Page 131 of 183 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 5464
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by iccyman001 View Post
    Hope everyone is doing well.

I am still living it up over here in this undisclosed location.
    Well your IP address says that you're at Honkin' Hooters strip club in Fort Lee New Jersey!

6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your FIL nainoa. It will suck not havig the cooperation of your wife's sister/brother.

Thanks for the vids HS. What kind of ducks did you get? Pintails in that 2nd vid??? We don't get many here.
    Thanks

Eventually the rest of the in-laws came around and they showed up and started putting their backs into it.

Of course we all caught the baby's stomach flu... So it's been double interesting.

Now of course the disadvantage is I have a house full of house guests who all have their own strange tinfoil hats that they just HAVE to keep me updated on.

The funeral is tomorrow... So hopefully soon we'll be able to get back to a regular schedule after this.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Am I the only one that wants to turn that damned groundhog's head into a cloud of pink mist?
    Not as much as those of us who live this close to him. I could lob 155 rounds up there and wipe them all out.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Thanks for the vids HS. What kind of ducks did you get? Pintails in that 2nd vid??? We don't get many here.
    TONS of Pintail on Sunday, yeah. We also shot Readheads, Teal, and a Gadwall on Sunday. Few weeks ago we loaded up on Widgeon, my favorite bird... that was an awesome trip I love Widgeon.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    -17 degrees this morning and they are calling for another snowstorm tomorrow. Seriously starting to go batty with this stupid winter......
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got hooked watching "The Legend of Mick Dodge" over the weekend. Good stuff.

in omnia paratus

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Hey, 'Noa. Do you have any experince with brussel sprouts? Do you start them early or direct sow? How many sprouts do you generally get per plant?
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    -17 degrees this morning and they are calling for another snowstorm tomorrow. Seriously starting to go batty with this stupid winter......
    This weather's a fukn pain in my ass. I can't wait for spring.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    Hey, 'Noa. Do you have any experince with brussel sprouts? Do you start them early or direct sow? How many sprouts do you generally get per plant?
    Brussel sprouts can handle the cold so you can sow them if you like. They will tolerate a light frost, but not a heavy frost.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    They're Brassicas, which is the same family as cabbage. They are more delicate so they can't handle the nosedive temps below 32.

It's better to start them indoors around April 1st. The roots do a PISS POOR job of handling transplanting so it's best to plant them directly into 3 or 4 inch peat pots after they germinate. Then transplant them outside a little bit sooner than the tomatoes. If temps are going to go below 32 I would still cover them.

When they are mature they do handle frost just as well as cabbage, it's just that first month in the garden soil that you have to baby them.

For MN they are an ideal candidate for planting into cold frames made from old windows around Walleye opener. Then you can just close the frame at night... Open when you leave for work in the morning... By Memorial weekend you can just pull the frames altogether.

The real problem with sprouts it getting the harvesting procedure right so that you're picking the bottom in such a way that the top is continuing to sucker out and make new sprouts.

I honestly screwed this up the two times I tried and just gave up... So you're probably better off googling up more info on harvesting and promoting the sprouts.
    6'4"

Just 30 more hours to go before my Tin Foil hat wearing Brother in Law goes back home.

I've never met someone so incapable of making Man-Small-Talk...

It's all stuff like this:

Me: So do you ever get out and do any golfing... I know there's some real premiere courses out where you live?
    Him: No... I'm not into golf, there are too many ways for the Free Mason's to monitor your movements on a golf course.

Me: What did you think of the Super Bowl? Bronco's really crapped down their leg eh!
    Him: I don't watch the Super Bowl due to all the hypnotic suggestions laced into the commercials.

Me: Ever do any fishing... I'd love to get out that way and wet a line.
    Him: I would never... Maybe you don't realize it, but the license fee you pay goes to a secret slush fund in the shadow government that promotes Global Warming.

Finally I discovered that he likes Doctor Who... So I put on some DVR's episodes and went down stairs.
    6'4"

Time to go do the taxes tonight...........I'm afraid.......

in omnia paratus

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    winter is so odd here...a couple days ago we were in the 20s, today we are sitting just over 80 degrees and my car is covered in pollen

the struggle
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Time to go do the taxes tonight...........I'm afraid.......
    Yeah originally I was supposed to do my taxes tomorrow... But with all the time I've lost in the last 2 weeks, while at the same time ALL the opportunities and pitches I put out there are bearing fruit... I literally have more work/writing/ads to sell than I have waking hours in the day to do them in.

I figured it out in my head when I went to bed at 1 am last night... If I just don't sleep 3 nights out of the next 7 I can get caught up enough that I'll only have to work 12 hours a day, every day for the rest of the month of February!
    6'4"

I had to break down and buy some Bhut Jolokia seeds today. The ones from last year's peppers just aren't germinating. Argh

in omnia paratus

I had to break down and buy some Bhut Jolokia seeds today. The ones from last year's peppers just aren't germinating. Argh
    Well, they can take up to 4 weeks... In fact my old Aji Dulce seeds had a second burst and I had a few more come up!
    6'4"

So today I borrowed the truck to my wife and brother in law, so they could go get some of the bulky stuff from Father in law's old house.

The only stipulations were:
    1. Bring back the air compressor, because now I have 25 different tires I need to keep inflated.
    2. Take the truck in for the oil change it needs.
    3. Don't bring it back to me with an empty tank.
    4. Do a good job strapping everything down.

He seemed to understand 1-3... Which was great that in now way did he believe the Free Masons or Illuminati had special interest in thwarting him in these endeavors.

Somehow #4 didn't sink in... He kept saying "Don't worry, we'll find some cheap rope, I'm sure it will do the job!"

Me: No... Really... There are ratchet straps and heavy duty bungee cords in the tool box... Use those.

Him: No really, I googled up some really interesting knots on the internet

Me: No really... I'd prefer you use quality straps and sound techniques to secure everything.

Him: Trust me... These knots look really strong!

You know I don't care how smart the internet makes you feel... If you don't have authentic experience at something... Ask for help. If I borrow you something like my truck... Which is basically my prized possession... You treat it exactly like I say.

Not trusting him and his tinfoil hat logic, I texted my buddy who went over there right after work and he's loading and strapping everything down the way he knows I like it done.

So let's see what kind of bellyaching non-sense I get when they show up later!
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    So today I borrowed the truck to my wife and brother in law, so they could go get some of the bulky stuff from Father in law's old house.
    If I borrow you something like my truck... Which is basically my prized possession... You treat it exactly like I say.
    Is that some kind of colloquialism?
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    I would have gone instead of my wife but I was afraid I'd be unable to resist the temptation to drown him in the river or lock him in the garage.

I needed a couple hours of the kind of peace you can only find with a screaming baby who's had her entire routine destroyed for 10+ days straight.

Getting my daughter in line is easier than getting him in line that's for sure!

I have been all over this continent, meeting people from every race, creed and class... And I've had a great time and a big belly laugh with pretty much all of them.

I can honestly say my Brother in law is the worst conversationalist I've ever met.
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would have gone instead of my wife but I was afraid I'd be unable to resist the temptation to drown him in the river or lock him in the garage.

I needed a couple hours of the kind of peace you can only find with a screaming baby who's had her entire routine destroyed for 10+ days straight.

Getting my daughter in line is easier than getting him in line that's for sure!

I have been all over this continent, meeting people from every race, creed and class... And I've had a great time and a big belly laugh with pretty much all of them.

I can honestly say my Brother in law is the worst conversationalist I've ever met.
    What I meant was that I'm accustomed to seeing it said " I lent the truck to my wife and brother in law" instead of "I borrowed the truck to my wife and brother in law".

Not sure if it's a regional figure of speech though, eh?
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

What I meant was that I'm accustomed to seeing it said " I lent the truck to my wife and brother in law" instead of "I borrowed the truck to my wife and brother in law".

Not sure if it's a regional figure of speech though, eh?
    Oh I see what you mean... Yeah it must be a figure of speech up here... Like I think of the word "Lent" as either a religious thing... Or I'm lending this to you in lieu of payment.

On a completely unrelated note I've been watching this documentary series on Stephen Hawking... Everyone is talking about his scientific theories and his challenges dealing with ALS.

They keep showing these videos of his life over the last 10-15-20 years... And in all of them he's got a personal nurse/attendant with a giant soft bouncy rack wearing a low cut shirt... And you keep hearing his computer make the beep thing that means "Please wipe my chin." So she'll lean over and give a quick dab, while he "Pretends" to be staring intently at his computer screen!
    6'4"

You know I run into the strangest problems...

I spent this past fall scrabbling for contracts. Now that I've got my name and work out there for people to see (All with 5 star ratings) I have more writing job offers coming to me than I can handle. They just keep pouring in unsolicited!

I'm literally booked until April!

It's almost turning into a bad thing.
    6'4"

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    winter is so odd here...a couple days ago we were in the 20s, today we are sitting just over 80 degrees and my car is covered in pollen

the struggle
    Urge to kill rising.

They all talk funny up there.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You know I run into the strangest problems...

I spent this past fall scrabbling for contracts. Now that I've got my name and work out there for people to see (All with 5 star ratings) I have more writing job offers coming to me than I can handle. They just keep pouring in unsolicited!

I'm literally booked until April!

It's almost turning into a bad thing.
    Easy solution, up your rate until the offer speed matches your production.

Uggh, almost 1/2 an inch of ice everywhere and transformers are blowing dafuq up all around me, just switched to generator power. As long as the internet wires don't blow up I'm good.

This f-ing winter is going to sent me to the padded room. 6-ish inches of snow last night, and it's blowing all over the place as the temps are dropping. Supossed to hit -17° tonight with the wind chill being pretty awful.

in omnia paratus

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    Urge to kill rising.

They all talk funny up there.
    agreed on both.

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    agreed on both.
    cold front rolling in today we will be stuck in the mid 70s
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    cold front rolling in today we will be stuck in the mid 70s
    I think greenfeather has something in his armory that can accurately plink you from Delaware.

This f-ing winter is going to sent me to the padded room. 6-ish inches of snow last night, and it's blowing all over the place as the temps are dropping. Supossed to hit -17° tonight with the wind chill being pretty awful.
    I've learned over the years that you can't let the winter get to you during this time of year. It's still too early.

Now last year when it was early April and you would normally already be outside barefoot and we were getting 8 inches of snow every 3 days and windchills of -10... Now that was a time worth flipping out over.

It could always be worse, you could end up trapped in the house for two days with your tin foil hat wearing Brother in law who's only conversational skill is forcing his theories on you.

Just 2 more hours and he gone!
    6'4"

Nah, I wouldn't be trapped with a dumbass in my house. I kicked a friend out when he wouldn't shut up before.

in omnia paratus