Page 63 of 183 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 5464
    GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    I need to get Dad's Allis Chalmers lawn tractor running and get the tiller put on it. That thing works like no other tiller I've ever seen.
    I just need a small tiller to do the beds around the house and my exotic pepper and mater garden.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, I'm expanding the garden to about 30'x40' this year. Small tiller would take quite a while.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    I need to get Dad's Allis Chalmers lawn tractor running and get the tiller put on it. That thing works like no other tiller I've ever seen.
    When I bought this place, I negotiated the tiller and the riding lawnmower into the deal... Then the tiller started on the very first pull!

It has since always started on the very first pull every single time EXCEPT for the time I borrowed it to my buddy's wife. She returned it to me with the tines wrapped up in baling twine and it looked like she ran over a tomato cage and just pulled the easy pieces of metal wire out and left the rest.

But she claimed this didn't matter and I shouldn't complain because she returned it with a full tank of gas.

So apparently in her mind 2 hours of my time is worth $3 in gas?

And people wonder why I don't like borrowing out my stuff?
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Should be worth at least $4 in gas

You been busy eh?

Btw I think physical addiction is gone or just about for cigs. Tomorrow is 2 weeks. Feel slight change in breathing, not as constricted.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BobbyOrr1965 View Post
    Should be worth at least $4 in gas

You been busy eh?

Btw I think physical addiction is gone or just about for cigs. Tomorrow is 2 weeks. Feel slight change in breathing, not as constricted.
    Yeah it's ironic... When we had the baby I was afraid this phase was going to diminish my work and my sales would suffer...

In the last 7 work days I've made more sales than I did in the entire month before that!

This baby appears to be my good luck charm!

I suppose there is a skew there in that I put a lot of stuff out in the wind, got super aggressive putting pitches and proposals in the air right before the baby came and so the last 7 days have been about landing the one's that didn't crash on their own.

So the real test of the new and improved Nainoa lifestyle will be launching the new ad campaign season starting next week and making some success out of it... Especially when it's my toughest seasonal!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Yeah the physical addiction for me came out of the system WAY easier than the psychological. The psychological and the craving is best fought with mindfulness.

Take for example the craving when Driving.

My Toxic friends at the time quit with me... Their Leader "Cap'n Frenemy" ultimately went back to smoking because he had the mentality of "I'm a toughass and by sheer denial, I prove what a powerful man I am."

And he'd just drive down the road gritting his teeth, bulging his eyes and road raging at traffic while he tried to prove how much of a bad ass he was for denying that he felt the urge to have a smoke when he was driving.

I took the other approach... I said to myself "Okay, one of my worst triggers is driving and that's when I feel some of the most temptation to just pull over and buy a smoke at one of the chain of gas stations along my annoying morning commute."

So I thought about my triggers, admitted to myself where I felt the weakest and came up with a thoughtful way to redirect my own behavior.

Through some trial and error, I found that a metholated losenge helped because it felt like I was "Breathing something in" (Even though I never smoked menthols) And then keeping my "Smoking Hand" on the wheel kept it occupied.

By looking at my weakness, I was able to build an effective means to change that behavior.

2-3 months down the line, I wasn't even putting the losenge in my mouth and thinking about it. I actually became LESS pissed off about traffic than I was when I was a smoker.

Meanwhile Cap'n Frenemy, broke down 2 weeks in, trapped in a jam he pulled in and bought a pack... Then started sneaking smokes, hiding it and lying about it... Claiming that he was trying a new cologne that was really strong...

When really after you've quit for a while, you realize how PUTRID smokers stink, and there just straight up is no way of hiding it.
    6'4"

BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BobbyOrr1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Yeah it's ironic... When we had the baby I was afraid this phase was going to diminish my work and my sales would suffer...

In the last 7 work days I've made more sales than I did in the entire month before that!

This baby appears to be my good luck charm!

I suppose there is a skew there in that I put a lot of stuff out in the wind, got super aggressive putting pitches and proposals in the air right before the baby came and so the last 7 days have been about landing the one's that didn't crash on their own.

So the real test of the new and improved Nainoa lifestyle will be launching the new ad campaign season starting next week and making some success out of it... Especially when it's my toughest seasonal!
    Yeah you had that strong motivation boast. Best wishes with that. I did think about advertising at one point in my life since I did sales of all types and am good worth words/ideas. Well of to work I go. Cheers

Yeah you had that strong motivation boast. Best wishes with that. I did think about advertising at one point in my life since I did sales of all types and am good worth words/ideas. Well of to work I go. Cheers
    Don't get me wrong... I'm still trying to build the bridge out of Advertising... It's just with the recession as it is, 14+ years of experience in advertising is the ace up my sleeve on my resume.
    6'4"

Yeah the physical addiction for me came out of the system WAY easier than the psychological. The psychological and the craving is best fought with mindfulness.

Take for example the craving when Driving.

My Toxic friends at the time quit with me... Their Leader "Cap'n Frenemy" ultimately went back to smoking because he had the mentality of "I'm a toughass and by sheer denial, I prove what a powerful man I am."

And he'd just drive down the road gritting his teeth, bulging his eyes and road raging at traffic while he tried to prove how much of a bad ass he was for denying that he felt the urge to have a smoke when he was driving.

I took the other approach... I said to myself "Okay, one of my worst triggers is driving and that's when I feel some of the most temptation to just pull over and buy a smoke at one of the chain of gas stations along my annoying morning commute."

So I thought about my triggers, admitted to myself where I felt the weakest and came up with a thoughtful way to redirect my own behavior.

Through some trial and error, I found that a metholated losenge helped because it felt like I was "Breathing something in" (Even though I never smoked menthols) And then keeping my "Smoking Hand" on the wheel kept it occupied.

By looking at my weakness, I was able to build an effective means to change that behavior.

2-3 months down the line, I wasn't even putting the losenge in my mouth and thinking about it. I actually became LESS pissed off about traffic than I was when I was a smoker.

Meanwhile Cap'n Frenemy, broke down 2 weeks in, trapped in a jam he pulled in and bought a pack... Then started sneaking smokes, hiding it and lying about it... Claiming that he was trying a new cologne that was really strong...

When really after you've quit for a while, you realize how PUTRID smokers stink, and there just straight up is no way of hiding it.
    Yes also your senses get stronger from lack of use. I won't drink because that was how I started again after 8 days quitting a year ago. Just a few pints in me and my inhibitions were lowered. So both had to go to be successful. Maybe after a few months of no cigs that will be fine. I already practice mindfulness though I have not been giving myself to much simply sitting time. More mindfulness in motion (while washing dishes, walking, etc). Barely got ten minutes in after road work, training in the gym and yoga, then some on the streetcar because I had no time to walk to work.

Want to make it the first thing I do in the morning before making coffee and turning on the computer. There is a buddhist group near me that meditate on Saturday for 90 minutes and coffee, breakfast after. This is a thought as well. In a way that part of my life is more important than my lifting, though I do not like to separate or compartmentalize the different things I do in my life. Everything goes together. Quite simply I want to live a good strong life.

Dang you have a bigger wall of text than me. BRB triple spacing to look like I have a bigger one

Yes also your senses get stronger from lack of use. I won't drink because that was how I started again after 8 days quitting a year ago. Just a few pints in me and my inhibitions were lowered. So both had to go to be successful. Maybe after a few months of no cigs that will be fine. I already practice mindfulness though I have not been giving myself to much simply sitting time. More mindfulness in motion (while washing dishes, walking, etc). Barely got ten minutes in after road work, training in the gym and yoga, then some on the streetcar because I had no time to walk to work.

Want to make it the first thing I do in the morning before making coffee and turning on the computer. There is a buddhist group near me that meditate on Saturday for 90 minutes and coffee, breakfast after. This is a thought as well. In a way that part of my life is more important than my lifting, though I do not like to separate or compartmentalize the different things I do in my life. Everything goes together. Quite simply I want to live a good strong life.

Dang you have a bigger wall of text than me. BRB triple spacing to look like I have a bigger one
    When the weather is nice out I try to keep a habit of waking up each morning, pour a cup of coffee and walk outside barefoot, sip on the coffee for my morning meditation.

Sun rises here over a wide section of the river and the house is on a hill 100 feet above the water level.

Then in the evenings I go out to the edge of the property where the forest meets the field and my garden.orchard and I watch the sun set over the hills above me for a short evening meditation.

The daily application of just two short meditations really helps keep daily balance on how to start a day, and then reflecting on the day as it comes to a close.

Helps that I live in a post card setting too...

When I laid out the orchard I bought fruit trees on dwarf root stocks... So the trees will only get 10-12 feet high MAX... Then I laid them out in an L shape with rhubarb and berry bushes filling in the sun spots. In 5 years when everything is in full and all the plums and apples are blooming it should be a great meditation grove.
    6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

And people wonder why I don't like borrowing out my stuff?
    I don't loan out power equipment PERIOD!

When the weather is nice out I try to keep a habit of waking up each morning, pour a cup of coffee and walk outside barefoot, sip on the coffee for my morning meditation.

Sun rises here over a wide section of the river and the house is on a hill 100 feet above the water level.

Then in the evenings I go out to the edge of the property where the forest meets the field and my garden.orchard and I watch the sun set over the hills above me for a short evening meditation.

The daily application of just two short meditations really helps keep daily balance on how to start a day, and then reflecting on the day as it comes to a close.

Helps that I live in a post card setting too...

When I laid out the orchard I bought fruit trees on dwarf root stocks... So the trees will only get 10-12 feet high MAX... Then I laid them out in an L shape with rhubarb and berry bushes filling in the sun spots. In 5 years when everything is in full and all the plums and apples are blooming it should be a great meditation grove.
    Yes. Before and after work for me. I remember sitting for ~ hour in my meditations. Sometimes saw colors with eyes closed and 'travelled'. Not that important to inner growth. Just Steven Spielberg special effects

Back from the first well baby exam...

She was supposed to have a goal of being 6 pounds 4 ounces and a half inch of height growth in 2 weeks...

She came in at 6 pounds 14 ounces and 1.5" of height growth in 2 weeks.

I think at this point we can officially call this confirmation that she has gotten my "Big" gene!
    6'4"

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    Yeah that's a conclusion I've kind of come to as well... Especially with my old social group of friends...

When I first moved out here and it became too far for most of my friends to go to stay socially connected, it sucked a little bit...

But now that I'm getting to know people, make friends and become part of the community out here, I'm starting to reflect on my old friends and the relationships I had with them and I kind of realize that a lot of them were more like... High School and College drinking buddies that kept in contact with... And I've kind of been realizing that for a long time now my world view, with the way I treat things borrowed, owned and made has been growing more and more distant from many of them.
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Power equipment or money. Those are the 2 things on my "no loan" list.

Guns and fishing gear only get loaned to family or those I know I can trust.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Two week photo...
    Attached Images
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very nice! ^^
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    Very nice! ^^
    The doc's first words when he walked through the door after the nurse took all the stats and measurements were "Wow, talk about a well fed baby!"
    6'4"

Yeah that's a conclusion I've kind of come to as well... Especially with my old social group of friends...

When I first moved out here and it became too far for most of my friends to go to stay socially connected, it sucked a little bit...

But now that I'm getting to know people, make friends and become part of the community out here, I'm starting to reflect on my old friends and the relationships I had with them and I kind of realize that a lot of them were more like... High School and College drinking buddies that kept in contact with... And I've kind of been realizing that for a long time now my world view, with the way I treat things borrowed, owned and made has been growing more and more distant from many of them.
    M's family cured me of that. I'm not going to elaborate on it as my BP can't take that kinda hit right now.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    Power equipment or money. Those are the 2 things on my "no loan" list.

Guns and fishing gear only get loaned to family or those I know I can trust.
    I don't loan fishing gear either unless it's to someone that knows WTF they're doing.

The doc's first words when he walked through the door after the nurse took all the stats and measurements were "Wow, talk about a well fed baby!"
    TIT JUICE, IT DOES A BABY BIG!!!!

The last couple days drinking has been on my mind. It is like my sobriety IQ dropped to retard level. Then something inspired me and I overcame it. Hard to explain but I know I won't this week or weekend. The thought echoed in my mind "Set thy mind on the higher places". I was listening to Psalm 23 on the harp. On the way walking to work I sung it to myself. The part of the song

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    I will fear no evil
    for thou art with me"

Led me to come close to weeping. I see God in my life helping me. All my denial and I have renounced a lot of different things in the past 6 weeks has led me to an insight. The clouds are dispersing. And if I would but walk toward the light that is breaking through.

The last couple days drinking has been on my mind. It is like my sobriety IQ dropped to retard level. Then something inspired me and I overcame it. Hard to explain but I know I won't this week or weekend. The thought echoed in my mind "Set thy mind on the higher places". I was listening to Psalm 23 on the harp. On the way walking to work I sung it to myself. The part of the song

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    I will fear no evil
    for thou art with me"

Led me to come close to weeping. I see God in my life helping me. All my denial and I have renounced a lot of different things in the past 6 weeks has led me to an insight. The clouds are dispersing. And if I would but walk toward the light that is breaking through.
    Since the baby I pretty much just have a beer or two on Friday night type of thing... But with all the nice weather hitting us this week, I'm sure I'll pony up for a nice double of whiskey on the rocks while grilling and watching a long sunset.
    6'4"

TIT JUICE, IT DOES A BABY BIG!!!!
    Yeah right now the baby is running my wife dry or nearly dry on both sides with each feeding.

Every time my wife's production goes up 10% the baby's hunger goes up 20%

But with each bigger and bigger feeding, the baby is sleeping longer and longer and that's allowing us to form a better and better schedule for more and more sleep each night.

Last night (With interuptions for feeding and diapers) I got 9 hours, my wife got 12.

For a 2 week old baby that's pretty amazing.

Granted... My wife goes to bed at 7:30 pm!
    6'4"

Since the baby I pretty much just have a beer or two on Friday night type of thing... But with all the nice weather hitting us this week, I'm sure I'll pony up for a nice double of whiskey on the rocks while grilling and watching a long sunset.
    In late spring I will get outside furniture for my medium/large balcony. At that point far away from cigs use I may go back to having wine in the evening while watching the setting sun. Drinking just might trigger smoking again. Coffee used to be a trigger but a pint or two of beer or some wine and I would say it is more of a psychological thing.

In late spring I will get outside furniture for my medium/large balcony. At that point far away from cigs use I may go back to having wine in the evening while watching the setting sun. Drinking just might trigger smoking again. Coffee used to be a trigger but a pint or two of beer or some wine and I would say it is more of a psychological thing.
    Yeah for a lot of people drinking sends them straight to smoking...

For a lot of people they develop what's called "Crossover"

When I went clean off my ugly little drug habit back in the 90's, I crossed over to alcohol and I drank so much it made the movie "Leaving Las Vegas" look like a Disney movie.

When I quit smoking, I didn't cross over to booze... But I was in a real hall of fame high spot in my sex life, so on the weekends I replaced smoking with hard core dirty sex that makes Letters to Penthouse seem like a valentines day card, with trashy chicks who could stand to lose 5-55 pounds.

In hindsight... Maybe I should have turned to booze?

6'4"

Yeah for a lot of people drinking sends them straight to smoking...

For a lot of people they develop what's called "Crossover"

When I went clean off my ugly little drug habit back in the 90's, I crossed over to alcohol and I drank so much it made the movie "Leaving Las Vegas" look like a Disney movie.

When I quit smoking, I didn't cross over to booze... But I was in a real hall of fame high spot in my sex life, so on the weekends I replaced smoking with hard core dirty sex that makes Letters to Penthouse seem like a valentines day card, with trashy chicks who could stand to lose 5-55 pounds.

In hindsight... Maybe I should have turned to booze?

Write the book than direct the movie

Write the book than direct the movie
    Okay... I'll get back to writing chapter 7 of Eudaimonia!
    6'4"

Okay... I'll get back to writing chapter 7 of Eudaimonia!
    Think I'll start doing a more detailed journal and add more poems to it.

Think I'll start doing a more detailed journal and add more poems to it.
    I don't really know any nursery rhymes beyond a few Hawaiian folk songs, so I end up singing to my daughter in a lot of improvised ways that come off poetic, until I lyrically paint myself into a corner with a word like Chainsaw or Rhinoserous!
    6'4"

I don't really know any nursery rhymes beyond a few Hawaiian folk songs, so I end up singing to my daughter in a lot of improvised ways that come off poetic, until I lyrically paint myself into a corner with a word like Chainsaw or Rhinoserous!
    Chainsaw...brain thaw (after eating ice cream to fast)

Rhinoserous...kind ostrich???

I am a wordsmith and especially involving description and use of metaphor. I weave in metaphors in meaningful poems. They are usually rich in imagery of nature. May post or pm at some point.

Make sure she gets plenty of protein and fat at each meal Nainoa.