Page 34 of 183 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 5464
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Oh, lol, that's worthless ^^
    If my wife had any experience with children or babies or had ever even had an out patient procedure done, I might have resisted a little. But she really is going into this whole thing with zero experience on all fronts.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    for that kinda money they should teach you how to do a c-section with an izula survival knife
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    Haha, yeah. Lamaze is stupid. The nurse/midwife will guide you through the whole thing because you're going to forget everything you learned in the class.

As for the birthing class that my extremely Type A wife forced me to sit through, I think it did a lot to answer a lot of the questions I had and a lot of the questions I never knew I had.

For example, I was always under the impression that once a woman went into labor, the little bugger could plop out onto the floor at any second and that I should probably be walking behind her with my fishing net ready to catch it when it falls. It turns out, that's not the case. Not by a long shot.

They taught us a lot of the things to do to help relax her during the early stages of labor and at what stage of labor it was time to go to the hospital.
    Yeah I've been through enough with my friends wives over the years that I've got a bead on a lot of it... Like the whole it takes time for her dilate after her water breaks and that there will be micro contractions for weeks leading up to the actual day as her body prepares with Higgs-braxton contractions.

Back in the day, me owning a ratty old party house, my room mates knocked up a lot of girlfriends while living in my spare bedroom.

I'm pretty sure for a while there in the late 90's I was on Planned Parenthoods 10 most wanted list!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    If my wife had any experience with children or babies or had ever even had an out patient procedure done, I might have resisted a little. But she really is going into this whole thing with zero experience on all fronts.
    If they teach the newborn care/new parent stuff, that was really helpful.

Despite all of your preparations, you'll always remember the feeling when you first get her home and look at you wife and say, "Oh sh!t, what do we do now?"
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha, yeah. Lamaze is stupid. The nurse/midwife will guide you through the whole thing because you're going to forget everything you learned in the class.

As for the birthing class that my extremely Type A wife forced me to sit through, I think it did a lot to answer a lot of the questions I had and a lot of the questions I never knew I had.

For example, I was always under the impression that once a woman went into labor, the little bugger could plop out onto the floor at any second and that I should probably be walking behind her with my fishing net ready to catch it when it falls. It turns out, that's not the case. Not by a long shot.

They taught us a lot of the things to do to help relax her during the early stages of labor and at what stage of labor it was time to go to the hospital.
    OMG.. I laughed at that visual. I should neg you for it cause it really hurts to laugh.

One of my kids has the family guy game on xbox and there's section where you have to catch babies as they pop out in a birthing room,

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Despite all of your preparations, you'll always remember the feeling when you first get her home and look at you wife and say, "Oh sh!t, what do we do now?"
    LMAO. I remember loading up the car with the first one. I kept looking around like, are they really just gonna let us leave with the baby???

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    Its crazy how many different colors these guys have. Easily the best looking duck.

Woodys are indeed some of the coolest colored ducks around. Buffleheads have an iridescent ring around their neck and bright pink flippers that are pretty cool, too.

On the east coast, you have harlequins, and in Asia you have the mandarin ducks (both of which are related to the wood duck), which are just as colorful as woodies.

Yeah I've been through enough with my friends wives over the years that I've got a bead on a lot of it... Like the whole it takes time for her dilate after her water breaks and that there will be micro contractions for weeks leading up to the actual day as her body prepares with Higgs-braxton contractions.

Back in the day, me owning a ratty old party house, my room mates knocked up a lot of girlfriends while living in my spare bedroom.

I'm pretty sure for a while there in the late 90's I was on Planned Parenthoods 10 most wanted list!
    Again, if you value your sanity and enjoy sleep, look into "The Happiest Baby on the Block" by Dr Harvey Karp. Most libraries have the book and the video. The book is good, but the video is quicker and cuts straight to the point.

Again, if you value your sanity and enjoy sleep, look into "The Happiest Baby on the Block" by Dr Harvey Karp. Most libraries have the book and the video. The book is good, but the video is quicker and cuts straight to the point.
    Yeah I put it on the "Christmas List" and didn't get it... So I put it on the Baby Shower list. (Which is January 19th) But I doubt it.

If it doesn't appear by then, I'm just going to go out and buy the video... I think I looked it up on line after you recommended it to me and it was only like $10.

At least I think that's what it was... I was wearing the seafoam shirt and one of Hairy's Tinfoil hats in my workout studio!
    6'4"

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LMAO. I remember loading up the car with the first one. I kept looking around like, are they really just gonna let us leave with the baby???
    LOL, first time I went out after my son was born. I loaded up the car, put in the car seat.. thought I had everything. Started to leave and realized I had everything but the baby. I had left him in the crib.

Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    LOL, first time I went out after my son was born. I loaded up the car, put in the car seat.. thought I had everything. Started to leave and realized I had everything but the baby. I had left him in the crib.
    Haha. Never did that, but simple things like going to the store went from "put on pants, shirt, and shoes . . . grab keys, gun and wallet . . . go to store" to "change baby . . . bundle baby up . . .etc, etc, etc . . . 30 min later, hop in the truck for the 2 min drive to the store to grab your one item and go home"

I think for me the biggest thing, other than the lack of sleep thing, is going to be changing the style with which I solve problems.

Like I pretty much never enter a situation and think "Oh shat what do I do now?"

I usually just "Attack the situation proactively" and then trust that even the stuff I get wrong, I'll be able to learn from the experience, get better and better and eventually master it.

Somehow I suspect that style of problem solving doesn't mesh too well with newborn child care!

So I'm going to have to straight up invent a new style and way of thinking.
    6'4"

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Easy fix ^^. Wife gets up with the baby and you promise to change at least 1 diaper during the day to make up for it.

Haha. Never did that, but simple things like going to the store went from "put on pants, shirt, and shoes . . . grab keys, gun and wallet . . . go to store" to "change baby . . . bundle baby up . . .etc, etc, etc . . . 30 min later, hop in the truck for the 2 min drive to the store to grab your one item and go home"
    Stuff like this ^^^ is the other reason I stock up in large quantities of everything.

As it stands right now I need one more case of baby wipes and I shouldn't need to buy anything for diaper changes until sometime in mid to late August.

One question I haven't figured for yet... Is can I just buy a base for a car seat, so then we can leave a base in each vehicle, or do they all just come in combo's?

It's all of the retail end of stuff that I'm like a hog staring at a wrist watch!
    6'4"

One of my crazy exgirlfriends (Which is a category in and of itself for me) hunted me down on ******** after she heard I was expecting, so she could give me a bunch of whacked out do-it yourself advice.

I didn't need to hear the graphic story about how she gave birth in a kiddie pool with a midwife doing everything or how eating the placenta improves the quality of your breast milk.

I sort of trailed away before she could go into further detail about how to make your own cloth diapers, because I was afraid it was going to involved weaving together dog hair... And I just don't have time for another pet!

I'm just waiting for my lack of retail knowledge to combine poorly with my Do it yourself mentality and someone is going to lure me into a crazy idea!
    6'4"

I think for me the biggest thing, other than the lack of sleep thing, is going to be changing the style with which I solve problems.

Like I pretty much never enter a situation and think "Oh shat what do I do now?"

I usually just "Attack the situation proactively" and then trust that even the stuff I get wrong, I'll be able to learn from the experience, get better and better and eventually master it.

Somehow I suspect that style of problem solving doesn't mesh too well with newborn child care!

So I'm going to have to straight up invent a new style and way of thinking.
    There is no preparing for the epic blowout. When there is sh!t literally everywhere and the little rugrat wants to kick and roll around, you're going to have to think on your toes.

One question I haven't figured for yet... Is can I just buy a base for a car seat, so then we can leave a base in each vehicle, or do they all just come in combo's?

It's all of the retail end of stuff that I'm like a hog staring at a wrist watch!
    For newborns up to 20 lbs, they make the carseats that can be taken off the base. It's really handy to just carry the car seat/bucket in with you when you go somewhere and it saves money so you only need two bases and one seat.

Once they hit that 20-25 lb weight limit or 30" limit for the little ones, you're going to have to fork over a hundo or two for one car seat for each vehicle or resign to only transporting the little squirt in one vehicle.

Not to change the subject, but this is how I spent new years day.

3 of us limited out in two hours. Most of them were right at 25". It's the first time in a long time that I've run out of bait.

Not to change the subject, but this is how I spent new years day.

3 of us limited out in two hours. Most of them were right at 25". It's the first time in a long time that I've run out of bait.
    Now there's one less Wolf Pack!

I love it when you hit a hungry pack of pike!
    6'4"

Now there's one less Wolf Pack!

I love it when you hit a hungry pack of pike!
    We probably caught 15 or 16 fish in all. All but 3 of them came out of two holes. Of the 12 or 13 fish that came out of those two holes, 9 or 10 of them came on my tip up.

I've got about 3 quarts of fish pickling in the fridge right now. Nomnomnom

We probably caught 15 or 16 fish in all. All but 3 of them came out of two holes. Of the 12 or 13 fish that came out of those two holes, 9 or 10 of them came on my tip up.

I've got about 3 quarts of fish pickling in the fridge right now. Nomnomnom
    I never developed a taste for pickled fish... Wish I loved it, just so I could target pike more.
    6'4"

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stuff like this ^^^ is the other reason I stock up in large quantities of everything.

As it stands right now I need one more case of baby wipes and I shouldn't need to buy anything for diaper changes until sometime in mid to late August.

My wifes vehicle has the base in it since its the primary baby mobile. But you can just use the factory seatbelts in most vehicles for the car seat, which is what I do for my truck. The waders, shotguns, and dead animals suppy also act as an airbag in my vehicle.
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

I was all excited until you said pickled. WTF gross LOL

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dammit, now my 3 year old Lab just had a grand mal seizure.
    Those are very manageable with ******.

Not too shabby, considering you graduated in what, 1932 or something?
    Negged!! 1980 goddamn yer eyes!!

So the first class last night was a little lame... It was basically like if they taught an advanced form of High School Health class.

The nurse teaching is about to sail off into retirement, and would just lose her train of thought mid sentence... I swear with all the visual aids there I could have taken over and taught the class better!

We were the oldest and the farthest along of the 5 other couples that were there.

It was somewhat comforting to look at the other couples there and they are all doe eyed, panicing and loaded with doubt. Like they'd ask "Do you know what relaxes your wife?" And the guys would start guessing...

I'd be all "Well rubbing her back usually works, with medium pressure... But there is also a CD of Hawaiian folk music that really soothes her, especially if it's raining."

It was hard not to bust out laughing... There was this one couple, originally from London (Born and Raised) In their mid 20's and they moved to this tiny FIFE of a town 15 minutes straight west of me. There's basically a grocery store the size of a 7/11, a church and a bar, surrounded by endless farm fields. They were told by "Me mum's gousin" (Whatever the hell that is) that it's just like the countryside outside of London.

You could tell the wife was not impressed, and the guy was just sick and tired of driving an hour back and forth to work in the city each day!
    This "Me mums gousin" person might have sold them a bad bag of goods!
    6'4"

I was all excited until you said pickled. WTF gross LOL
    It's a Scandanavian thing... Just like how all people of real German blood have a taste for yeasty beer, all Scandanavian people have a taste for pickled fish. While other people can "Acquire" a taste for these things, for them it comes naturally coded into the genome.
    6'4"

It's a Scandanavian thing... Just like how all people of real German blood have a taste for yeasty beer, all Scandanavian people have a taste for pickled fish. While other people can "Acquire" a taste for these things, for them it comes naturally coded into the genome.
    Screw that. I hunted with some Norwegians that had some sort of dried fish, looked like you filleted it and left it out on the dock in the sun all day. That wasn't bad, actually I kinda liked it. I don't think it was Ludafisk (sp?) but it might have been. But pickled... bleh. The Mexicans around here eat pickled pig's feet, they're in the gas stations and such. Not interested in anything pickled really, except maybe a cucumber or okra. I guess pickled veggies are OK in my head, but not meat.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weighed in at 237 the other day. Screw that! Back on the diet and exercise routine. Need to get my butt back into shape for golf!
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Weighed in at 237 the other day. Screw that! Back on the diet and exercise routine. Need to get my butt back into shape for golf!
    Back into shape for golf = does not compute

I'm 201 this morning and looking for 185 by April. Legs are KEELING me today. Calorie deficit plus leg day yesterday = dizzy and wanna puke.

Screw that. I hunted with some Norwegians that had some sort of dried fish, looked like you filleted it and left it out on the dock in the sun all day. That wasn't bad, actually I kinda liked it. I don't think it was Ludafisk (sp?) but it might have been. But pickled... bleh. The Mexicans around here eat pickled pig's feet, they're in the gas stations and such. Not interested in anything pickled really, except maybe a cucumber or okra. I guess pickled veggies are OK in my head, but not meat.
    The fish was "Salt Cod" Before the advent of Oil (#1) and Green Coffee Beans (#2) Salt Cod used to be the #1 most exported good in the (old) world.

The reality is before Columbus discovered America, Europe was on the verge of collapse from over fishing and deforestation. Continental Europe was nearly devoid of fish in all it's lakes and rivers from trying to feed the population... The Saxony and Visigoth Germans (My Ancestors) went up to the Scandanavian Nations and helped them figure out how to smelt iron from swamp peat and how to preserve fish by salting and drying...

Since Norway has such fertile fishing waters for Cod, they now had a way to preserve it and trade it to mainland Europe... Where it could then be rehydrated and cooked in many ways. (Norweigan Salt cod to this day is still a staple food in Provence France on the mediteranean)

Without Salt Cod, and the technique of planting in 3's Europe would have fallen back into a New-Dark-Ages, decimated by famine before Columbus could have had a chance to discover the new world so it could be plundered.

6'4"

But pickled... bleh. The Mexicans around here eat pickled pig's feet, they're in the gas stations and such. Not interested in anything pickled really, except maybe a cucumber or okra. I guess pickled veggies are OK in my head, but not meat.
    You know how I know you're a commie?

Go to the store and buy a small tub of pickled herring and tell me you don't like it.

It's a Scandanavian thing...
    Hey Hairy, take a look at your screen name. Try some pickled fish. You'll like it. It's in your DNA.