Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome to the all the new guys!

Dinner : 542 Kcal ( protein 57,1 g - fat 23,7 g - carbs 21,2 g - Fibre 10 g) .

Thai Chicken Curry :

with 240 g Chicken Breast, Shiitake, Sugar Snaps, carrots, green pepper, Bamboo shots, Haricot verts, Shredded fresh ginger, fresh Coriander leaves (Chilantro), Jalapeno pepper, water chestnuts, Coriander seeds, Cummin, Curry, Seasalt and Coconut milk. + 1 slice of Wasa Sport+ Crisp bread.

chris7738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris7738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris7738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris7738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris7738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris7738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris7738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris7738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris7738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris7738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris7738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Progress - Weighed in at 166Lbs this morning (3lbs down) - hopefully these 6lbs+ will be gone at the end of the 12 weeks (more then do-able) then bulk time - Also Viking that looks delish!! I adore Thai cuisine - think I might copy you for tommorows IF Feed .

China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I'll go for it with you, why not. I've been wanting to cut just a bit.

VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chris7738 View Post
    Progress - Weighed in at 166Lbs this morning (3lbs down) - hopefully these 6lbs+ will be gone at the end of the 12 weeks (more then do-able) then bulk time - Also Viking that looks delish!! I adore Thai cuisine - think I might copy you for tommorows IF Feed .
    Good progress! I really like Thai Food too and this dish is easy to make. 240 g Chicken breast cut in pieces, 100 g coconut milk, 50 g shredded fresh ginger - plenty of Chilantro, Curry and the veggies you prefer. I usually make 4 times this serving size - eat 1 for dinner and freeze the 3 other portions in containers for microwave use - so I have an easy lunch/or dinner other days. Most people would probably serve it with some brown rice/or white basmati or jasmin rice.

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    OK, I'm really late to the game here, but I did start a slow cut 2 weeks ago, and dropped 3 pounds in that time. Basically, looking to go from 181 to 165 over these 3 months without sacrificing too much hard earned strength and mass, and then start a really clean bulk early spring.

Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by VikingFit View Post
    I posted a picture to get a bodyfat guestimate - before I will have a Dexa Scan wednesday - and I am glad I did - it seems I may overestimate how much bodyfat I need to loose.

Could you tell me what was your max weight and whats your weight now? How long it took you to tighten that skin?

I have lost 80 lbs so far in some months, and I am worried if I'll have loose skin once I lose the 50-55 lbs more I need to to be at round 10%bf hehe
    Our dreams are what we are inside... and when we close our eyes we see our future.

Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On the topic

Nov/3 - 237.5lb
    Nov/10 - 234.1
    Nov/17 - I will not be able to weight myself this day (I have to travel, I will be an uncle! Most take a flight to be there when shes born)
    Nov/24 -
    Dic/1 -
    Dic/8 -
    Dic/15 -
    Dic/22 -
    Dic/29 -
    Jan/5 -
    Our dreams are what we are inside... and when we close our eyes we see our future.

samsdamann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samsdamann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samsdamann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samsdamann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samsdamann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samsdamann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samsdamann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samsdamann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samsdamann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samsdamann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samsdamann has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im in

current 5'7 145lbs ~19%

hoping to be atleast 12% let me know what i should be expecting

Originally Posted by Aldoxisonfire View Post
    Could you tell me what was your max weight and whats your weight now? How long it took you to tighten that skin?

I have lost 80 lbs so far in some months, and I am worried if I'll have loose skin once I lose the 50-55 lbs more I need to to be at round 10%bf hehe
    307 pounds was my max weight in Dec. 2009 - and now I am down to about 190. I did have quite a bit of "overhang" and the loose skin almost formed a - muffin top when I was around 230 pounds. I was thinking that a tummy tuck was going to be needed. When I had lost about 100 pounds - I had some small loose skinfold - but I could still feel fat in the skin - and even though the skin tightened up it was loose and I could feel some "squishy fat" under the skin that moved and still feels loose. But now even the squishy fat is gone - and there is so little loose skin left that it is no longer a problem at all. I definitely do not need a tummy tuck as I thoght.

It seems it is hard to predict who is going to need/or want to have a tummy tuck. I have seen some men loose 40 pounds and have loose skin that they could choose to have removed. And I have seen some men loosing over 100 pounds and not needing it. I used to think that weight losses over 100 would require a tummy tuck - but people really have different skin and some of us seems to have skin that is able retract and tighten up.

I do think genetics play a part - or it could be that loosing weight at a slower pace of nearly 1 pound a week - and that weight training has minimized the loss of muscle (I am pretty sure I have even gained some muscle mass) that fills my skin out more. I have used a home-made herbal sugar salt scrub to exfoliate the skin on my abdomen, chest, arms and legs and used good moisturizers (Jergens skin firming body moisturizer, Dove pro-age nourishment body cream oil - these are not so expensive. I also used some facial moisturizers for my body skin (abdomen, upper arms, chest around my knees and even on my calves) - like Loreal Men Expert VitaLift 5 that is affordable - I do not believe in hyped up expensive moisturizers) it may have helped too?

Whether we are going to need a tummy tuck or not should not deter us from loosing the weight we need lose to become healthy. I do think some are hysterical and get tummy tucks that are not needed (I sometimes wonder why plastic surgeons even do them)?? But I have seen others who really need it after major weight losses - and they have hanging loose skin that is not just cosmetic surgery. And it is a major surgical procedure!! If some of you need it make sure you find a good plastic surgeon.

What do you BTW think of this 19 yo man - did he need it - or should he jsut have lost the last fat - waited and see if time and weight training could tighten up? Of course the decision is his ...

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by samsdamann View Post
    im in

current 5'7 145lbs ~19%

hoping to be atleast 12% let me know what i should be expecting
    Are you sure about the 19%? You are really light to have that kind of BF percentage. How did you test for it? Not picking at all. Just curious, and want you to have your numbers as accurate as possible. I'm 5'7", and 179 at 18% bf. Last time I got down to 155 I felt downright emaciated.

Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    307 pounds was my max weight in Dec. 2009 - and now I am down to about 190. I did have quite a bit of "overhang" and the loose skin almost formed a - muffin top when I was around 230 pounds. I was thinking that a tummy tuck was going to be needed. When I had lost about 100 pounds - I had some small loose skinfold - but I could still feel fat in the skin - and even though the skin tightened up it was loose and I could feel some "squishy fat" under the skin that moved and still feels loose. But now even the squishy fat is gone - and there is so little loose skin left that it is no longer a problem at all. I definitely do not need a tummy tuck as I thoght.

It seems it is hard to predict who is going to need/or want to have a tummy tuck. I have seen some men loose 40 pounds and have loose skin that they could choose to have removed. And I have seen some men loosing over 100 pounds and not needing it. I used to think that weight losses over 100 would require a tummy tuck - but people really have different skin and some of us seems to have skin that is able retract and tighten up.
    Thanks for sharing that. I am not in on this little group, so sorry to all of you. I wanted to say thanks because I late last week I was starting to think my only option was the surgery, and after another good week of progress I can see some tightening that makes me hopeful to avoid a 2-3mo recovery (not too concerned about the $). Seeing your discussion was great too.

307 pounds was my max weight in Dec. 2009....
    Thanks for the reply. I might lose the next 10lbs pretty fast and from there on I will go for 1lb a week. I am too using moisturizers, just the normal ones you find in the store lol... I dont know if they work or not, but I got nothing to lose by using them.

It seems that now my problem is not to lose weight that fast, when before I was worried to lose some at least haha =)

SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    After a 3.5 month cut and 18 pounds lost I have started to reverse diet to transition into a bulk. Good luck to all of you with your goals!

WolfpackDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WolfpackDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WolfpackDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WolfpackDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WolfpackDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WolfpackDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WolfpackDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WolfpackDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WolfpackDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WolfpackDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WolfpackDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Down from 192 to 189.5 over the past week. Thanks for keeping this thread and other similar threads bumping. It is one of my morning reads and inspiration I need to keep this weight loss up.

ShoulderBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShoulderBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShoulderBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShoulderBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShoulderBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShoulderBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShoulderBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShoulderBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShoulderBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShoulderBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShoulderBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nov. 1 - 221 lbs
    Nov. 8 - 217 lbs
    Nov 14 - 215 lbs

Nov 22 - Goal 213
    Nov 29 - Goal 211
    Dec 6 - Goal 209
    Dec 13 - Goal 207
    Dec 20 - Goal 205
    Dec 27 - Goal 203
    Jan 1 - Goal 200

gzk0002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gzk0002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gzk0002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gzk0002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gzk0002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gzk0002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gzk0002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gzk0002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gzk0002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gzk0002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gzk0002 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    update on my progress, weighed 161 on 10/25, down to 155 on 11/12
    i will be going through the thread and repping people that are making progress

boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by boozebrah View Post
    dropped 106kg to 100.5 in 3 weeks. fuuuuaaaaaa!!
    now 99kg on the dot IF is good
    yours faithfully,

Arrie Kashik

BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Inn.

Holowitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holowitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holowitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holowitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holowitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holowitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holowitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holowitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holowitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holowitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holowitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weighed in today at 170 up from 169 last week. I started taking creatine this week, so I'm hoping it's just water weight that I've put back on.

Request21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Request21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Request21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Request21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Request21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Request21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Request21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Request21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Request21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Request21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Request21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Was having problems with my scales.. bought a new set. I wasn't plateaued.. I've lost 4kgs over the last 3 weeks. 91kg = 200 pounds. lightest i've been in 5+ years.

I've really struggled with losing bf during this cut, despite a consistant lifting schedule and calorie deficit. Well, after getting my bloodwork back yesterday, I found out that my estrogen levels have crept up while I've been on TRT. I'm thinking this has been the problem. I'm addressing the issue, which should help accelerate my cut.

Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    10/25 - 162 lbs
    11/4 - 159lbs
    11/14 - 158 lbs

Going a bit slower than I would have liked, but I guess that's because of the two alcohol binges I had. Might reduce calories or add in cardio after midterms.

Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First weigh in today and I've gone from 182 down to 179 in 3 weeks. Reps to randomers.
    Former 300+ lb club member, wearing stretch marks with pride to remind me NEVER to go back

jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    start: 182.4
    today: 175.4

next week ill take a photo. even though im not very lean im at my leanest ever and it feel very good. I know im heading in the right way I just have to stay focused and motivated.

Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000)
    currently 173 as of yesterday (weighed today too, to make sure)

started at 185 5-6 weeks ago

going to try for 170 in 9 days

alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm in. Doing my first cut. Was 167 at end of Sept.
    10/31/12 158.5
    11/7/12 157.5
    11/14/12 156.0

Originally Posted by Freshdou View Post
    10/25 - 162 lbs
    11/4 - 159lbs
    11/14 - 158 lbs

Going a bit slower than I would have liked, but I guess that's because of the two alcohol binges I had. Might reduce calories or add in cardio after midterms.
    Just noticed your stats. Your weight already seems very low for your height, especially if you carry any muscle at all. You may want to consider whether you really need a cut, of it you would benefit more from a clean bulk.

Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000) Boombaux is just really nice. (+1000)
    had cheat "day" today, didn't eat at all until dinner, had nachos and turkey burger from 99, probably 2400-2600 calories total
    not too bad considering it's maybe only 1-200 over maintainence

alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Paulie_G View Post
    Just noticed your stats. Your weight already seems very low for your height, especially if you carry any muscle at all. You may want to consider whether you really need a cut, of it you would benefit more from a clean bulk.
    That poster is 1" taller than I am. I did post some photos in previous forums, and everyone said I could benefit maybe from dropping some weight to help with mid-section fat. I'm 5'9" and probably shooting for no less than 148, and then will do clean bulk. I am lifting weights 3x/week now, and ensuring I get at least 150-160grams protein/day.

I attached some photos if anyone thinks I shouldn't be cutting. Only looking for a few more pounds. Thought I would be a bit more motivated with the clean bulk if I was starting without the belly.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by alewisdvm View Post
    That poster is 1" taller than I am. I did post some photos in previous forums, and everyone said I could benefit maybe from dropping some weight to help with mid-section fat. I'm 5'9" and probably shooting for no less than 148, and then will do clean bulk. I am lifting weights 3x/week now, and ensuring I get at least 150-160grams protein/day.

I attached some photos if anyone thinks I shouldn't be cutting. Only looking for a few more pounds. Thought I would be a bit more motivated with the clean bulk if I was starting without the belly.
    In your case, you have minimal muscle mass to start with, so yeah, I guess a touch of fat loss would be fine before you try to put on some lean mass. That's why I asked if he had any mass to start with. If he does, then dropping weight may not be advisable. As an example, I'm 5'7" and 179. Last time I got lean, which was 5 years ago, I had quite a bit less muscle, and probably was around 12-14% bf at 159 lb. I found it extremely difficult to go any lower than that. In my current state, I've put on a ton of muscle, and after bulking for too long, I'm around 18-19% bf at 179. Even if I my current cut is really disciplined, and dropped my bf to 10%, I would still be around 165 lb. So, after all this babbling, what I'm trying to say is a cut may, or may not be advisable, depending on his current body composition.