Page 39 of 183 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 5464
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    Glad to hear baby is doing good. I suppose they told ya'll with diabetes it's common to have a bigger baby? Nine pounds would prob be about average for moms with gd.

LOL, pretty soon you'll get a turn at worrying about bug bites!

My son is not outdoorsy type of kid. He hates nature! LOL First thing he said to me when the doctor said it looked like a spider bite was, "Someone I suspect this is your fault."
    Yeah out here the Tick situation is pretty serious, including Deer ticks that the County says have tested for being over the state average for Lyme Disease.

As far as liking the great outdoors goes... It would be hard for her to not take to the outdoors... I basically live in a little kid paradise out here, with woods and fields to play in, sledding hills, orchard full of fruits and berries... Throw in a baby possum and what more could she want!

I keep reflecting on the last 12 months and all of the rapid, massive changes that have happened in our lives, just trying to digest them all... And it's interesting to see the transformation in myself and the way I think now that there is a baby on the way.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    Thats awesome man. Her looks will change so much daily that you cant really go by ultrasounds. The only thing that hasnt chnged about my gal is that she has my nose. And her hair matches exactly the color of my facial hair. Almost a reddish brown.
    Yeah my wife and I both have sandy brown hair... But my Mother has red hair... And there is some red in my beard.

My Dad had blond hair when he was younger that turned sandy brown... So even though the most likely thing is Brown hair... My psychic left elbow wouldn't be surprised if she was a strawberry blond!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    So the Rattle snake round up show got me thinking that there should be a FL edition that specializes with invasive species. Im sure there is some old man around here in FL that would pay top dollar for python skin and meat. On the rattle snake show everything they see a snake they say its like picking up$20 dollar bills.

on a side note they dont show on Rattle snake round up how bad rattlers sht, piss and musk on you when agitated. I used to hunt for rattlers here and they stink bad. Imagine a cross between a chum bucket left out in the sun and Rosie O'Donnell's underpants. So I tend fear that more than the venom!
    Yea, but rattlesnake meat is damn good when smoked. I'd be all over the pythons if there were someone that bought them.

If it is then maybe the blistering could be a good thing?? Like it doesn't appear that the tissue under the blistering is dying.
    Make sure you keep some sort of antibiotic cream on that bite. I'd say spider bite as well and there WILL be necrotic tissue from it. The abx will stave off a secondary infection.

No but I don't see where it could hurt to try one. I'll throw benadryl in the mix tonight and see if it helps any.
    My "Guess" would be that it's a young spider that bit him... And while I don't know a lot about the brown recluse in particular, I know that young spiders that have a venom when they bite tend to just inject balls out.

At least that's what I was told back in the day when my mom brought home this wall art piece of the Brooklyn Bridge she found in this old ladies' basement and she hung it in my room... Well turns out there were a couple hundred spider egg sacks behind the damn thing.

They'd hatch at night and my bed would just explode with spiders and then the next day the bites would show up.
    (Just another case of me surviving my mother's attempts to scar me for life!)

There was one that bit me which made a mark that blistered up like that.

Of course I did the natural thing that any boy made of snips, snails and a double helping of puppy dog tails would do and I popped the damn thing with a pin, and let it scab up.
    6'4"

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Yeah out here the Tick situation is pretty serious, including Deer ticks that the County says have tested for being over the state average for Lyme Disease.

As far as liking the great outdoors goes... It would be hard for her to not take to the outdoors... I basically live in a little kid paradise out here, with woods and fields to play in, sledding hills, orchard full of fruits and berries... Throw in a baby possum and what more could she want!

I keep reflecting on the last 12 months and all of the rapid, massive changes that have happened in our lives, just trying to digest them all... And it's interesting to see the transformation in myself and the way I think now that there is a baby on the way.
    We have had the worse tick season I have ever seen this year. The problems we have had have been unbelievable. We have not had one proven case of LD in this area though. My son doesn't like going outside much so he avoids the tick areas. But I tend to bring them in on occasion...

But it didn't look like a tick bite.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    Yea, but rattlesnake meat is damn good when smoked. I'd be all over the pythons if there were someone that bought them.

Make sure you keep some sort of antibiotic cream on that bite. I'd say spider bite as well and there WILL be necrotic tissue from it. The abx will stave off a secondary infection.
    They gave him one triamcinolone for now and then I was told when the blister opens to bring him back because he would need a different cream for that.

We have had the worse tick season I have ever seen this year. The problems we have had have been unbelievable. We have not had one proven case of LD in this area though. My son doesn't like going outside much so he avoids the tick areas. But I tend to bring them in on occasion...

But it didn't look like a tick bite.
    When I first moved out here the tick situation was EPIC... Local paper even said it was the worst Tick outbreak in 50 years and warned of the LD.

For some reason Ticks and Mosquitoes have never really liked me much. I spent every day outside, poking around in the woods, had 10-12 ticks before the drought hit and stopped them dead in their tracks.

My wife... She spent like 11 minutes outside during that time. (I knocked her up on our 3rd day after the move) and I bet she pulled 25-30 off her, and I think she maybe spent 5 of those 11 minutes not standing in the driveway!
    6'4"

They gave him one triamcinolone for now and then I was told when the blister opens to bring him back because he would need a different cream for that.
    How the world has changed... When I was a kid my mom was all "Heat up a lighter and burn it off on the metal."

Now Mom's bring their kids to get 2 different ointments!

Although I'm not sure I was raised by my mother, so much as "Survived her Tender Loving Care."
    6'4"

LOL, she want a baby armadillo instead!

You know how I ended up with a kid that doesn't like to be outdoors is a mystery to me. For God's sake I've been an adventure racer most of his life. I spend all day every day outside. I hunt, camp, fish and I've tried dragging him along since he was baby. He hates it all. LOL He hates bugs, he hates going to the lake or camping. We even have a cabin at the lake that has ****ing cable and still hates it. He doesn't even like the beach. He complains about the sand. He was like that even as a baby, like he would cry if got sand on his hands or feet. He was the only kid I've ever seen that would cry if suggested going to a park to play.

When I first moved out here the tick situation was EPIC... Local paper even said it was the worst Tick outbreak in 50 years and warned of the LD.

For some reason Ticks and Mosquitoes have never really liked me much. I spent every day outside, poking around in the woods, had 10-12 ticks before the drought hit and stopped them dead in their tracks.

My wife... She spent like 11 minutes outside during that time. (I knocked her up on our 3rd day after the move) and I bet she pulled 25-30 off her, and I think she maybe spent 5 of those 11 minutes not standing in the driveway!
    We actually had to go and talk to experts at OU to get advice on how to deal with them. We would go out trail riding and sometimes we would be covered with them. Like at one point we were carrying those lint & hair rollers to wipe down and pick up the ticks. We had 3 cases of rocky mountain fever on our team alone. We had several times we had peeps in the ers with tick related problems. It was getting bad. We literally could ride through certain areas and suddenly pick up anywhere from 20 to 30 ticks and seriously you could see them run up our legs toward skin. It was freaky!

The school told us it was because of the weather conditions over the last years. It just set up conditions that allowed their populations to explode. I aslo didn't know till this year that ticks are attracted lactic acid and they sense it in the muscles of animals. LIke people and deer apparently. lol

I really hope next year is better.

How the world has changed... When I was a kid my mom was all "Heat up a lighter and burn it off on the metal."

Now Mom's bring their kids to get 2 different ointments!

Although I'm not sure I was raised by my mother, so much as "Survived her Tender Loving Care."
    OH Jeeze one of my kids had pink eye a while back and damn the eye drops cost 150 dollars!! I know lost the bottle and my insurance wouldn't pay for a second bottle. LOL When I was kid my gave us a warm washcloth and said your finger out of it and you'll get over it.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL, she want a baby armadillo instead!

You know how I ended up with a kid that doesn't like to be outdoors is a mystery to me. For God's sake I've been an adventure racer most of his life. I spend all day every day outside. I hunt, camp, fish and I've tried dragging him along since he was baby. He hates it all. LOL He hates bugs, he hates going to the lake or camping. We even have a cabin at the lake that has ****ing cable and still hates it. He doesn't even like the beach. He complains about the sand. He was like that even as a baby, like he would cry if got sand on his hands or feet. He was the only kid I've ever seen that would cry if suggested going to a park to play.

Sounds defective. You might just have to cut your losses and trade him in for a different one.....
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I came close to shots taken on a huge Spike and a ram Aoudad bow hunting on public land this weekend. Wife let one fly at a NICE 10 point ~20" inside spread at 40 yards but couldn't connect. She's not sighted in for 40 yards, her furthest pin is 30 yards. My spike I stalked to 35 yards and he was laying down. I waited for a while hoping he would stand up but he wasn't interested so I made a little grunt sound to get his attention, got his attention alright he flew up and over the hill LOL. Could not stop the Auodad and didn't want to take a moving shot.

Then while waiting for her to get back to the boat I grab her fishing pole and catch 3 bass in 3 casts. 2nd one was freakin' huge but didn't get a pic because he flopped off while I was trying to lip him.

Build a big ass fire in camp and burned a tree that had to be 20' tall that we ripped out of the ground in the previously submerged part of the lake near the camp site. Took like 20 minutes to drag it back to camp LOL.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My girlfriend passed her EMT certification test Saturday. I'm very proud of her!

in omnia paratus

Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    My girlfriend passed her EMT certification test Saturday. I'm very proud of her!

Now you've just got to start head faking her... She'll come home from work "Hi Honey, how was your day?" And you can be all "It was okay, except for this annoying shooting pain down my left arm... So what do you want for supper?"

6'4"

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    I came close to shots taken on a huge Spike and a ram Aoudad bow hunting on public land this weekend. Wife let one fly at a NICE 10 point ~20" inside spread at 40 yards but couldn't connect. She's not sighted in for 40 yards, her furthest pin is 30 yards. My spike I stalked to 35 yards and he was laying down. I waited for a while hoping he would stand up but he wasn't interested so I made a little grunt sound to get his attention, got his attention alright he flew up and over the hill LOL. Could not stop the Auodad and didn't want to take a moving shot.

Then while waiting for her to get back to the boat I grab her fishing pole and catch 3 bass in 3 casts. 2nd one was freakin' huge but didn't get a pic because he flopped off while I was trying to lip him.

Build a big ass fire in camp and burned a tree that had to be 20' tall that we ripped out of the ground in the previously submerged part of the lake near the camp site. Took like 20 minutes to drag it back to camp LOL.
    Nice...

Cool that the wife takes part in your outdoor adventures.

So what do you do with the kids on trips like this?

Do they come with you all the time, or do you just leave them at home with a tin of sardines and a locked liquor cabinet?
    6'4"

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice...

Cool that the wife takes part in your outdoor adventures.

So what do you do with the kids on trips like this?

Do they come with you all the time, or do you just leave them at home with a tin of sardines and a locked liquor cabinet?
    I don't lock the liquor cabinet.

Oldest is 17, youngest is 8. This time we sent Little over to his cousin's for the weekend and Big had to work. Medium is 12 so he and Big usually just stay home.

Typically the kids are always with me, at least two out of the three, but this public land bow-only trip is a bit tough for the smaller two hiking through the canyons and trying to be stealthy and all. Big would have gone with us, but he had to work. They sure would love the bonfire in camp though. I need to find a sitter who will travel with us and just hang out in camp with the kids. Wife doesn't duck hunt, so usually we go camp on the island and she just hangs out and fishes with Little while I'm out with Big and Medium so that works out.

I don't lock the liquor cabinet.

Oldest is 17, youngest is 8. This time we sent Little over to his cousin's for the weekend and Big had to work. Medium is 12 so he and Big usually just stay home.

Typically the kids are always with me, at least two out of the three, but this public land bow-only trip is a bit tough for the smaller two hiking through the canyons and trying to be stealthy and all. Big would have gone with us, but he had to work. They sure would love the bonfire in camp though. I need to find a sitter who will travel with us and just hang out in camp with the kids. Wife doesn't duck hunt, so usually we go camp on the island and she just hangs out and fishes with Little while I'm out with Big and Medium so that works out.
    Oh God the things I did at unsupervised at 17!

My friends and I used to make "Death Juice" If one of our parents left a liquor cabinet unlocked and left, we'd go steal like 1 shot worth of every bottle. Just enough that they'd never notice... Keep it in a small bottle... Then we'd all get together in my party garage and combine all these little pony bottles. And we'd take shots of Death Juice and wash it down with the case of 3.2 beer I knicked once a week.
    6'4"

lol yeah I know me too. I think something's wrong with my 17 year old, that kid is actually really well behaved when it comes to stuff like that and responsible while oot and aboot somehow.

lol yeah I know me too. I think something's wrong with my 17 year old, that kid is actually really well behaved when it comes to stuff like that and responsible while oot and aboot somehow.
    Well my parents never suspected anything either.

It was like a covert Psy-Ops mission, I'd spent 15+ years figuring out their strengths and weaknesses and knew how to manipulate their perceptions.

It was only after the yard was lit on fire that they realized I was living a covert double life of booze, drugs, smoking and promiscuous women!

6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    As long as were looking at gross pics anyone want to hazard a guess as what kind of bug bite causes this?

My son got bit by a bug, don't know what kind. The night it happen it looked like a bug mosquito bite only with a large red ring around it. By morning it had blistered up like that. That's day one were on day three now and it has been continuously getting larger it's twice that size now. His doctor thinks it's a brown recluse bite.

I've been bite one before and it didn't look like that. Mine didn't blister like that.
    That's clearly a bite from a juvenile chupacabra. I can't believe none of you recognized it.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    That's clearly a bite from a juvenile chupacabra. I can't believe none of you recognized it.
    Good catch!

I bet it's just like chiggers, laid it's eggs under the skin waiting to hatch!
    6'4"

Sure it's not from Sasquatch saliva?

in omnia paratus

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Sure it's not from Sasquatch saliva?
    You would notice if a squatch bit you. Chupacabras are much more stealthy.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

You would notice if a squatch bit you. Chupacabras are much more stealthy.
    Yeah, but they can spit on you from up in a tree. It's their equivalant to pissing off the roof of a parkade.

in omnia paratus

Yeah, but they can spit on you from up in a tree. It's their equivalant to pissing off the roof of a parkade.
    Nah... Really that's just Urban Sasquatch that do that... And really you only see that a lot in the parking lot of a Denny's.

Or in downtown Pueblo.
    6'4"

Monday isn't even over yet, and I'm beat. They want me to work 12 hour days this week, but 10 hour days are more than enough......

in omnia paratus

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    January 14th and my car is covered in plant jizz. The entire car is covered in thick yellow powder.
    I guess with these 80 degree days the plants cant hold it in.
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Monday isn't even over yet, and I'm beat. They want me to work 12 hour days this week, but 10 hour days are more than enough......
    Yeah I've bit off more than I can chew today... But that's pretty much every day for me recently!
    6'4"

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    January 14th and my car is covered in plant jizz. The entire car is covered in thick yellow powder.
    I guess with these 80 degree days the plants cant hold it in.
    There must be some tree species that pollinates around this time of year down there?
    6'4"

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    There must be some tree species that pollinates around this time of year down there?
    from the looks of all the pollen on the cars adn the road it seems like everything is pollinating lol

I think its some of the palms ...possibly the skinny FL pines too.... I have a date palm in my yard and its blooming pretty good right now
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope