shmern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

time to stop bulking?

hey guys,

did the ice cream fitness 5x5 for the last 8 weeks and loved it. made a lot of progress on all my lifts. i went from around 160 to 173 now, and im satisfied at my weight. i tried to do a strict clean bulk, but on the college diet and schedule it sometimes got dirty, so I have a bit of fat here and there now. want to start cutting now. the thing is, I love the 5x5 but is it advisable even on a cutting diet? and being that im going to start cutting i am going to be doing alot of running on off days, which means my legs will be sore on train days for squats. how do I manage this? i know i can do cardio directly after my lift workouts, but im wayyy to beat to get a good cardio session in. should i change to a split program since im cutting? thoughts?

much appreciation for the help and input everyone

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You gained weight too fast. A surplus of 2-400 calories is plenty. Your surplus must have been more like 1000.

You can use the program to cut. Jason recommends cutting down to 3 main sets if required.

ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    post some pics, bro.

your cutting routine need not (and in most cases should not) differ from your bulking routine.

if you're worried about cardio after squat days, try a bike, or incline treadmill walking. I know cardio with leg DOMS sucks...but it's just something you need to push through.
    Work like a slave. Eat like a king. Sleep like a baby. Look like a GOD.

✪Saiyan ☾rew✪
    If I tell you "reps on recharge" and I forget, just remind me.

Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You only bulked up for 8 weeks and feel fat? I been bulking for 10+ months now and will still bulk until I've gone all 12 months as planned. Ya my abs are gone but IDGAF I made some good strength and size gains. That being said, 13 lbs in 8 weeks is way too fast. You wanna look in the nutrition stickies to control calories.

Also your routine should not change just because you cut or bulk, it should only change if you feel you can't make progress on it anymore (or if you could be making faster progress on another routine), but DEFINITELY DO NOT change to a split routine, you're on a great routine right now, stick to it. You could always do a mini cut until you're satisfied with bodyfat levels and then bulk up again but this time slower and more controlled so you can bulk for more than just 8 weeks.
    Training with Osteolysis and a gigantic ganglion cyst... One day I will surgery, but not today...

AsianBBCGenetics

JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would keep doing the program your on and slowly reduce calories or slowly add a little cardio.

Jumping from bulking to cutting too quickly on short cycles with out being super strict about your calories is a recipe for going no where!

Jace75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jace75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jace75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jace75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jace75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jace75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jace75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jace75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jace75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jace75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jace75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    up the cardio to 'lean out' no need to stop bulking...ever LOL
    U.S Army
    1996-1998 82ND ABN.
    1998-2008 75th Ranger

"Rangers lead the way"

current maxes
    350/245/405