View Poll Results: Do you believe that creatine may cause hair loss?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 75.00%
  • No

2 25.00%
    TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Creatine and Hair Loss Studies

I'm not convinced that creatine increases DHT to the point of causing hair loss. I know this topic has been discussed extensively here before, but I've noticed that a single study claiming creatine causes hair loss is repeatedly cited. Could someone post a link to this study and any other studies that either support or deny its conclusion?

I know creatine makes the shortlist of most effective supplements, but if there's a risk that it may cause hair loss, I might consider stopping using it. I've been taking it for over a year at 3g four times weekly.

mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Been taking creatine for 3 years or more now. I had hairloss before I started to work out and take it. No diference either way in hair loss/gain. Looks same to me as my hairloss has stabled out a bit.
    Current Supps:
    PreWorkout - CL White Flood & CL White Blood (trying out)
    Intra - Scivation Xtend or CL Purple Wraath
    Proteins - CL Golden Feast new watermelon
    Creatine - ON micronized mono
    Vitamins - CL Orange Triad or NOW Adam
    Fish oil - CL Orange OxiMega
    Extra - CL OxiGreens

TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheUbermensch is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bump!

brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mikz86ta View Post
    Been taking creatine for 3 years or more now. I had hairloss before I started to work out and take it. No diference either way in hair loss/gain. Looks same to me as my hairloss has stabled out a bit.
    Same. started getting the side front entries when I was 19. Been taking creatine since I was 20. No difference.
    Army Veteran, OEF.

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There was a study, but its only one study and I dont believe it has ever been replicated. I really dont think creatine and hair loss is a concern.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife