GHfitness2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Binge Eating. How do you motivate yourself to try AGAIN?

I really need some advice guys. I have searched around the web. But I love the advice from all members here at Bodybuilding.

I`m not a newbie to working out and eating right. I`m doing it just 2 years now. But the last few months it has gotten bad. To where as if I get thoughts about junk food, mainly at night I will go and eat what I desire. And that will turn into a few days of binging and no working out.

My will power is SO out of bounce. Two night ago I got the bad thoughts about junk food. I tried to hold back on it. But a few minutes later I was saying to myself I don`t want a 6 pack or lose weight etc. These`s were the thoughts that ran through my mind to make me feel it was ok to destroy all of my hard work. That was kinda the first for me of saying " I don`t want a six pack". (That is bad thoughts) That`s why i`m asking for some advice. Has any of ye thought that bad when cravings kicked in? I`m actually scared to start ALL OVER AGAIN. And only to lose control by Friday.

By the way. I do IIFYM. So i`m not restricted. The reason I binge is to stuff my face is large amounts. I guess that`s more of my direct problem.
    It`s all about doing what you`re suppose to be doing. Even if you don`t necessarily want to. That`s discipline. And discipline creates consistency. And consistency breeds success.

Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GHfitness2012 View Post
    I really need some advice guys. I have searched around the web. But I love the advice from all members here at Bodybuilding.

I`m not a newbie to working out and eating right. I`m doing it just 2 years now. But the last few months it has gotten bad. To where as if I get thoughts about junk food, mainly at night I will go and eat what I desire. And that will turn into a few days of binging and no working out.

My will power is SO out of bounce. Two night ago I got the bad thoughts about junk food. I tried to hold back on it. But a few minutes later I was saying to myself I don`t want a 6 pack or lose weight etc. These`s were the thoughts that ran through my mind to make me feel it was ok to destroy all of my hard work. That was kinda the first for me of saying " I don`t want a six pack". (That is bad thoughts) That`s why i`m asking for some advice. Has any of ye thought that bad when cravings kicked in? I`m actually scared to start ALL OVER AGAIN. And only to lose control by Friday.

By the way. I do IIFYM. So i`m not restricted. The reason I binge is to stuff my face is large amounts. I guess that`s more of my direct problem.
    I'm recovering from binging disorder that I had pretty bad. I still screw up but it only happens maybe once a month compared to a couple times a week. I need lots of volume to feel satisfied. I upped my calories, and consume tons and tons of veggies like carrots. I also try and save my biggest meal for my last meal because when I do binge, it's at night. If I save my biggest meal for my last meal, I'll feel satisfied enough to make it until the morning. Upping calories will take a way from you progressing as quickly but making some progress is better than screwing up and taking away from you making progress.
    Last edited by Austinbruso94; 06-01-2014 at 10:24 AM.

DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would imagine its because your reason for doing this isn't a very strong one. Wanting six pack abs as your reason isn't a very sustainable option if you ask me.

Find a reason that truly inspires you to workout and then the commitment, dedication, motivation and six pack abs come with it.

Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by DanLimitless View Post
    I would imagine its because your reason for doing this isn't a very strong one. Wanting six pack abs as your reason isn't a very sustainable option if you ask me.

Find a reason that truly inspires you to workout and then the commitment, dedication, motivation and six pack abs come with it.
    The truth.

I like to think that whenever you fail to do something you initially wanted to do, it's usually one of these reasons:
    1- You don't want it bad enough - lack of vision, big picture thinking
    2- You don't believe you can reach your goal, you think what you're currently doing will have diminishing returns. - lack of confidence, assertiveness
    3- You wanted it, but your current desires over-powered - a mixture of both number 1 but also with lack of will-power added to it.

So, in order to make sure you don't fail again:
    1- Make sure you know exactly what you want, and why you want it.
    2- Reassure yourself that you are on the right path to achieve it and you CAN achieve it, regardless of what other people think, say or do.
    3- Fight through the pain when it gets hard, and your will-power will strengthen with time, making it easier and easier, allowing you to take on progressively harder and more difficult challenges.
    “A life spent chasing dreams that never come true is better than a life spent running away from dreams that could have.” – Alan Aragon

samuelazide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dan and Mony are right on the mark with this one. Attach your mindset to a goal that truly reaches somewhere deep. When your mind is attached to something that truly matters and you see the big picture, your actions will follow and you won't do anything to put that goal in jeopardy.
    -It's About Getting Better Everyday-
    Get REAL results: www.upgrademybody.com

Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000)
    He who gives up last wins. Failure and mistakes is part of the process of becoming whatever you want to become. Fall, then rise again. Success is found in not giving up. We all have mistakes and short comings. But as long as we keep not giving up we will win out in the end. I don't know how many failures I have had in my life. But I keep trying.

Stay fit. Die anyway. GetSwoley's Avatar
    GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try carb cycling... eat virtually no carbs for two days in a row, then on the day you do high carbs Lift hard and you can squeeze in some sweet treats, along with still eating clean of course. That's what's helped me.

A few weeks ago we had a giant group campout on one of my high carb days... I went crazy on kettlecorn, jalapeno cheetos and donettes... I lifted extremely hard that day with a full body workout and My body used like all the excess carbs I ate...Was only up .3 lbs from the day before and got the binge out of the way
    "Everything seems impossible until it's done" - Nelson Mandela

"The best diet is the one you don't think you're on."

NASM CPT

Dreamchasers Anonymous loseitall90210's Avatar
    loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Silentpoet View Post
    He who gives up last wins. Failure and mistakes is part of the process of becoming whatever you want to become. Fall, then rise again. Success is found in not giving up. We all have mistakes and short comings. But as long as we keep not giving up we will win out in the end. I don't know how many failures I have had in my life. But I keep trying.
    Truer words have never been spoken. I've failed so many times it's not even funny. All the success you see out there, no matter what it entails ONLY happened because the people who made those things happen didn't give up. No other reason. They were not special and most were just feeling around in the dark until they found something.

I"m a firm believer in By Any Means necessary; maybe you need to keep the junk out of your house and leave your $$ & credit cards, at work so you can't buy the junk at night. If you can't buy it or get it, and probably won't steal it, you probably won't binge. You gotta do whatever it takes to achieve your goals.

But the thing is, if you want it bad enough, I think you'll figure out a way to stop it...but if you want it more than you want to eat junk; you'll succeed. That I'm sure of. I'd work on that first; wanting it bad enough to do anything to get it. Thing about that though, is if you have to work on that last part, you probably did not want it bad enough to begin with. Motivation also comes and goes so don't rely on that to keep you in line. Some days I wanna work out and diet, some days I don't.

Become a creature of habit; Habit > Motivation.
    March 1st -June 1st Weight Loss:
    3-2: 226 | 3-9:223 | 3-16: 219 | 3-23: 215.5 | 3-30: 215 | Month Total: 11 POUNDS
    4-6: 212 | 4-13: 211 | 4-20: 208 | 4-27: 203.5 | Month Total: 8.5 POUNDS
    5-4: 200.5 | 5-11: xxx | 5-18: xxx | 5-25: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 6-1: xxx

“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

“Great minds have purposes; little minds have wishes. Little minds are subdued by misfortunes; great minds rise above them.”