Page 154 of 183 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,620 of 5464
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    yes and no, I have had a lot of good times on a boat and it was worth every penny spent going out...but if you dont regularly use it then yes it gets to be a money pit...Good thing here in FL, boating weather is pretty much all year long except for January
    Problem is if you get involved then you're inevitably going to get drug into other parts of the divorce.

I've gotten stuck in the middle of too many relationship problems just because I was trying to be supportive of my buddy.

Now it's almost like I hear a friend say "We're talking about getting divorced" and I stop talking to him for 2 years just so I don't get hit by the collateral damage. Prickish of me, but it's only the course of action that doesn't get you beat up in the process.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    You're not supposed to give names to your food.

This ^^^

You probably have to buy his new boo "How to Build a Chicken Coop on a $45 Budget and 3 Soda Cans" in order to see the pics.
    There's nothing spectacular about the coop ATM. It's a wood and chicken wire box 8 feet by 12 feet in the insulated section of the barn. Once I build the nesting boxes and get the outside run (Caged pen) built then I'll snap some pics. I figure I'll make a McDonald's chicken play land of twisted wood for them too!

I spent an hour in there with them last night just sitting there getting them used to me. By the end I was able to pick up all 6 of them, even had one jump up on my knee and hang out like a lap-chicken.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    yes and no, I have had a lot of good times on a boat and it was worth every penny spent going out...but if you dont regularly use it then yes it gets to be a money pit...Good thing here in FL, boating weather is pretty much all year long except for January
    The going out is the fun part and always worth the money. The repairs and cost of actual ownership are where the risks are.

But yeah, in FL near the coast - owning a boat is a no-brainer. Jelly of your awesome boating weather.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    The going out is the fun part and always worth the money. The repairs and cost of actual ownership are where the risks are.

But yeah, in FL near the coast - owning a boat is a no-brainer. Jelly of your awesome boating weather.
    Don't let Procta fool you. It is pretty miserable this time of year until about late October.

I always look forward to the Fall and Winter months in FL. Those are the best two months of the year.

Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    Don't let Procta fool you. It is pretty miserable this time of year until about late October.

I always look forward to the Fall and Winter months in FL. Those are the best two months of the year.
    This past winter was gut busting miserable. Spring only lasted about 3-4 days. Since then though it's been gorgeous up here. Every day is middle to upper 70's, partly cloudy with low humidity. Rains only come at night and everything is in full green.
    6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Gee, I guess 60 is too cold, smh.
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Problem is if you get involved then you're inevitably going to get drug into other parts of the divorce.

I've gotten stuck in the middle of too many relationship problems just because I was trying to be supportive of my buddy.

Now it's almost like I hear a friend say "We're talking about getting divorced" and I stop talking to him for 2 years just so I don't get hit by the collateral damage. Prickish of me, but it's only the course of action that doesn't get you beat up in the process.
    Yea, I don't get involved in personal affairs. I don't give advice and I will not listen to your incessant bellyaching, been there, done that. My deafness becomes VERY selective when someone drops the D word.

Pretty cute... After our morning meditation my daughter and I went out to play. I put her down in her sandbox. She gets up and BOLTED to the barn trying to open the big doors so she could go watch the chickens!
    6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Kids and critters always puts a smile on my face Nainoa. Still no word from that ass with the Ramp seed, I filed a complaint with Yahoo about him. A simple sorry I'm sold out would be fine.

Went down to the compost lane, I bury stuff under cow crap. I counted 87 mater plants and 70 pepper plants, don't know what they are, but there's a bloody assed ton of them in that compost heap, lol.

Damn... One of my chickens got into some rat poison the previous owner left behind... I thought last night she would pull through. Found her dead today. Another one looks lethargic, hopefully she pulls through.

Kind of sad, the one that died was my favorite.
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that's too bad. better get them cooped up
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    random rat poison laying around, sounds suspicious
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

random rat poison laying around, sounds suspicious
    When I built the main coop I removed 2 inches of sand and added 2 inches of bedding. I suspect there was a kernel of it that got missed and the chicken foraged it off the floor.

When I talked with my neighbor he said it could have also been a crop infection. Too late to tell now.

Just to be safe I added 2 inches of sand and another 2 inches of bedding. The remaining 5 are doing just fine. In fact that Alpha hen Hera is growing like a MONSTER.

This is my one day off this week. So my buddy is coming over later this evening and he's going to help me finish the outdoor pen.

In other news I hit the next level in one of my writing contracts. I ghost wrote a probationary piece... Then loved it and they agreed to enact the 5 piece contract extension. Basically it's one month's worth of work (Spread out between now and the holidays) paying a little over 2 month's worth of bills!
    6'4"

iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I took some of my buddies out hog hunting to the place I hunt in OK.

As you can see, they had fun.

While they were hunting I decided to do some scouting. I was walking on this dried out river bed and noticed something....

well, I picked it up and cleaned it off.........

I am friggen PUMPED!!! This is a beautiful buck. I knew there were nice deer out here, but this made me really antsy.

I need to find more like him, just alive
    ★cVc★

"Hes the reason for the tear drops on my barbell" -jordansrt

Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    nice bacon^

uneventful week so far, have plans to go out fishing Sunday if weather permits
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Nice find Iccy...

Slow week so far for me... Chicken run pen is taking a long time but it's going to make the cover of "Better coops and gardens!"

I never realized there was so much carpentry involved in keeping chickens!
    6'4"

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    nice bacon^

uneventful week so far, have plans to go out fishing Sunday if weather permits
    It'll be raining by then.

Two of my son's have baseball tournaments this weekend. I am sure it will rain so that we can post-pone them for several hours.

dont be a Debbie Downer
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Figured you'd get a kick out of the first bass I've caught this year. Gulp worm lure, weedless, in a neighborhood pond. I was bouncing it along the bottom when this monster hit.

Nice find Iccy...

Slow week so far for me... Chicken run pen is taking a long time but it's going to make the cover of "Better coops and gardens!"

I never realized there was so much carpentry involved in keeping chickens!
    And you wonder why I said F chickens?

Iccy, those things are good for 2 things, sausage and bacon.

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    And you wonder why I said F chickens?

I could totally see how having a ton of chickens in a small coop could be a nasty stinking, back breaking experience.

Right now I've got 6 living in an indoor coop in an insulated corner of the barn. They say 4 square feet per chicken minimum... Those 6 have 96 square feet with a 12 foot cathedral ceiling... About to become 110 square feet indoors... Once the outdoor pen (Chicken Run) is done they'll have an additional 220 square feet with roosting trees and a 15 foot slanted ceiling... The reality is that I'm keeping 6 chickens in a space that could handle 20-25.

I'm overkilling it now intending to add another 4-6 chickens next year, and possibly a few turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas 2015.
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    I'm overkilling it now intending to add another 4-6 chickens next year, and possibly a few turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas 2015.
    That's a strict no-no. Cross species contamination is inevitable. They will all die.

I used to build hog barns and one of the farmers we built barns for also had a few thousand chickens. A guy on our crew raised turkeys for Jennie-O and he couldn't even go on the farm where the chickens were because the risk of contamination was too high.

These guys were both professional poultry farmers who both had a few thousand birds each, so they weren't some small time yokels who didn't keep a clean operation. Even with current vaccinations and clean conditions, neither one could step foot on the other's property because the risk of cross contamination was too high.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    That's a strict no-no. Cross species contamination is inevitable. They will all die.

I used to build hog barns and one of the farmers we built barns for also had a few thousand chickens. A guy on our crew raised turkeys for Jennie-O and he couldn't even go on the farm where the chickens were because the risk of contamination was too high.

These guys were both professional poultry farmers who both had a few thousand birds each, so they weren't some small time yokels who didn't keep a clean operation. Even with current vaccinations and clean conditions, neither one could step foot on the other's property because the risk of cross contamination was too high.
    I would not have thought that.

TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post

Good to know!

That's a prime example of the value of authentic experience. The two hatchery websites I went to talked about just giving them vaccinations and all should go well. Of course they're trying to sell inventory of each etc...

Worst case scenario I was thinking I'd get an order of 25 chicks next spring... 6 barred rock egg layers and 19 Cornish Cross meat birds that mature for harvest in 60 days.
    6'4"

iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

and believe me when I say, plenty of that will be made!

In other news, I got a new hunting compass today. I think I may need a video on how to use this thing

I cant wait to put it to good use.

Last edited by iccyman001; 06-05-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    ★cVc★

After 4 days watching my daughter and then 4 nights building the chicken pen, I've done a couple thousand deep knee bends. My knees are creaky as hell today!

In other news I saw a large deer last night... Walked right past my mailbox and the box just vanished behind it's shoulder. Went out to measure my mail box... 49 inches.

That's a monster!
    6'4"

How much corn did you put in your mailbox?
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Been seeing some monster does out in the timber at the stables while I'm out spreading manure. It will be a good bow season.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

LOL...

The deer actually looked both ways before crossing the road, like a little kid. Then followed the main game trail down into my woods. I didn't want to follow and risk spooking. Especially since I'll be down in there a bunch next week spreading human scent etc...

My guess, since it was alone is that it's a buck, possibly sausages or his son, that just hasn't develop horns yet.
    6'4"

Originally Posted by iccyman001 View Post
    and believe me when I say, plenty of that will be made!

In other news, I got a new hunting compass today. I think I may need a video on how to use this thing

I cant wait to put it to good use.

I shit you not, if you can't use a compass I will come down there and drop kick yer fukn ass right off the planet. NO EXCUSE for a soldier to not know how to use one.

I loled IRL.

I shit you not, if you can't use a compass I will come down there and drop kick yer fukn ass right off the planet. NO EXCUSE for a soldier to not know how to use one.

lol I can use it, I was taught when I was 6 by my grandfather.

This thing is great, it's radioactive so it's always glowing
    ★cVc★