Page 106 of 183 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 5464
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Well, the cook off at work is Thursday, so i don't think I'll be freezing it. Do I need to peel the tomatoes? If so, that will suck.......
    No... Just a good wash.

I mean there will be little curled up ribbons of skin in the final product, but no one will notice and they actually add a little extra fiber and prostate cancer fighting lycopene!

When it comes time to actually cook... A nice way to punch up the flavor is to sear some tomato (Paste or chunks) in the same pan with the beef. Then give it a couple hits of a red wine like Shiraz or Pinot Noir.

The sear will add Maillard flavors to the final sauce... And the alcohol in the wine will release additional alcohol soluble flavor compounds into the sauce before it burns off.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Good News!

My wife was offered a new job.

Slightly better money, which is always nice etc...

The added advantage is that the way her schedule works she will have one 3 day weekend per month.

So I'll actually have the free time to go do manly stuff.

Everything kicks into focus in a way that doesn't mess with Deer Opener and then I should have my first free man weekend right around ice up!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    LOL... You mean like my communications degree?

Sounds like my history dissertation, UTTERLY WORTHLESS unless I wanted to tech.

So, yesterday the walk behind decided I needed to be smashed against the garage, then dragged. A hairline fracture of the tibia is the result as well as road rashed ass, burned ham and a lovely hematoma.FML

iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hope you're at least getting a useful degree, iccy. If you say Liberal Arts, you're dead to me.....
    BA in Occupational Safety and Health.

One of the positions I held in the military so far was a QA inspector(Quality Assurance). I was basically the OSHA inspector of the maintainers on all of the aircraft. So with that in my pocket, plus this degree, I can am looking at a wide variety of OSHA/DOD safety jobs. I should have this degree wrapped up within a year. Then I will start on my masters. I will either continue it with a masters in safety alone or there is one that is safety with a focus of environmental. Now I am just opening up a whole new doorway. These aren't anything I will be able to use right away (I still have 13 more years before I can drop papers, even though I will probably do 25 years total active duty), but I am just trying to build a safety net if anything were to ever happen and put together a strong resume for when I retire and want to pick up my next career.

am I dead to you....
    ★cVc★

"Hes the reason for the tear drops on my barbell" -jordansrt

Originally Posted by iccyman001 View Post

One of the positions I held in the military so far was a QA inspector(Quality Assurance). I was basically the OSHA inspector of the maintainers on all of the aircraft. So with that in my pocket, plus this degree, I can am looking at a wide variety of OSHA/DOD safety jobs. I should have this degree wrapped up within a year. Then I will start on my masters. I will either continue it with a masters in safety alone or there is one that is safety with a focus of environmental. Now I am just opening up a whole new doorway. These aren't anything I will be able to use right away (I still have 13 more years before I can drop papers, even though I will probably do 25 years total active duty), but I am just trying to build a safety net if anything were to ever happen and put together a strong resume for when I retire and want to pick up my next career.

am I dead to you....
    Me and OSHA have a history similar to Marty McFly and Biff Tannen!
    6'4"

iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Me and OSHA have a history similar to Marty McFly and Biff Tannen!
    Uh oh.... have a few run ins?

Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Here is a vid someone at the Lake recently took w/ some kind of model helicopter. Pretty cool and in the same general area I fish.

haha that is actually a really cool video.
    ★cVc★

Uh oh.... have a few run ins?

haha that is actually a really cool video.
    LOL...

Every time I worked in a job where an OSHA inspection was possible... They always hit us up for a surprise inspection RIGHT when I was doing something dumb.

Which lead to me doing things like hiding in pallet racking or secretly punching out and pulling a shirt over my work shirt to look like a customer.

It's like 99% of the time I'm totally compliant... 1% comes and they'd walk through the F-ing door.

Never actually got written up... I did a lot of Marty McFly "What the hell is that!" point and run!
    6'4"

LOL...

Every time I worked in a job where an OSHA inspection was possible... They always hit us up for a surprise inspection RIGHT when I was doing something dumb.

Which lead to me doing things like hiding in pallet racking or secretly punching out and pulling a shirt over my work shirt to look like a customer.

It's like 99% of the time I'm totally compliant... 1% comes and they'd walk through the F-ing door.

Never actually got written up... I did a lot of Marty McFly "What the hell is that!" point and run!
    haha I know the feeling. When I was inspecting, it always seemed to be the same way. I would walk up and they would just do the one dumb thing they were not suppose to do. At least you were never written up!!!

My first pin is sighted in today at 20!!!! I put about 25 arrows through and it's shooting like a dream! Tomorrow I will get the 30 in
    ★cVc★

fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    haha I know the feeling. When I was inspecting, it always seemed to be the same way. I would walk up and they would just do the one dumb thing they were not suppose to do. At least you were never written up!!!

My first pin is sighted in today at 20!!!! I put about 25 arrows through and it's shooting like a dream! Tomorrow I will get the 30 in
    right on dude

Originally Posted by fishnbrah View Post
    right on dude
    I need to find a tree in this dang state so I can set up my tree stand and practice from it.
    Do you just shoot from the ground or tree stands as well?
    ★cVc★

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

am I dead to you....
    Well, while I may not see eye to eye with OSHA on everything, that is a useful degree.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I need to find a tree in this dang state so I can set up my tree stand and practice from it.
    Do you just shoot from the ground or tree stands as well?
    people do it here, but i never have. tree stand is way better than a ground blind. not a lot of trees where i archery deer hunt either.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    Sounds like my history dissertation, UTTERLY WORTHLESS unless I wanted to tech.

So, yesterday the walk behind decided I needed to be smashed against the garage, then dragged. A hairline fracture of the tibia is the result as well as road rashed ass, burned ham and a lovely hematoma.FML
    Damn, that sucks! One of the weanling foals at the stables did that to the gf the other day, but luckily she only got a few bumps and bruises and a bit of rope burn. I gotta teach her to let go of the lead rope.

in omnia paratus

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Damn, that sucks! One of the weanling foals at the stables did that to the gf the other day, but luckily she only got a few bumps and bruises and a bit of rope burn. I gotta teach her to let go of the lead rope.
    When M abd I started dating she was working on a horse farm. So I'm on leave and head up to the farm she worked on only to find my little girl beating the ever loving shit out of a 1500 lb stallion with a pitchfork. When I asked her WTF happened she whips out her right tit and says LOOK AT THIS!! He'd bitten the hell out of her and she was already purple. Women and horses are a bad combo. M got dragged too, tore her ACL and meniscus.

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ouch, horse bites hurt like hell.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Picture of Dad and the sunrise last week during our fishing trip.

My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

That's a good pic, Storm. And yeah, horse bites hurt like hell. But nor as bad as a kick. I got both back hoves of our yearling right accross my thighs when I was 12 or so.

On a different note, I'm gonna have to make people sign waivers to eat this chili I'm making for the work cook-off. So far I have a ghost, a Scorpion, and a Carolina Reaper in it.

in omnia paratus

That's a good pic, Storm. And yeah, horse bites hurt like hell. But nor as bad as a kick. I got both back hoves of our yearling right accross my thighs when I was 12 or so.

On a different note, I'm gonna have to make people sign waivers to eat this chili I'm making for the work cook-off. So far I have a ghost, a Scorpion, and a Carolina Reaper in it.
    Try having an 8 month old baby drill you in the nuts with "Magic Phone" while you're filming family videos!
    6'4"

No thanks, Nainoa. I like having money and sleep. Other people can have kids. We'll just get new puppies every few years.

in omnia paratus

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    going up just north of Hellen, GA this weekend to do some camping/ hiking
    Will be going to Hellen during one of the days to check out the Octoberfest there...the town is build like an old German village...should be a pretty cool
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

No thanks, Nainoa. I like having money and sleep. Other people can have kids. We'll just get new puppies every few years.
    Meh... All the effort, time and money stuff seems like a lot until you actually experience it... My daughter is the number 1 joy and entertainment in my life.

It's the closest you can get to getting to be a kid again.

Not to mention sharing all the joys and firsts.

Right now Eva is frustrated with crawling (Wife and I probably pushed too hard) And she's trying to skip crawling straight to walking. We have a lot of vertical toys and jumpers that she's been using for a long time.

So I've been working on assisted walking with her using a baby walker/cart thing. (Like a baby version of what old people use)

For the last week I was bending her knees and moving her legs forward while she held onto the cart.

Today she took her first step without me even touching her leg and seeing her beam with pride made my day!
    6'4"

Chili is turning out awesome. It's got a hell of a burn that doesn't set in for about 5 seconds.

And my tech brought me in a bag of venison jerky he made yesterday. Some seriously good stuff.

in omnia paratus

Chili is turning out awesome. It's got a hell of a burn that doesn't set in for about 5 seconds.

And my tech brought me in a bag of venison jerky he made yesterday. Some seriously good stuff.
    The problem with good jerky is that it always runs out. Then you've got this nasty jerking jones, so you buy some off the shelf jerky to scratch the itch and it's like eating salted dry dog crap compared to what you just had.

In a way Jerky is like getting all tweaked up on caffeine. You go up... Then you crash hard!
    6'4"

Well, I was given a Brinkman charcoal smoker the other day, so I'm ready to go get some steak and make some of my own jerky! (As soon as I learn how to use the smoker.....)

in omnia paratus

Well, I was given a Brinkman charcoal smoker the other day, so I'm ready to go get some steak and make some of my own jerky! (As soon as I learn how to use the smoker.....)
    Using a real steak is a waste of money and poor use of a quality steak.

Go get a chuck roast and slice it thing with a sharp knife. If you find the right butcher chuck roast usually sells for the same price per pound as hamburger.

The thing that makes a steak so much more expensive in per pound price... A small amount of it is the additional labor, but mostly it's about the fact that in proportion it is more tender. And you're paying for that rare small amount of a large beast that is tender.

When you're making jerky the end result is the opposite of tender!

Use chuck roast sliced thin and spend the savings on something nice for your girl, so you can get a BJ while eating tasty jerky and cross one off your bucket list!

6'4"

^^Good to know!

in omnia paratus

^^Good to know!
    If you ever intend to get the casings, grind and stuff for sticks... Then I advocate grinding brisket and chuck 50/50.

If you choose to use garlic in the seasoning... You will want to go with Granulated or the kind of minced that is in a jar... OR bring fresh garlic up to 180 degrees and hold it there for 1 minute.

The reason for this is that between the paper and root of a garlic cluster there is a .001% chance of there being a botulism spore. Now normally when you eat a botulism spore the digestive acids in your stomach kill it before it can even come to life and infect you.

However in the jerky process with access to water and warmth the spore can come out of dormancy, multiply... And then unless you cook the jerky to 180 the "Colony" is now dormant.

It's a bunch of .001% chances mixed with .001% chances... But if you can avoid it as simply as using granulated or pasturized minced, you might as well!
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Since this is supposed to be a fishing thread, here's a 44"er that my brother got this year. Considering that I only made it out twice during the short sturgeon season, boating 4 fish isn't terrible.

Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    The sear will add Maillard flavors to the final sauce... And the alcohol in the wine will release additional alcohol soluble flavor compounds into the sauce before it burns off.
    Who wants their tomatoes to taste like duck? Not me.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    Since this is supposed to be a fishing thread, here's a 44"er that my brother got this year. Considering that I only made it out twice during the short sturgeon season, boating 4 fish isn't terrible.
    Pull that out of the St. Croix?

Ever done the excursion at Lake of the Woods?
    6'4"