Page 171 of 183 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,130 of 5464
    Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To all those who have served. Thank you.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    SO who is bracing for that Arctic Blast?

not me
    I'm getting ready for ice fishing. We are usually able to get out on about 2" of ice the day after Thanksgiving. As long as some heavy snow doesn't weight down the ice, we could potentially be ice fishing this weekend, which is the earliest I ever remember being able to get out.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    So your wife is staying somewhere else and getting 11 inches, huh?
    LOL... Actually they ended up with 14+ inches in the city. Looks like my final total is 11 inches.

2 days alone with just a toddler for company has me missing adult voices and conversation.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sleeting and snowing here in The People's Republic. You northerners are gonna get it bad this year. If we're getting screwed this early, y'all gonna take the whole 12" and then some.

Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    Sleeting and snowing here in The People's Republic. You northerners are gonna get it bad this year. If we're getting screwed this early, y'all gonna take the whole 12" and then some.
    only supposed to be high around 20 with lows in teens and some days in single digits here. Way too cold for November. 24 degrees below normal.

Got missed by the big snow some areas got 20 inches. I only got a little with freezing rain.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Balmy 14° here in Iowa this morning. Going to be a cold hunt this weekend.

in omnia paratus

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz

Actually it will be in the 50s-60sthis weekend and almost reach freezing late Monday / early Tuesday...but will be right back to the 70s a couple days later.

I really want to get on the water but my bro-inlaw with the boat is going through some BS with his wife at the moment and it effecting my fishing lol
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    The one thing still going for me is that there was still a lot of heat energy in the ground. The 11 inches of snow reduced itself down to 5 in the process of bleeding out all of that heat. And now that my wife has the Honda CRV I don't have to worry quite as bad about her driving on ice.

Chickens are doing amazing so far in their first winter...

Every little trick I pulled to help them through the winter has so far worked.

In fact the 25 watt electric dog bowl sitting in a little red wagon is more a effective watering device than the normal chicken waterer I used in summer. They don't get it dirty scratching and it holds 1.5 gallons. Thermostat turns on at 40, so I can actually put snow and ice in there in a pinch!

They're still laying even, but it's 2 eggs per 6 chickens per day... So half of what they were doing in summer.

Wind baffles worked perfectly for the tunnel connecting the coop to the pen. Only problem is they have no real interest in going out into the pen even after I shoveled it.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Originally Posted by Curl Master View Post
    only supposed to be high around 20 with lows in teens and some days in single digits here. Way too cold for November. 24 degrees below normal.

Got missed by the big snow some areas got 20 inches. I only got a little with freezing rain.
    Well for the upper midwest we share the jet stream pattern with Anchorage Alaska during the winter. So whatever they have going on is the air mass that will blow over us in 5 to 10 days.

Currently they are a little above average and their advanced forecast holds that pattern.

So in theory after this bizzaro high pressure system move over towards Europe, we should get a mild airmass moving over us. Granted all the snow pack it has to move across will cool it down a bit. So while you shouldn't expect balmy weather, it shouldn't be deathly cold for late November/Early December.
    6'4"

Awesome... Found a place with Ramp seeds available!
    6'4"

Below zero wind chill this morning. Too early for this crap!

in omnia paratus

Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    almost 80 yesterday in mids 70s today.....rain and cold front rolling in late today and temps are to drop to right around freezing.....thats north FL for ya
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Below zero wind chill this morning. Too early for this crap!
    Yeah last year I had snow stay on the ground 1 week earlier, but it wasn't this bitter cold this friggin' early.

I'm looking at the warm weather in Anchorage and hugging my knees in anticipation that their air mass is coming to us!
    6'4"

Sure glad I don't live in upstate New York

in omnia paratus

Sure glad I don't live in upstate New York
    Yeah 6 feet of snow would be crazy. Imagine the roof collapses that are sure to follow!

I mean my house was build in 1990 and has a pretty strong roof line.

Deep into last winter I could hear groans from all the weight of snow when I had 2 feet of pack on it, so I raked it off.

If you don't get 6 feet off a roof damn quick, especially with the old houses in that part of the country, then you're going to have a lot of roof damage.
    6'4"

well world is ending....icicles on my palm trees..

China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

So, i cooked my first coon the other day. Boiled the fat off of it then stuck it in a crock pot with some dijon mustard and red wine. Not awesome, but it turned out edible. extremely tender, just fell off the bone. Would have been better with BBQ sauce, but I was out. Not something i would want to eat all the time, but I know i can make it edible if i have no other food options.

in omnia paratus

Good lord, i just noticed that I've been on this site for over a decade.....

in omnia paratus

So, i cooked my first coon the other day. Boiled the fat off of it then stuck it in a crock pot with some dijon mustard and red wine. Not awesome, but it turned out edible. extremely tender, just fell off the bone. Would have been better with BBQ sauce, but I was out. Not something i would want to eat all the time, but I know i can make it edible if i have no other food options.
    So what inspired you to try coon in the first place?

The only people I know that have a tradition of eating coon are in the western Appalacia or the Ozarks.
    6'4"

Yeah me too... Though I've got 13K more posts than you in the 8 months longer that I've been here.
    6'4"

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Approaching a decade myself.

Doesn't seem that long to me.

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Yeah me too... Though I've got 13K more posts than you in the 8 months longer that I've been here.
    Imagine that.

Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Ha, just imagine the word count you have over me, oh Captain of Wall Text!

The stable manager traps coons, so he suggested we try it. So I butchered and cooked it.

in omnia paratus

Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    Imagine that.

Yeah things were different before I had a kid!

In other news... Both good and bad... I've been participating in a writing competition grant for a while now... Started out with just short of 10,000 participants... The top 10 are awarded a grant to help fund the publication of their novel. (Which we develop throughout the contest)

Results were published last night...

I came in 11th!
    6'4"

Sucks you didn't get the grant, Nainoa, but you were still in the top 11 out of 10,000! That's nothing to sneeze at!

in omnia paratus

Sucks you didn't get the grant, Nainoa, but you were still in the top 11 out of 10,000! That's nothing to sneeze at!
    Yeah bittersweet... Sometimes I think it's better to get your ass kicked than to just fall short.

On the bright side... I groomed one of our hills and took my daughter sledding for the first time yesterday. FINALLY found something about winter that she likes!
    6'4"

Got my shotgun sighted in Friday night. 5 shot groups at 100 yards well under 5". That should do it.

in omnia paratus

X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Got my shotgun sighted in Friday night. 5 shot groups at 100 yards well under 5". That should do it.
    That's a tite pattern w/ 00 buck......lol

I'm tagged out for the year. Been ice fishin' for the past week and jump shootin' greenheads.
    Sheepdog#47
    ★cVc★
    Panama
    OIFx3
    OEF

Well I've had zero luck bow hunting, so i have to rely on shotgun season.

in omnia paratus

Originally Posted by X-ring View Post
    That's a tite pattern w/ 00 buck......lol

I'm tagged out for the year. Been ice fishin' for the past week and jump shootin' greenheads.
    Hey bro... Nice to see you in this thread again.

Strangely enough I actually have fishable ice here... Didn't think I would have good ice by now when I approved my wife having back to back "Girls weekends"
    6'4"