ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10)

question about hunger

I just turned 30. 5'10" 187lbs. I'm cutting now on about 2100 cals a day and I'm hungry as Hell. My question is: I cut in the past from 230lbs to 160 on an unhealthy 1600 cals a day (was before I did enough research) and I was no way near as hungry as I am now. I was 22 yrs old then so in assuming my metabolism was a lot faster, I dropped weight fast. I was boxing and had a steady weight lifting regimen so my workouts weren't less or anything. I lift now maybe 4 days a week plus boxing 4 days. Why does it seem harder this time around? I've been at it for 3 weeks. Have only lost a few lbs but notice a difference in the mirror. I'm putting on muscle but...what's up with the hunger? Age? Thx.
    Crush. Kill. Destroy.

BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraggadocioBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ziplocc View Post
    I just turned 30. 5'10" 187lbs. I'm cutting now on about 2100 cals a day and I'm hungry as Hell. My question is: I cut in the past from 230lbs to 160 on an unhealthy 1600 cals a day (was before I did enough research) and I was no way near as hungry as I am now. I was 22 yrs old then so in assuming my metabolism was a lot faster, I dropped weight fast. I was boxing and had a steady weight lifting regimen so my workouts weren't less or anything. I lift now maybe 4 days a week plus boxing 4 days. Why does it seem harder this time around? I've been at it for 3 weeks. Have only lost a few lbs but notice a difference in the mirror. I'm putting on muscle but...what's up with the hunger? Age? Thx.

It could just be a matter of tempation vs discipline. It could also be that u are maybe missing key vitamins in your diet. Another possibilty is that with your level of training/intensity/frequency that u are actually eating well below your caloric maintenance which may be too much. It could be anything brah.

myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why is cutting at 1.6k cals/day unhealthy?

It might just be mental. I find that it gets better over time.

Also, it depends in what you eat. I eat a lot of fish/chicken with vegetables.

200-300 calories on vegetables alone is going to keep you full for a while.

Cabbages is my go too vegetable these pass two weeks.

And egg whites help a lot too. When I need a snack, I just eat 3-4 eggs and it holds me over.
    Reppin DMF & JG crew

ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziplocc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by myjohnson View Post
    Why is cutting at 1.6k cals/day unhealthy?

It might just be mental. I find that it gets better over time.

Also, it depends in what you eat. I eat a lot of fish/chicken with vegetables.

200-300 calories on vegetables alone is going to keep you full for a while.

Cabbages is my go too vegetable these pass two weeks.

And egg whites help a lot too. When I need a snack, I just eat 3-4 eggs and it holds me over.
    I read on here thats way too low of a caloric intake. And that no adult male should eat less than 1800 cal/day. Broscience? I mean it did work. I dropped weight fast and got cut up nice, put on a lot of muscle.

So basically this might be a mental thing with me? I'm trying to eat enough veggies. I definitely could be better tho. My diet is mostly meats and grains. But I do eat veggies too.

Thanks guys. Both repped
    Crush. Kill. Destroy.

pseulak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I found that most of my hunger went away when I got my nutrition sorted out and started drinking the proper amount of water. Getting the right amount of protein, fiber and fat helps keep you satiated. Tracking exactly what you eat for a couple days and figuring out nutrients may point at something missing.

eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pseulak View Post
    I found that most of my hunger went away when I got my nutrition sorted out and started drinking the proper amount of water. Getting the right amount of protein, fiber and fat helps keep you satiated. Tracking exactly what you eat for a couple days and figuring out nutrients may point at something missing.
    ^ This guy is definitely right. When I started it took me a few weeks to get my schedule together, i tried everything from 1 meal a day to 7 and played around with the timing. experiment with it.
    Also - Fiber is very important and is unbelievably overlooked, make sure you have enough Fiber in your diet, 14g per 1000 calories is the absolute minimum.
    Water intake is also crucial, shoot for around a galon a day, i have a galon plastic bottle i take to work that way i know exactly how much i drank and dont need to count glasses. every now and then i get tired of drinking water so i do what Kris Gethin does and mix in some sort of flavored BCAA like Xtend or Purple Wraath.
    Make sure you have enough Fats in your diet, they are a calorie dense macro and they assist in slowing down digestion which in turn helps you stay full.

Hope this helps,
    Good luck,

Thank you. Gonna up my water and fiber intake. Hopefully that helps. Earlier at work I got extremely irritated and emotional when I was hungry. That's not like me. It reminded me of diabetics. When their blood sugar drops they get grumpy. Kinda worried.
    Crush. Kill. Destroy.

SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am still trying to get better disciplined at my water intake! Its so very crucial for our metabolisms to keep revving and burning and helping flush toxins out too
    No Excuses just results

Muscle Gauge Nutrition Rep