Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting GST, Log for motivation

Hi,

Im pretty new to the forum, and i'm about to make a log for myself to keep track of my improvements.
    And to keep myself motivated.
    I've been going to the gym for about a year right now, and I feel i've been "playing" a bit to much.

I'm from europe so i'm used to use the kgs to mention my performance, i'll try to give a slight indicator to lbs everytime, so most of you guys can follow, if anyone is actually interested.
    My english is not the best around, but once i'm on the log, i'm not supposed to keep writing introductions.

During my gymetime, I gained 6/7kg ( 13/15 lbs ). I always used workoutplans i found on the internet, and always focussed on a good performance of the exercice.
    Form >>> Weight.

I've always been a smaller(thinner) guy, i'm 1m82 and my weight was 60kg ( 132lbs ) I then gained 4kgs during the first 2months of training so i'm on 64kg (141lbs ).
    Today i weigh 72kg ( 158 lbs )

I found out about the GST program, and it looks very interesting.
    If you guys follow I hope you are familiar with the GST program.
    It's 1core exercice with 3supplement exercices.
    Each week you shift with the supplement exercices from 15-20reps to 6-8reps.

I'm still in the initial fase of starting the program.

Today i did the "Press Sequence" here are my results.

Incline BB Press :
    15x bar ( 44 lbs )
    8x 35kg
    6x 45kg
    6x 55kg ( 99 lbs )
    4x 65kg (121 lbs )
    4x 65kg (143 lbs ) -> Had some assistance, tought my 1rm was more.

Flat DB Press:
    20x 9kgs (20 lbs)warmup
    20x 15kg (33 lbs)
    20x 15kg
    20x 17kg (37 lbs)

Behind Military BB Press
    20x Bar (8kgs )
    20x 18kg (35 lbs)
    12x 18kg
    16x 16kg (39 lbs)

DB Seated Overhead Press
    20x 6kg warmup
    10x12kg (26lbs) 6x10kg (22lbs)
    10x10kg (22lbs) 8x8kg (17lbs)
    15x8kg (17lbs)

Notes: It's the first time i do this much reps, i'm used to take some higher weights and do 6-8 reps.
    Going to this amound of reps was hard, i struggles to be honost
    And most important is that i've overestimated myself.
    Looking forward to complete this week of many reps. So that i can go to the next week and do 6-8 reps.

Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frederickvc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today I had to lift,
    was pretty motivated, had to impression i've overestimated myself yesterday so today i was extra motivated to not let myself hang.

Barbell Deadlift
    15x bar
    8x40 kg
    6x50 kg
    6x55 kg
    6x75 kg (165 lbs )
    6x75 kg
    4x85 kg (187 lbs) ( Did not had to do this, but I felt really powerfull and i tought this would be my 1RM, so had to try out and managed to get 4 out! awesome )

Hyperextensions
    20x10kg
    20x20kg (44 lbs)
    20x20kg
    20x20kg
    I use a machine on this, i feel comfortable using the machine, and its the same move. Gonna try and look the name up, to share with you.
    Might have gone to 25kg, not sure, getting the 20reps out was hard on the last once, 25kg would've taken me back to 15 reps.. Not sure what i had to do or whats best, since the plan says 15-20 reps.

BB Goodmorning
    20x5 kg
    20x15 kg (33 lbs )
    20x15 kg
    20x15 kg
    Gym was getting growded at the point, so i took myself to the "other activities room" where they do those bodypump sessions, and took a plastic bar there.
    Have to ask a friend to view me while doing the goodmornings, not 100% sure if my form was perfect.. Gonna look into it!
    I admit, its my first time doing this exercice.

Dumbbell Shrugs
    20x10kg
    20x20kg (44 lbs)
    20x20kg
    20x20kg
    Hard to get so much reps out, felt something in the neck, not sure if it was the "pump" or some pain. Considering of doing 15reps on this, and takeing some higher dumbbels

4sets crunches of 20 reps..

All in all very satisfying workout, i felt awesome!

The plan says gym on monday, tuesday, thursday and friday..
    Did squatday on sunday, cus i had to work 3days in paris, so didnt have gym..
    Now i'm having 3days off, which is painfull..

Going to go to the gym tomorrow and do some small exercices probably some curls and small abs and back home since i have no courses tomorrow
    need to get back on the right days with the plan!
    Last edited by Frederickvc; 10-25-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Added the weights in LBS

MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    subbed, good luck with this man, a lot of people have had big success w/ gst. former soviet block area?
    The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them. - William Clayton

log- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147658573

Originally Posted by MakeGoBoom View Post
    subbed, good luck with this man, a lot of people have had big success w/ gst. former soviet block area?
    Thanks, no i'm from Belgium!

MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000) MakeGoBoom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Frederickvc View Post
    Thanks, no i'm from Belgium!
    good deal
    The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them. - William Clayton

Today was "a cheat the plan day"

Normally i didnt had to train, but else i didnt hit the gym in 3days.
    Since i started sunday last week instead of monday.

monday, tuesday, thursday and friday are my training days on the plan.

Just went to the gym to kill an hour, dont have much hours of courses, its my final year.

Just did some curls and ab exercices.
    Didn't care to do much, just a timekill as i said.

Standing Alternate DB Curls ( 1 = each side ) with superset ab exercice
    10 x 12kg + 10 Legs Up
    10 x 12kg + 10 Legs Up
    10 x 12kg + 10 Legs Up
    10 x 12kg + 20 Crunches
    10 x 12kg + 20 Crunches
    10 x 12kg + 20 Crunches
    10 x 12kg + 10 Legs Up
    10 x 12kg + 20 Crunches
    10 x 12kg + 15 Legs Up
    10 x 12kg + 20 Crunches

10sets was getting intense, once read something about a program that does 10x10, think its called german training or something in this direction.

Not much to say about satisfaction rate of this training.

Looking forward to monday to start this plan intense!
    My gymbook is already prepared for the full week, looks heavy like hell, especially starting with squatsequence.

I FEEL MOTIVATED LIKE HELL yeahhhh buddy

i train on off days too man. pull ups, push ups and running at least. 10x10 is called german volume training. i ran it not so long ago, i wouldn't run it for a extended period of time but it's a good shock training type deal.

i train on off days too man. pull ups, push ups and running at least. 10x10 is called german volume training. i ran it not so long ago, i wouldn't run it for a extended period of time but it's a good shock training type deal.
    Just did some running, when i go to school, i need to cross some sort of bridge
    ran it up around 20times, and 5times the stairsway.

How did you feel when doing the german volume training?

I tend not to train on offdays, when i dont go to the gym, i'm more motivated when i go back..

i went from doing olympic lifts back to slow lifts after i hurt my wrist and couldn't do speed work. i used the german volume to get my body used to slow lifting again. i liked it for what it was, but i wouldn't run it for a long period of time. 1-3 months max i would say.

Squat Day

Squat day today!
    awesome workout, was dead after the db front squats.. Felt like having massive legs, while they are small haha.
    Gonna try and upload leg picture also to the bodyspace, to view own progress in 2months.

Barbbell Squat
    15x bar
    8x 40kg ( 88lbs )
    6x 55kg ( 121lbs )
    6x 65kg ( 143lbs )
    6x 80kg ( 176lbs )
    4x 82.5kg ( 182lbs )

Walking BB Lunge
    20x 5kg ( warm up )
    15x 20kg ( 44lbs )
    15x 20kg
    15x 20kg

DB Front Squat
    20x 15 ( 33lbs )
    15x 24 ( 52lbs )
    15x 28 ( 61lbs )
    15x 28

Leg Extensions
    20x 15kg
    15x 30kg ( 66lbs )
    15x 30kg
    15x 30kg

Crunches
    25 - 20 - 20
    Last edited by Frederickvc; 10-29-2012 at 09:08 AM.

solid work day man, stay at it, the size will come along w/ strength

solid work day man, stay at it, the size will come along w/ strength
    DB front squats killed me after all those lunges.
    Sweat was running of my face, but didnt want to give in on the 28kg dumbbell!
    Extensions where a bit weak, legs where so dead haha, cycling home was intens LOL

tomorrow ill feel my legs a bit, but the day after they will be so sore, i always feel legs 2days afterwards. but then its offday anyway.

Pullday incoming tomorrow, gonna get my nightrest now!

Stay tuned for more updates

Pull Day

Chin Up
    15x 35kg ( 77lbs )assistance
    8x 25kg a ( 55lbs )
    6x 15kg a ( 33lbs )
    6x 10kg a ( 22lbs )
    5x 5kg a ( 11lbs )
    4x 5kg a (11lbs )

Still feel bad for not being able to perform regular chins without an assistance machine... Hope to get there within 3to4 weeks !!
    knowing that i weigh 72/73 (160lbs ) kgs now..

Medium Grip Front Lat Pulldown
    20x 15kg ( warm up )
    20x 30kg
    20x 35
    20x 37

Close Grip Seated Cable Row
    20x 15kg (33lbs )( warm up )
    20x 35 (77lbs )
    20x 35
    20x 35

Standing BB curl
    20x 7kg ( 15lbs )( warm up )
    20x 15 ( 33lbs )
    20x 19 ( 41lbs )
    20x 19

Workout killed me, was pretty exhausted afterwards, 20 rep weeks are hard

Tomorrow is offday, but need to go work, my gf her oncle has an exhibition company, he draws, produces and goes build them up and break them down. so its some sort of construction.. Possibility to lift some heavy stuff tomorrow.

stay the course man, chins will come with time

Incline BB Press :
    15x bar ( 44lbs )
    8x 35kg
    6x 45kg
    6x 55kg ( 121lbs )
    6x 60kg ( 132lbs )
    6x 60kg

Flat DB Press:
    20x 10kg ( 22lbs )
    20x 17kg
    20x 17kg ( 37lbs )
    20x 19kg (42lbs )

Behind Military BB Press
    20x Bar
    20x 16kg (35 lbs )
    13x 16kg
    15x 16kg

DB Seated Overhead Press
    20x 6kg warmup
    15x 8kg
    17x 8kg
    20x 8kg (17lbs)

In general i had the feeling i did a good workout, i had a rough time.
    Compared to my first time this routine ( 1st week i missed the 2workouts, and did this, redoing it now, to have a decend start of the program ) i took on shoulders less weight.

20reps is so much to get on shoulders, feeling this is a weakpoint, i'll try to work extra hard on shoulders!

Just went for a small run, half an hour, around 20minutes running up and down of the bridge closeby.

Tomorrow deadlift time, yeah!

numbers are still coming along man. as i've said before, a lot of people have had big success on this program. as long as you stay at it and eat well you're going to make good gains.

Barbell Deadlift
    15x bar
    8x40 kg
    6x60 kg ( 132 lbs )
    6x75 kg ( 165 lbs )
    6x90 kg ( 198 lbs ) Belt
    6x100 kg ( 220 lbs ) Belt
    2x110 kg ( 240 lbs ) Belt
    8x60 kg

Wore a belt on the last sets, will do 90 next time without probably.
    Last 2 sets where additional, felt good on 100kg, wanted to see if i could go higher. felt amazing to lift 110kg! Gonna go 100 max next time, and practice some form. Quiet new to deadlifting.
    The 8x60 kg was to finish off without belt.

Hyperextensions
    20x10kg
    20x25kg (55 lbs)
    20x25kg
    20x25kg

BB Goodmorning
    20x20 kg (33 lbs )
    20x20 kg
    20x20 kg

Dumbbell Shrugs
    20x20kg (44 lbs)
    20x24kg (52 lbs)
    20x24kg

Last training day this week, i finished Microcycle1 of GST, felt good, looking forward to lower reps. and get a beastmode week!

GST is challenging, i feel amazing when i workout, i'm very much focussed, i'm happy that i can do most exercices on my own, only need a spotter on pressday which is easy to find around in the gym if its just for a couple of minutes.
    I'll probably hit the gym tomorrow, normally i'm not "allowed"
    Probably gonna do the Pull sequence as an additional, still gives me sunday and monday to rest, till the next pull sequence comes up.

still killing it man. real solid first week

Rest Weekend

Planned to do an additional Pull sequence on saterday, felt some lowback from the lifts on friday..
    Difficult to say if its pain or sour, kept a cleanform during all the sets..
    So didn't go to the gym, gave myself some rest! And could use some time to study, having an presentation of 100minutes on tuesday as a part of my exam in january.

Tomorrow starting the powerweek, squatday tommorow, gonna get my wheels spinnin' haha

Squat goal is to get 2times 4x85kg (187lbs )
    db frontsquats 4times 8x47kg
    for extensions and lunges not really sure how far i can go.

Keeping you guys posted!

Squat Sequence

Barbbell Squat
    15x 30kg
    8x 45kg
    6x 60kg
    6x 72.5kg (160 lbs)
    6x 82.5kg (182 lbs)
    6x 82.5kg

Walking BB Lunge
    15x 7kg (warmup )
    10x 27kg
    10x 32kg (70.5lbs)
    8x 36kg (79.4lbs)
    8x 36kg

DB Front Squat
    15x 17kg ( warmup )
    8x 47kg ( 103.6lbs )
    8x 47kg
    8x 47kg
    8x 47kg

Leg Extensions
    15x 15kg ( warmup )
    8x 40kg
    8x 45kg
    10x 50kg ( 110.2lbs )
    8x 60kg (132.3lbs )

Amazing Legs, died on the DBfront squats.
    Extensions was searching for the weight, 60 was probably a bit to heavy, shouldv gone 50 to 55kg for all the sets, and keep them a second af top.
    47kg dbs are max in my gym, where i'm from the gyms are a bit more commercial, and where i go they are more focussed on an older target group.
    Dumbbels are 37kg max, my friend had to put 2x5kg on them, no clue how i can put more on it, a 10 will be to large to hold the dumbbell decend (will push against my chest), and a chain around my neck will not be comfortable i think, gonna need to improvise on this.
    Gonna switch to barbbell front squat, after this macrosession, normally i should continue this 12weeks, gonna have to change unfortunately

2sour days incoming!
    Squats are PR btw! never went this high! last week i could only do 6x80 and 4x82.5

good job meeting your squatting goals man, solid piece of work right there. if you dont have the db weight you need you can always just switch over to bb front squats. keep getting stronger man great session

Pull Sequence

Didn't had a good night rest, had some leg troubles, if i stretched my legg i had the feeling of getting a cramp, if i bent my legs it hurted, they where really sour.
    Above it i had some stress, had an exam this morning, which i did very well btw.

Pull sequence didn't go amazingly well, i need to stay positive and admit i did a good workout, but wanted to do it better.
    Started Chins a littlebit to heavy.

Chin Up, assisted machine
    15x 25kg
    8x 15kg
    6x 10kg
    4x 5kg
    5x 10kg
    3x 10kg

Hoped to get 2times 4out on bodyweight, wouldnt have managed anywhere near it.

Medium Grip Front Lat Pulldown
    15x 25kg
    8x 45
    8x 50
    8x 50
    8x 50

Close Grip Seated Cable Row
    15x 20
    8x 45
    8x 60 Cheated a bit, I try to keep a nice seated position, but now i had to bent over a littlebit, so I had some "swing" not really a swing but hope you understand.
    8x 45
    8x 45

Standing BB curl
    15x 7
    8x 31 Lowered down to 27, didnt want to cheat the curls, started to lean back a little bit with the shoulders, was alone in the gym, didnt have anybody to give that 1finger of assistance, so lowered a little in weight, and performed decend curls.
    10x 27
    10x 27
    10x 27

During curls i did some ab exercices

In general i can't really complain, but i'm not 100% satisfied, gonna try and do this workout over on saterday if I can!

just make sure you're doing dynamic warm ups prior to lifting and then stretching out post. it should help some man

Press Sequence

Incline BB Press :
    15x bar ( 44lbs )
    8x 30kg
    6x 40kg
    6x 50kg ( 110lbs )
    6x 60kg ( 132lbs )
    6x 60kg

Flat DB Press:
    15x 15kg warmup
    6x 28kg ( 62lbs ) Hoped to managed to get 4times8 out with this weight, was definitly to much, goal is to complete a set with 30kg dumbbels (66 lbs )
    8x 26kg ( 57lbs ) Lowered down to 26, happily someone was behind me, had to give me a little help, figured 24 would be better
    10x 24kg (53lbs ) 24was first time to easy, 2nd set was again challenging to reach 10, gonna try next time to start with 26's and finish off with it, probably spilled some energy on the 28s.
    10x 24kg

Well, set a goal, in my opinion its doable i hope!

Behind Military BB Press
    15x 8kg
    10x 22kg ( 48.5lbs )
    8x 26kg ( 57lbs )
    8x 26kg
    8x 26kg Couldv handled a little bit more!

DB Seated Overhead Press
    15x 7kg warmup
    8x 14kg (31 lbs )
    8x 14kg
    8x 14kg
    8x 14kg

are you giving yourself enough time in between sets? that might be causing the fatigue problems

are you giving yourself enough time in between sets? that might be causing the fatigue problems
    Yea, probably around 2minutes even in between sets, was alone in the gym, so had to ask someone to help me, 2adults where in the gym that i knew a little bit, they came to help me between their sets.

With the fatigue i mean i probably used alot of power to try the 28kgs, not really fatigue in the way of tired.. hope you understand, sometimes its difficult to express myself in english.

Originally Posted by Frederickvc View Post
    Yea, probably around 2minutes even in between sets, was alone in the gym, so had to ask someone to help me, 2adults where in the gym that i knew a little bit, they came to help me between their sets.

With the fatigue i mean i probably used alot of power to try the 28kgs, not really fatigue in the way of tired.. hope you understand, sometimes its difficult to express myself in english.
    yeah 2 minutes should be plenty. just gassed yourself going heavy i understand.

Lift Sequence

Barbell Deadlift
    15x 30
    8x 50
    6x 75
    6x 90 ( 198.4lbs )
    6x 110 ( 242lbs ) (belt)
    3x 115 ( 253.5lbs )grip issues, was heavy like hell, took small outer plates off and did 6x100 (220lbs) right away (belt)
    8x 80 ( 176.4lbs )
    My 2 heavy sets i use a belt, i always tend to lower then weight to finish off without a belt, gives me a very good feeling.

Hyperextensions
    15x 15
    10x 35
    10x 37.5 ( 82.7lbs )
    10x 37.5
    10x 37.5

BB Goodmorning
    15x 7
    10x 27
    10x 31 ( 68.3lbs )
    10x 31
    10x 31

Shrugs
    15x 17
    8x 30 ( 66.1lbs )
    8x 30
    8x 30
    8x 30

New record on deadlift!
    Maybe i should look for straps?!

good job on the record man, you can use straps but i suggest just working grip for a bit. it sucks when your lift gets to far away from what you can hold. plus with a little work you should be able to hold 400+, once you can lift that, that is

good job on the record man, you can use straps but i suggest just working grip for a bit. it sucks when your lift gets to far away from what you can hold. plus with a little work you should be able to hold 400+, once you can lift that, that is
    Thanks they really felt powerfull !

Took this morning new weight measurements, im now on 73.6kg or 162.3lbs, thats already +1.6kg or 3.5lbs.
    I try not to weight myself often, it feels much better to not do it for 2weeks or something, keeps myself motivated to strive to keep eating healthy, if you see on monday +0.1kg, tuesday +0.2kg, wednesday -0.2kg, i'll just feel bad, therefor i keep some time inbetween!