Page 14 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Rip Seafoam shirt of peace

ye will be missed
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finally hauled the hot rod (at least the biggest pieces of it) home today. Need to buy some tools, but I'm totally ready to get working on it again!!!
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Damn it!

The blower on my furnace won't stop running... I changed the filter on Friday... I wonder if I kicked loose some dust that screwed up the fan switch.

The fuel oil heat will run, you just smell the burn... So I'm just turning on and off the master switch as the house needs it.

Luckily there is a warm spell on here... But there's another $1-200 out the door I bet.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post

ye will be missed
    Yeah it took me almost a whole calendar year since "The Incident" where I found it... But it is no longer in my closet!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Took the gf shooting with some guys from work today. I haven't fired a weapon in 13 years, and it was her first time shooting. She did amazing. Putting almost every shot on paper. Unfortunately, she wants a Glock, now.........

in omnia paratus

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Well not a good day on the water Saturday. Hooked one good fish that broke off and only landed a sting ray in the boat. Had to cut the day short as my buddy got soaked from a few waves breaking over the boat and was freezing his ass off. Was only about about 2 hours. Wet, rain, overcast, cold, windy..... I still had fun lol
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Well so much for my kicked back weekend...

Furnace blower switch went out... Took me forever (And 200 trips up and down the steps) to diagnose what it was and how to jerry rig it so I could still heat the house.

Luckily it's a November Heat wave up here and the house is all winterized... So the 10 hours yesterday that the furnace was shut down didn't hurt me one bit!

If that would have happened at -20 in January I would have been in serious trouble!

I guess I do have electric fireplaces in three rooms, but that's a crappy way to heat a 2400 square foot house!

It's kind of funny though... I made so many trips up and down the steps yesterday that I'm actually a little sore in my quads!
    6'4"

Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Took the gf shooting with some guys from work today. I haven't fired a weapon in 13 years, and it was her first time shooting. She did amazing. Putting almost every shot on paper. Unfortunately, she wants a Glock, now.........
    My buddy and I are going to use some bird shot to take down 3 wasp nests near the house this coming weekend... Should be interesting!
    6'4"

X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    My buddy and I are going to use some bird shot to take down 3 wasp nests near the house this coming weekend... Should be interesting!
    Lol.... Did that here on the river a while back. Over here they got these brown hornets with yellow faces that get an inch and a half long. A beach ball sized nest is too hard to pass up in a pomegranate tree. Our demo guy was gonna blast it with det cord wrapped around a full Dr. Pepper can but the Lt. said no. We then shot pen flares at it to piss em' off and then shredded it with a red star cluster. Good times were had by many.
    Sheepdog#47
    ★cVc★
    Panama
    OIFx3
    OEF

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by X-ring View Post
    Lol.... Did that here on the river a while back. Over here they got these brown hornets with yellow faces that get an inch and a half long. A beach ball sized nest is too hard to pass up in a pomegranate tree. Our demo guy was gonna blast it with det cord wrapped around a full Dr. Pepper can but the Lt. said no. We then shot pen flares at it to piss em' off and then shredded it with a red star cluster. Good times were had by many.
    Kill em all!!!
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

Nice... So the Furnace repair only cost me $90 and in the process I learned a whole bunch about how this type of furnace works... To the point where the automated systems could go down and I could still operate the furnace manually!
    6'4"

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For Nainoa

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Pic to username relevance 10/10
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

For Nainoa
    NICE!

Good work...

What did he weight in at?
    6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well so much for my kicked back weekend...

Furnace blower switch went out... Took me forever (And 200 trips up and down the steps) to diagnose what it was and how to jerry rig it so I could still heat the house.

Luckily it's a November Heat wave up here and the house is all winterized... So the 10 hours yesterday that the furnace was shut down didn't hurt me one bit!

If that would have happened at -20 in January I would have been in serious trouble!

I guess I do have electric fireplaces in three rooms, but that's a crappy way to heat a 2400 square foot house!

It's kind of funny though... I made so many trips up and down the steps yesterday that I'm actually a little sore in my quads!
    Time for a woodstove, I haven't used the heat here in 5 years.

Here's what happens to trespassers in Pa. They get shot down.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...983451.html?dr

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    Time for a woodstove, I haven't used the heat here in 5 years.

Here's what happens to trespassers in Pa. They get shot down.
    Yeah I've got a wood stove sitting in the barn right now...

I'd prefer wood heat for cost, especially since I've got 8 acres of mature trees.

The people who built the house back in the 90's used wood heat... But the way they built the chimney I'd have to put the wood stove in what is now my down stairs living room. (For them it was just the wood room with a big walk out door etc... )

If I ever come into a spare 10 grand when this furnace is coming to the end of it's life I'm going to put in an outdoor wood boiler... There's even a wood boiler installer/service tech right up the road from me!
    6'4"

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats 44. Story?
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

ye will be missed
    Yeah my wife put it on for the first time last night and she commented how she vaguely remembered buying it for me last year.

It was hard for me to not tell her how for me it's like a story I'll never forget!
    6'4"

NICE!

Good work...

What did he weight in at?
    Dont have a check station in town anymore so I had to do it online. Probably 120 gutted.

Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Congrats 44. Story?
    Not much of a story but Im still happy with him.

Got to the woods late, with about an hour and a half til dark. Sat down, started unpacking when a doe started feeding into the field. Not 10 mins later I see her spook and this guy came out of the tree line headed right for her. I just got lucky and intercepted him!

So yesterday I was chatting with the furnace guy about animals and I mentioned the possum... He said that growing up around here he never saw a possum until the last 7-8 years... With the warm winters we were having each spring the number was getting higher and higher... Said he was a little afraid possums were going to take over. (Which all I need up here is a possum apocalypse!) But then a couple of winters back were really harsh and all of a sudden you didn't see any possums.

So it sounds like only the ones with the best dens are making it through the harshest winters.

It looks like that last one I saw ate half a bag of cat poop (Which is a lot of cat poop) and then got hit on the road.

Because we all know Cat Poop is the Jager of Possums.
    6'4"

Dont have a check station in town anymore so I had to do it online. Probably 120 gutted.

Not much of a story but Im still happy with him.

Got to the woods late, with about an hour and a half til dark. Sat down, started unpacking when a doe started feeding into the field. Not 10 mins later I see her spook and this guy came out of the tree line headed right for her. I just got lucky and intercepted him!
    See we need to work on your story telling... You've got a little girl on the way soon and she's going to need bedtime stories, and if you just read her Cinderlla and Barbie stories, she'll want to grow up and be Cinderlla and Barbie.

You just have to try to tweak up the real life details... Something like.

I got to the woods late, and had to hope that the long shadows and slow moving fog would give me cover enough to get to my stand. I crept out to my stand with ninja like grace, my silent foot steps falling on deaf possum ears. It was a real risk to leave my wife at home, force to choose between her swollen belly and an empty stomach I knew I had to provide.

In the distance my keen eyes made out the shadowy form of a doe... A Deer... A Female deer... Not my quarry this day, but a good sign that I was in the right place. Suddenly another form broke through the shadowy fringe of trees. A Buck! I was astonished by the size of majestic rack the smooth lines of his flanks and the artistic grace with which he took every purposeful step.

My heart pounded in my ears like Indian War Drums. I kissed my mummified gallbladder I wear on a necklace, for luck and took aim. I channeled the spirit of the original deer hunter Michael Vronsky and through pursed lips whispered his mantra... One shot... One Kill.

I took a long exhale and squeezed the trigger, the shot rang out across the field with thunder as birds took flight in startled fear. There in the distance the buck took one big leap, then fell to the ground spraying a fountain of blood that painted the field pink in the waning sun. I waited many minutes to give him the peace of dieing with his eyes filled only with the vision of great wild in which he had lived all his life.

Then I ran down, cut open his guts, put his gall bladder in a zipbag full of salt, used his blood as war paint and called out to the skies thanking Wakan Tanka for my bounty this day.
    6'4"

I would think most people would seriously re-evaluate their life when they are still pouring out the sides of their XX wide chairs specially ordered for them by the company, but evidently not here. The fact that there's enough need to manufacture said chairs with a rated capacity of over 500 pounds says a lot.............

in omnia paratus

powerlifter with abs jimmybimmy's Avatar
    jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would think most people would seriously re-evaluate their life when they are still pouring out the sides of their XX wide chairs specially ordered for them by the company, but evidently not here. The fact that there's enough need to manufacture said chairs with a rated capacity of over 500 pounds says a lot.............
    Please tell me that they are National Champion Lumberjacks or something right?

Okay... I think I am officially done "Running Errands" with my wife until the baby is born.

She gets uncomfortable/tired/low blood sugar and then it's like I'm standing in the middle of a petting zoo run by Adolf Hitler!
    6'4"

Depends... I've been at 260 for a long time now... And I've had 5 chairs with a 300 pound weight rating give out on me. Sure the metal struts on the chairs hold fine, but inside of a year the plastic joints eventually fail.

Right now the chair I have that I like the most and has lasted the longest has a 500 pound rating because it has all metal joints.

In fact the fabric on it failed so I rebuilt it with over lapping and woven layers of black duct tape!
    6'4"

See we need to work on your story telling... You've got a little girl on the way soon and she's going to need bedtime stories, and if you just read her Cinderlla and Barbie stories, she'll want to grow up and be Cinderlla and Barbie.

You just have to try to tweak up the real life details... Something like.

I got to the woods late, and had to hope that the long shadows and slow moving fog would give me cover enough to get to my stand. I crept out to my stand with ninja like grace, my silent foot steps falling on deaf possum ears. It was a real risk to leave my wife at home, force to choose between her swollen belly and an empty stomach I knew I had to provide.

In the distance my keen eyes made out the shadowy form of a doe... A Deer... A Female deer... Not my quarry this day, but a good sign that I was in the right place. Suddenly another form broke through the shadowy fringe of trees. A Buck! I was astonished by the size of majestic rack the smooth lines of his flanks and the artistic grace with which he took every purposeful step.

My heart pounded in my ears like Indian War Drums. I kissed my mummified gallbladder I wear on a necklace, for luck and took aim. I channeled the spirit of the original deer hunter Michael Vronsky and through pursed lips whispered his mantra... One shot... One Kill.

I took a long exhale and squeezed the trigger, the shot rang out across the field with thunder as birds took flight in startled fear. There in the distance the buck took one big leap, then fell to the ground spraying a fountain of blood that painted the field pink in the waning sun. I waited many minutes to give him the peace of dieing with his eyes filled only with the vision of great wild in which he had lived all his life.

Then I ran down, cut open his guts, put his gall bladder in a zipbag full of salt, used his blood as war paint and called out to the skies thanking Wakan Tanka for my bounty this day.
    He's from Oklahomo. The story would be more like, "So when I got dat 'dere deer spotlighted, I rolled down the window of the truck and BAM!"

And that's how 44's first trip to the zoo with his daughter goes........
    Last edited by Hartski; 11-20-2012 at 11:48 AM.

in omnia paratus

Depends... I've been at 260 for a long time now... And I've had 5 chairs with a 300 pound weight rating give out on me. Sure the metal struts on the chairs hold fine, but inside of a year the plastic joints eventually fail.

Right now the chair I have that I like the most and has lasted the longest has a 500 pound rating because it has all metal joints.

In fact the fabric on it failed so I rebuilt it with over lapping and woven layers of black duct tape!
    I'm talking about women under 5'5" and most likely exceed the 500 pound load rating of the chairs.....

in omnia paratus

He's from Oklahomo. The story would be more like, "So when I got dat 'dere deer spotlighted, I rolled down the window of the truck and BAM!"

And that's how 44's first trip to the zoo with his daughter goes........
    Oh no... I can tell you right now as a soon to be father of a little girl, and I think everyone with a little girl on the way would agree with me here, when I say the first trip to the zoo I'm going to HAND CATCH every animal just so my daughter can see how Alpha I am.

They say that early on girls choose to date boys who remind them of their father... So I need to set the bar high so that the only boy she dates can hand catch a Bengal Tiger!

6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah I've got a wood stove sitting in the barn right now...

I'd prefer wood heat for cost, especially since I've got 8 acres of mature trees.

The people who built the house back in the 90's used wood heat... But the way they built the chimney I'd have to put the wood stove in what is now my down stairs living room. (For them it was just the wood room with a big walk out door etc... )

If I ever come into a spare 10 grand when this furnace is coming to the end of it's life I'm going to put in an outdoor wood boiler... There's even a wood boiler installer/service tech right up the road from me!
    I'd be using that, no way in bloody hell I'd be paying for oil heat, just ain't gonna happen. How often do you fill that tank?

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    I'd be using that, no way in bloody hell I'd be paying for oil heat, just ain't gonna happen. How often do you fill that tank?
    Well you have to keep in mind with ANY indoor wood heat comes a 30-37% increase in home owners insurance!

The Fuel oil is only a back up...

We have an off peak heating program here, we get a cut rate discount on electric and a tax reduction...

We have a plenum with an electric heating coil and then the fuel oil system... A programmed regulator reads the electric useage in the area, if the useage is low the system behaves normally and all our electic use is at a discount. If the system useage is high, and our thermostat kicks in, then the system draws from the Fuel oil tank.

The only time it really ever draws from the Fuel oil tank is around 5:30-6-ish when everyone is getting home from work and making supper.

The previous owner went through 225 gallons of fuel oil every 3 years...

But by having that system and program worked out with the power company (Which is a country co-op that taps the two hydro-electric water-falls near my house and not a mega-corp power company) I basically get all my electric at something like 40% off of regular price.

If I put a wood system in, then all that goes away and I pay more on my home owners insurance.

Right now I pay the same for this 2400 square foot house as I did to heat the old 890 square foot house.

If there was a red herring in all of this that was bending me over price wise, I'd love to use it as an excuse to go to wood.

As it stands... And I don't want to sound morbid here... But my wife and I have 3 parents, all of which have had doctors prognosticate are in the final 5 years of their lives. So at some point there is going to be an inheritance situation at the same time the furnace is close to replacing... And I'll lobby the wife to go to an outdoor wood boiler.

An Outdoor wood boiler does NOT raise your insurance, because it's outdoor wood heat.

Basically it's a super insulated shack 12 feet from the house with a high efficiency wood stove inside it... The firebox is surrounded by a jacket of water. The fire heats up the water, which runs through insulated pipes under the ground and under the floor of the house and/or into the blower assembly of the old furnace to blow hot air into the vents.

You have to load it up twice per day (Every 12 hours) and in a typical MN winter they say you should expect to go through 6-7 cords of wood.

I own 10 acres of mature forest... Between the pines and the oaks I probably have 10 cords of standing dead or recent dead fall just doing me no good. It's tempting to get into the fire wood business as is!
    6'4"