Page 26 of 183 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast
    lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    So everything turned out perfectly fine with the baby...

Funny too, because I often watch TV with my hands behind my head and that's what she was doing in the first picture... Just lounging around in there.

They said that she's perfectly on weight and everything looks fine... Her little leg bones are already long!
    Have you got the 3D ultrasound yet?

We saved the one we got for Junior, and it looks exactly like his baby pictures. It's kind of creepy.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    Have you got the 3D ultrasound yet?

We saved the one we got for Junior, and it looks exactly like his baby pictures. It's kind of creepy.
    The Level 1 we had to do to check for birth defects basically took the place of the 3D one... So if we went for the 3D one our insurance wouldn't cover it because it's medically unnecessary.

On the bright side though... Like the Doc said "She needs to be on a high meat diet for the next 2 months."

So we went straight to the butcher and loaded up on Bacon, beef jerkey, round steak, salmon...

Everything she pointed at I bought for her (Double for me)

Then I also got the piggest pig shank I've ever seen...

I was thinking of making Schwienhaxe... But I actually have some Kale in the Fridge and could could maybe make a nice Azorian Kale Soup!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    On the bright side though... Like the Doc said "She needs to be on a high meat diet for the next 2 months.
    Did you chuckle and say "I've got a high meat diet for her, right here"?

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Did you chuckle and say "I've got a high meat diet for her, right here"?
    I was holding a picture of kittens at the time... So I was trying to stay PG rated!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First big winter storm of the season is headed our way. Calling for 8-12 inches of snow, with high winds blowing it and drifting badly. Sweet. I'm thinking we'll have a snow day tomorrow. I have plenty of food, water, and beer stocked up. Just have to fill up the snowblower with gas and get it going.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Calling for 8-12 inches of snow, with high winds blowing it
    Heh heh. I got your 8-12 inches right here.

No homo.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Heh heh. I got your 8-12 inches right here.

No homo.
    Shouldn't you be out on an ice sheet somewhere?

in omnia paratus

First big winter storm of the season is headed our way. Calling for 8-12 inches of snow, with high winds blowing it and drifting badly. Sweet. I'm thinking we'll have a snow day tomorrow. I have plenty of food, water, and beer stocked up. Just have to fill up the snowblower with gas and get it going.
    Pfft... Rookie... I've already survived two death storms, where I had to get my pregnant wife on the road at 5:00 am to go to work 30 miles away.

8-12 inches... Pfft... I'd just sit outside drinking beer leaning on a shovel.

But seriously... They were talking about that storm up here... I guess it's supposed to get pretty nasty... Ice, then snow, then it's supposed to start blowing like a fat chick at a frat party for some epic drifts.

I guess once it crosses lake Michigan and picks up warmth and moisture it's going to bend Detroit over like the basement scene in pulp fiction with a nasty ice storm that could knock out a lot of power lines just in time to mutilate a lot of people's christmas plans.

And you know... I don't know why the weather channel didn't respond to my resume application to be a copy writer for their on-air forecasters!

6'4"

Well so far, it's been a fully day of me being in charge of my wife's diet. (Even packed her a lunch) and her blood sugar numbers have been spot on and she actually been satisfied and fulfilled instead of hungry.
    6'4"

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well so far, it's been a fully day of me being in charge of my wife's diet. (Even packed her a lunch) and her blood sugar numbers have been spot on and she actually been satisfied and fulfilled instead of hungry.
    Can you do mine next?

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Can you do mine next?
    You got the Diabetes?

I think the big thing for her was that she loves Pasta... And I got her the "Dreamfields" brand of Carb smart pasta... The portion size is just about right for her (With a pile of roasted Lemon and Rosemary chicken on top)

Yesterday I picked up the Greg Valentino of Pig Shanks at the butcher... I was thinking I was going to make Schweinhaxe... But I think instead I'll use it and the ham bone from the Christmas ham to make a stock for an Azorian (Not Portugese) Kale soup.
    6'4"

Shouldn't you be out on an ice sheet somewhere?
    I've got your ice sheet right here.

Wait, wut?

On an unrelated note, I've been practicing with my slingshot off my deck recently in anticipation of dispatching a few of the hasenpfeffers that are taunting my dog. I've gotten pretty good from the top of the deck (about 15' high) out to about 15 yards on small prairie dog targets. Last night, I went to let the dog out before going to bed about 11:00 and there was one of those long-eared buggers sitting within range just waiting to get plugged. Too bad I left the sling shot in the garage and didn't have time to go back and get it.

I've got your ice sheet right here.

Wait, wut?

On an unrelated note, I've been practicing with my slingshot off my deck recently in anticipation of dispatching a few of the hasenpfeffers that are taunting my dog. I've gotten pretty good from the top of the deck (about 15' high) out to about 15 yards on small prairie dog targets. Last night, I went to let the dog out before going to bed about 11:00 and there was one of those long-eared buggers sitting within range just waiting to get plugged. Too bad I left the sling shot in the garage and didn't have time to go back and get it.
    When the Zombie Apocalypse comes in 2 days, you'll be the man picking off those zombies with the slingshot!

When you run out of rocks you can switch over to your ice fishing gear and jig a chubby darter down to them!
    6'4"

When the Zombie Apocalypse comes in 2 days, you'll be the man picking off those zombies with the slingshot!

When you run out of rocks you can switch over to your ice fishing gear and jig a chubby darter down to them!
    Rocks are too unpredictable for precision sling shotting. I use Daisy ammo. Yeah, it's not free, but it is consistent.

Slingshot + super high bounce ball = hilarity.

in omnia paratus

Slingshot + super high bounce ball = hilarity.
    I'll have to try that in a small, crowded room.

I'll have to try that in a small, crowded room.
    Yeah I've got to imagine it would be a great conversation starter with the in-laws!
    6'4"

So yesterday I went out and checked for tracks in the fresh snow...

Ironically the deer have started using the tracks from my sled drag as trails... They literally follow my course like it was a deer super highway.

I don't know how or if that applies to the baiting rules??? But I think I can definitely use that to my advantage next winter!
    6'4"

So yesterday I went out and checked for tracks in the fresh snow...

Ironically the deer have started using the tracks from my sled drag as trails... They literally follow my course like it was a deer super highway.

I don't know how or if that applies to the baiting rules??? But I think I can definitely use that to my advantage next winter!
    My back yard is a highway for deer. There are almost as many deer tracks are there are tracks from my dog.

A few nights ago, my dog started going bonkers barking at something out the back door. I promptly rolled out of bed and grabbed my pistol, expecting to see a bad guy on the deck. There were two bucks standing at the edge of my garden just slowly walking along. They were well within slingshot range, but I don't think it would have done much.

Training the deer to walk where you want them to is not the same as baiting.

in omnia paratus

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's been said that nainoa is so wise, when he walks he ****s golden nuggets that pour from his pockets like rain. Turns out it was just corn.

It's been said that nainoa is so wise, when he walks he ****s golden nuggets that pour from his pockets like rain. Turns out it was just corn.
    LOL... Speaking of Corn...

I set up a bird and squirrel feeding station for the Fall/Winter/Spring outside of one of my ground level office windows and then put two kitty beds in front of it so the cats could basically watch the forest animals like TV. They've been having a great time and all that. And I've even gotten to the point where I can recognize the 4 squirrels that visit the feeder regularly. (And of course named them)

Well 2 days ago I put out 4 ears of field corn just jammed in the snow... A total squirrel war broke out! One squirrel would grab a cob and try to run off with it... But laden as he was the others could catch up... Tug it away... And then try to make off with it... But slowed down the others could catch up.

All the usual squirrels could at best make it to their home tree, but were too slow trying to climb up... So 1-2-3 other squirrels would latch onto the cob and pull the whole pile down like crabs in a bucket. (I'm telling you at this point it was better than watching a football game!)

Well a new black squirrel from the pine woods, that I've name "Darth Squirrel" came in... And this was a BIG BOY. (Which is rare since the black squirrels are usually smaller, weaker and have less of an undercoat than the grays) He was actually able to grab a large cob and escape with it back into the pines.

When I was walking the trails yesterday I came to an area where it was litterally just raining bits and hulls of field corn.

Look up and sure enough there was a new, smallish squirrel nest.

The ironic thing is that he located it just across trail and down 10 feet from the summer brooding nest for the family of Hawks that live in my pine woods.

End well for him... This will not!

But basically by putting those corn cobs out, I'm entertaining the cats, feeding the squirrels, baiting the deer and ultimately feeding a family of hawks for a week next spring!

It's like a friggin' scene from the Lion King!
    6'4"

If I post a deer crossing sign near my deer stand, is that considered baiting?

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This was the third and she's basically a little more than 2 months out.

Early on my Doc did the one to confirm the pregnancy... Then because of my wife's age we had to do a level 1 ultrasound at a specialist to check for birth defects and such (Everything came out perfect)

They didn't want to do any more than that just because when the heart is so small and young and the brain is just starting to form that I guess there have been some studies that show it could be a concern.

They wouldn't have done another one if it wasn't for the Diabetes running out of control like it is.

The technician lady did mention that this one was lower power or something like that. It was pretty dark compared to all the others... Like just enough to see the baby and confirm size measurements.

The big issue with Gestational Diabetes (For now) is that the baby will end up getting too large too fast and could have issues with her pancreas, which could lead to Juvenile Diabetes.

If we can get my wife's Blood sugar under control in the next 2 weeks then we won't need any more of these tests.

They actually expected the baby to have shown some issues already, and she was perfect... So it looks like we caught everything...

Thus the beginning of "Nainoa... Nutrition Nazi!"

Now I just need a theme song with a spiffy bass riff and like a cool looking trench coat!
    I'm sure Fitty could help with some keto friendly recipes sure to tame even the wildest blood sugar!
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    I'm sure Fitty could help with some keto friendly recipes sure to tame even the wildest blood sugar!
    Basically the Nutrition plan to keep her on is damn close to an atkins diet as you can get without being on an Atkins diet itself.

Her and the baby still need carbs, just in measured, balanced and timed amounts.

So like for breakfast, it was eggs and bacon (Even got her the good butchershop bacon low in Nitrates)

Morning snack String Cheese

Lunch, Chicken salad, heavy on the fresh herbs, onions and celery on these sandwich thins (Diabetic bread/tortilla thing)

I just saw that she snuck some potato chips out of the pantry this morning before she left, so the chips had to be removed.

Then tonight I'm doing a Spicy Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry... And instead of serving it over a bed or rice I'm taking some of the Diabetic low carb spaghetti and cutting it down into small bits, boiled al dente.

Before bed snack... Greek Yogurt with 2 Tablespoons of my non-sugar blue berry preserves.

When we (The doc and I) Looked at her journal and all the blood sugar numbers, on days that she works, during the day she can actually cheat a little bit, because all the walking around that's a part of her job is helping to burn off the extra glucose in her blood.

It's when she's at home or on her days off that she goes over... Literally the minute she sits on her butt and eats something her blood sugars spike like a brittle diabetic.

She just didn't see the pattern etc...

So she would get up to go to work (While I was still sleeping) and make up an excuse to eat a bowl of co-co krispies... Then go to work 2 hours later check her blood sugar and find that it was just a little high.

Well first thing in the morning is when she does the most physical work and has the most burn off. She didn't think of it that way... Instead she thought of it like "Well looks like Co-Co Krispies don't have as many bad sugars as I thought... Guess I can eat them more often!" Combined with "I guess my Diabetes isn't as bad as they said it was... Must just be the doc's being hyper critical!"

Then she'd eat them when she wasn't being active... Blood sugar spikes like a brittle diabetic and she turns into a pile of doubt, worry and guilt.

And of course when Women feel depressed or anxious they tend to "Eat away their feelings" or "Starve" themselves.

After 2 weeks of letting her stubbornly "Take care of it make myself" She was just getting worse and worse and worse.

I think as long as she doesn't cheat on her diet (Other than Christmas dinner) and I keep making all her meals and bagging her lunches, I think her and the baby will be just fine.

If I can keep her on track, then we can get her re-back off the High List pregnancy watch.

Everyday my vote for us only having 1 kid is getting stronger and stronger!
    6'4"

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    We need a good cold front here to move some ducks in. Weve been fairly successful with this spread..

"I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    We need a good cold front here to move some ducks in. Weve been fairly successful with this spread..

Man... I haven't seen a duck in so friggin' long... They left crazy early this year... Had me expecting a harsh early winter... And then just when winter reared it's ugly head a few weeks early, it stayed warm.
    6'4"

LMAO ^^

I'm gonna try setting the dekes out like that next time.

LMAO ^^

I'm gonna try setting the dekes out like that next time.
    You ever read Wildfowl magazine? They used to have a lot of good deke patterns in there.

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You ever read Wildfowl magazine? They used to have a lot of good deke patterns in there.
    This is the 1st year Ive been remotely serious about ducks. Calls, dekes, and such. Its addicting and expensive.
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid