HipsterPat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do I tell my lovely Mother to stop being so lovely?

Argh, I'm experiencing some frustration with my diet. I've lost almost 30 pounds already, but I know I could have lost at least 5-10 pounds more over the last 11 weeks. I am a college student and am living at home. After illness I got fat and depressed, hence the current weight loss. I think I am about 15 pounds away from my goal, and about 25 pounds away from a cut six-pack. I have made progress, but the progress yet to be made is still daunting. I do not buy any kind of junk food and stick well to a strict diet on my own. However, my parents (who are of average fitness for their age) constantly buy too much food for three people, buy and cook too much tasty food when entertaining at our house, and do indulge in sweets and fatty foods on their own. My problem is, is that sometimes when I'm stressed I might eat a crab cake after a meal, a pork chop, or have some crackers and peanut butter or hummus or almonds left over. I know those foods aren't junk foods, but anything in excess is a junk food, and they are not part of my mostly Paleo diet (w oats). I AM losing weight, but I want to lose more faster. I know it's my own personal problem to keep myself from eating food when I'm stressed or tired, even if that means that it will go bad. However, I want to tell my mom to stop buying excess food but not criticize her or anything. Should I just use more self control and let food go bad? I know the answer is yes, but I just feel the need to vent... I am also doing the Kris Gethin 12 week trainer...

Pat
    Threw away athletic and academic scholarships. Bipolar II disorder. Recovering alcoholic. Recovering from an eating disorder. Getting my life back on track. My fitness is a good place to start this journey.

I don't believe in "before" photos.

August 1: 240+
    October 1: 215
    December 25: Goal of 195 (normal/very fit weight) **MET AND EXCEEDED!
    Goal of below 10% bf by June 1, 2013 (185-190), there's no rush.

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Couple things..

1. Maybe Paleo is your problem, why aren't just eating a good balanced diet that incorporates ALL the foods you like?
    2. There is no magic diet that will make you lose fat faster... not keto, not paleo, not carb cycling, etc... stay at a caloric deficit, reap results.
    3. You don't want to lose too fast, maybe 1-2 pounds a week tops. If you lose faster, more muscle will go bye-bye.
    4. You live at home, under your parents roof that they pay for. If my kid told me not to buy certain foods, or how to run my house, he/she would be out on their azz.. Self control man, it's not your parents fault.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

HipsterPat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks you two. I just needed to vent. Just what I needed to hear. I AM getting better every day. I no longer binge eat. Now I just need to not overeat at meals once in a while. I think I'm about 6-8 weeks from my goal. It's kind of funny that I am getting mad at my parents for living too richly and for spoiling me...
    Threw away athletic and academic scholarships. Bipolar II disorder. Recovering alcoholic. Recovering from an eating disorder. Getting my life back on track. My fitness is a good place to start this journey.

I don't believe in "before" photos.

August 1: 240+
    October 1: 215
    December 25: Goal of 195 (normal/very fit weight) **MET AND EXCEEDED!
    Goal of below 10% bf by June 1, 2013 (185-190), there's no rush.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Schickita View Post
    You know the answer; you have full control of this situation. I used to live at home too during the summer and tracking my macros was really hard because my parents simply wouldn't let me cook for myself (strong parental control). However it seems to me that you are capable of making such decisions for yourself, so just stick to your macros and disregard the tasty treats in the house. I know it's hard but discipline is the only path to self-improvement.
    This is the answer.

also, paleo is silly.

cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    also, paleo is silly.
    this is also the answer
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with all the comments above, at the end its all you. But i dont understand why you cant talk to your parents about it. a supporting environment is a must in my opinion for a successful transformation.
    Its not disrespectful at all, your parents want whats best for you and im sure part of the reason they are doing what they are doing is because they dont want you to want something and not have it.
    I was in the same situation and i sat down with my parents and explained to them with all the respect they deserve whats my issue, it took some time for all of us to get used to it but it got better overtime.
    think about it,