 5 below zero on March 7th.....That just isn't right.....
    How the hell did it get to -5 for you, but it only got down to +8 for me last night?

Go figure... Iowa came up with a way to Bogart the Cold Air!

Personally I'm fine with this little early March cold spell...

They say that March either goes in like a Lamb and Out like a Lion... Or in like a Lion and out like a Lamb.

Myself personally, in the long run, I prefer March to be Lion-Lamb...

Because then we're moving into April with nicer temps and the soil warms up earlier... AND the crappie and other pan fish stage up earlier.

For early flowering fruit trees, like Cherry and Northern Peach and Plum the Lion-Lamb can be bad because soil can warm up too early and then they flower, and a freak frost comes in and kills the blossoms and you don't get fruit that year.

Also Lion-Lamb is more likely to lead to a bad ice fishing season that following winter.

Other than those few negatives, and the fact that it means you have to be sick of winter for another 2-3 weeks after all ready being sick of February... Lion-Lamb is the best pattern IMO.
    6'4"

How the hell did it get to -5 for you, but it only got down to +8 for me last night?

It got clear as a bell last night with zero wind. Got cold fast. Lucky we didn't have wind. Would have been crazy cold.

in omnia paratus

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn that's a nice Striper.

Originally Posted by iccyman001 View Post
    Lackland?
    Nah, I'm downtown. MHS/Tricare systems.

Damn that's a nice Striper.

Nah, I'm downtown. MHS/Tricare systems.
    Have you told them that you prefer to go by the nic-name "Teet?"

Or maybe is that what's slowing down your security check?
    6'4"

It got clear as a bell last night with zero wind. Got cold fast. Lucky we didn't have wind. Would have been crazy cold.
    Yeah I watched the squirrels come down from the trees this morning at dawn, and they were all covered in Hoar's Frost... It was kind of cool seeing these frosty white sparkling squirrels.

Speaking of squirrels, did anyone catch the new episode of Duck Dynasty last night?

I loved the scene where Phil shoots the squirrel out of the tree and the Hipster Photographer guys goes "Is that really safe?"

Phil just flatly responds "For the squirrel... Not so much!"
    6'4"

Have you told them that you prefer to go by the nic-name "Teet?"

Or maybe is that what's slowing down your security check?
    Damn I should have put that under aliases on my eQIP forms.

Damn I should have put that under aliases on my eQIP forms.
    Don't worry, if it's like most CIA & DoD back ground checks, they pretty much always find a members account here at bb.com. (I mean we are the 12th largest web traffic site) and when they see the number of posts you have in this thread and forum, they'll do like they usually do and contact the Moderator that handles it.

6'4"

WOW...

Just think... 1 year ago today I got the phone call that started the process of where I am right now.

In 365 days I've...

Acted as the realtor for 2 real estate deals... Sold old house and bought the new ponderosa out here in the woods.

Moved 3 families

Cleared out over 19,000 pounds of old junk and appliances to the landfill.

Started what will be an ever expanding orchard.

Started a 4,000 square foot garden

Cleared and groomed 2700 feet of trails

Built 2 very large deer stands

Tilled a quarter acre food plot

Canned/dried/jerkied/pickled over $2500 worth of food

Doubled my sales territory and commissions

Written 75,000 words of a novel

Oh... and there's something else, I'm forgetting about...

Hmmm... What was it?

Oh yeah, nursed my wife through 9 months of a high risk pregnancy and had a perfectly healthy baby daughter who eats and grows at 3 times the "Average."

I can safely say that this has been the busiest year of my life!

Holy Crap do I need a beer, a back massage and a nap!
    6'4"

Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Nainoa's pat on own back ramble 8.0

looks like the wind and cooler is going to break this weekend....I might try my luck at those flounder again
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    Nainoa's pat on own back ramble 8.0

looks like the wind and cooler is going to break this weekend....I might try my luck at those flounder again
    My wife has been itching for some fish and I saw some flounder on sale (Not sure of the level of freshness up here) Any rec's on how to cook it best, if it's say... Not the freshest, but not punky bad, turned towards the dumpster?
    6'4"

usually if Im concerned about flounder freshness I broil/stuff & broil it but its not the go to way of preparing it. Baked would get close to similar results to broiling. Pan fried is good too but I have been steering clear of frying fish lately.

hell if it is that bad smother it with lemon and tartar sauce

I pretty much stuff & bake my flounder the most using a similar method as this
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

So we've come to the conclusion that the Baby's green poops and gas mean one of two things... Either she's not getting rich enough milk... OR my wife can no longer eat bacon!

Of all the things for the baby to not like...

Bacon!
    6'4"

that just means.......... more bacon for you!
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

that just means.......... more bacon for you!
    Strong with the Force... You are...
    6'4"

Strong with the Force... You are...
    did you make the flounder?
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

did you make the flounder?
    No I just saw it in the seafood display case at the grocery store and thought about it... But didn't want to buy it without really knowing anything about cooking it properly.

And I haven't made a "Town Run" yet...

With the storm coming I probably won't head to town again until Monday or Tuesday as is, and we'll see if they have some fresh(er) then.
    6'4"