Page 179 of 183 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,370 of 5464
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by envisu View Post
    Eating camel for the first time tomorrow night. Hoping it's tasty like Roo meat...
    Is it toe or loin?

Sorry I had to...

Seriously though, I knew a guy once from the Middle East who said that they ate baby camel for special occasions... Slow roasted in a pit like a Hawaiian Imu... He said it was a little bit like lamb or goat depending on what kind of terrain it was raised.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Pretty excited... My first self published e-book goes up for sale sometime this weekend.

No more selling the royalty rights for quick cash.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Is it toe or loin?

Sorry I had to...

Seriously though, I knew a guy once from the Middle East who said that they ate baby camel for special occasions... Slow roasted in a pit like a Hawaiian Imu... He said it was a little bit like lamb or goat depending on what kind of terrain it was raised.
    Tasted very similar to lamb. Would eat again.

What's new?

Tasted very similar to lamb. Would eat again.

What's new?
    Not much... Grinding away like crazy... This time of year is a lot of set up work up here... Finally have all of the garden in, chicks are nearly full grown and integrating with the flock. Working on a chicken tractor that will be painted like a classic barn.

Just published my first chicken book... Working on my bread baking book and a book on grilling hamburgers... Hopefully the last two will be out by the end of the month.

Also picked up a writing assignment for later this month on a buffalo ranch operating about 12 miles from me.
    6'4"

envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Quiet in here...

Quiet in here...
    Yeah sad that the old thread appears to be petering out.
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm always here in :lurk: mode
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    I'm always here in :lurk: mode
    LOL...

How's fatherhood going for you?

Haven't heard any updates in a while.

My daughter has really hit her stride now at nearly two and a half... Helps me clean the house, puts dishes in the washer and then helps me put them away.

Last night while I was cooking supper, her "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" show ended, so she got up turned off the TV and turned off the light when she left the room.

I was so proud.

Now today she's nagging my wife every time she leaves the room and leaves the light on.
    6'4"

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have arrived to rescue your thrad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: my wife never turns any damn lights off either, drives me nucking futs.

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    I have arrived to rescue your thrad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: my wife never turns any damn lights off either, drives me nucking futs.
    Yeah pretty much every man seems to have this complaint. The fact that I've managed to instill it into my daughter at age 2 may save the human race from extinction!

I actually have a multi-meter system here with an off peak program. My energy co-op then monitors our energy usage on multiple levels and times.

Last winter they sent me a thing saying that our energy pattern is indicative of a household that leaves the lights on when no one is in the room... It had tips for teaching kids to turn things off and unplug chargers etc...

They said that doing this could save an average of 15% off your power bill.

Of course my wife would hear nothing of this

So I spent 2 months, annoyingly going from room to room turning off the lights and TV and what not for her. Not gonna lie I was a little ticked off about it.

Ended up saving 19% and 27% off my electrical usage!
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL...

How's fatherhood going for you?

Haven't heard any updates in a while.

My daughter has really hit her stride now at nearly two and a half... Helps me clean the house, puts dishes in the washer and then helps me put them away.

Last night while I was cooking supper, her "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" show ended, so she got up turned off the TV and turned off the light when she left the room.

I was so proud.

Now today she's nagging my wife every time she leaves the room and leaves the light on.
    going good. just super busy with work and home ownership. seems like the more I check off the home improvement project list, the more stuff gets added. Kiddo is almost 2 and is smart as a whip. Has mastered the concept of sarcasm and humor and will often prank her mom and I. My MIL watches her here at our home while I work from home all day, so it's cool to be able to see her at various times of the day. All in all, things are going good.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    going good. just super busy with work and home ownership. seems like the more I check off the home improvement project list, the more stuff gets added. Kiddo is almost 2 and is smart as a whip. Has mastered the concept of sarcasm and humor and will often prank her mom and I. My MIL watches her here at our home while I work from home all day, so it's cool to be able to see her at various times of the day. All in all, things are going good.
    Yeah with my hobby farm/writer's lifestyle my list never gets shorter.

Even now that my wife and I are 50/50 watching my daughter I still never have enough time.

Okay... I probably didn't need to add 6 new chickens, 2 elderberry bushes and a honeycrisp apple tree to the property... And I recently had to convince MYSELF not to raise a pig!
    6'4"

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    slow in here
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    slow in here
    Fastest it's been in months!
    6'4"

Every time I find a new fishing buddy I lose him...

Had a guy from England that is super passionate about fishing and the great outdoors... Got to take him on all the classic MN fishing experiences... Now he's moving back in a few months.

However one of my best friends is in the home stretch of the hiring process for a job up here. If he got it he would move up here... Or at the very least he'd get off on a Friday and could just swing in. His "Free Weekend" and mine are the same.

So I suppose when one door closes another one opens.
    6'4"

Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    my fishing buddy has a bipolar wife, so.....
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

my fishing buddy has a bipolar wife, so.....
    Yeah the guy that used to be one of my most solid fishing companions has nearly vanished from existence.

His wife decided to develop a serious substance abuse problem, at the same time his teenage daughter developed schitzophrenia and he got a promotion that has him on the road half of the time.

I'm amazed his house hasn't burned down, let alone him get out to go fishing!
    6'4"

Pretty cool... My buddy that works in road construction and used to work as a mechanic stopped in and we got to work on my boat's steering cable...

Now the steering moves like a car without power steering, driving really slow... Where as before if I wanted to move in anything other than a straight line I had eat a can of spinach and hold aloft my magic sword saying By the Power of Greyskull!
    6'4"

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah pretty much every man seems to have this complaint. The fact that I've managed to instill it into my daughter at age 2 may save the human race from extinction!

I actually have a multi-meter system here with an off peak program. My energy co-op then monitors our energy usage on multiple levels and times.

Last winter they sent me a thing saying that our energy pattern is indicative of a household that leaves the lights on when no one is in the room... It had tips for teaching kids to turn things off and unplug chargers etc...

They said that doing this could save an average of 15% off your power bill.

Of course my wife would hear nothing of this

So I spent 2 months, annoyingly going from room to room turning off the lights and TV and what not for her. Not gonna lie I was a little ticked off about it.

Ended up saving 19% and 27% off my electrical usage!
    That's freaking awesome!

I don't even care about the money or the planet, it's now just a peeve of mine that drives me crazy. I mean, she'll wake up in the morning and put the dogs out. The outside light will be left on and the light switch damn near touching her shoulder but does she turn it off? Nope... Big kid and little kid too, same thing. Middle is great he goes through the house turning all the lights off too. I actually went a few days in a row having a "lights out" drill where I'd run upstairs while everyone was downstairs or not home and count how many lights were on and how many were off (and turn them off obviously). I swear it was usually 80% of the lights on. Asinine!

Every time I find a new fishing buddy I lose him...

Had a guy from England that is super passionate about fishing and the great outdoors... Got to take him on all the classic MN fishing experiences... Now he's moving back in a few months.

However one of my best friends is in the home stretch of the hiring process for a job up here. If he got it he would move up here... Or at the very least he'd get off on a Friday and could just swing in. His "Free Weekend" and mine are the same.

So I suppose when one door closes another one opens.
    I'm just gonna start inviting random people on internet forums. All my fishing buddies pretty much quit fishing, except for the one who became a guide now he wants money to fish with him lol. The wife is always up to go but she's been working at least one weekend day every weekend all year and I'd go with just a kid or two but she guilt trips me big time haha. This M-F 5 day/week schedule blows... I want my old night shift back.

Pretty cool... My buddy that works in road construction and used to work as a mechanic stopped in and we got to work on my boat's steering cable...

Now the steering moves like a car without power steering, driving really slow... Where as before if I wanted to move in anything other than a straight line I had eat a can of spinach and hold aloft my magic sword saying By the Power of Greyskull!
    Hydraulic steering, once you have it you'll never go back to cables ever again.
    I had to replace the throttle and shift cables in my new old hunting boat after I got it last season, was not as bad as I'd thought.

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    That's freaking awesome!

I don't even care about the money or the planet, it's now just a peeve of mine that drives me crazy. I mean, she'll wake up in the morning and put the dogs out. The outside light will be left on and the light switch damn near touching her shoulder but does she turn it off? Nope... Big kid and little kid too, same thing. Middle is great he goes through the house turning all the lights off too. I actually went a few days in a row having a "lights out" drill where I'd run upstairs while everyone was downstairs or not home and count how many lights were on and how many were off (and turn them off obviously). I swear it was usually 80% of the lights on. Asinine!

I'm just gonna start inviting random people on internet forums. All my fishing buddies pretty much quit fishing, except for the one who became a guide now he wants money to fish with him lol. The wife is always up to go but she's been working at least one weekend day every weekend all year and I'd go with just a kid or two but she guilt trips me big time haha. This M-F 5 day/week schedule blows... I want my old night shift back.

Hydraulic steering, once you have it you'll never go back to cables ever again.
    I had to replace the throttle and shift cables in my new old hunting boat after I got it last season, was not as bad as I'd thought.
    Well if I manage to sell a thousand copies of my Fantasy Football Strategy Guide, coming out soon, I'll have the funds to start making upgrades like that.

Now that my daughter is getting older and my wife is getting more involved in raising her, I actually have some free time. I had a rough 20 months or so... Sort of going through a person renaissance.
    6'4"

Sometimes being a rural newspaper writer/journalist is just as adventurous as all my years on the road...

Like this morning... When I woke up at 7 am, I had an open slate to just work on my own in-house writing projects...

Then I got an email from the editor needing a cover story... By 8:05 I was interviewing a guy for a story on soybean field management... Now I'm about to send it in to the publisher.
    6'4"

soybean field management interview sound like a good read to doze off to
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

It's not exciting, but I learned a lot. That's one of the things about being a real writer.

I mean you ask most people what a writer does or what their life is like and the conjure up an image of a guy tapping away in a dark messy room, and a half full low ball glass of whiskey.

While I admit that was me at one point in time.

The real life of a writer is really about organizing information in a way that people can absorb and understand. It usually calls for having to write on topics which you have zero interest in. That is the majority of my work, which helps pay the bills so that in my free time I can write the romantic, energetic and interesting stuff.
    6'4"

you can put a sci-fi spin on it like how to manage soybean fields on the moon while being attacked by the imperial guard

so we have had the typical 3 to 6 pm rain for the last few days...its a bit annoying when you want to get anything done outside after work...hope I can catch up on this upcoming 3 day weekend
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Hey man a good writer can make any story interesting.

Maybe even soybean field management

gxs27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gxs27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gxs27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gxs27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gxs27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gxs27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gxs27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gxs27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gxs27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gxs27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gxs27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Been here almost 4 years and never noticed the Outdoor Recreation section before yesterday

Used to fish a ton when I was a kid and then I got out of it but starting to love it again in the past year. Went fishing with my dad today and between the two of us we caught about 10 bass (all pretty small though) was a beautiful day on the lake and was nice to spend some time with the old man though
    Boise State - Packers - Bucks

don't look back

have a nice day

JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anyone have recommendations on a fillet knife? Cleaned my first fish yesterday and it could have been prettier. I have a wustof block set but no fillet knife
    Repping Metroins for life
    **TEAM REDRAIDER86**
    MMFC Crew
    ASOT Crew

rain hammered us here over the weekend....had some dry spells but not many

did a lot of grilling....ribs, chicken, pork shoulder, smoked corn, cedar plank fish sums up the last 3 days
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Originally Posted by JeannetteEmigh View Post
    Anyone have recommendations on a fillet knife? Cleaned my first fish yesterday and it could have been prettier. I have a wustof block set but no fillet knife
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121231571

Originally Posted by JeannetteEmigh View Post
    My favorite knife is made by Rapala, but ideally you want something with some flexibility in the blade. A rigid blade makes it hard to get a clean cut off the fillet near the bones.

Of course keeping the blade RAZOR sharp is an absolute must. Dull blades are far more likely to cause injury to the user and make for inefficient cutting.
    6'4"