Page 45 of 183 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 5464
    Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hell yeah we're taking the truck. No more road trips in her Toyota Echo! Going to Florida and back in that tiny car was enough!

I have an aunt and uncle that live by Flathead Lake in montana. Would love to see their place.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Hell yeah we're taking the truck. No more road trips in her Toyota Echo! Going to Florida and back in that tiny car was enough!

I have an aunt and uncle that live by Flathead Lake in montana. Would love to see their place.
    As in Flathead Lake, by Kallispell?

That's up by Glacier, like 4-5 hours north of the Anaconda Pass.

That is the only part of the lower 48 that's colder then MN... You go North of Anaconda in anything but the peak heat of summer and you could be in for a world of hurt because the weather coming off those mountains swings and shifts with the winds.

It's gorgeous up there... But it's also like 10 hours farther From Yellowstone. So you're talking 16-17 hours from Spearfish SD.

I did my college internship with Corporate Toyota and helped on the launch of the Toyota Echo.

I still hate that car!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, up by Kallispell. I've seen pictures of their place, but i want to see it for real. Their backyard has a couple hundred feet of lakeshore.

in omnia paratus

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Yeah, up by Kallispell. I've seen pictures of their place, but i want to see it for real. Their backyard has a couple hundred feet of lakeshore.
    Oh yeah it's Gorgeous up there...

But North of the Anaconda Pass, Mid May is more like what Mid March is in your neck of the woods.

The thing about going to Kallispell is that now you're so close to Glacier National Park (A place I've driven past but never been to) That you pretty much have to add Glacier to the Tour... And Now you're talking about really pushing yourself on a vacation.

I mean in any long road trip there is a point where it turns from an adventure into an test of endurance. And along the way you have to do whatever you can do to keep yourself fresh.

You are NEVER more fresh than on day 1.

It's almost one of those things where you want to just get on the road and drive non-stop for one day until you get to Kallispell and then take your time working your way back. The last thing you want to do is reach that point where you and your spouce naturally turn on each other because you're both burning out and be driving FARTHER from home!

As a veteran of many non-stop through the night drives, IF you were going to be that industrious... I'd go NON-STOP from IA to Kalispell on Day 1.... I would take the 94 corridor, instead of the 90 (So you're not taking the same way twice) But really, either way you take is going to be around a 26-28 hour drive. (With bathroom breaks and such)

I'd pack up fully Friday night afterwork, like everything except your tooth brush... Then sleep in on Saturday morning so you're ultra fresh and then fire out at 10am.

If you take the 94 route, this means you're eating dinner in Fargo, and then driving across the horrendous boredom of North Dakota in the dark of night. (Believe me nothing sucks more than driving through a cool area in the dead of night feeling like you missed something!)

The scenery from Fargo west is pretty bleak until just outside of Billings... And you should be just outside of Billings around Dawn.

Once the sun comes up on these drives you get fresh again... And you'll have beautiful mountains out the drivers side window for hours until you get to Anaconda where you'll make the big climb up to Kallispell.

You'll get to Kallispell in time to say "Well it's 5 o'clock somewhere in the world" and crack a beer... Have a few drinks and be sleeping in your uncle's guest bed by 7!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    I did my college internship with Corporate Toyota and helped on the launch of the Toyota Echo.

I still hate that car!
    Who in the hell names a car "Echo"? Probably the same people who name their sports teams things like 'Magic', 'Wild', or any other stupid name that isn't an animal or noun ending in S.

As a country, we've gone from kickass cars like the 'Mustang', 'Corvette', and 'Camaro' to prancing hippy fairy names like 'Echo', 'Soul', and 'Prius'. The communists have won.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

If the engineers would have had a sense of humor, every time you honk the horn in an Echo, any other Echos in the area would automatically honk back. That would be cool.

in omnia paratus

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hartski View Post
    if the engineers would have had a sense of humor, every time you honk the horn in an echo, any other echos in the area would automatically honk back. That would be cool.
    lol

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If the engineers would have had a sense of humor, every time you honk the horn in an Echo, any other Echos in the area would automatically honk back. That would be cool.
    I wish that when I honked the horn in the Golf, Priuses would explode. I hate that little POS.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    I wish that when I honked the horn in the Golf, Priuses would explode. I hate that little POS.
    I've often wished for an Evaporator Ray on the top of my truck. It would have auto lock-on for all stupid pussy cars like the Prius, the Cube, Soul, Fit, etc.

Yeah, Priuses are tougher to pick out of the grill than Junebugs!

in omnia paratus

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    I've often wished for an Evaporator Ray on the top of my truck. It would have auto lock-on for all stupid pussy cars like the Prius, the Cube, Soul, Fit, etc.
    Which reminds me.. I was getting my oil changed the other day and I had just left the lake from duck hunting. The dude changing the oil saw ducks in the back of my truck and asked if they were real.... I said yeah! And you need to keep it down before you wake them up.
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

Who in the hell names a car "Echo"? Probably the same people who name their sports teams things like 'Magic', 'Wild', or any other stupid name that isn't an animal or noun ending in S.

As a country, we've gone from kickass cars like the 'Mustang', 'Corvette', and 'Camaro' to prancing hippy fairy names like 'Echo', 'Soul', and 'Prius'. The communists have won.
    Well 1999 marks the year turning point where the prime demographic advertisers wanted most shifted from Males 18-34 and shifted to Women and College Students.

It's the point where the Advertising world realized that male buying power was going down as the daughters of the babyboomers were now graduating college and entering the professional work force in larger numbers than seen before.

Focus groups also realized that men take the time to think about their purchases, and especially take the time to do all the research on big purchases. Where as women and college students are three times more likely to buy something of any price point "Impulsively."

And now the daughters of the feminists and baby boomers had enough buying power to own a market segment that was larger than just baby products.

The "ECHO" was supposed to signify that the Toyota was "Listening to your feelings and needs" and "Echoing them back" with the creation of a car that was basically just following the "Hot Hatchback" trend in western Europe.

So no, it's not that the communists won... It's that the Feminists won!
    6'4"

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    Which reminds me.. I was getting my oil changed the other day and I had just left the lake from duck hunting. The dude changing the oil saw ducks in the back of my truck and asked if they were real.... I said yeah! And you need to keep it down before you wake them up.
    wth? LOL... Who gets their oil changed on the way back from duck hunting? LMAO

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    In Oklahoma it's considering unlucky if you get your oil changed on the way to duck hunting, hence you can only get your oil changed when coming back from duck hunting.

If you kept up on your random folk lore and religious hokum you would know these things!

Hell I don't even take my truck in to get the oil changed... I call my mechanic buddy and I grill him a steak dinner while he gives my truck a custom oil change, with 5000 mile 5W30, 5K filter, oil treatment and the whole 9's.... WAY better than the standard oil change they do at the service centers.
    6'4"

Boy I don't know if it's the baby on the way inspiring me to push myself or if I'm having some kind of testosterone spree... But I'm just hitting a new level of Aggressive at work this week!
    6'4"

Unless it's under warranty, who actually pays someone else to change their oil!?!?

in omnia paratus

Unless it's under warranty, who actually pays someone else to change their oil!?!?
    I do. The mechanic charges $22 bucks for the oil change, and that includes the filter. It's cheaper for me to have him do it than it is for me to buy the 7 quarts of oil and filter.

Hell, I can't even get 7 quarts of oil for that price.

I do. The mechanic charges $22 bucks for the oil change, and that includes the filter. It's cheaper for me to have him do it than it is for me to buy the 7 quarts of oil and filter.

$22 is a pretty good price, especially with the stupid mark up per unit that goes on in the cities. Most of the oil change places are in the $35 range.

You need to buy your oil and filters outside the Cities... You can pick up a case of 5W30 on sale for $20 (Which is just enough for 2 oil changes in my truck) 5K filter at Napa $5.99, oil treatment $1.29.

So that's 5K oil for high mileage engines, 5K filter and oil treatment for $18... All of which are better quality options for the truck than the 10w30 and 3K standard filters you get at a shop.

In 15,000 miles we're talking $48 that way...

As opposed to 5 oil changes at a shop costing $110 going to a shop.

Or heaven forbid the $175 people who blindly drive into a Jerkylube pay in 15K miles!
    6'4"

You know I've learned to start trusting instincts more and more when it comes to writing business proposals...

Like I'll write one up.. Look it over once, twice, three times I'm crazy... And every time there is a typo, I get this feeling like "Don't send it yet."

Wait... Change gears... Go back and read it and sure enough there will be something that my subconscious saw, but I missed...

Just caught one... Missed a Zero... Almost submitted a $2000 proposal for $200!
    6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    I usually get my oil changed in the shower.

WUT?

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    I usually get my oil changed in the shower.

WUT?

You realize all the blank space you left in there is going to leave the rest of the guys wondering if you put it in their for Dramatic Pause, or if I edited out the German Schiesta Porn script you may or may not have typed there?

6'4"

You realize all the blank space you left in there is going to leave the rest of the guys wondering if you put it in their for Dramatic Pause, or if I edited out the German Schiesta Porn script you may or may not have typed there?

It was neither. It was a very close-up picture of him getting his old changed.

It was 2 Girls 1 Cup, try to keep it straight.

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Yea I think I paid like $25.

And Hairy, when you hunt every day its not that unusual to do trivial tasks after hunting.

Ahhhh....friday off. Feels good. Gotta work tomorrow, but at least that's time-and-a-half

in omnia paratus

Ahhhh....friday off. Feels good. Gotta work tomorrow, but at least that's time-and-a-half
    Friday off... Up at 6:30.. Does not compute

Was up at 5. Slept in 2 hours since I usually get up at 3. Cracked my first beer at 6:30. Frying bacon now.

in omnia paratus

Was up at 5. Slept in 2 hours since I usually get up at 3. Cracked my first beer at 6:30. Frying bacon now.
    Helluva day if you ask me. Ill probably set a few traps and sight in my 223 for an upcoming coyote contest.

You know frying bacon naked with a beer in your hand is probably not an OSHA approved activity!
    6'4"

Damn... I was coming up the stairs yesterday to answer the door. Looked at the door quick instead of where I was stepping... Tripped and I wiped out. Went to catch myself, but instead of catching the step Finger Tips up. I rolled both my wrists fingertips pointed down.

It doesn't hurt, so much as make my dexterity in my hands clunky today!
    6'4"